Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,374 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

My Animation Reidvolution - Art, Graphics & Video (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My Animation Reidvolution (36884 Views)

See My Animation Collection / My Animation Channel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 3:39am On Aug 06, 2021
noble2faith:

Help me learn. U have become an inspiration to me.

I'm humbled. But you've not even identified the area of concentration or interest. What I do is a pinch of the list you mentioned. Anyways, start from somewhere first.
Make sure you have electricity. Tons of it.
Laptop, like the one u described.
Data. At least 3 to 6gig. Every month. You'll need alot of reading for self confirmation and assurance. And you'll need YouTube videos to guide you when you are lost.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by noble2faith(m): 9:51am On Aug 06, 2021
reidkrugger:

I'm humbled. But you've not even identified the area of concentration or interest. What I do is a pinch of the list you mentioned. Anyways, start from somewhere first.
Make sure you have electricity. Tons of it.
Laptop, like the one u described.
Data. At least 3 to 6gig. Every month. You'll need alot of reading for self confirmation and assurance. And you'll need YouTube videos to guide you when you are lost.

Thank you very much. I have basic and intermediary skills in graphic design. I want to venture into 3D animation. I just got a system of that specs I mentioned earlier. What kind of 3D animation software do you think is beginner friendly?
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 5:04pm On Aug 06, 2021
noble2faith:

Thank you very much. I have basic and intermediary skills in graphic design. I want to venture into 3D animation. I just got a system of that specs I mentioned earlier. What kind of 3D animation software do you think is beginner friendly?

Ok nice. I always focus on the best. And best out there I Maya. Even if I use 3dsmax, Maya is indeed the industry standard for 3d animation. Me? I've gone too far to turn back but having gotten here now and comfortable with the software, I will be detouring towards Maya soon. So you actually could pick between Maya, Max, Blender.
Blender is free and have ridiculous amount of resource on d net to get u started. So, do your pick. Any of them have insane number of videos on d net.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by Sheriman(m): 5:40pm On Aug 06, 2021
reidkrugger:

Ok nice. I always focus on the best. And best out there I Maya. Even if I use 3dsmax, Maya is indeed the industry standard for 3d animation. Me? I've gone too far to turn back but having gotten here now and comfortable with the software, I will be detouring towards Maya soon. So you actually could pick between Maya, Max, Blender.
Blender is free and have ridiculous amount of resource on d net to get u started. So, do your pick. Any of them have insane number of videos on d net.
Do you how much dollars he gonna pay to get Maya license for a year or maybe he is not gonna take it to a professional stage
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by noble2faith(m): 9:57pm On Aug 06, 2021
reidkrugger:

I pick blender.

Help me with links to download the software and tutorials.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by noble2faith(m): 9:57pm On Aug 06, 2021
Sheriman:

Do you how much dollars he gonna pay to get Maya license for a year or maybe he is not gonna take it to a professional stage

Very expensive?
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 12:25pm On Aug 08, 2021
Sheriman:

True. But that was the answer to his question.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 12:26pm On Aug 08, 2021
noble2faith:

I pick blender.

Help me with links to download the software and tutorials.

You've already asked someone for that in another thread. He's an authority there.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by Sheriman(m): 12:28pm On Aug 08, 2021
reidkrugger:

True. But that was the answer to his question.
Maybe you start using blender
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by noble2faith(m): 1:53pm On Aug 08, 2021
reidkrugger:

You've already asked someone for that in another thread. He's an authority there.

Can't remember.
Help me with the thread
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by tirigbosa: 10:40am On Aug 12, 2021
noble2faith:

Can't remember.
Help me with the thread

guy, you are not yet ready to learn animation. i learnt all i know about 2d animation from youtube. Most of these questions you are asking have been answered. A simple google search is enough. as reid have said, maya is the industry standard but blender is very good as well. just download the software of your choice, go to youtube or buy courses online and start working. love and light grin

2 Likes

Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 3:48pm On Aug 12, 2021
tirigbosa:

guy, you are not yet ready to learn animation. i learnt all i know about 2d animation from youtube. Most of these questions you are asking have been answered. A simple google search is enough. as reid have said, maya is the industry standard but blender is very good as well. just download the software of your choice, go to youtube or buy courses online and start working. love and light grin

Didn't know you noticed. He also has an attitude problem. All of which accumulates and just makes it harder to be attended to. See as him de send me message like say him de pay me. Wonderful.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by noble2faith(m): 5:07pm On Aug 12, 2021
reidkrugger:

Didn't know you noticed. He also has an attitude problem. All of which accumulates and just makes it harder to be attended to. See as him de send me message like say him de pay me. Wonderful.

Attitude problem?
Tell me where I sounded rude in reply.
Asking you about something which you know should be honour to you. You should have told me earlier that it's not free.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 8:18pm On Aug 12, 2021
noble2faith:

Attitude problem?
Tell me where I sounded rude in reply.
Asking you about something which you know should be honour to you. You should have told me earlier that it's not free.

