Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys (39441 Views)

. / Deleted / The Gentleman's guide to Modern Dating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by airminem(f): 11:25am On Apr 17, 2017
Your Innocense Is Brilliant
Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by DemonMonkey7(m): 11:25am On Apr 17, 2017
@ pocohantas
its generally true that women are more intuitive than rational hence the reason for your emotions filled paragraphs..... like one brotherly said women allover naija have this anti slut defense mechanism that they always fall back on.. com to think of it we all might be guilty of these but the fact still remains that ladies generally have experience in these tinx. . imagine my ex chic stil d get side ogas dem. .. abeg wetin dem want from her? and whose more" open minded?

1 Like

Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by Meetleader: 11:28am On Apr 17, 2017
No 12 makes a lot of sense
Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by itsmeurLady(f): 11:30am On Apr 17, 2017
All these ones the OP is saying i hope he abides by it tho cs one thing is to talk and the other is to do. Dnt let another man's opinion ruin ur rship. For me, there are no rules in dating, one is allowed to compromise sometimes and dats how we learn. Guys never be too rigid, never be too scared to date, let it flow, let ur spirit guide you to do the right things to ur lady cs honestly there are no rules!!!! Treat her the way u want ur future daughter to be treated and ladies treat men the way u want ur future son to be treated!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by DemonMonkey7(m): 11:31am On Apr 17, 2017
TroubleMaker47:

It's called loyalty!
Bros before hoes! cool

You don't expect me to snitch on a broda who's got ur back since time immemorial to a chic he probably would say bye someday! Haba! Even God detest such disloyalty

NOw that's the number one rule of "HOMMIES"
RULE 2- .NEver forget rule 1

2 Likes

Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by DemonMonkey7(m): 11:36am On Apr 17, 2017
itsmeurLady:
All these ones the OP is saying i hope he abides by it tho cs one thing is to talk and the other is to do. Dnt let another man's opinion ruin ur rship. For me, there are no rules in dating, one is allowed to compromise sometimes and dats how we learn. Guys never be too rigid, never be too scared to date, let it flow, let ur spirit guide you to do the right things to ur lady cs honestly there are no rules!!!! Treat her the way u want ur future daughter to be treated and ladies treat men the way u want ur future son to be treated!

Honey u get it all wrong... don't get to emotional there! Just treat ur man right.. n versa. .. its like saying the mother lion shouldn't eat the baby antelope because mother antelope wouldn't do same. . these laws don't apply here.

5 Likes

Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by Hiccups: 11:39am On Apr 17, 2017
One of the most well-reasoned threads on Nairaland, void of abuse, and nearly all comments well focused. This is commendable

2 Likes

Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by Mutuwa(m): 11:40am On Apr 17, 2017
pocohantas:
*I know some of you will come here to say money is all that matters but pls, don't, I repeat...don't ever use money to get a woman. It's a weak way out, she'll chop your money and go. She might stick to you as her pension manager while getting sweet love from someone else. Your money would be used to cover their overhead costs.

*When you find a good woman, keep her. Don't go sleeping around. Vaginas are the same, maybe a lil difference in the diameter or what you feel for the owner.

*Once in a while, resist the urge to bring out prick. Pretend like you're not in the mood that day. It boosts your self-control and desirability ratings.

*That you took a girl on a date or gave her cash/gift doesn't mean she must follow you to your house and allow you bend her like straw on your bed, while you administer prick with tangential expertise. If you want women that will give you sex for the money, go to Allen.

*If a woman turns your proposal down, be mature enough to take it.
Don't go slutshaming her or all those silly things some of you do!

*If for any reason you stop being interested in your girl, let her go. Don't play her along while increasing her vagina mileage.

For those end time boys, that will know their friend is cheating on his babe but be calling her "our wife"...amadioha will visit you.

This is true.. smiley
Some of us will never appreciate or assist a girl just like that without favours.It's pathetically wrong.
Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 17, 2017
Vivipop:
Another sensible argument
Thanks pretty.

1 Like

Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 17, 2017
bukatyne:
the question is what happens if after 2yrs of marriage, the wife 'improves' and the husband starts wondering where she learnt it?

In that case such a man needs all the help he can get: spiritual and otherwise. I mean, he was there the whole time.
That's why its important for people to talk a lot before marriage. But some people prefer to let you read signs as if you're doing a driving course.

But everything else is truly well spoken written.

Where is Evra tiri gbosa wen i need it? sombori help me wit dat pinsure
Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by Arijude(m): 11:46am On Apr 17, 2017
pocohantas:

Let me tell you something as a lady, Nigerian men would continue getting Basic1 sex styles till they learn to be more open minded.
Women wanna wow their men in the other room, but no one wants to be judged. No one wants her man wondering how many men she has spread the legs to various degrees for.

You arc that ass for a Nigerian man, instead of him to worship it...he pauses and starts wondering how many niggas you been arching it for. You give him a BJ and he starts asking how many guys you have given a BJ. Y'all ask too much gadamn questions!!!

