Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,891 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? (36329 Views)

Why Do You Think God Created All The Other Planets Aside The Earth? / I Think God Is The Devil. Here Is Why! / I Think God Is Shy, Insecure And Gay. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by pirees: 8:34am On Apr 11, 2017
God sha
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Nobody: 8:36am On Apr 11, 2017
2dugged:
Maybe we should check the definition of partiality, and then related it to what you just described, so because one worships me more than the other, I give preference to him more than the other, so what is now the difference between what we humans do everyday?, and besides looking back a doctor would have made more impact in such a situation than the presence of Jesus, just wondering when we will have good paramedic services in this country for emergencies

Partiality is a negative word and it cannot be used to describe God. God inhibits the praises of His people, if you want His abiding presence then keep praising Him and your prayers will be close to His ears

"The prayers of the righteous are His delight"

If you want to know more about God then you can send a PM. The Holy Spirit will help reveal Him to you if you ask.

Science has failed many people, there are several instances where science could not go further but God stepped into the case
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by hopefulLandlord: 8:38am On Apr 11, 2017
Jtfranklin:
Hey bros, the whomever does not lie with God, it lies with us. It just like saying for God so love the world............ that whosoever believe will not be destroyed but av eternal life. What about those who do not believe? Will God force us to believe? He created us as free moral agents not as robot. So when we make our choices whether good or bad we benefit or suffer the consequences. Moses once told the Israelites : I put life and death before u, the curses and the blessings, but choose life so that you may live. Of course it's only rational to expect all of them to choose life. But their choices is not in their lips but it comes from their heart and how they live their lives. So God shows mercy to whomever deserved to be shown I.e those who sin and repent and vows not to go back to their old ways and jeep to their vows. What if we sin and we pray for repentance and still go back to our old ways? Ur guess is as good as mine. Conclusion is simple. God is not partial but in EVERY NATION the man that fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him.Acts 10 v 34, 35

tell me about the choices Job's first family and workers made in order to deserve suffering and deaths

keyword: "Job's first family and workers"
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by An2elect2(f): 8:40am On Apr 11, 2017
BuzChi:

Study 2 Peters 1: 2 , Col. 1:9..the right knowledge deposited in the heart&mind can unviels to you more "goodies" in Christ Jesus! Especially since grace & truth finally manifested and we could possess it, as it possesses us, through him(John 1:17). The Mosaic laws couldn't give grace&truth!--2 Corinthians 3:7---18..
2 Peter 1:2-4
Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Lol you should study more! vs 2 explicitly states that grace be multiplied (which means some people have grace even before they were born) through the knowledge of God and our Lord Jesus. The questions are who grants us this knowledge? And is this conditioned on our fulfilling something first? Or does God simply give understanding to those He has chosen? Vs 3 answers the question!

Colossians 1:9
For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives

It doesn't look like they were praying for anybody. Or does it? So who were they praying for? People who have become like them. Who they heard have been saved by grace. And they began praying that they be filled (with what they have) with the knowledge of God's will. It didn't look like they were trusting on men to do they filling!
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by kaboninc(m): 8:45am On Apr 11, 2017
2dugged:
which one is baby again now. ,"Ms "will do just fine for me

If you like boil, e no go still toast this bread and egg wey dey hungry me.. .. cheesy cheesy cheesy kiss kiss
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 11, 2017
Pidgin2:

Partiality is a negative word and it cannot be used to describe God. God inhibits the praises of His people, if you want His abiding presence then keep praising Him and your prayers will be close to His ears

If you want to know more about God then you can send a PM. The Holy Spirit will help reveal Him to you if you ask.

