Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,899 members, 7,810,455 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

My Animation Reidvolution - Art, Graphics & Video (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My Animation Reidvolution (36886 Views)

See My Animation Collection / My Animation Channel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 1:03pm On Aug 13, 2021
tirigbosa:
Seeing reid coming to 2d is actually a challenege. i know cutout animation at least to an intermidiate level now. but i also want to learn traditional animation. moho pro is very bad for traditional animation. so,i decided to download tooboom yesterday and yes, i now have a drawing tablet. i will also be posting my progress once in a while if reidkrugger will allow. for now, this is what i have. i have also done the bouncing ball animation

Pls do. Seeing those drawings u put up there just drew me out of my ReidCave. Traditional animation keh for 2d! That's a lot because u go draw die. Lots and lots of frames and I don't think it's worth it from d economic point of view especially when u doin 24 or 30frames per sec. That's toon boon essentials. U should have gone for premium, maybe 2017 or newer. There's a panel there dedicated to nodes. Only premium has it. And premium almost feels like u r working with a 3d software. It's magic. Essentials is ok tho. But Premium Sir.
I'm looking to register my presence on the net so I'm going with cutout animations.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 4:17pm On Aug 13, 2021
tirigbosa:

noble2faith, please calm down. I understand your enthusiasm about this animation. the industry is small in nigeria and we need more people. But you need to know that most of your questions have been answered. you only need to search. These are Gbenga Ajetomobi's video on the things you need to know before you start 3d animation.

part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5Ko7Msso6E
part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK85Erm6k8A
part 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ML0E2Y0bks

I consider that guy one of the best 3d animators in africa. limitless animation in australia just bought his company. If you watch the 3 videos, notice where he said and i quote "don't come to ask me some questions you can find answer to yourself."
so, download your favourite software, go to youtube and download tutorials and get to work and yes the spec of your laptop is okay to start with. I am using 4gb ram, 500hdd here though its 2d animation i do and i use moho

I was hoping to see a job of his.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by quivah(f): 5:56pm On Aug 13, 2021
reidkrugger:

He posts on IG
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 8:02pm On Aug 13, 2021
quivah:

He posts on IG

Ok.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 8:14pm On Aug 13, 2021
quivah:

He posts on IG

Just checked him. He's gud.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by tirigbosa: 10:18pm On Aug 13, 2021
reidkrugger:

search 'omoberry' on YouTube. his studio produces it. he worked for orangevfx studios before starting his own studio (highbreed animation). limitless animation then bought his studio. I've been following him for a while
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by tirigbosa: 10:21pm On Aug 13, 2021
reidkrugger:

Pls do. Seeing those drawings u put up there just drew me out of my ReidCave. Traditional animation keh for 2d! That's a lot because u go draw die. Lots and lots of frames and I don't think it's worth it from d economic point of view especially when u doin 24 or 30frames per sec. That's toon boon essentials. U should have gone for premium, maybe 2017 or newer. There's a panel there dedicated to nodes. Only premium has it. And premium almost feels like u r working with a 3d software. It's magic. Essentials is ok tho. But Premium Sir.
I'm looking to register my presence on the net so I'm going with cutout animations.

i am going tradition just to challenge myself.

concerning the version of toonboom, I have searched far and wide on the net and it's this version I could get for free. toonboom harmony 10.

have you tried using mojo pro for cutout before?
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by tirigbosa: 10:28pm On Aug 13, 2021
reidkrugger:

If u really wanna animate and take it like d air u breathe, just go for Maya. It will save u d time for all d detours.

exactly, but she has tutorials on iclone already.

you should have asked or searched if iclone have been used to make any movie before. if not, maybe it's not worth it. before learning 2d animation, I asked myself the same question. obviously toonboom was my answer but I couldn't get it for free anywhere. then I had to settle for moho pro 12 (used in song of the sea, breadwinner, wolfwalkers). it was used with tvpaint. those 3 cartoons there are Oscar nominated cartoons.

so, why not go for the best once and for all?. that is why I like your choice of going for toonboom once and for all.

in a matter of time, you will be doing the Rick and Morty stuff

1 Like

Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 3:38pm On Aug 14, 2021
Ok guys, this is "do a solid" Saturday for Toon Boon guys. If you are thinking in this direction and YouTube is where you looking to download videos, then you might wanna consider these awesome guys. In no particular order.
Frank Summers
Tony Teach
Onion Skin
Stylus Rumble
Yeah these guys hooked me up really fast, I began animating in no time. Of course there are a host of others but these guys are my favorite.
Alright, will hook up with ya some other time.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by ReactGA: 7:44pm On Aug 14, 2021
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by billyboy(m): 3:30pm On Aug 16, 2021
My first Render on Blender