Sadly, majority of you ask these questions not even to know a sister better, but to judge her.
Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by Arijude(m): 11:48am On Apr 17, 2017
pocohantas:

Let me tell you something as a lady, Nigerian men would continue getting Basic1 sex styles till they learn to be more open minded.
Women wanna wow their men in the other room, but no one wants to be judged. No one wants her man wondering how many men she has spread the legs to various degrees for.

You arc that ass for a Nigerian man, instead of him to worship it...he pauses and starts wondering how many niggas you been arching it for. You give him a BJ and he starts asking how many guys you have given a BJ. Y'all ask too much gadamn questions!!!

Sadly, majority of you ask these questions not even to know a sister better, but to judge her.
waaaaw!!! you said the gadamn truth.
Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by bukatyne(f): 11:48am On Apr 17, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

In that case such a man needs all the help he can get: spiritual and otherwise. I mean, he was there the whole time.
That's why its important for people to talk a lot before marriage. But some people prefer to let you read signs as if you're doing a driving course.

But everything else is truly well spoken written.

Where is Evra tiri gbosa wen i need it? sombori help me wit dat pinsure

You will be shocked.
Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by Balobest(m): 11:51am On Apr 17, 2017
pocohantas:

Excuse me maam, who are u? U are 2.... real and I love u 4 d@.
Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 17, 2017
importexpert:
There are certain things that as a guy, you must take notice of in your partner. Most guys are really clueless about dating when compared to women. Sometimes, they make many guys feel like learners.
The simple truth is that things might go wrong no matter what you do. It is therefore important you look out and know what to avoid in a relationship. I have penned down a couple of things.

1. If a lady misses a date you both agreed on and doesn’t call to apologize, let her go. There is no time to waste on one woman. If she does call to apologize, let her be the one to request another time so as to make it up to you. If she doesn't show up again, forget about her. She doesn't value your time.

2. Never let any woman disrespect you. If she does and she refuses to apologize and change for good, drop her. You don't want to be with someone who tears down your self esteem or does not know your worth.

3. Dating an indecisive lady can be frustrating. When you find yourself with one, give her space. You should not try to force people to make up their mind. Let her coming to you be out of choice and not compulsion.

4. Never try to buy a lady's affection. Trust me, that's one path you don't want to walk. If a woman does not like you, your expensive gifts will not change her mind. Instead, you will end up becoming be a “financial boyfriend” who sorts out her needs, aka “mugu”.

5. Never beg a woman to give you a chance. If you think she eventually gives you a chance, then you're mistaken. She probably showed you pity. And you know something about pity in relationships? It does not last long.

6. If a woman uses sex as a negotiating tool, dump her sorry ass. She is only manipulating you and nothing more. Sex is not a favour or reward!

7. Never let a lady be sure that you are crazy about her to the point that she feels too confident. In fact, never affirm your love immediately to her. Suppress that feeling to talk about it till she has shown you all possible green lights that she loves you.

8. If you give her a phone call twice and she doesn't answer, do not give her a call again. It is called desperation, and woman can smell it from a distance. You what it does to them, remember? Instead, just send a text.

9. Do not compare her to your ex. In the same way, if she talks about her ex with you to the level of comparisons, let her go ASAP. You will never be enough for her. You don't want to spend your energy trying to fill a shoe that was not yours in the first place.

10. Trust your instincts. The first problem with guys when they start feeling emotional about a lady is that they let the feelings overwhelm their sense of reasoning. Someone told me the other day that he let go of his logical self to date a woman. Huh? Do not make that mistake.

11. Never show 100% commitment to a lady. No matter how sweet she may be, she is not yours till you both tie the knot. Don't even assume that she will not leave. Realize that until you both wed, there is nothing like complete commitment.

12. Maintain an air of mystery. Never divulge too much about yourself too soon. Keep her in wonder of who you are.

13. Except you know how to chat with a lady and keep the sparks on, save the conversation for your dates. You may make use of that platform when you have come quite a distance with her.

14. Women desire attention just like guys desire sex. It is your own weapon. Even if she asks for it, be frugal about it. Never let her talk you in to giving her your complete attention. It may backfire soon since what one gets used to can easily be abused.

15. Do not make all the efforts in a relationship. I for one have a policy that I will take only two steps and wait for the lady to take at least one step. Whosoever invests more in a relationship gets emotional tied more than the other person.

16. Never change who you are for a woman. Never! If you must change, let it be because you feel the need to and not because you want to impress a lady.

17. Never lose your voice to a woman. Do not become a “yes man” to anything she says. It does not get her attracted to you; instead, it makes you look like a wimp. If there is something you do not agree about, state your opinion. If you think she did wrong, let her know
about it and don't keep mute about it.

18. Except you want to, never date any girl who has more problems than you do. Chances are that she may draw you in to all of it and you'd soon be overwhelmed. If you must date such a woman, be sure of what you are stepping in to.

19. If you ever find yourself with a possessive, over-jealous or domineering lady, drop her fast. She is not worth the stress. You will save yourself a lot of trouble by doing so.

20. Be alert about attempts to manipulate you. Recognize when. She is trying to get you to do something or not. Ensure you follow the decision of your will. Do not let the tears get to you or the pleadings get to you. You may do otherwise if you deem it fit to make a compromise on your stand, but guard against manipulation.

