Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan (20945 Views)

Amir, Sultan Of Sokoto’s Son Had Accident After ‘Getting High On Codeine’ / "We Are Hungry" - Umar Faruq, The Emir Of Daura / Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by nwaiwucharles(m): 10:05am On Apr 17, 2017
Oga alhaji short up for saying this shit, u ar an underground illiterate
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by petitejolie(f): 10:08am On Apr 17, 2017
unclezuma:

My dear if everyone starts a poultry who will buy from who?
lol! idealess, senseless, set of piple
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Bluffly: 10:09am On Apr 17, 2017
There is a difference between hardworking and productivity
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by loomer: 10:11am On Apr 17, 2017
sarrki:
Many will come and rain insult on his eminence

What he's saying is we can do small farming for our immediate family

That we should look beyond white collar job

Oga keep quiet, Nigerians are not lazy, our leaders include that man are all selfish.

You want people to be farmers, yet u won't help them with mechanized farming?

U expect make people still dey use hoe and cutlass farm?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Codes151(m): 10:23am On Apr 17, 2017
This man just likes media!!! Talk n talk and forget he's part of the problem of nigeria!! Oga cbn govt wer no fit account for the money during his time!!!

All he does is talk to cover up his ass!!

" I told gej, 100b was missing" as if he wasn't the cbn bank oga!!

Well, next time I see u on the news I will put u in your place
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by bundle33: 10:27am On Apr 17, 2017
The sultan of Sokoto is saying rubbish..people in rural area are deprive of social amenities and people in the city are also neglected...are u telling me that those people in rural area are not farming when all those mechanised farming tools are not provided for them to ease their production not to talk of new people going to start farming....Kontinue deceiving urself and those who care to listened...To me and my own opinion PMB is a calamities that ever befall Nigeria....#RUBBISH#

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by timsucess(m): 10:27am On Apr 17, 2017
Kingsley10000:
Nigerians are chronically lazy.....if we can embrace agriculture with the little capital we have,things wouldn't be this bad....i started broiler/foreign turkey production with just 80k in 2015,now 'm a millionaire

can please mentor me
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by jbaby265(f): 10:28am On Apr 17, 2017
Apologies to the guys whose pm I have not replied over a year now.. Due to circumstances beyond my control pls check your email I have responded to all.. God bless you
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by swedbase(m): 10:31am On Apr 17, 2017
Idiotic sultan . They blamed Jonathan for every problem Nigeria had. Now the masses has to be blamed because their brother is in charge. Nomore government is not doing this and that right.
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Originalsly: 10:33am On Apr 17, 2017
freeze001:

It is that small, subsistence agriculture for immediate family that breeds poverty. Is food the only requirement for survival? Will people not progress beyond food for the stomach? Even for d food can one grow everything? Will u not buy others like fish, meat, oil etc? Will they not wear clothes, buy electronics, raise children et al?

The Sultan's reasoning and yours are myopic. Basic agriculture gets one nowhere in the long run, it is the commercial industrialization that makes it viable and rakes in the income. That is where the government must come in and see to it that agriculture becomes viable at the highest possible level. Herdsmen remain backward in their nomadic style and continue causing havoc n mayhem yet we're nowhere near the top exporters of beef n milk. We even import those items!
Hmmm.... evidence of what the Sultan is talking about. ...... you're one that would be hungry because you wouldn't plant a seed or raise a few chickens.... unless it's on a "commercial industrialization " scale.
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by UgojiC(m): 10:34am On Apr 17, 2017
sarrki:

Madam let me educate you
Agriculture is the main source of national income for most developing countries. However, for the developed countries, agriculture contributes a smaller per cent age to their national income. Agricultural sector provides fodder for domestic animals .Cow provides people with milk which is a form of protective food.

Good point, but but I want to ask you if you can estimate how many cows can feed 170 million persons. Secondly most rural areas in developed countries are basically their agricultural stronghold. The sultan is right but who goes to farm in this age with cutlass and hoes not to talk about insecurity issues caused by herdsmen. My advice to him (sultan) is to also support agric movement right from his locality it will go a long way.
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by seguno2: 10:35am On Apr 17, 2017
Love Machine:
What is he doing at the moment?

Talking nonsense in order to keep getting his own share of the national cake that is baked in the oil spill ovens of the Niger Delta by oyinbo people who are not mentally lazy hence have developed machines to explore & exploit the crude oil.
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by lilytender: 10:38am On Apr 17, 2017
All you fools that read only the heading without going through the write up in order to see the Sultan's points. You hungry idiots now come to the cyberspace to abuse your fathers and mothers thinking that you are abusing the Sultan. This same Sultan, your parents and even your state governors will prostrate when they are fortunate to meet him. Here, take the last two fuccks I have left.

