Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,878 members, 7,813,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan (20938 Views)

Amir, Sultan Of Sokoto’s Son Had Accident After ‘Getting High On Codeine’ / "We Are Hungry" - Umar Faruq, The Emir Of Daura / Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by iluvpomo(m): 9:19am On Apr 17, 2017
freeze001:

It is that small, subsistence agriculture for immediate family that breeds poverty. Is food the only requirement for survival? Will people not progress beyond food for the stomach? Even for d food can one grow everything? Will u not buy others like fish, meat, oil etc? Will they not wear clothes, buy electronics, raise children et al?

The Sultan's reasoning and yours are myopic. Basic agriculture gets one nowhere in the long run, it is the commercial industrialization that makes it viable and rakes in the income. That is where the government must come in and see to it that agriculture becomes viable at the highest possible level. Herdsmen remain backward in their nomadic style and continue causing havoc n mayhem yet we're nowhere near the top exporters of beef n milk. We even import those items!

What an intelligent post!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by southpole: 9:21am On Apr 17, 2017
Legitbaba:
Nigerians lazy?? Hausa's are hard working, Igbos are even more hard working....Yorubas or Ijaws aren't lazy too... Fulani's?? I don't know about any more hard work than walking long distances just to rare cows....
Nigerians are hard working...we are not just being treated fairly by the ruling class, though that would soon come to an end

I think the problem is that our hard work is NOT intelligently directed and focused. How can someone trek from Sokoto to OSUN state just to rear cattle instead of keeping the cattle in one place and used the energy expended in trekking for other economically gainful engagements? Also it baffles me when I see people rushing to learn how to establish and operate a business from a professor who had not sold anything in his life talk less of owning chains of businesses?
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by magoo10(m): 9:25am On Apr 17, 2017
we know those that are lazy in Nigeria
definitely not us
hardwork without brain means suffering
Igbo Ndi oma
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by efeski(m): 9:25am On Apr 17, 2017
sarrki:

Madam let me educate you
Agriculture is the main source of national income for most developing countries. However, for the developed countries, agriculture contributes a smaller per cent age to their national income. Agricultural sector provides fodder for domestic animals .Cow provides people with milk which is a form of protective food.

You sound so dumb trying to justify the nonsense spewed forth by your sultan.

The problem of Nigeria is not laziness but northerners.

your past leaders failed to provide basic education that emancipates the mind from mental and religious slavery hence most of y'all are still in servitude even with available facts on ground.

same way you guys opposed the agitation for independence way back, so also your backwardness as a result of illiteracy is hindering the nation from making considerable progress.

sultan should take several seats and learn from the emir of kano. now that's an educated bloke y'all should bleeps with cos he seems to know his onions.... not yari and the likes of your stupid ass displaying crass ignorance online
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Abiys: 9:25am On Apr 17, 2017
sarrki:
Many will come and rain insult on his eminence

What he's saying is we can do small farming for our immediate family

That we should look beyond white collar job

You are very stupid for that statement.....so everybody should turn to farmer abi? idiot
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Fowobi84: 9:29am On Apr 17, 2017
I know a lot of people that quit farming because fulani herdsmen kept destroying their plants. Besides, they kill and rape innocent women on the farms and Buhari is not addressing the issue. Sultan seem not to know the extent to which his tribesmen are killing innocent farmers all over the country and you expect people to keep risking their lives. What I know is that God is ready to fight for hapless Nigerians under the shackles of oppression very soon.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by montezz(f): 9:29am On Apr 17, 2017
What these people has failed to acknowledge is that,its no longer about who works hard or not. We need a good business environment to function. Give us basic amenities,security... Soft loans and you'll see changes. As a matter of fact, they can keep their jobs but at least work on that.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by joe54: 9:33am On Apr 17, 2017
I sincerely agree with the sultan on laziness of our leaders which includes him. But laziness of the people I do not. this present administration is failing abysmally.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by ballinballin: 9:35am On Apr 17, 2017
sarrki:
Many will come and rain insult on his eminence

What he's saying is we can do small farming for our immediate family

That we should look beyond white collar job

Sultan's statement is better than most of these yahoo yahoo Pastor's statement like :

Its your time!

Claim it and receive it!

Your case is different!

Wealth of the wicked is store up for the righteous

I am the head not the tail.... etc

Please make una add your own.......

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 17, 2017
Jaymaxxy:
I disagree with the sultan.

