Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,247 members, 7,957,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:28 PM

You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products (8732 Views)

We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe / If Earth Is Hot Like This, How Will Hell Be? / Does The Bible Give Clues To How Old The Earth Is? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by Ermacc: 1:59pm On Apr 09, 2017
Okay now, to the Op. The numbers of years required for the formation of fossil fuel is still being debated on. You should also know that some scientist have opposing theories on the source of fossil fuel. And the earth is 6000yrs old was never stated as a fact by all christians. You just used it in armouring the intelligence of your question.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by felixomor: 2:17pm On Apr 09, 2017
realmindz:

I'm sure u read, but I doubt your comprehension.

You have been playing hide and seek with this simple topic.

Just simple questions:

what is the estimated age of the earth?

If plants and animals were created on the 4th - 6th day, how come we have fossil fuels of dead plants and animals of about 500 million years ago

Pls address the topic and stop playing games.

Your topic died when u failed to provide a bible verse for ur erroneous claim.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 09, 2017
And the one that has biblical verse is normally been quoted out of context

cheesy cheesy

Christians funny ehh

1 Like

Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 09, 2017
realmindz:
I won't waste time with this topic. But for the Christians/Muslims who still believe that the earth is 6000 years old, here's a simple question;

How come you enjoy petroleum products/ fossil fuels which took about 500 million years to be formed?

Now Christians, you say death came to the world through the sin of Adam and Eve which is about 6000 years ago.

But do you know your petroleum products/ fossil fuels were formed by plants and animals that lived several hundred of millions of years ago....Now how did they die? Through sin?

It's time you religious folks begin to wake up that the bible/ Koran and it's tales are tools of control which has outlived its purpose

cc seun felixmore analice107 junia
Please did the bible say the earth is 6000 years old?

2 Likes

Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by felixomor: 2:40pm On Apr 09, 2017
Junia:

Good question......

2 Likes

Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by chubbyswit(m): 6:43pm On Apr 09, 2017
realmindz:

Anger, frustration and insults...
Their regular trade marks.

I have met several Christians, graduates who believe that the earth is 6000 years old and they defend with that same bible you carry.

Don't play ignorance to that
who told you that the earth is millions of years? Are you immortal? Or you believe some group of people that just invented some equipments like that and used it to make assumptions on how old the universe is?
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by realmindz: 3:56pm On Apr 10, 2017
Junia:

Take a look at the guy above me.

when asked a question, you guys will do nothing but beat around the bush just like felixomor. It's a sign of being clueless, so far, none has addressed the topic.

Will you provide a simple answer to this,
according to the bible, when were plants and animals created? how old is the earth?
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by realmindz: 3:59pm On Apr 10, 2017
chubbyswit:
who told you that the earth is millions of years? Are you immortal? Or you believe some group of people that just invented some equipments like that and used it to make assumptions on how old the universe is?

so you believe the earth is less than 10,000 years and scientists are wrong?

we are getting there..
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by chubbyswit(m): 4:15pm On Apr 10, 2017
realmindz:

so you believe the earth is less than 10,000 years and scientists are wrong?

we are getting there..

so you believe the earth is billions of years old based on assumptions? Interesting...
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by Niflheim(m): 4:27pm On Apr 10, 2017
@chubbyswit,

You "believe" that the age of the earth is based on assumptions?!!

There are dating methods to prove the age of the Earth!!!......................................................http://scienceblogs.com/gregladen/2012/11/19/how-old-is-the-earth/
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by chubbyswit(m): 4:34pm On Apr 10, 2017
Niflheim:
@chubbyswit,

You "believe" that the age of the earth is based on assumptions?!!

There are dating methods to prove the age of the Earth!!!......................................................http://scienceblogs.com/gregladen/2012/11/19/how-old-is-the-earth/
and you believe that those methods are accurate? Why are atheists too gullible? Nawao
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by felixomor: 4:50pm On Apr 10, 2017
realmindz:

when asked a question, you guys will do nothing but beat around the bush just like felixomor. It's a sign of being clueless , so far, none has addressed the topic.

according to the bible, when were plants and animals created? how old is the earth?