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 17, 2017
This Man Should Stop insulting our collective intelligence. does he know d meaning of hard work.
well g dont blame him, he was born with silver spoon, he is out of touch with reality and believes servcing his over bloated harem is hard work.
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by ReubenE(m): 10:59am On Apr 17, 2017
freeze001:

It is that small, subsistence agriculture for immediate family that breeds poverty. Is food the only requirement for survival? Will people not progress beyond food for the stomach? Even for d food can one grow everything? Will u not buy others like fish, meat, oil etc? Will they not wear clothes, buy electronics, raise children et al?

The Sultan's reasoning and yours are myopic. Basic agriculture gets one nowhere in the long run, it is the commercial industrialization that makes it viable and rakes in the income. That is where the government must come in and see to it that agriculture becomes viable at the highest possible level. Herdsmen remain backward in their nomadic style and continue causing havoc n mayhem yet we're nowhere near the top exporters of beef n milk. We even import those items!
bless you for the above.
The Sultan is just trying to seize the moment.

What he said is a rhetoric of failed leaders trying to attribute their failure to the people.
If we must all grow our food, develop ourselves all round, then what is the essence of government and the Nigerian state?

So far, government has not been able to put in place even the prerequisites for self development, so what are we talking about?

Sultan should go and ask the President, NASS members, himself, how they grow their food. Maybe that will help explain why they are not hungry....
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Escobar7(m): 11:00am On Apr 17, 2017
Nigeria isn't ready for growth as predicted by Aminu Kano.
All the mechanism of running this country are based on low level,pennywise pound foolish mentality and a good dose of greed. Who doesn't know with the the rights farm implements, good seeds,and market for the products,any region can be a major producer of whatever thrives on their land.
We shout agriculture all day long, and like the Warriors of old shove clubs and matchets to milling soldiers to fight. If we see how develop countries do it by making available all the needed materials and market for both direct sale and processing,we also can do it,not waiting for only private hands.The people the Sultan wants to go to the farm cannot overcome hunger with a cutlass and hoe and a large expanse of land. The monies accruing to the govt can establish depots in every state to clear farm produce for export if they make every state have enough machines ,good seeds and depots to purchase the farm produce from the farmers, and then see if the ones you call lazy would not come out and do exploits for their success in life.
But what we have is a mediocre attempt at agriculture,politicized handling of policies driving agriculture and increased difficulty for farmers to access facilities to do farming,not toiling. The government of the day and growth driven elites can make this work if they want to, not this way people slave for less and still be hungry...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by freeze001(f): 11:08am On Apr 17, 2017
Originalsly:
Hmmm.... evidence of what the Sultan is talking about. ...... you're one that would be hungry because you wouldn't plant a seed or raise a few chickens.... unless it's on a "commercial industrialization " scale.

Can u plant and rear everything u eat? A few seeds and chickens will only feed a family or 2 with hardly anything left to sell. They still need condiments and other basic stuff which they must buy. If the same agriculture is not operated on a scale to provide sufficient cash how will d family bent on planting n raising a few grains n chickens pay fees or medical bills? How about clothing? How do those without land get employment even in agro-allied industries in order to work n earn a living?

There is a big picture that must be captured and engaged holistically and d government plays a major role in this regard. Until u n ur kind like d Sultan grasp this concept, u will not appreciate the futility of subsistence agriculture in d long run.

Quick question: Exactly how many grains n chickens does d Sultan produce that affords him n his family their affluent lifestyle?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by worldobededom: 11:30am On Apr 17, 2017
Nigerians are hard working in all ramifications, just that we r bn treated unfairly by d ruling class.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Krisddon: 11:36am On Apr 17, 2017
sarrki:
Many will come and rain insult on his eminence

What he's saying is we can do small farming for our immediate family

That we should look beyond white collar job
Eminence kor Eminem ni! So, this administration took over and Nigerians suddenly became lazy abi? If this was said by an ordinary citizen, ur likes would spit fire but since na from above, him correct. Wedon!
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by iaatmguy(m): 11:45am On Apr 17, 2017
Kingsley10000:
Nigerians are chronically lazy.....if we can embrace agriculture with the little capital we have,things wouldn't be this bad....i started broiler/foreign turkey production with just 80k in 2015,now 'm a millionaire
lie from the pit of hell
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by pat077: 11:52am On Apr 17, 2017
and the political class are rich because they are.. .. ... ..
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Legitbaba(m): 11:53am On Apr 17, 2017
[quote author=Pidgin2 post=55640699]

Majority of us are lazy, period! Why else do you think ponzi schemes, lotto, gambling and other get rich schemes thrive here, do you know how many people lost their money to MMM and other such pyramid schemes?

Ponzi schemes thrive not basically because the people are lazy...Ponzi schemes were successful because of some greedy and ignorant pple..I know some working class pple who took part in these Ponzi schemes, u can't say it's because they are all lazy
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by wink2015(m): 11:58am On Apr 17, 2017
Although there are people who are lazy and who do not want to work. However, there are people who want to develop themselves but the harsh environment in Nigeria makes that near impossible.

Take for example, if I want to start a farm how can I get land freely to start a farm if I lack the initial capital to rent a land or buy a land.?

There are structures in Nigeria that make things extra harder for a starter in Nigeria? That is what I want the Sultan of Sokoto to understand.

