Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,004 members, 7,814,424 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Pictures Of Black Scorpion Eating A Cockroach In My Compound - Pets (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Pictures Of Black Scorpion Eating A Cockroach In My Compound (43038 Views)

I Found This Dog Outside My Compound And Took It In. What Dog Is This? / Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) / Lady Beats Her Dog And Brush His Teeth After Eating A Rat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Black Scorpion Eating A Cockroach In My Compound by IMASTEX: 10:39am On Apr 14, 2017
kabayomi:
People will always complain,
Kill them go talk
You no kill dem go talk
Anything you do dem go talk

Trouble sleep yanga wan wake am undecided
Abi ohhh
Re: Pictures Of Black Scorpion Eating A Cockroach In My Compound by Elmander: 10:53am On Apr 14, 2017
Nairaland and natgeowild brings u live pictures as captured by a nairalander. Lol, hunger dey everywhere sha. Dude, hope say u no kill the scorpion? Lalasticlala see meat
Re: Pictures Of Black Scorpion Eating A Cockroach In My Compound by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:00am On Apr 14, 2017
IMASTEX:
I came across this dark giant scorpion feeding on a cockroach by the side of my fence. As a farmer and one that appreciate nature. I snapped and let them be.

We don't have to kill every animal that we come across. Else we wake up one day to find out they are all in extinction.

Seun and lalasticlala do you agree that there is need to moderate indiscriminate killing of animals. Especially, when it won't serve as a meal.

I salute you brother. please give us more posts such as these.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Black Scorpion Eating A Cockroach In My Compound by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:09am On Apr 14, 2017
Seun:
In that picture, the scorpion is attacking a cockroach, not a person. Scorpions keep insects and small mammals like mice under control.

Thank you for taking my message Sir.

Although I wish these sentiments where displayed much before for some of the larger and rare animals slaughtered and posted on fp...but this is a great start . kudos smiley

I think many Nigerians are finding it hard to rract to this new stream of thinking. but they will catch on soon.
Re: Pictures Of Black Scorpion Eating A Cockroach In My Compound by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:10am On Apr 14, 2017
atoleybaba:
So u didn't know there are some animals that should be killed and not allowed in our compound and premises abi? Wehdone sir. Wait till d scorpion hurt one of ur household before u take action. So when u see a lion in ur neighbourhood feeding on a goat u did just walk away and let nature take is course abi? Again wehdone sir

#walksoutofthread
oga seun u dy kill mosquitoes? if yes then u are also guilty of condemning God creature.....yeye dy smell

In civilized countries ud call the forest department on the Lion issue.
Re: Pictures Of Black Scorpion Eating A Cockroach In My Compound by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:11am On Apr 14, 2017
DipoAy:
Honestly. I don't get this. God already kept Enmity between Man and certain animals. Which am very sure a scorpion is part of. Not to now mention one that big.So Op help me understand this, do you think when next that scorpion crawls into your room unknown to you, it would remember that you saw it once and didn't kill it and not sting the life out of you?? That's Enmity . It's kill or be killed . I don't really think you have kids around you or if you do then they aren't yours . Or maybe you are just super ignorant

which god? that dead jewish hippie called jesus?

dont talk like a caveman. do you think killing scorpions will solve the problem? why do scorpions exist then? every creature has a purpose on Earth.
Re: Pictures Of Black Scorpion Eating A Cockroach In My Compound by peterbello(m): 11:23am On Apr 14, 2017
Oh lovely. I wish I could lay my hand on this. I used to have a brown scorpion as a pet back then in my final year in school. I kept it in an empty mayonnaise jar and I fed it with live cockroaches. I had to let it go after my final project defence. I got emotional when I released it into the wild because I had gotten attached to it.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Black Scorpion Eating A Cockroach In My Compound by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:28am On Apr 14, 2017
smartxyz:
Continue to spare dangerous animals.....

When e go happen, we dey here

The African Emperor Scorpion is not poisonous and is often sold on the international market as a pet.
Re: Pictures Of Black Scorpion Eating A Cockroach In My Compound by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:29am On Apr 14, 2017
Emzyme:

So it can relocate and sting another person who mistakenly walks by it ba
Or comes across it

Vivipop:
Goodness me!!! Some comments here though...It's a beautiful creature until it stings the life out of you.

AbdelKabir:

To harm the people there? Do you think at all?

onadana:

Don't mind him na free MB dey worry am.If na better peppersoup land for him doormot..everything for don enter voice mail.
Some people are so funny..if he knows how dangerous the venom a black scorpion carries he will flee for his life.

eluquenson:
Scorpion is a dangerous animal you shouldn't allow in your environment if you have little children.

