Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,855 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Why are so many African marriages breaking up abroad?. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why are so many African marriages breaking up abroad?. (4582 Views)

See The Reason My Girlfriend Of 3yrs Is Breaking Up With Me, Screenshot Added / I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance / Why African Marriages Can't Survive In The West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why are so many African marriages breaking up abroad?. by queeneve: 1:03am On Oct 04, 2010
It always a NARROW FUGGER blaming the FAILURES of their marriage ON SOMETHING ELSE,

Nothing contribute to the FAILURE OR SUCCESS of your relationship BUT YOU AND THE PARTNER, that why it called RELATIONSHIP, how you relates to one another determines WHETHER the relationship lasts or fail,

It has nothing to do with the West nor the East, If you married a girl from your own upbringing REGARDLESS where you live, IT WILL REMAIN THE SAME, that why you shouldn't marry someone that is UNEQUALLY YOKED to you,

Apples and Oranges will never have the SAME THING except they are both FRUIT THAT IT!

Boys blame others beside themselves, YOU FAILED YOUR MARRIAGE, admit it, accept it, and grow from it!
Re: Why are so many African marriages breaking up abroad?. by Noigeeriaa: 1:06am On Oct 04, 2010
lack of egusi soup
Re: Why are so many African marriages breaking up abroad?. by Tinksh(f): 2:23am On Oct 04, 2010
So its all the west's fault, Wow!! Now i think ive read it all. So its blamed on the women learning they are equal! Frightening comments on here. A man doesnt leave a good woman and a woman doesnt leave a good man. Thought slavery had been abolished!!! Grow up and take responsibility for your own actions.
Re: Why are so many African marriages breaking up abroad?. by queeneve: 2:31am On Oct 04, 2010
It is typical Tink,

A man looses his job, a woman is blamed
A man cheats, a woman is blamed
A man goes limp, a woman is blamed,

Why is it that women ARE SUPPOSED TO BE INFERIOR to men but GET BLAME FOR EVERYTHING THE superior does? Hmmmmm
Re: Why are so many African marriages breaking up abroad?. by Tinksh(f): 2:39am On Oct 04, 2010
Excellent point Queeneve!! When i read the topic i thought it had to be a exerpt from a 1920's book. Shocked that some people still treat woman that way, to take her home like that to her family and leave her there, my god!!! What if she did that to him?? I ponder, hehe!!!

And they wonder why they cant get a decent woman! Geez!!!
Re: Why are so many African marriages breaking up abroad?. by queeneve: 3:04am On Oct 04, 2010
I concur!

I have noticed that SOME people are still stuck in the old ZULU WARRIOR days and are not OPT to new ideas and new traditions. Especially if the traditions aren't match with the current days.

I noticed that Nigerian men specifically do not like women who are "testers" as the men in USA say if you ARE HEARD, you are a threat, and I think that what happens to the women that these men seems to have issues with, AND THE ONLY THING THEY COMPLAIN about is THAT THE WOMAN BECAME WESTERNIZED whatever the fugg that mean,
Re: Why are so many African marriages breaking up abroad?. by Pettitegal(f): 9:21am On Oct 04, 2010
Regardless of where you live, marraige can only work if the two people involved are compatible in every possible way, communicate effectively and constantly work on the marriage to produce results. Marraige like anything else needs continous tending and if this piece is missing, it will fall apart regardless, My 2 cents
Re: Why are so many African marriages breaking up abroad?. by okeyxyz(m): 1:02pm On Oct 04, 2010
problem is: guys fail to adjust to d realities of the modern woman. she is much more emancipated, empowered,

forthright & wat have u. u can't continue to keep em under repression. personally, i'm all for d modern woman. she

makes relationship & life more challenging & interesting & fulfilling. she's not to be feared but embraced & mastered.

the rules of d game has changed & we(guys) have to adjust & become better players in dis game of

relationship\marriage\life.
Re: Why are so many African marriages breaking up abroad?. by queeneve: 1:07pm On Oct 04, 2010
Relationship is not a game
Re: Why are so many African marriages breaking up abroad?. by Coretalk(m): 1:34pm On Oct 04, 2010
African marriages are for African. When you bring european/american style of marriage into african marriage.
It takes more than guts to keep the marriage together.

Reading through the replies, i can see that both parties don't fully accept or know the full concept of european/american marriage.

They either accept this and reject the other. you have to be ready for all parts of the marriage, the good it brings and the bad as well
Re: Why are so many African marriages breaking up abroad?. by queeneve: 1:44pm On Oct 04, 2010
I ain't never heard of no chit like this,

There is no SUCH THING AS AFRICAN MARRIAGE, AMERICAN MARRIAGE, OR EUROPEAN MARRIAGE,

MARRIAGE IS MARRIAGE,

People bring CULTURE and TRADITIONS into the marriage, BUT IT DOES NOT MAKE IT AFRICAN, AMERICAN, OR EUROPEAN MARRIAGE,

Every MARRIAGES HAs the same COMPONENTS AS THE LAST MARRIAGE, they all REQUIRES THE PRESENT OF GOD, regardless of latter,
Re: Why are so many African marriages breaking up abroad?. by lovemoi2(f): 2:11pm On Oct 04, 2010
I would'nt insult any gender, bt the blame oN women is just heartbreaking

some men just need 2 get the crazy negative idea about women and try 2 get 2 know a woman. Stop underestimating the love and care of a women. A woman will do anythng 4 a man that is loving and caring 2 her. Show a woman love n c how she's göna treat u.