21. If a lady ever cheats on you, there is no remedy for it. Let her go. It is an already established fact that women who have affairs end up developing a bond with whosoever the other person is. The mere fact that she cheated means you should call it quit.

These are just a couple of essential dating etiquette guys should know and date by.
You can add more or share your thoughts about specific points through the comment box.

I'm not a guy but I really love your write up.

1 Like

Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by Makz: 11:56am On Apr 17, 2017
pocohantas:

Most of us have sexual acts we are disgusted by, male and female alike, but we can meet halfway. As for the ladies, some are actually not interested in such, some are only pretending. I have nothing against the pretenders/liars amongst them.

Most Nigerian guys don't deserve the truth...they love lies, they claim white girls are liberal but they never stopped to wonder how a white guy reacts to sex related issues. Babes will continue pretending, they will continue lying to you guys, they will simplify and divide their 'body counts'.
Last last, a lot of you will end up with refurbished oloshos.

say that again
Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by tk4rd: 12:01pm On Apr 17, 2017
Booked..
Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 17, 2017
Nice one op.

Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by princewillcilin: 12:21pm On Apr 17, 2017
shocked
Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 17, 2017
Hiccups:
One of the most well-reasoned threads on Nairaland, void of abuse, and nearly all comments well focused. This is commendable
Those abusers are on errands.

1 Like

Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by NaeChris: 12:38pm On Apr 17, 2017
Nice one. You deserve handshake.
Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by tycoon3(m): 12:39pm On Apr 17, 2017
I just love everything av read from first page down here.
Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by NaeChris: 12:40pm On Apr 17, 2017
pocohantas:
*I know some of you will come here to say money is all that matters but pls, don't, I repeat...don't ever use money to get a woman. It's a weak way out, she'll chop your money and go. She might stick to you as her pension manager while getting sweet love from someone else. Your money would be used to cover their overhead costs.

*When you find a good woman, keep her. Don't go sleeping around. Vaginas are the same, maybe a lil difference in the diameter or what you feel for the owner.

*Once in a while, resist the urge to bring out prick. Pretend like you're not in the mood that day. It boosts your self-control and desirability ratings.

*That you took a girl on a date or gave her cash/gift doesn't mean she must follow you to your house and allow you bend her like straw on your bed, while you administer prick with tangential expertise. If you want women that will give you sex for the money, go to Allen.

*If a woman turns your proposal down, be mature enough to take it.
Don't go slutshaming her or all those silly things some of you do!

*If for any reason you stop being interested in your girl, let her go. Don't play her along while increasing her vagina mileage.

For those end time boys, that will know their friend is cheating on his babe but be calling her "our wife"...amadioha will visit you.
Nice one.
Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by gentlechyke(m): 12:40pm On Apr 17, 2017
Choi. this thread is epic.i will thread softly shocked
Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by pepigeorge(m): 12:41pm On Apr 17, 2017
pocohantas:

How about you cook the okro or the egusi in different ways. Today with bitterleaf, tomorrow with vegetable...
That is...a good head today, tomorrow from behind, next tomorrow...sex in the bathroom. Can't we spice it up?

Egusi na egusi..... wether u add bitterleaf today, vegetables tomorrow n tomatoes the other day

1 Like

Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 17, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

tongue

I'm sure we can practice those out-of-this-world encounters together. cheesy
No we can't tongue
Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by Hiccups: 12:44pm On Apr 17, 2017
Jolar101:

Those abusers are on errands.

I now have reasons to believe. Their activities on Nairaland makes here a no-no for some
Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by NarnieSnyper(m): 12:51pm On Apr 17, 2017
Mutuwa:

This is true.. smiley
Some of us will never appreciate or assist a girl just like that without favours.It's pathetically wrong.

You are right; Most times ,friends and the society contribute to this. No man wants to be tagged a mugu after spending on a lady with a clear mindset.
You can imagine a guy who takes a girl out and spends only 5k and wants to be paid back in kind.
Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 17, 2017
Brownbarbie97:
No we can't tongue

Why na??

So you mean all my fasting and abstinence this season of Lent will be for nothing...

I will not take it.

I'm waiting for you in the kitchen. Today will be different wink
Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 17, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

Why na??

So you mean all my fasting and abstinence this season of Lent will be for nothing...

I will not take it.

I'm waiting for you in the kitchen. Today will be different wink
If you want it put a ring on it.Nothing good comes easy wink
Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by Litwits(m): 12:54pm On Apr 17, 2017
Truly the truth. Thumbs up to the OP. It's a wake up call. wink
Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 17, 2017
Lilyqueeny:

I'm not a guy but I really love your write up.
pls don't love this write up.

lol, grin

don't mind me. Do i you wish but i don't share your opinion.
i already commented on it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

9 Things You Need To Take Serious Than Pre-wedding Pictures / 19-Year-Old Father Of 2, Who Lost His 2 Baby Mamas, Shares His Story (Photo) / Guy Proposed To Girlfriend Dressed As A Homeless Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.