I had been stinged before, although most of scorpions sting not harmful

KAYD007:

Una dey always dey shout kill kill kill as if na una una be the only living thing on earth....regardless of whether a scorpion sting is dangerous or not...that scorpion on the ground can be captured with a bowl,shovel etc and thrown into a dense bush.

Personally I have seen a snake that was slithering into a service lane....but I had to guide it back into the bush....but una go scamper for stone...stick shouting snake snake ..scorpion scorpion...kill kill it kill it....

Grow some balls and save a lion today tongue

arleck:

bia you'd be next to be eaten by that same scorpion.. you tink scorpion is ur friend ewu?

donnyflex01:
Na wetin go kill u be dat... That scorpion is fatal to humans nd it can crawl anywhere. Even oyinbo ppl would carry it to the bush or smth....na suicide ve dat o

Luiz1:
Can't b'lieve YOU said that. I take it that u r pulling that guy'r legs. When dat black guy stings the hell out of his balls, he will tell u his testimony.

The African Emperor Scorpion is not poisonous and is often sold on the international market as a pet.
Re: Pictures Of Black Scorpion Eating A Cockroach In My Compound by Vivipop(f): 11:30am On Apr 14, 2017
Goodness me!!! Some comments here though...It's a beautiful creature until it stings the life out of you.
Re: Pictures Of Black Scorpion Eating A Cockroach In My Compound by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:33am On Apr 14, 2017
GMan650:

Bros, I'm sure you eat at least one of the following:

- Fish
- Cow or goat meat
- Chicken or Turkey
The aforementioned animals need to be killed before they can be ate. Are they not animals? Why haven't they be extinct despite how much humans kill them for consumption?

Lions and other wild carnivores kill the weak herbivores daily, yet they aren't extinct. Why?
Nature............. these animals reproduce greatly in such a small space of time so for every one that is killed, there are several others alive somewhere so they can't be extinct.

Biologically, the earth is gaddamn food chain and humans seem to be at the very top(not forgetting that God has given man full dominion over all animals).

you are seriously ignorant. The West African Lion (Nigerian Lion) is almost extinct. 2 species of rhinoceros are extinct. silverback gorillas are almost extinct. what are you on about?

you are comparing a Domesticated animal grown artificially on purpose by humans to free roaming wildlife?

illiterate
Re: Pictures Of Black Scorpion Eating A Cockroach In My Compound by IMASTEX: 11:40am On Apr 14, 2017
Seun:

If you feel that an animal is too dangerous to be left on your farm or in your compound, you can capture it and relocate it to a distant place.
Thanks.
That was the point. It mustn't be killed, simply relocate them if not comfortable with it around.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Black Scorpion Eating A Cockroach In My Compound by durasome(m): 12:41pm On Apr 14, 2017
you mean you have to let that be? by the time it multiply you will discover that your zone will no longer be safe for you again.
Re: Pictures Of Black Scorpion Eating A Cockroach In My Compound by sweetgala(m): 1:11pm On Apr 14, 2017
DipoAy:
Honestly. I don't get this. God already kept Enmity between Man and certain animals. Which am very sure a scorpion is part of. Not to now mention one that big.So Op help me understand this, do you think when next that scorpion crawls into your room unknown to you, it would remember that you saw it once and didn't kill it and not sting the life out of you?? That's Enmity . It's kill or be killed . I don't really think you have kids around you or if you do then they aren't yours . Or maybe you are just super ignorant

Actually a scorpion that large is not likely to pack a Sting potent enough to fall a full grown adult or even a child.

The larger a Scorpion the less potent it's Sting
God didn't create enmity between his creations man is the one who disobeyed God's instructions in the garden of Eden and was cast out for sin
Re: Pictures Of Black Scorpion Eating A Cockroach In My Compound by sweetgala(m): 1:17pm On Apr 14, 2017
rheether:
This OP is ignorant of what a scorpion can do.

You are the one truly ignorant not what a scorpion can do. A scorpion would not Sting a large mammal it can't consume unless it is cornered and in danger.

