Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,479 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Why Don't Igbo Men Marry Yoruba Women? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Don't Igbo Men Marry Yoruba Women? (1438 Views)

Why Do Bonny Men Rarely Marry Yoruba Girls? / Do Igbo Men Marry Yoruba Women / Have You Noticed That Other Tribes Don't Marry Yoruba Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't Igbo Men Marry Yoruba Women? by coolzeal(m): 3:40pm On Apr 12, 2017
Recently I met a Yoruba girl with a bunch of other girls that were either her friends or siblings in an event. I was just kind of zoning out a bit until I saw her. She was simply the most beautiful girl I have ever seen in my life. Her smile is like the morning star and could possibly make a hard man go soft. I know this is very cliche, and I'm usually not one for any kind of lovey type stuff. But, as she sat only a couple of rows in front of me, I couldn't help but stare at her the whole time, trying to see her face just one more.

To cut the story short, eventually I got her attention and we started conversing for a long period of time until she found out that I'm Igbo.
Trouble is, she has dated an Igbo guy before though, it crashed badly but, she exhibit the notion that, Igbo guys don't marry Yoruba women and repeatedly his mother kept interfering in their affair until she has gotten enough. Quite a tragedy.

Why don't Igbo men marry Yoruba women?
Re: Why Don't Igbo Men Marry Yoruba Women? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 12, 2017
them still dey look tribe marry again for 2017

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Igbo Men Marry Yoruba Women? by Amarabae(f): 3:52pm On Apr 12, 2017
Maybe its because Igbo Guys love and are comfortable with Igbo girls just like fulani men love their girls.
A wedding I attended last week saturday was between An Anambra guy and Ondo girl, so I have seen such unions before.
what I have not attended before is an Igbo guy with a fulani girl. Hahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Igbo Men Marry Yoruba Women? by GloriaNinja(f): 3:57pm On Apr 12, 2017
BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT THEIR TONGUE TO BE BURNT BY YORUBA PEPPERY STEW.
Re: Why Don't Igbo Men Marry Yoruba Women? by AlexCk: 4:00pm On Apr 12, 2017
Oga,

Igbo boys dey marry Yoruba girls wella, and vice-versa,
Na northerners dey rarely marry west/south/east, and vice versa wink grin
Re: Why Don't Igbo Men Marry Yoruba Women? by franzis(m): 4:03pm On Apr 12, 2017
But am about to do that , even if i no marry this one , na still d same tribe i go marry from

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Igbo Men Marry Yoruba Women? by coolzeal(m): 4:51pm On Apr 12, 2017
Amarabae:
Maybe its because Igbo Guys love and are comfortable with Igbo girls just like fulani men love their girls.
A wedding I attended last week saturday was between An Anambra guy and Ondo girl, so I have seen such unions before.
what I have not attended before is an Igbo guy with a fulani girl. Hahahahahaha
Apparently, most Yoruba guys are getting married to Igbo women. eg. The first lady of Ondo state is an Igbo woman.

There's a guy I know called Dan Fulani. His dad is Igbo and his mom is a Fulani woman although, such union are rare.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Igbo Men Marry Yoruba Women? by coolzeal(m): 4:52pm On Apr 12, 2017
franzis:
But am about to do that , even if i no marry this one , na still d same tribe i go marry from
You're practically attached to Yoruba women. What tribe are you?
Re: Why Don't Igbo Men Marry Yoruba Women? by franzis(m): 4:56pm On Apr 12, 2017
coolzeal:
You're practically attached to Yoruba women. What tribe are you?
ibo
Re: Why Don't Igbo Men Marry Yoruba Women? by coolzeal(m): 4:58pm On Apr 12, 2017
franzis:
ibo
Igbo and not Ibo.. What attract you to Yoruba women?

(1) (Reply)

What Is That Song That You Always Wanna Listen To After A Heartbreak? / My Ex Slayed Queen Keeps Callin Me Cos Of My Small Dick!! / 20 Things You Shouldn’t Do Before Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.