Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,446 members, 7,823,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products (8349 Views)

We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe / If Earth Is Hot Like This, How Will Hell Be? / Does The Bible Give Clues To How Old The Earth Is? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by CatfishBilly: 11:03am On Apr 11, 2017
felixomor:

Go and read about the snails that were found to be 27,000 years old using carbon dating.
It was a very Popular story.
Because it seems you are not aware of such.
You are just busy appealing to authority up and down.

Not only is Carbon dating flawed.
It can be nonsense.
Also read about the story of "the london hammer"
Educate yourself man.
Shey you see?
Stop reading your news from Christian apologist websites.
Here you go, you can thank me later
http://paleo.cc/paluxy/hammer.htm
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by cooncudee(m): 11:03am On Apr 11, 2017
buffalowings:

seriously
I hate lies

check this link
https://bible.org/seriespage/4-elisha-and-two-bears-2-kings-223-25?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C2146432488

it is inconceivable that in that link, the writer is trying to justify the maulings

just to show you how sick this writer is, he was trying to refute the claim they were kids but young men

then I begin to wonder, does it matter if they weren't kids

a life is a life.. a child's life is not worth more than an adult or a youth

there are some portions in the Bible that doesn't sit well with me

2 Kings 2:23–2423 He went up from there to Bethel, and while he was going up on the way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him, saying, “Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!”24 And he turned around, and when he saw them,che cursed them in the name of theLord. And two she-bears came out of the woods and tore forty-two of the boys.

and your point is?

did I justify the killings?

I made a correction- he didn't tear them apart, he cursed them. There's distinction between the two. and
My question is 'does the fact that the man is cruel make him less intelligent than the op.
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by felixomor: 11:04am On Apr 11, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Shey you see?

I pity you.
"London hammer" is even on wikipedia.
Go and learn.
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by DoctorAlien(m): 11:06am On Apr 11, 2017
felixomor:

Fallacy of appeal to authority....

1 Like

Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by CatfishBilly: 11:09am On Apr 11, 2017
felixomor:

I pity you.
"London hammer" is even on wikipedia.
Go and learn.
Shey you see where they write for there say na Christian creationist that bought the hammer?
He has refused to release it for independent verification by different groups of scientists. The age being quoted is the age of the rock it was found in because he refused to release it for verifications.
Don't be biased bro.

1 Like

Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by cooncudee(m): 11:11am On Apr 11, 2017
Junia:

You tell your son to buy you sonething.

He didn't go.

You punished Him

Whats wrong with that ?

Lol, was that the bone of contention?
Let me remind you

Did god forcefully interfered with peoples lifes in the bible? regardly if they are its 'offsprings/creations' or not?
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by felixomor: 11:12am On Apr 11, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Shey you see where they write for there say na Christian creationist that bought the hammer?
He has refused to release it for independent verification by different groups of scientists. The age being quoted is the age of the rock it was found in because he refused to release it for verifications.
Don't be biased bro.

Guy, your descent is complete.
Your argument is very dead.
I thought ur argument was on "Christian website only"

Please show some integrity for yourself.

What about the 27,000 year old snails nko?
I pirry u grin
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 11, 2017
cooncudee:

Lol, was that the bone of contention?
Let me remind you

Did god forcefully interfered with peoples lifes in the bible? regardly if they are its 'offsprings/creations' or not?
No .. He just called His children to do things for Him.
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 11, 2017
Two NL peeps I don't ve much conversation with are
1) Jù.nia
2) Felix
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by CatfishBilly: 11:20am On Apr 11, 2017
felixomor:

Guy, your descent is complete.
Your argument is very dead.
I thought ur argument was on "Christian website only"

Please show some integrity for yourself.

What about the 27,000 year old snails nko?
I pirry u grin
Okay then, we have settled the hammer issue grin grin
I'll get back to you on the snails.
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by felixomor: 11:21am On Apr 11, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Okay then, we have settled the hammer issue grin grin
I'll get back to you on the snails.

Sorry.
The London Hammer is in a Museum as we speak.
It has been analysed by many scientists.
You lied BiGLY grin
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by CatfishBilly: 11:26am On Apr 11, 2017
felixomor:

Sorry.
The London Hammer is in a Museum as we speak.
It has been analysed by many scientists.
You lied BiGLY grin
It's in a museum so that creationists like your self can masturbateeeee yourselves into a coma while viewing it and at the same time shielding it from the scientific community who will render his claims invalid.
As for your snails.
http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CD/CD011_3.html
http://evolutionwiki.org/wiki/Living_snails_were_C14_dated_at_2,300_and_27,000_years_old
Read up bro, that's what doctors do.

2 Likes

Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by felixomor: 11:32am On Apr 11, 2017
CatfishBilly:

It's in a museum so that creationists like your self can masturbateeeee yourselves into a coma while viewing it and at the same time shielding it from the scientific community who will render his claims invalid.
As for your snails.
http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CD/CD011_3.html
http://evolutionwiki.org/wiki/Living_snails_were_C14_dated_at_2,300_and_27,000_years_old
Read up bro, that's what doctors do.
Firstly, many intelligent scientists are creationists.
But your brain thinks that once you are a creationist, it means you are not scientific. Wrong

You have been dragged massively to the extent that your logic is failing you.
I thought u just said the man who bought it failed to release it for verification.