Science has failed many people, there are several instances where science could not go further but God stepped into the case
PM you, sorry, I would rather keep my sanity. partiality is a negative word but calling him the consuming fire isn't? , I bet there is nothing positive about consuming or fire not to talk of bringing the two words together, but since the context in which it is used favours you, it's allowed?, I don't know about other parts of the world but here, science has proven to be more reliable than any religion, that's a fact

5 Likes

Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by An2elect2(f): 8:46am On Apr 11, 2017
oruma19:
many are around that are fully blessed but they don't believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and saviour, they see Him as a prophet e.g the Muslims. Aren't they blessed also?
It depends on the blessing we are talking about. The thread isn't about "sun shining on everyone" but God giving some eternal life through Jesus and allowing others go to their place.
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by otemanuduno: 8:49am On Apr 11, 2017
SmartMugu:

Which one is Mazda again? Is that a god too? I thought it was a car brand. Are Toyota, Mercedes, BMW, Innoson gods too?

Enough of all these. Are their multiple gods or its just One that everyone believes created them? If it's only one God, then which one is the right one? Yahweh? Allah? your Mazda? the over two dozen other gods Indians and Chinese alone believe in? This stuff gets confusing, especially knowing people look at each other differently just on religious basis.
The GOD who created all the ones you have mentioned doesn't even want to be known, or else the development of the world will be slower, as we can see right now. God the Universe the father of Yahweh, Vishnu, Allah, Mazda, Enlil and so on isn't the GOD of religion but the God who loves human to use their brains and advance the course of humanity.
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by kaboninc(m): 8:49am On Apr 11, 2017
Phunkyposh:

I really don't get your question . But as a child of God , his word is our guide. If we look deeply, we would know God is merciful.
if he takes record of our sins and evil ways , Who will stand?

All you said are based on the teachings from Christianity.

Anyway, based on these teachings, does God no sin and commit evil?

I know some will say I've committed the abominable.. .lol

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by pirees: 8:50am On Apr 11, 2017
Zenlife:

"Judas was not destined to betray Jesus but someone needed to do the betrayal and Judas who had been stealing from d treasury made himself available for devil to use him."

Then this God can't be all knowing.
He's not omniscient.

when people tell me only God know tommorow I disagree with them
No one knows tommorow even God
Pls if you are going to quote me pls be sensible

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by zionmade(m): 8:51am On Apr 11, 2017
Minemrys:

Ehen? But what about freewill then? Don't you think if man has freewill as claimed by the religious books he should be the one in c0ntrol of his destiny and n0t s0me super being? And if there's no freewill d0n't you think God is partial for destining people to be rich, g0od, evil and p0or just to test his powers and supremacy?
Sorry bro i dnt have to explain anything to a big bang product cum chimpanzee evoluted humans
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by trappatoni(m): 8:51am On Apr 11, 2017
God (Yahuwah Elohim) is not partial, He loves you more than you love Him and loves you more than you love yourself. He knew you'll not be able to keep His laws that's why He introduced grace. Righteousness is either by grace or law and righteousness leads to salvation.

By law you'll have to keep the commandments which are written on tombstones, this is external and seeks to put your mortal self under check. However if you break one of the commandments you break all and you'll not be saved. The laws are not bad by themselves but by nature the flesh is rebellious, they actually show us why we needed to be saved.

Grace and law are mutually exclusive. It's either you're under grace or operating under law. Grace on the other hand achieves righteousness through faith. It is a gift which you receive by acknowledging the fact that you've falling short of the standard of Elohim. This is where seek and you'll shall be given comes in. Seek the kingdom and every other thing will be added on to you says Yeshuah(Jesus ). Let the spirit guide you on your journey. The spirit is your teaher, remembrancer, guide, revelator and administrator.

So to your question if God is partial, it depends on which path you're on, do you rely on yourself seeking earnestly to keep the law or you're following Yeshuah's way through the spirit.

Because if you're operating under law and you see someone operating under grace it will look as if He's partial but He's not, it's your choice at the end of the day. REMEMBER HE GAVE YOU FREEWILL. CHOOSE WISELY.