2 Likes

Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 12:42pm On Sep 04, 2021
[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XvJlqqsTuQ[url][/url]
Ok, so I finally finished the shot. Phew, I actually have been practicing other related things plus drawing. That node view in toon boon is trouble. I swear. Anyways, here it is. And from now on, I'm going full throttle.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by gfon(m): 10:05pm On Sep 04, 2021
reidkrugger:
[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppdgKbB0NI0[url][/url]
Ok, so I finally finished the shot. Phew, I actually have been practicing other related things plus drawing. That node view in toon boon is trouble. I swear. Anyways, here it is. And from now on, I'm going full throttle.
boss please i wanna learn animations and graphics from you.Always following ur threads and am wowed
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 6:22pm On Sep 05, 2021
gfon:
boss please i wanna learn animations and graphics from you.Always following ur threads and am wowed

Hmmm. I am indeed flattered. But I know u didn't watch d video. Watching videos is d first step to learning anything. Even, how to animate. It could tell u, if dis is what u want in terms of quality or level or not.
Anyways, I appreciate u and as for teaching, I'll be opening another thread where people can follow up on how to learn animations. I can't remember when last I thought of teaching anybody even if I've had numerous requests. Money has always been d issue and will most likely be. So I gave up on it.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 6:29pm On Sep 05, 2021
I only began understanding d node view and how rigged or cut out animations work in toon boon. If I have my way, I wouldn't want to go traditional on it but, it's given me less choice. If u are thinking acting and making d character come to life, you have to, at some point in d project, make some more drawings. In all, one has to be smart with this because, more drawings equals more work. And more work equals more time spent and it goes on and on.
So, I have to look for shorter effective methods of getting this job done.

I think I have an idea. I'll see u guys.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by gfon(m): 6:48pm On Sep 05, 2021
reidkrugger:

Hmmm. I am indeed flattered. But I know u didn't watch d video. Watching videos is d first step to learning anything. Even, how to animate. It could tell u, if dis is what u want in terms of quality or level or not.
Anyways, I appreciate u and as for teaching, I'll be opening another thread where people can follow up on how to learn animations. I can't remember when last I thought of teaching anybody even if I've had numerous requests. Money has always been d issue and will most likely be. So I gave up on it.
ok thanks,i understand.Have always had a flare for creative stuffs like comics and toons,hence my love animations.That's why i need a mentor that can give me heads up(the type of pc to get and what it might also cost in aspect of the learning fees)
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 8:32pm On Sep 05, 2021
gfon:
ok thanks,i understand.Have always had a flare for creative stuffs like comics and toons,hence my love animations.That's why i need a mentor that can give me heads up(the type of pc to get and what it might also cost in aspect of the learning fees)

U can get a laptop with 4gig GPU and 16gig ram. If it's a touchscreen, all the better. Also think of plenty of storage space like 1terabyte and an external would help too.
But more than the laptop and digital tablet for 2D, u need alot of time to practice. Like plenty of monstrous time to practice this stuff.
If u really have been following as you claim, you would have seen all these info, on this thread. These ones don't cost money. Teaching is what costs money. That's where the mentoring and commitment begins and ends.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by gfon(m): 9:22pm On Sep 05, 2021
reidkrugger:

U can get a laptop with 4gig GPU and 16gig ram. If it's a touchscreen, all the better. Also think of plenty of storage space like 1terabyte and an external would help too.
But more than the laptop and digital tablet for 2D, u need alot of time to practice. Like plenty of monstrous time to practice this stuff.
If u really have been following as you claim, you would have seen all these info, on this thread. These ones don't cost money. Teaching is what costs money. That's where the mentoring and commitment begins and ends.
thanks boss,am gonna work towards getting all uve listed.Boss you know apart from the passion to learn a digital skill,another issue is the market/economic value.How profitable is learning animations in the long run?thanks for your time.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 10:30pm On Sep 05, 2021
gfon:
thanks boss,am gonna work towards getting all uve listed.Boss you know apart from the passion to learn a digital skill,another issue is the market/economic value.How profitable is learning animations in the long run?thanks for your time.

In the long run means long term. Then my answer would be "very profitable". U get to create things. Anything. U bring things to life. You are like God. U get to decide what happens to a character. All these are possible right away if you know your onions. And for 2D, its way quicker. U can't loose if u know animations. It's just a matter of time and how gud u are.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 10:33pm On Sep 05, 2021
gfon:

U also don't have to wait till u get the above mentioned spec. A decent core i3 upwards with about 6gig of ram could push u as well. But na wahala o. Just don't fill d scene with too many assets.

1 Like

Re: My Animation Reidvolution by gfon(m): 3:20am On Sep 06, 2021
reidkrugger:

U also don't have to wait till u get the above mentioned spec. A decent core i3 upwards with about 6gig of ram could push u as well. But na wahala o. Just don't fill d scene with too many assets.
lol thanks
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by gfon(m): 3:30am On Sep 06, 2021
reidkrugger:

In the long run means long term. Then my answer would be "very profitable". U get to create things. Anything. U bring things to life. You are like God. U get to decide what happens to a character. All these are possible right away if you know your onions. And for 2D, its way quicker. U can't loose if u know animations. It's just a matter of time and how gud u are.
thanks for taking your time to explain,am glad i reached out to you.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 8:27am On Sep 06, 2021
gfon:
thanks for taking your time to explain,am glad i reached out to you.