You Lied Again..... grin
Wikipedia even has the names of at least 2 scientists who analyzed it.....

Again I pirry u.
The funniest part is after you are exposed, u start saying "doctor this, doctor that"...
Mschewww.....
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by cooncudee(m): 11:35am On Apr 11, 2017
Junia:

No .. He just called His children to do things for Him.

who is this?

really?

bye bye
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by CatfishBilly: 11:39am On Apr 11, 2017
felixomor:

Firstly, many intelligent scientists are creationists.
But your brain thinks that once you are a creationist, it means you are not scientific. Wrong

You have been dragged massively to the extent that your logic is failing you.
I thought u just said the man who bought it failed to release it for verification.

You Lied Again..... grin
Wikipedia even has the names of at least 2 scientists who analyzed it.....

Again I pirry u.
The funniest part is after you are exposed, u start saying "doctor this, doctor that"...
Mschewww.....
You and who is dragging? I've been posting links here that you've not done anything to refute.
However, for years Baugh refused to allow the hammer to be C14 dated. In an exchange of letters between creationist Walter Brown and Jim Lippard in Creation/Evolution, Brown (1989) suggested that the hammer handle has not been dated because Baugh had three "understandable" conditions for dating it: that it be done with mass spectrometry, that Baugh be present during the dating, and that someone else pay for it. However, Lippard countered that no one has objected to the first two conditions, and that Baugh had no right to expect the third, since he's the one making the claims, and thus the one obligated to back them up. Even so, even after others offered to pay for the dating, Baugh declined to have it done. As Day (1991) wrote in a follow up letter: "Far from being 'understandable,' Baugh's stipulations seem to be little short of evasive tactics... If four years have gone by and nothing has happened, I think it is safe to conclude that Baugh has no interest whatsoever in determining the truth about his marvelous hammer."
That's from the link I posted. A research article.
What are the names of the 2 scientists on the Wikipedia article? Is it this same one?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Hammer

Oya debunk my snail story.
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by analice107: 11:43am On Apr 11, 2017
realmindz:

of course you are right...it is easy to scream fuuuuls fuuuls most especially when you are out of ideas and incapable to think
Thank you Lord for the Grace to ignore fools.
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by felixomor: 11:46am On Apr 11, 2017
CatfishBilly:

You and who is dragging? I've been posting links here that you've not done anything to refute.

That's from the link I posted. A research article.

Oya debunk my snail story.

What is your problem with appealing to authority that you are always doing?

Do you know how many people who studied that Hammer before it was bought by Baugh?
Guy just leave,
You know nothing about carbon dating.
Admit.
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by realmindz: 11:53am On Apr 11, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Shey you see?

You just have to give up on these guys grin

Bringing up some shi.t from some quack conspiracy theorists calling them scientific claims.

Their understanding of science is rly shallow.
Their underestimation is worrisome that I wonder if we are in the same fragment of time, some people are rly living the bronze age
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by CatfishBilly: 11:55am On Apr 11, 2017
felixomor:

What is your problem with appealing to authority that you are always doing?

Do you know how many people who studied that Hammer before it was bought by Baugh?
Guy just leave,
You know nothing about carbon dating.
Admit.
Refute it naa, bros. That's all I ask of you.
Stop with the ad hominem and pointing out fallacies, just refute them. When did a research article become an authority?
How many people studied it? You've shifted goalposts again, you didn't name the 2 scientists from the Wikipedia article, it's now how many scientists that studied it
You still haven't said anything about the snails.
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by felixomor: 12:01pm On Apr 11, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Refute it naa, bros. That's all I ask of you.
Stop with the ad hominem and pointing out fallacies, just refute them.

What is to be refuted?

That u failed to admit that a hammer was found, dated, analyzed by a scientific work, and even the scientists were even mentioned on Wikipedia...
Because the fact doesnt sit with your agenda, u started argument here and there.

At first, u said it was only on Christian website
Then you switched lanes
Now you are telling me to refute your points....

Mscheeeewwww.
The funny part is you never even knew about these things before coming to this thread.
Abeg move jor.
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by sonofthunder: 12:04pm On Apr 11, 2017
who said the earth is 6000years old... Source?
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by realmindz: 12:06pm On Apr 11, 2017
adepeter26:
Two NL peeps I don't ve much conversation with are
1) Jù.nia
2) Felix

true, they lack logical approaches to issues, beat around the bush with zero point.
Their strategy is to rush into threads, divert topics and make noise
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by CatfishBilly: 12:08pm On Apr 11, 2017
felixomor:

What is to be refuted?

That u failed to admit that a hammer was found, dated, analyzed by a scientific work, and even the scientists were even mentioned on Wikipedia...
Because the fact doesnt sit with your agenda, u started argument here and there.

At first, u said it was only on Christian website
Then you switched lanes
Now you are telling me to refute your points....