Having an attitude doesn't necessarily mean you are rude. But yes, you are. Your replies are too bossy for someone thats inquiring anything.
Which softwares are free? It's a miracle blender is. And I did tell u, I believe. Moreover, u didn't ask for free version either.
What's the honour in asking ma about animations. The only honour I need right now is helping me make money. Not that I'm complaining about rendering any form of help but the people dat know, know what I mean.
You've got to keep a level head. Apply and package everything you do in this realm with courtesy. I ain't mad at you. The only time I was mad at anybody was when I was still struggling with the learning process. Now, I'm just... me.
And I'm still learning tho. And I make researches and do a lot of readings. You should too. For there's no short cut to animations except hard work.

1 Like

Re: My Animation Reidvolution by noble2faith(m): 8:20pm On Aug 12, 2021
reidkrugger:

Having an attitude doesn't necessarily mean you are rude. But yes, you are. Your replies are too bossy for someone thats inquiring anything.
Which softwares are free? It's a miracle blender is. And I did tell u, I believe. Moreover, u didn't ask for free version either.
What's the honour in asking ma about animations. The only honour I need right now is helping me make money. Not that I'm complaining about rendering any form of help but the people dat know, know what I mean.
You've got to keep a level head. Apply and package everything you do in this realm with courtesy. I ain't mad at you. The only time I was mad at anybody was when I was still struggling with the learning process. Now, I'm just... me.
And I'm still learning tho. And I make researches and do a lot of readings. You should too. For there's no short cut to animations except hard work.
Thanks
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 10:06pm On Aug 12, 2021
noble2faith:

Thanks
You are welcome Sir.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by quivah(f): 4:27am On Aug 13, 2021
tirigbosa:

What about iclone?

Cc reid
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by quivah(f): 4:29am On Aug 13, 2021
tirigbosa:

What about iclone?

Cc reidkrugger
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by tirigbosa: 8:36am On Aug 13, 2021
quivah:

What about iclone?

Cc reidkrugger

hello quivah. the industry standard for 3d animation is maya and for 2d is toon boom harmony. but if you can't afford to get them, there are free and open source softwares also and for 3d is blender while for 2d its opentoonz, krita, pencil 2d etc. but the most important thing is not the software, it is what you can achieve with the software. softwares' don''t make good animation, the artist make good animation. if you think you like iclone, download it and start learning it. but can i ask, have you read about the 12 principles of animation. that's where to start.

If you want to learn animation, nairaland is the wrong place to come. you can only come here to post your progress. Go to youtube, skillshare, linkedin learning etc. infact youtube should be your home. nobody will teach you animation here if you wouldn't pay .
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by tirigbosa: 8:43am On Aug 13, 2021
reidkrugger:

all the newbies don't know what is involved ín learning animation, that's why. they think the software makes the animation grin grin grin grin
no, the artist makes these things. i was in their shoes before too. the difference is that i didn't come to ask questions on nairaland. all their questions have been answered somewhere else. youtube and google should be their friend
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by quivah(f): 8:51am On Aug 13, 2021
tirigbosa:

hello quivah. the industry standard for 3d animation is maya and for 2d is toon boom harmony. but if you can't afford to get them, there are free and open source softwares also and for 3d is blender while for 2d its opentoonz, krita, pencil 2d etc. but the most important thing is not the software, it is what you can achieve with the software. softwares' don''t make good animation, the artist make good animation. if you think you like iclone, download it and start learning it. but can i ask, have you read about the 12 principles of animation. that's where to start.

If you want to learn animation, nairaland is the wrong place to come. you can only come here to post your progress. Go to youtube, skillshare, linkedin learning etc. infact youtube should be your home. nobody will teach you animation here if you wouldn't pay .
Hi. Thank you so much for your response. No, I do not hope to learn animation and Nl. I intend to follow Youtube and Udemy and I have infact bought tutorials from Udemy. Iclone 7 and unreal engine. Hence my question.

I have checked the 12 principles of animation on pluralsight.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by tirigbosa: 9:02am On Aug 13, 2021
noble2faith:

Thanks
noble2faith, please calm down. I understand your enthusiasm about this animation. the industry is small in nigeria and we need more people. But you need to know that most of your questions have been answered. you only need to search. These are Gbenga Ajetomobi's video on the things you need to know before you start 3d animation.

part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5Ko7Msso6E
part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK85Erm6k8A
part 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ML0E2Y0bks

I consider that guy one of the best 3d animators in africa. limitless animation in australia just bought his company. If you watch the 3 videos, notice where he said and i quote "don't come to ask me some questions you can find answer to yourself."
so, download your favourite software, go to youtube and download tutorials and get to work and yes the spec of your laptop is okay to start with. I am using 4gb ram, 500hdd here though its 2d animation i do and i use moho
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by tirigbosa: 9:12am On Aug 13, 2021
Seeing reid coming to 2d is actually a challenege. i know cutout animation at least to an intermidiate level now. but i also want to learn traditional animation. moho pro is very bad for traditional animation. so,i decided to download tooboom yesterday and yes, i now have a drawing tablet. i will also be posting my progress once in a while if reidkrugger will allow. for now, this is what i have. i have also done the bouncing ball animation

Re: My Animation Reidvolution by quivah(f): 9:15am On Aug 13, 2021
tirigbosa:

I consider that guy one of the best 3d animators in africa. limitless animation in australia just bought his company. If you watch the 3 videos, notice where he said and i quote "don't come to ask me some questions you can find answer to yourself."
so, download your favourite software, go to youtube and download tutorials and get to work and yes the spec of your laptop is okay to start with. I am using 4gb ram, 500hdd here though its 2d animation i do and i use moho
Thanks for these links, the guy is really good.