A black scorpion also less likely to enter into a home and seek dampness as it needs to bask in the sun for energy to hunt at night
Re: Pictures Of Black Scorpion Eating A Cockroach In My Compound by Beejay1117(m): 1:22pm On Apr 14, 2017
atoleybaba:
So u didn't know there are some animals that should be killed and not allowed in our compound and premises abi? Wehdone sir. Wait till d scorpion hurt one of ur household before u take action. So when u see a lion in ur neighbourhood feeding on a goat u did just walk away and let nature take is course abi? Again wehdone sir

#walksoutofthread
oga seun u dy kill mosquitoes? if yes then u are also guilty of condemning God creature.....yeye dy smell

did seun ban you? ?
Re: Pictures Of Black Scorpion Eating A Cockroach In My Compound by sweetgala(m): 1:22pm On Apr 14, 2017
wristbangle:

With all due respect, dangerous animals which include that insect should not be spared. If you have ever been stung by a scorpion, all you will be thinking of is to kill it when you spot one next time. I know what I passed through when a scorpion bite me some months ago.

Between the one that stung me is the brown specie, I wonder how deadly the venom of that black specie will be.

The brown scorpion is small and about 20-30% the size of this black scorpion. They don't often attack humans in the open however they tend to seek shelter in things like human shoes , wardrobes and dark corners which leads them into contact with humans and when backed into a corner they Sting.

These animals preserve their Sting for small rodents, frogs small lizards and insets. Also to fend off predators like mongoose frogs snakes and lizards and unfortunately humans
Re: Pictures Of Black Scorpion Eating A Cockroach In My Compound by Unclerukus: 1:48pm On Apr 14, 2017
Seun:

If you feel that an animal is too dangerous to be left on your farm or in your compound, you can capture it and relocate it to a distant place.
You think you're abroad? If he got harmed while doing that, he'll just die. Poor healthcare system in Nigeria and you're telling someone to capture something that has death on its sting. wehdone Sir.

All of you claiming animal rights and all that, I hope you don't end up like the Late Steve Irwin."crocodile Hunter". He even had better healthcare system and animal control, talk less of you in a dysfunctional country. When it happens, you're on your own.
Re: Pictures Of Black Scorpion Eating A Cockroach In My Compound by atoleybaba(m): 2:08pm On Apr 14, 2017
Beejay1117:

did seun ban you? ?
Lol....Anna banner ni.seun self know say Na we get Nairaland he just dy help us manager am grin

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Black Scorpion Eating A Cockroach In My Compound by atoleybaba(m): 2:09pm On Apr 14, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

In civilized countries ud call the forest department on the Lion issue.
in another civilized nation (not western civilization) we kill d lion and make it skin useful(in terms of making a royal robe for d king)
Re: Pictures Of Black Scorpion Eating A Cockroach In My Compound by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 14, 2017
bakynes:
I pity you don't worry the Scorpion will have mercy on you just as you had mercy on it when it comes into ur room.
him think say animals get common sense grin
Re: Pictures Of Black Scorpion Eating A Cockroach In My Compound by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 14, 2017
jd1986:
The 2ladies above me needs hot xx smiley
you be ashawo. Too much of blue film go kill you undecided
Re: Pictures Of Black Scorpion Eating A Cockroach In My Compound by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 14, 2017
last35:
Within a space of 6months I killed 3 scorpions in my bed room. Now I sleep been watchful and prayerful. Won't I be better off if scorpions were extinct ?
mine too but centipede
Re: Pictures Of Black Scorpion Eating A Cockroach In My Compound by Seun(m): 5:10pm On Apr 14, 2017
GMan650:

Bros, I'm sure you eat at least one of the following:

- Fish
- Cow or goat meat
- Chicken or Turkey
The aforementioned animals need to be killed before they can be ate. Are they not animals? Why haven't they be extinct despite how much humans kill them for consumption?
Cows, goats, chick don't go extinct because we breed them and provide them with free food, security, and healthcare. As for fish, many fish are close to going extinct because of overfishing. Some of them have had to be protected by government regulations to keep them extant.

Lions and other wild carnivores kill the weak herbivores daily, yet they aren't extinct. Why?
Because, through evolution, the 'weak' herbivores have developed ways of defending themselves from lions. Every time a lion goes after a zebra, it is at risk of being kicked to death. Any lion hunting buffaloes could be gored to death. Even a little injury could spell doom for the lion by preventing it from being able to catch it's prey. There is a well balanced relationship between predator and prey that prevents either of them from being able to wipe out the other. But human intelligence and technology has changed the game. We are not subject to any of the weaknesses of lions and other predators. All animals are helpless before our weapons, traps and poisons. So we need to exercise restraint.