Mscheeeewwww.
The funny part is you never even knew about these things before coming to this thread.
Abeg move jor.
Which scientists I've asked you again.
This is a quote from a scientist in the article and THE ONLY scientist quote.
J.R. Cole states: "The stone is real, and it looks impressive to someone unfamiliar with geological processes. How could a modern artifact be stuck in Ordovician rock? The answer is that the concretion itself is not Ordovician. Minerals in solution can harden around an intrusive object dropped in a crack or simply left on the ground if the source rock (in this case, reportedly Ordovician) is chemically soluble."
Make I no add poor reading comprehension to your list of problems.

I don't have to know about them. You lied and I debunked them easily.
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by otemanuduno: 12:08pm On Apr 11, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Shey you see?
Tell this to wilgrea7 and he would speak as if website contents are written there by angels and not humans. cheesy
LOL, na yoke I dey o grin
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by realmindz: 12:09pm On Apr 11, 2017
Junia:

I don't know whats wrong with you.
We have adressed this topic.
We didnt say the earth is 6000 years old.

Can science proof the first day of the earth with evidence.

Can science proof the formation of fussel fuel with evidence.

Who was the first first scientist to see how fussel fuel came about.

You think you have done something. You just raise topics you can't even tackle yourself

your spelling of fossil fuels exposes your little knowledge in that field..
Case closed with you

Next time, don't debate what you dont know
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by felixomor: 12:11pm On Apr 11, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Which scientists I've asked you again.
This is a quote from a scientist in the article and THE ONLY scientist quote.

Make I no add poor reading comprehension to your list of problems.

I don't have to know about them. You lied and I debunked them easily.

I guess you didnt see "the stone is real"
grin
Or its pretence on your part as usual.

Its now even obvious that u dont even understand the story.
U dont even know why the hammer is a mystery.
Just leave here mehn.
This is a big goof
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by otemanuduno: 12:14pm On Apr 11, 2017
felixomor:

Go and read about the snails that were found to be 27,000 years old using carbon dating.
It was a very Popular story.
Because it seems you are not aware of such.
You are just busy appealing to authority up and down.

Not only is Carbon dating flawed.
It can be nonsense.
Also read about the story of "the london hammer"
Educate yourself man.
Now I am beginning to believe Atum more if indeed the hammer was dated 140million years ago. Realmindz, Lordcenturion and many others who have been following the DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH could bear me witness how all through the write-ups, the homo erectuses make use of hammers, knives, swords and many other devices which we earlier thought were invented few years ago.

Pls give me the link to this thing. I have to read it up and know me. Thanks Felixmor. You have helped my new reality by this thing you just mentioned here.
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by CatfishBilly: 12:15pm On Apr 11, 2017
felixomor:

I guess you didnt see "the stone is real"
grin
Or its pretence on your part as usual.

Its now even obvious that u dont even understand the story.
U dont even know why the hammer is a mystery.
Just leave here mehn.
This is a big goof
Sure, stone is real, hammer is real, did you read about how the hammer got into the rock in the same quote or you have selective blindness?
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by felixomor: 12:20pm On Apr 11, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Sure, stone is real, hammer is real, did you read about how the hammer got into the rock in the same quote or you have selective blindness?

Keep quiet please. Stop insulting your ignorance
Thats just one of the ways they thought it happened.
But its a scientific impossibility.

Because the age of the carbon dating of the rock automatically makes it impossible.

And even if it is correct, it means carbon dating is flawed because that rock is younger than the estimated age of the hammer.

You see that You have just been fooling yourself.
You thought it was the carbon dating of the hammer that was the secret.
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 11, 2017
CatfishBilly:

This is murder.. You wicked oo
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by CatfishBilly: 12:26pm On Apr 11, 2017
felixomor:

Keep quiet please. Stop insulting your ignorance
Thats just one of the ways they thought it happened.
But its a scientific impossibility.

Because the age of the carbon dating of the rock automatically makes it impossible.

And even if it is correct, it means carbon dating is flawed because that rock is younger than the estimated age of the hammer.

You see that You have just been fooling yourself.
You thought it was the carbon dating of the hammer that was the secret.
Nigga how many times am I going to tell you that what was dated was the rock, Baugh refused to release the hammer to anybody that would verify his claims.
He stored it in his own museum where he wankssss to it 5 times daily.
Do you know that his fellow creationists like Answer in Genesis hate him because of that?
They say he has muddled the water for everybody and made creationism a joke.
Read, man
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by felixomor: 12:30pm On Apr 11, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Nigga how many times am I going to tell you that what was dated was the rock, Baugh refused to release the hammer to anybody that would verify his claims.
He stored it in his own museum where he wankssss to it 5 times daily.
Do you know that his fellow creationists like Answer in Genesis hate him because of that?
They say he has muddled the water for everybody and made creationism a joke.
Read, man

That hammer cannot be older than the age of human civilization....
You still dont get the point.
Guy just leave here...
Abeg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Twelve Days Of Christmas / Christians god Have Sex With Mary To Get His Only Begotten Son / Yahweh And Freewill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.