N.B: What i have written is backed up by scripture. He is at your door waiting for you to open it.
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by hopefulLandlord: 8:51am On Apr 11, 2017
Pidgin2:

tell me what Job's first family and workers did wrong
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 11, 2017
2dugged:
PM you, sorry, I would rather keep my sanity. partiality is a negative word but calling him the consuming fire isn't? , I bet there is nothing positive about consuming or fire not to talk of bringing the two words together, but since the context in which it is used favour you, it's allowed?, I don't know about other parts of the world but here, science has proven to be more reliable than any religion, that's a fact

Really? a neighbor's aging aunt was told by her doctors that she should go home and die because there was nothing they could do about her illness. The drugs that doctors prescribed for has has got the following side effects: Cancer, liver failure, hepatitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, diarrhea, arthritis, and it can only barely prolong her life (it also costs a fortune)

Science indeed
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by kaboninc(m): 8:54am On Apr 11, 2017
SmartMugu:

Which one is Mazda again? Is that a god too? I thought it was a car brand. Are Toyota, Mercedes, BMW, Innoson gods too?

Enough of all these. Are their multiple gods or its just One that everyone believes created them? If it's only one God, then which one is the right one? Yahweh? Allah? your Mazda? the over two dozen other gods Indians and Chinese alone believe in? This stuff gets confusing, especially knowing people look at each other differently just on religious basis.

Thank you o!

If we trace the origin of SIN, RELIGION is just responsible!

2 Likes

Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by zionmade(m): 8:55am On Apr 11, 2017
Zenlife:

"Judas was not destined to betray Jesus but someone needed to do the betrayal and Judas who had been stealing from d treasury made himself available for devil to use him."

Then this God can't be all knowing.
He's not omniscient.

God is all knowing because if u have two options in life A and B he knows where exactly A will lead u to and where exactly B will lead u. But he allows u make those choices.
The first Jesus prophesied about Judas betrayal it was already written dat he knew Judas had been stealing from him
So he knew d choice Judas made and where it would lead him to
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 11, 2017
Pidgin2:

Really? a neighbor's aging aunt was told by her doctors that she should go home and die because they're was nothing they could do, the drugs that doctors prescribed for has has got the following side effects :Cancer, lover failure, hepatitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, diarrhea, arthritis, and it can only barely prolong her life (it also cost a fortune)

Science indeed
we all based our perception from experience, I am talking from my experience and you just said yours, I am sure every other person on this thread can draw their own perception based on how science and religion has been reliable in situations

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by zionmade(m): 8:59am On Apr 11, 2017
ojuu4u:

please stop deceiving urself remember u are not charting with clowns and this is public forum, don't defend wat is not defendable, am always marvel whenever it comes to issues of religions people do proof that White is green, so many people will go to hell fire ignorantly
Yeah because if God calls a green clothe white dat is d final for me. If u want to know how God expects us to reason den go to d story of Caleb, Joshua and the other 10spies and tell me who d liars according to ur Limited brain were. Also tell me d sense in it to call a childless old man Father of many nations.
I lost my brain and personality in Christ dats why i enjoy Christianity. U dat still have ur own intact, kudos keep using ur logic
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Mujtahida: 9:00am On Apr 11, 2017
Barbz4u101:
But God created man in his own image, why did he condemned the Egyptians,and favoured the Israelites?? so are Egyptians not created in God's image
Once you begin to read the Bible from this standpoint you will understand that it's the Jews who created that God. He doesn't exist!

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Minemrys: 9:00am On Apr 11, 2017
zionmade:

Sorry bro i dnt have to explain anything to a big bang product cum chimpanzee evoluted humans
Thats always their excuse. They lo0k for ways or excuses to pull out when they reach a dead end.
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 11, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

tell me what Job's first family and workers did wrong

The devil accused God of favoring Him. God knew that even if he took away His blessings from job, he would remain faithful.