LoooooooLz,
Seriously I doubt if u ever attended secondary school.

U even have the boldness to call people clueless after FAILING to provide evidence for your claim of 6,000 years......

may God help you.
Honestly. cheesy

1 Like

Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by Nobody: 5:03pm On Apr 10, 2017
realmindz:

when asked a question, you guys will do nothing but beat around the bush just like felixomor. It's a sign of being clueless, so far, none has addressed the topic.

Third and Sixth day respectively.

The Bible doesn't state the years of the earth.

1 Like

Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by CatfishBilly: 6:22pm On Apr 10, 2017
chubbyswit:
and you believe that those methods are accurate? Why are atheists too gullible? Nawao
Well, the science community has accepted carbon dating.
There is always a margin of error, but by and large, it's reliable.
What dating methods do you propose then?

6 Likes

Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by otemanuduno: 6:45pm On Apr 10, 2017
chubbyswit:
The same techniques used for snapping your bones, used for discovering leaked pipes beneath the earth, for studying rocks, for determining the depth of the oceans, for treating cancerous growth and turmors, for surgical operation are used for determining the ages of things, but now you think it can not be accurate because it is against the assertions of the illiterate cavemen who wrote your holey book

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by analice107: 7:45pm On Apr 10, 2017
Junia:
Thank you father for giving me the grace to ignore fools
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 10, 2017
chubbyswit:
http://scienceline.ucsb.edu/getkey.php?key=2901

This is science and not Christianity.

1 Like

Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by cooncudee(m): 8:05pm On Apr 10, 2017
realmindz:

Chapter closed. I need a Christian that knows or someone hungry for knowledge.

Hehehe, 21st century man saying he does not know, unforgivable...or using a phrase like God's 4th - 6th day. How laughable grin

and what is wrong in saying he doesn't know, you obviously want him to admit what he doesn't agree with, and he has replied you well, why not let him be and let anyone that believes the earth is 6000 years old come and argue with you. And stop saying you're more intelligent than men in the bible age. You dont even wanna go there.
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by CatfishBilly: 8:34pm On Apr 10, 2017
According to the genealogy of Jesus in Matthew Chapter 1, there were 40 people in his lineage from Abraham to Joseph, so assuming 100 years for a generation (which is very generous), that'll be 4000 years.
Jesus was said to have lived 2000 years ago, that's 6000 years.
The period between Adam and Abraham is unaccounted for.
So, make your own decisions.

1 Like

Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by realmindz: 8:34pm On Apr 10, 2017
chubbyswit:
so you believe the earth is billions of years old based on assumptions? Interesting...
your ignorance is entertaining and you will make readers have a good laugh. junia/ felixomor.
what do u have to say...?

well let me tell you, scientific approaches are beyond assumptions as assumption is just one of the phases in deriving a conclusion/ theory. Through careful approaches, experiments and empirical evidences, they are able to get close to answers....

Science did not say the exact age of the earth but all evidences have convincingly pointed to the fact the the earth cannot be less than 4 billion years old.

If you still doubt these scientific approaches, let me ask you

1. you think man got to space through assumptions?
2. you think mere assumptions made flying engines
3. mere assumptions lunched satellites
4. You are typing this crap with your phones and internet through mere assumptions?
5. you enjoy medical breakthroughs through mere assumptions

Your underestimation of human advancement and science is pitiable, pathetic and unforgivable.
You need to be sent back to 200 B.C

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 10, 2017
realmindz:

your ignorance is entertaining and you will make readers have a good laugh. junia/ felixomor.
what do u have to say...?

well let me tell you, scientific approaches are beyond assumptions as assumption is just one of the phases in deriving a conclusion/ theory. Through careful approaches, experiments and empirical evidences, they are able to get close to answers....