U r welcome man. The time to start is yesterday. This is the bailout of poverty for some of us. If u are earning below N500 in today's Naija, it's poverty for you sir. So don't get comfortable. Animations when applied correctly has d potential of turning your life around. Wether you are employed or not.
So into today's menu.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by gfon(m): 3:45pm On Sep 10, 2021
reidkrugger:

U r welcome man. The time to start is yesterday. This is the bailout of poverty for some of us. If u are earning below N500 in today's Naija, it's poverty for you sir. So don't get comfortable. Animations when applied correctly has d potential of turning your life around. Wether you are employed or not.
So into today's menu.
boss good afternoon.I spoke with a relative concerning learning animation.He wants to know the cost required(tools,system,guides,etc).Please can you give me a run-down on the financial aspect to kick-start it.Your response would be quite appreciated Sir
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 6:55pm On Sep 10, 2021
gfon:
boss good afternoon.I spoke with a relative concerning learning animation.He wants to know the cost required(tools,system,guides,etc).Please can you give me a run-down on the financial aspect to kick-start it.Your response would be quite appreciated Sir

Pls check my signature and send me a mail.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by gfon(m): 7:41pm On Sep 10, 2021
reidkrugger:

Pls check my signature and send me a mail.
done boss
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 9:31pm On Sep 10, 2021
gfon:
done boss

I've replied u.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 8:49pm On Sep 12, 2021
I've embarked on a 2d animation series per se. And I've spent time learning how to rig properly in 2d. I personally love d bone rig but it don't allow drawing substitutions so I'm looking for options. Then I went with pegs. Took about three days learning the dos and donts of pegs then boom, peg is it. First three days with it was hell and I was very slow. It was annoying I went with this choice and what a mistake I've made. Or so I thought. Fact is I've been working day and night on this skit that I should have almost finished it. But no. It's not to be.
Two days ago, I thought d rig was useless. And became angrily-er. Haha. Yesterday, I went to a party, broke my all time record for alcohol intake and tasted cigarettes again after close to 20yrs. Then it all came back. Settling in. The tweaks I'm supposed to put into the rig to give me far more improved results. Now, I'm a bit happy.
Anyways, I'm on a little break and after dat, I'm going back to knock this mutha' off. Then make the changes to the rig most likely. But it is would now set me back by about a month in total. I've lost time before when I was learning how to rig with the peg as I've explained earlier. So time lost must be accounted for. That's how to think in business.
Alright make I drop my pen here before NL bots and mods alike ban me for plenty wordings.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 8:36am On Sep 16, 2021
Toon boon just crashed on me yesterday night. Lost a job I've been working on for almost two weeks. So sad.
No I don't save using an external device even if I have at least two hard drives. Don't know what's wrong with me. Anyways, e don happen, e don happen. And d way fwd is executive decisions.
Instead of a single full 8minute clip, I'll be breaking it down to a minute or two per skit. There are two major xters. A male and a female. I've almost animated d female fully expect for facial expressions and lip syncing. I was able to retrieve about 75% of dat asset because I sort of saves it in clips like eeerr MOCAP in toon boon. Well sort of. And as for d male. It squat. I lost aaaalllll. Everything, well asides d rig.
In all this affords me d opportunity to start afresh and enhance d rigs. But I won't do this in a hurry. With time. For now, I'll be using d remainder of my assets I can retrieve. I'm cutting down on my losses. I'm all business now.
And just when I was beginning to get a hang of this. This life nor balance man.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 10:56am On Sep 16, 2021
Ok. I'm back on my seat and working again. I'm very angry too. So I'm releasing a video today or tomorrow tops.
In all, I'll be realeasing three animation shots every week for about two months or so.
Maybe I'll get bored afterwards and would want something else but for now, this is what it is. See you guys.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 12:23am On Sep 24, 2021
[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFKlVO085D4[url][/url]
Ok, so something to show finally. No time right now to talk much. Will come back to modify.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 10:37pm On Nov 21, 2021
It's been a while. How una dey? Ok, so I'm back here again and as you know if you are an ardent follower, I've found my way into town boon harmony, a 2D Animation software and I've now added 2D Animations to my skillset. With no further ado, I present you the episode 3 of my short video skits. You can like follow and subscribe to my channel if you want to keep in touch.[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5YRpkOzTHU[url][/url]

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Pencil Drawings By My Brother Teewai Teju / Forget Okorocha Uniben Graduating Student Erects A Masterpiece ( See Photos) / Rate These Before And After Effects Of Photoshop Works - Genius Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.