Nigerians are actually very hardworking. We the go outside the country, they do all sort of dirty jobs just to make ends meet. They are doing this because they are sure their hardwork would be rewarded there. Here in Nigeria, we are have been made to know you can't make it big if you do something illegal.
Nigerians will start working hard when they are sure their hardwork will be rewarded.

case close. this fellow has said it all
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 17, 2017
D.umb lie!...irresponsible/self-serving leaders are nig's major problem!
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by JOMAX: 9:36am On Apr 17, 2017
sarrki:

EDUCATION INDEED. ABEG PARK WELL, I EXPECTED A MORE VALID ARGUMENT.
Madam let me educate you
Agriculture is the main source of national income for most developing countries. However, for the developed countries, agriculture contributes a smaller per cent age to their national income. Agricultural sector provides fodder for domestic animals .Cow provides people with milk which is a form of protective food.
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by newguy1(m): 9:36am On Apr 17, 2017
freeze001:

It is that small, subsistence agriculture for immediate family that breeds poverty. Is food the only requirement for survival? Will people not progress beyond food for the stomach? Even for d food can one grow everything? Will u not buy others like fish, meat, oil etc? Will they not wear clothes, buy electronics, raise children et al?

The Sultan's reasoning and yours are myopic. Basic agriculture gets one nowhere in the long run, it is the commercial industrialization that makes it viable and rakes in the income. That is where the government must come in and see to it that agriculture becomes viable at the highest possible level. Herdsmen remain backward in their nomadic style and continue causing havoc n mayhem yet we're nowhere near the top exporters f beef n milk. We even import those items!
good stuff

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by vislabraye(m): 9:39am On Apr 17, 2017
freeze001:

The Sultan's reasoning and yours are myopic. Basic agriculture gets one nowhere in the long run, it is the commercial industrialization that makes it viable and rakes in the income. That is where the government must come in and see to it that agriculture becomes viable at the highest possible level. Herdsmen remain backward in their nomadic style and continue causing havoc n mayhem yet we're nowhere near the top exporters of beef n milk. We even import those items!

No mind the mumus. When it comes to defending this government, their brains suddenly take a leave. When I used to live in a big compound with my parents, I planted all sort of things. Now I live alone in a tarred compound. How do I start planting?
There are people who live in block of flats. How do they start rearing goats or pigs or plant cassava? The Sultan is also admitting that he's also lazy. But guess what, he folds him arm in his palace and money still enters into his account.
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by petitejolie(f): 9:40am On Apr 17, 2017
Kingsley10000:
Nigerians are chronically lazy.....if we can embrace agriculture with the little capital we have,things wouldn't be this bad....i started broiler/foreign turkey production with just 80k in 2015,now 'm a millionaire
ure very funny sha. cos u even had 80k to start something dats y ure talking. be in d shoes of dose DAT are not guaranteed 300 naira to buy a derica of rice of which so many piple fall under dis category den u will know watsup. is it wen u avnt eaten u will b tinking of farming for profits? ask d sultan how many piple he's empowered for sufficient farming nd how he's contributing to agriculture in large scale o. pls go nd tank God for ur life. not everyone is DAT opportuned nd dey re struggling in dier own ways

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by petitejolie(f): 9:43am On Apr 17, 2017
[quote author=vislabraye post=55640127]

No mind the mumus. When it comes to defending this government, their brains suddenly take a leave. When I used to live in a big compound with my parents, I planted all sort of things. Now I live alone in a tarred compound. How do I start planting?
There are people who live in block of flats. How do they start rearing goats or pigs or plant cassava? The Sultan is also admitting that he's also lazy. But guess what, he folds him arm in his palace and money still enters into his account.[/quote
just put mic in dier mouth nd dey will start talking nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by porozhniy(m): 9:45am On Apr 17, 2017
What will happen if these useless elites keep their mouth shut for one week?
One can not endure his hunger induced haze in peace again!
Anybody thinking of suicide, please be patriotic enough to do the needfull as regards our useless leaders.
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by sorepco(m): 9:48am On Apr 17, 2017
Ur uncle has every right to say they r using our monies to buy cars, even if he pays mo tax. So long as ur uncle is a nigerian he should be provided the basics of life like water...electricity...roads...a good vonducive environment for investment.