Nature............. these animals reproduce greatly in such a small space of time so for every one that is killed, there are several others alive somewhere so they can't be extinct.
It is common knowledge that numerous animals have gone extinct in recent history, so I am shocked that anyone would hold the view that animals can't go extinct. To address your point, actually, many animals reproduce very slowly. Elephants carry their pregnancies for 2 years.

Biologically, the earth is gaddamn food chain and humans seem to be at the very top(not forgetting that God has given man full dominion over all animals).
Our intelligence has given us the ability to wipe out all other animals very easily; we need to wield our unprecedented powers with restraint.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of Black Scorpion Eating A Cockroach In My Compound by IMASTEX: 6:55pm On Apr 14, 2017
Seun, thanks for the elaborate reply, response. We share the same thought line on this.
Re: Pictures Of Black Scorpion Eating A Cockroach In My Compound by GMan650(m): 8:30pm On Apr 14, 2017
Seun:

Cows, goats, chick don't go extinct because we breed them and provide them with free food, security, and healthcare. As for fish, many fish are close to going extinct because of overfishing. Some of them have had to be protected by government regulations to keep them extant.
Yeah, you're right.

Because, through evolution, the 'weak' herbivores have developed ways of defending themselves from lions. Every time a lion goes after a zebra, it is at risk of being kicked to death. Any lion hunting buffaloes could be gored to death. Even a little injury could spell doom for the lion by preventing it from being able to catch it's prey. There is a well balanced relationship between predator and prey that prevents either of them from being able to wipe out the other.
Not all of those 'weak' herbivores can actually defend themselves e.g gazelles, yet they aren't extinct. Moreover, lions hunt in packs and they usually hunt for the weak ones in either the herd of buffaloes or dazzle of zebras.
There is a well balanced relationship between predator and prey that prevents either of them from being able to wipe out the other.
Do you know that tigers are at the risk of being extinct despite low human interference? So, humans aren't the major cause of animal extinction.

It is common knowledge that numerous animals have gone extinct in recent history, so I am shocked that anyone would hold the view that animals can't go extinct. To address your point, actually, many animals reproduce very slowly. Elephants carry their pregnancies for 2 years.
I didn't say in my post that animals don't go extinct; the ones that produce slowly aren't endangered. Most of the dangerous animals humans kill reproduce greatly e.g. snakes (especially), scorpions etc.

Our intelligence has given us the ability to wipe out all other animals very easily; we need to wield our unprecedented powers with restraint
.Since we have great intelligence and dominion over these animals, do we then have to die by the hands of these deadly animals?

Note: All these wild animals belong to the wild, so we are in great danger when they trespass into our vicinity as they wield the power to also kill. Like I said earlier, the biological world is a food chain/pyramid, kill or be killed.
Re: Pictures Of Black Scorpion Eating A Cockroach In My Compound by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:47am On Apr 15, 2017
atoleybaba:
in another civilized nation (not western civilization) we kill d lion and make it skin useful(in terms of making a royal robe for d king)

thats not civilized. that is boko haram nation... land of savage monkeys resembling human
Re: Pictures Of Black Scorpion Eating A Cockroach In My Compound by tealaw(m): 2:07am On Apr 15, 2017
That looks like an adult scorpion. Capable of killing a human.
Re: Pictures Of Black Scorpion Eating A Cockroach In My Compound by AsiwajuNdigbo: 9:52am On Apr 15, 2017
Vivipop:

Girl, look at you! I got a scorpion here that wants to sting you. Na which state u dey?
Re: Pictures Of Black Scorpion Eating A Cockroach In My Compound by Vivipop(f): 6:45pm On Apr 15, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

OK, thanks for the enlightenment, but taking it very very far away from his house should have been the best idea, its not poisonous but it does sting right?...and it's is sooooo black! Eeewwww
Re: Pictures Of Black Scorpion Eating A Cockroach In My Compound by Justpassingby2(m): 9:32am On Apr 18, 2017

If Stupidity was a course, you would be an Emeritus Professor!

Seems u are talking from ur experience.. I believe u or one of your close relations has gone tru the school of stupidity... Must u come online to show ur grades of madness?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Black Scorpion Eating A Cockroach In My Compound by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 02, 2019
justpassingby2:
Seems u are talking from ur experience.. I believe u or one of your close relations has gone tru the school of stupidity... Must u come online to show ur grades of madness?

undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Eats From The Same Plate With A Hen (Video) / Would You Hug a Snake? Meet the 10 Friendliest Snakes in the World (Photos) / Chimpanzee Pelts Girl With Its Feces At The U.I Zoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.