2 Likes

Re: My Animation Reidvolution by tirigbosa: 9:19am On Aug 13, 2021
quivah:

Hi. Thank you so much for your response. No, I do not hope to learn animation and Nl. I intend to follow Youtube and Udemy and I have infact bought tutorials from Udemy. Iclone 7 and unreal engine. Hence my question.

I have checked the 12 principles of animation on pluralsight.
then you are good to go. if you are learning alone, just know the journey may become boring ahead. it's your passion that will keep you going. but if you are learning in group, it may be interesting because there will be people to gist with. by the end of the year, you should have something sweet to show us. Enjoy the process
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by quivah(f): 9:28am On Aug 13, 2021
tirigbosa:

then you are good to go. if you are learning alone, just know the journey may become boring ahead. it's your passion that will keep you going. but if you are learning in group, it may be interesting because there will be people to gist with. by the end of the year, you should have something sweet to show us. Enjoy the process
Unfortunately, I am learning alone. Btw, I chose iclone 7 as my beginner's charm and guide before delving into industry standard preferably maya
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by akinolaa76: 12:15pm On Aug 13, 2021
quivah:

Unfortunately, I am learning alone. Btw, I chose iclone 7 as my beginner's charm and guide before delving into industry standard preferably maya

I think you have been given the best advice here already. Another thing I learnt in filmmaking/storytelling/animation mentoring session by a popular DreamWorks Director is that all we need is online. I was perhaps the most inexperienced at the time in that group and the only one living in Africa. My question to him was centered around what advise he could give me as an animator without Hollywood or Ivy League education. His response was that I do not need Ivy League education or Hollywood experience. He said all the information you need is online.

That belief has helped me greatly on my journey as a storyteller, filmmaker and a 3d animator today. It may take time, but with focus anybody can learn anything online.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 12:33pm On Aug 13, 2021
tirigbosa:

all the newbies don't know what is involved ín learning animation, that's why. they think the software makes the animation grin grin grin grin
no, the artist makes these things. i was in their shoes before too. the difference is that i didn't come to ask questions on nairaland. all their questions have been answered somewhere else. youtube and google should be their friend

Well, there's nothing actually wrong with asking questions anywhere. Even on NL. U Neva can tell when d answer would spring from. But I get u tho.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 12:41pm On Aug 13, 2021
quivah:

What about iclone?

Cc reid
Don't really know much about iclone but I've seen people use it here and the how which brings me to say, I don't think much about it. Iclone is most likely d software dat easily and as a matter of fact compulsorily works with MOCAP. And, I keep away from MOCAP. Maybe now dat I have direction, I'll begin to embrace it. But as a newbie and u going MOCAP, u just won't get to your best potential. Animating is work. Tideous work. All my life with animations, I just want to be bad ass. Never thinking about money.
But now... The tables turned. And dats because I know what I'm doing now. So for me now, everything will likely go.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 12:50pm On Aug 13, 2021
tirigbosa:

The principles. Guy, dat thing is easy and sweet to learn. But difficult to apply. Learning animations takes time, dedication and a lot of sacrifice. Learning animations is like seeking d soul stone. U have to give up something that's dear to you. If u set out trying to learn d principles, which is not a bad thing, one could end up been more frustrated or confused.
If it was dat easy, everyone dats come in contact with it would have known how to animate. Me? I observed everything and everybody. I tried everything out. At least d ones I knew. And in d end, it still takes time. People are going to think you are crazy though for d most part.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 12:52pm On Aug 13, 2021
quivah:

If u really wanna animate and take it like d air u breathe, just go for Maya. It will save u d time for all d detours.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 12:54pm On Aug 13, 2021
akinolaa76:

I think you have been given the best advice here already. Another thing I learnt in filmmaking/storytelling/animation mentoring session by a popular DreamWorks Director is that all we need is online. I was perhaps the most inexperienced at the time in that group and the only one living in Africa. My question to him was centered around what advise he could give me as an animator without Hollywood or Ivy League education. His response was that I do not need Ivy League education or Hollywood experience. He said all the information you need is online.

That belief has helped me greatly on my journey as a storyteller, filmmaker and a 3d animator today. It may take time, but with focus anybody can learn anything online.

True.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Pencil Drawings By My Brother Teewai Teju / Forget Okorocha Uniben Graduating Student Erects A Masterpiece ( See Photos) / Rate These Before And After Effects Of Photoshop Works - Genius Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.