Xavier9ja:
The sultan is saying the bitter truth. Nigerians keep blaming the government for all their misfortune. I personally have an uncle who is lazy, he does not have any form of formal education, he don't pay tax in any form but he is good at sitting at home listening to radio and blaming the government. He'll always say " they are using OUR money to buy car". I'll just look at him and say "oga u dey pay tax" ( but na inside my mind I dey talk am sha). We should blame the government 20% and use 80% of our time to work hard and be innovative

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by petitejolie(f): 9:49am On Apr 17, 2017
montezz:
What these people has failed to acknowledge is that,its no longer about who works hard or not. We need a good business environment to function. Give us basic amenities,security... Soft loans and you'll see changes. As a matter of fact, they can keep their jobs but at least work on that.
he's also part of d lazy leaders too. this piple are so not in touch with reality. dey sit in dier wealth and opulence and assume. den dey come out in public nd say nonsense. does he tink tins re same as how it was in d 60s.
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by montezz(f): 9:50am On Apr 17, 2017
petitejolie:

he's also part of d lazy leaders too. this piple are so not in touch with reality. dey sit in dier wealth and opulence and assume. den dey come out in public nd say nonsense. does he tink tins re same as how it was in d 60s.
This naija ehn
I'm tired of this country
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by obaino860: 9:51am On Apr 17, 2017
sarrki:

You mean the acclaimed developers of Lagos, Bangkok, Dubai and Indonesia?

@sarrki.....are you referring to the agbero, motor park touts, ritualist and beggars...lol
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by bitcoinvin(m): 9:51am On Apr 17, 2017
Monalisa185:

you and your eminence are lazy

No offense

lozzz..U nailed it...They are the ones lazy,i wonder what the get from Dragging other tribes..
Which state have the highest unemployed youths
Which state have high alamejris
this men are just daft,visionless.
They can only see their wives Pant and nothing more.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Nobody: 9:55am On Apr 17, 2017
Legitbaba:
Nigerians lazy?? Hausa's are hard working, Igbos are even more hard working....Yorubas or Ijaws aren't lazy too... Fulani's?? I don't know about any more hard work than walking long distances just to rare cows....
Nigerians are hard working...we are not just being treated fairly by the ruling class, though that would soon come to an end

Majority of us are lazy, period! Why else do you think ponzi schemes, lotto, gambling and other get rich schemes thrive here, do you know how many people lost their money to MMM and other such pyramid schemes?
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by ndcide(m): 9:57am On Apr 17, 2017
Suddenly, it's no longer the leadership question
It's no longer about failed leadership.

Because an abokki is power. If not, the hunger would have been blamed on the president, particularly, GEJ.

This is the truth.
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 17, 2017
vislabraye:

There are people who live in block of flats. How do they start rearing goats or pigs or plant cassava? The Sultan is also admitting that he's also lazy. But guess what, he folds him arm in his palace and money still enters into his account.

They can relocate to their villages for a start
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 17, 2017
sarrki:

Madam let me educate you

You know you are 100% here, morning, noon and night even during holidays, please go back and get facts.

This information you have stated here is not too correct no matter the percentage, developed countries and developing countries don't use subsistence agriculture to build GDP.
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 17, 2017
Is this statement really correct? Are 100 percent of Nigerians lazy?

What do these guys know about hardwork, they ve lived in privilege and affluence, they re out of touch with their environment.

They just eat the fruits of other peoples labour, and have no right to cast aspersions or insult the collective intelligence of nigerians.

He should stop comparing Nigeria to his hareem.
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by pizzylee(m): 9:58am On Apr 17, 2017
when choosing d next sultan, wisdom shld b a criteria. Nigerians r more hardworking Dan other pple In other countries n those countries r still developed.an average Nigerian can survive n fend for himself anywhere
......so it's no longer abt d failed leadership n leaders embazzling ridiculous amounts of money

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by adontcare(f): 9:59am On Apr 17, 2017
Maybe d sultan should leave his throne and be a true leader by example. He sits dia n judge because he has people serving and working for him. Nigerians are very hardworking and patient. Let him take cutlass and how to d farm.
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by DavidEsq(m): 9:59am On Apr 17, 2017
odduduwa:
just as you couldn't resist 250k from BMC rubbish ,go and tell that useless sultan that he is very stupid
Tel dat punk grin

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by emu22(m): 10:00am On Apr 17, 2017
Nigerians are not lazy,our leaders are bad and evil.Create that enabling environment there's nothing a Nigerian can't do.
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 17, 2017
petitejolie:

ure very funny sha. cos u even had 80k to start something dats y ure talking. be in d shoes of dose DAT are not guaranteed 300 naira to buy a derica of rice of which so many piple fall under dis category den u will know watsup. is it wen u avnt eaten u will b tinking of farming for profits? ask d sultan how many piple he's empowered for sufficient farming nd how he's contributing to agriculture in large scale o. pls go nd tank God for ur life. not everyone is DAT opportuned nd dey re struggling in dier own ways

My dear if everyone starts a poultry who will buy from who?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Difference Between Being Black In The Uk And Being Black In The Us / Criminals Building Camps In Edo Forests — Oba Of Benin / Fulani People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.