"Your enemy, the devil is moving about like a roaring Lion, looking for whom to devour "

Devil played the same role that atheists and unbelievers are playing on this thread trying to accuse God of partiality yet the bible showed the devotion Job had to the Lord as God blessed His life in return but the devil" the accuser of the brethren" did not like this

Thank God for Jesus our advocate, who pleads on our behalf to the Father almighty so that whenever devil and his disciples (atheist) accuse God of being partial to certain people, Jesus speaks on behalf of those people to God so you might not get another Job anytime soon.

Jesus is Lord!!!!!!
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by zionmade(m): 9:07am On Apr 11, 2017
oruma19:
Bros there's no record that Judas stole from the Treasury. Why una de add to the scripture? Pls show me d place in d bible.. Saul committed lesser sims than David. Paul the apostle was a brutal killer. Achan only stole gold once and he was destroyed with his entire household, what did his household do. In Judges 19 thru 20. There are very controversial stories of pples families being destroyed because someone sinned or disobeyed. Why shuld innocent pple be destroyed for a sin another man committed? It's all over the scriptures. Y shuld I suffer because my ancestors served idols? Na me serve idol?. Lts be bold to ask pertinent questions .we have right to ask cos we are creatures of God, made in His image and likeness
Wat u called boldness i call it temerity. D day u choose to be called a Christian dat is d day u choose not to ask some questions.
And pls in other not to sound foolish do a little research before u start displaying ur ignorance go to John 12:6

I have read d entire exodus, leviticus, numbers and deut. Wat u mentioned there is just a tip of those kind of things.
And i do scream sometimes wen i read so stories but as i said if God wanted me to know exactly why he did wat he did he could have written it in his word or revealed to me. Until den I WILL NEVER QUESTION HIS DECISIONS
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Nobleking2000(m): 9:07am On Apr 11, 2017
jnrbayano:
You are an artist, makes two paintings to put in your gallery.

They were beautiful.

But you suddenly decided to destroy painting 1 and leave painting 2.

Refiner,

Have you shown cruelty to painting 1 that will warrant it to demand explanations for your decision?

He is being partial but the only difference is his acceptance of being partial but the Christian God is not accepting the fact of his partiality.

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by zionmade(m): 9:08am On Apr 11, 2017
Minemrys:

Thats always their excuse. They lo0k for ways or excuses to pull out when they reach a dead end.
Ok big bangie. I still have nothing to explain to d devil
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by hotspec(m): 9:11am On Apr 11, 2017
zionmade:
Brother it is called Grace and divine destiny.
There are many ways to activate dat grace.
Peter and Judas: Judas was not destined to betray Jesus but someone needed to do the betrayal and Judas who had been [b]stealing from d treasury[b/b] made himself available for devil to use him.
Peter had activated grace by following Jesus with all his heart and commitment.
SAUL AND DAVID
Saul was a proud man, he was also disobedient unlike David who was in continual obedience and giving of praises to God.
God is not a democrat and he does not blow whistle on a level ground, he operates on grace and ur grace might not be on d same level as mine.
I responded to u hoping u re a Christian pls ignore my response if u re a big bang product
Was there any biblical record dt Judas stole from d treasury? Check again
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Nobleking2000(m): 9:13am On Apr 11, 2017
D1official:
BEST ANSWER. My God can't and can never be partial. "He showeth mercies to who he will".Who is d mercy for?. in as much as the mercy is for someone,the mercy is for no one and for everyone,depending on your heart,nd actions(2 Chronicles 16:9).The hearth and choices of these men dis qualified nd approved them, just as the hearth and choices of so many is currently deceiving them.

Why will he show mercy to whom he chooses to show it (ie selected few) are all creatures no longer what he created in his own image. If he selects the people he shows mercy that is pure partiality.