Science did not say the exact age of the earth but all evidences have convincingly pointed to the fact the the earth cannot be less than 4 billion years old.

If you still doubt these scientific approaches, let me ask you

1. you think man got to space through assumptions?
2. you think mere assumptions made flying engines
3. mere assumptions lunched satellites
4. You are typing this crap with your phones and internet through mere assumptions?
5. you enjoy medical breakthroughs through mere assumptions

Your underestimation of human advancement and science is pitiable, pathetic and unforgivable.
You need to be sent back to 200 B.C
Àbí pity am. Pit the bro
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by realmindz: 8:41pm On Apr 10, 2017
Junia:

Third and Sixth day respectively.

The Bible doesn't state the years of the earth.

4th and 6th day??

Genealogy of Adam and Eve till Jesus, let's say it's 6000 years which is obviously an over-estimation.

Then Jesus till date 2000 years.

Then let's even go further and over estimate and say from creation of plants and animals till date is then 12000 years.

But how come do we have fossil fuels of dead plants and animals over 500 million years old?
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by realmindz: 8:44pm On Apr 10, 2017
analice107:

Thank you father for giving me the grace to ignore fools

of course you are right...it is easy to scream fuuuuls fuuuls most especially when you are out of ideas and incapable to think
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 10, 2017
realmindz:

4th and 6th day??

Genealogy of Adam and Eve till Jesus, let's say it's 6000 years which is obviously an over-estimation.

Then Jesus till date 2000 years.

Then let's even go further and over estimate and say from creation of plants and animals till date is then 12000 years.

But how come do we have fossil fuels of dead plants and animals over 500 million years old?
Im sorry, thats your calculation. Thats not what the Bible said.
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by realmindz: 8:57pm On Apr 10, 2017
Junia:
can you for once tell us what the bible said
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by realmindz: 9:03pm On Apr 10, 2017
cooncudee:

and what is wrong in saying he doesn't know, you obviously want him to admit what he doesn't agree with, and he has replied you well, why not let him be and let anyone that believes the earth is 6000 years old come and argue with you. And stop saying you're more intelligent than men in the bible age. You dont even wanna go there.

I am more intelligent than Elisha, I won't tear little kids apart for mocking me...elisha obviously was a cave man.

I am more intelligent than Moses, I wont kill 3000 men for a religion

I am more intelligent than Jacob, i wont sleep with my wife's sister

I am more intelligent than lot, I wont complete it...

I more intelligent than Yahweh, I wont kill Egyptian babies for vengeance

1 Like

Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 10, 2017
realmindz:

can you for once tell us what the bible said
The Bible didn't say anything concerning that
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 10, 2017
Junia:

And what did the Bible say grin cheesy
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 10, 2017
adepeter26:

And what did the Bible say grin cheesy
How many times do you want me to say the Bible didn't stae it ? .. Please read before you ask questions
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by realmindz: 9:45pm On Apr 10, 2017
Junia:
The Bible didn't say anything concerning that
It's obvious you are clueless or pretending to be. Hypocrisy, the beauty of religion

1 Like

Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by DoctorAlien(m): 9:45pm On Apr 10, 2017
OP should do his research well. Scientists are divided on whether petroleum is biogenic in origin or not.
Re: You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products by Nobody: 9:56pm On Apr 10, 2017
realmindz:

It's obvious you are clueless or pretending to be.
Hypocrisy, the beauty of religion
Maybe you don't even understand what you are saying ?

1. What made you say what you just said ?

2. Have you seen any scripture that talks about the age of the earth ?

Im i not being truthful.
Atheist are always against the truth i don't know why.

You have a clue how old the earth is right ?

Proof it to me with authentic evidence

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Prophet Samson Ayorinde Endorses Rev. Dr. Sign Fireman As A True Man Of God! / Chakra Opening / Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ."

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.