Most women in africa are really going tru hell in their marriages cos most of the time they have nO say.
AFRICA has a system where the men thnk that its ok 4 them 2 have so many women bt the wives should just do the dirty laundry. A man wil give all his mOney 2 a LovePeddler while hs wife is at home with nO cloth or food.

The rate at which women are abused in Africa,
wil u blame these woMen who now have the power 2 talk Please show ur wives care and see if she's goNa leave u?
Re: Why are so many African marriages breaking up abroad?. by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:21pm On Oct 04, 2010
lovemoi2:

I would'nt insult any gender, bt the blame oN women is just heartbreaking

some men just need 2 get the crazy negative idea about women and try 2 get 2 know a woman. Stop underestimating the love and care of a women. A woman will do anythng 4 a man that is loving and caring 2 her. Show a woman love n c how she's göna treat u.

Most women in africa are really going tru hell in their marriages cos most of the time they have nO say.
AFRICA has a system where the men thnk that its ok 4 them 2 have so many women bt the wives should just do the dirty laundry. A man wil give all his mOney 2 a LovePeddler while hs wife is at home with nO cloth or food.

The rate at which women are abused in Africa,
wil u blame these woMen who now have the power 2 talk Please show your wives care and see if she's goNa leave u?

in general most women in africa marry for 2 mains reason

1 to up grade her self socially and finacially

2 marry out of love

in process most stay in abusive marriages becoz they got no alternatives i.e looking after her self financially without the help from a man

the abuse has been going on for genarations

once she comes to the west and the man contuines with the abuse of controlling etc the woman divorce becoz she has an alternative i.e find a job and look after herself and man have lost the battle to control

though in both sides man and woman you find people who abuse situations
Re: Why are so many African marriages breaking up abroad?. by Pettitegal(f): 2:54am On Oct 05, 2010
Pettitegal:

Regardless of where you live, marraige can only work if the two people involved are compatible in every possible way, communicate effectively and constantly work on the marriage to produce results. Marraige like anything else needs continous tending and if this piece is missing, it will fall apart regardless, My 2 cents
okeyxyz:

problem is: guys fail to adjust to d realities of the modern woman. she is much more emancipated, empowered,

forthright & wat have u. u can't continue to keep em under repression. personally, i'm all for d modern woman. she

makes relationship & life more challenging & interesting & fulfilling. she's not to be feared but embraced & mastered.

the rules of d game has changed & we(guys) have to adjust & become better players in dis game of

relationship\marriage\life.

True talk

. True TALK
Re: Why are so many African marriages breaking up abroad?. by hinduism(f): 3:11pm On Oct 05, 2010
Because we are in the 21st century where everything must become new
Re: Why are so many African marriages breaking up abroad?. by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 30, 2011
pressures associated with culture shock.
Re: Why are so many African marriages breaking up abroad?. by KennyG6(m): 8:14pm On May 30, 2011
The poster's assertion is somewhat spurious, while there are obvious issues with those living abroad, the number of marriages breaking up in nigeria is equally on the rise. I guess the fact that most of those in nigeria dont actually divorce the woman but merely move on to another woman sort of hides the true pic.
Re: Why are so many African marriages breaking up abroad?. by MrsChima1(f): 10:42pm On May 30, 2011
Kenny_G:

The poster's assertion is somewhat spurious, while there are obvious issues with those living abroad, the number of marriages breaking up in Nigeria is equally on the rise. I guess the fact that most of those in Nigeria don't actually divorce the woman but merely move on to another woman sort of hides the true pic.

If I live in a country where divorce is not favorable for women I would too not even attempt to divorce a man that is no good. I am assuming people divorce because of infidelity, differences, and mutual agreement. I am not saying that every men are no good the same goes for the woman. However, divorce in America is favorable toward women in order words women get half of EVERYTHING including custody of children sometimes full custody.

And the fact that African couples who are married to each other comes abroad for a period of time and then filed for divorce because of 1, 2, and 3 solidifies my claim about divorce favoritism.

A spade is a spade is a spade.
Re: Why are so many African marriages breaking up abroad?. by MrCork17: 1:44pm On May 31, 2011
***maybe when they ban black women from education, Marraige will survive angry ***
Re: Why are so many African marriages breaking up abroad?. by MrsChima(f): 2:18pm On May 31, 2011
Po' baby. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

She Is Crazy Of My Lips,eyes And Voice! / Whats Wrong If U Feel Ugly? / Check Up S£XY Photos From Amber Rose’s 32nd Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.