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by TheVictorious(m): 9:16am On Apr 11, 2017
zionmade:
Brother it is called Grace and divine destiny.
There are many ways to activate dat grace.
Peter and Judas: Judas was not destined to betray Jesus but someone needed to do the betrayal and Judas who had been stealing from d treasury made himself available for devil to use him.
Peter had activated grace by following Jesus with all his heart and commitment.
SAUL AND DAVID
Saul was a proud man, he was also disobedient unlike David who was in continual obedience and giving of praises to God.
God is not a democrat and he does not blow whistle on a level ground, he operates on grace and ur grace might not be on d same level as mine.
I responded to u hoping u re a Christian pls ignore my response if u re a big bang product

You are missing the most important thing which is to believe and you are celebrating works.

Grace isn't merited bro. That's why its grace. But Jesus has died and salvation has been perfected for[b] all[/b] who believe; and this is the very nature of God (all through - "He didn't change"!) that was revealed in Christ. So God is not partial.
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Lainjnr(m): 9:19am On Apr 11, 2017
Mecoy:

The love he loves us is a function of how we love him. He wont love people who dont love him

Who told you dat
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by Jtfranklin: 9:20am On Apr 11, 2017
tell me about the choices Job's first family and workers made in order to deserve suffering and deaths

keyword: "Job's first family and workers.

Can I take this to mean that you are also asking what choice or sin did Christ make for him to suffer and die? Do u know the moral of Jobs story, do u also know God blessed job double for all the things he lost. The moral of Jobs story was about integrity and loyalty, God allowed those things to happen to Job so as to prove to Satan who challenged him that nobody will serve God when the goings are bad. Job was faithful and loyal eben when he lost everything proving the devil to be a liar.like the bible said God blessed Job double than want he had initially and his brothers and sisters and friends all came back. And he came to have additional 10 children. So how are you sure that those children and workers were not brogt back to life as did Jesus who was ressurected after he died a sinless man.
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by oruma19: 9:22am On Apr 11, 2017
zionmade:

Wat u called boldness i call it temerity. D day u choose to be called a Christian dat is d day u choose not to ask some questions.
And pls in other not to sound foolish do a little research before u start displaying ur ignorance go to John 12:6

I have read d entire exodus, leviticus, numbers and deut. Wat u mentioned there is just a tip of those kind of things.
And i do scream sometimes wen i read so stories but as i said if God wanted me to know exactly why he did wat he did he could have written it in his word or revealed to me. Until den I WILL NEVER QUESTION HIS DECISIONS
majority of religious people did not choose their religion, Lene correct that impression first. Secondly, u said u scream when u read some tinz in the Pentateuch, shouldn't that be the reason u should ask questions? God gave us head so we can can use it..leave all this plenty tok of u can't question God. Even God said," come let us reason togeda" what do u tink God is saying? Abraham questioned God, Job did, many other people including David. Y won't we ask God question when we don't understand?
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by hopefulLandlord: 9:24am On Apr 11, 2017
Pidgin2:

The devil accused God of favoring Him. God knew that even if he took away His blessings from job, he would remain faithful.

"Your enemy, the devil is moving about like a roaring Lion, looking for whom to devour "

Devil played the same role that atheists and unbelievers are playing on this thread trying to accuse God of partiality yet the bible showed the devotion Job had to the Lord as God blessed His life in return but the devil" the accuser of the brethren" did not like this

Thank God for Jesus our advocate, who pleads on our behalf to the Father almighty so that whenever devil and his disciples (atheist) accuse God of being partial to certain people, Jesus speaks on behalf of those people to God so you might not get another Job anytime soon.

Jesus is Lord!!!!!!

abeg, I only asked about Job's first family and workers, not Job himself
Re: Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? by kullozone(m): 9:29am On Apr 11, 2017
Just take a look at their answers, non of them could even come up with any reasonable explanation... While some will resort to the "who are you to question god" tactics.
Pathetic!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Apostle Chinyere Forgives Happie Boys, Restores Their Scholarship Programs / Pastor E.A Adeboye Celebrates 77th Birthday With Powerful Word Of Prayers / Pastor Leke Adeboye Surprises His Wife, Titi With Valentine's Gift (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.