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Nobody: 12:00pm On Apr 17, 2017
It is a good thing if home owners try to have a yard with small garden where they can plant things like tomatoes, pepper etc etc... It's a very good hobby. Those who have the strength for farm work can go ahead to do so... I concur
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Lumig: 12:16pm On Apr 17, 2017
I was angry with the caption until I read through... I think to be sincere the Sultan is right to some extent, we have all turned ourselves to dependants - not able to do anything unless government come our aid
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Bishop(m): 12:18pm On Apr 17, 2017
When half of the working population in sokoto are beggars,what a wise word from the sultan,
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by SycophanticGoat: 12:19pm On Apr 17, 2017
sarrki:

Madam let me educate you
Agriculture is the main source of national income for most developing countries. However, for the developed countries, agriculture contributes a smaller per cent age to their national income. Agricultural sector provides fodder for domestic animals .Cow provides people with milk which is a form of protective food.

This guy has got to be the dull*st human being ever created. You claim to educate her with this watery faecal deposit you spilled here while in actual sense, you said absolutely nothing; and in no way relates to or addressed the point raised by the brilliant comment by @freeze001

To think that you're being paid a whooping 250k to defend this government actually depicts the true nature of this government. Incompetence and dumbness breads catastrophe and APC and their minions are beyond are good examples of what any form of government (be it democracy, autocracy, monarchy, anarchy, etc.) shouldn't be..
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Nigeriadondie: 12:31pm On Apr 17, 2017
When the goats in power eat our yams you now insult us and say we are lazy. What about millions of Nigerian civil servant who wake up early to work and countless others who work for private firms many of which u see one person doing ten persons job but yet impoverish them by owing them salaries due to them. You dont even pay them well and d little u pay u owe them. U this useless Sultan what is your job? If not that u are govt payroll as a useless traditional ruler where wud u ve been? What economic value do you add than to sit in a palace you never sweat to build? So Saraki, Dino and others who steal our public funds meant for all are rich cos they are hard working?
I respect older people but if an older person refuse to respect other then u dont deserve respect as it is reciprocal. If u insulted poor Nigerians who are victims of mindless corruption by a wicked few then u re a fool who reasons with his "abunna".
When people say go and get something to do they fail to sensibly recognize that u can never succeed or there's a limit to where u can go if the govt doesn't play its part.
1. For example, u own a hairdressing salon but cos govt has failed to provide power operating costs is high eating deep into my profit. So wud u expect individual to establish functional power plants which is govt's responsibility?
2. I own a transport company with vehicles in my fleet but cos of bad roads I spend a lot of fixing broken shafts, shock absorbers etc threatening d survival of my firm. So I should now construct roads abi and I claim to ve a govt.
3.I own a farm in a village and laboured to till my farm with little or no input from a very useless govt but due to bad roads my farm produce may even get spoilt due to delays from trucks broken down on bad roads. So na me go build road abi?
4. I manage to hustle open my shop pay my rent, hustle to fill my shop with goods yet council will kill my business with multiple tax, radio licence, tv licence even if i ve none of them in my shop, business permit etc after govt fail to give me work and u say i am lazy after u killed my business with multiple tax. Like in Yoruba land when Oba dies they will extort money from me in addition to these multiple tax and u say I am lazy, thunder fire ur mouth with dumbness.
5. I manage to build my house without any mortgage or even an iota of support from d govt yet after omo nile chop money from foundation level to roofing level u come charge me with tenement rate and other charges for services u will never rendered as I will sink borehole to provide myself with water, buy, fuel and service gen for electricity in addition to bills NEPA wants me to pay for darkness, fence and install security systems cos my govt cant protect me and u say I am lazy. Sultan u re senseless.
5.You say we should invest in Nigeria, we try to do but u make dollars unavailable for us to buy needed machineries or parts to maintain ones we ve, to clear from the ports ones we shipped and if the items were perishable we run at a loss with no form of insurance or compensation in addition to poor infrastructure and u say we are lazy. Sultan thunder fire u for ur throne.
Govt at all levels has failed and will continue to fail as d situation is hopeless. The welfare and security of the citizens shall be d primary responsibilty of d govt as d constitution says but we know say all that na yarn. People should really understand that govt can make or mar it citizens and can decide the limits one can go. I know what I am saying havibg travelled and lived in and out of that useless country. The downtrodden people of Nigeria should not be blamed except for being docile and not being united as one to call to account a few goats eating our yams
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by discusant: 12:34pm On Apr 17, 2017
No Nigerian was born to be lazy or corrupt, Sultan of Sokoto;

it is the rigged political structure and governance system created by soldiers from Sultan's north to favour the north which make Nigerians lazy and corrupt.

Let's break up Nigeria into more manageable countries; after that, laziness and corruption shall drastically reduce.

By breaking up Nigeria, we salvage the nearly 170,000000 humanity programmed by foreigners to languish in one dysfunctional Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by bejeria101(m): 12:59pm On Apr 17, 2017
Mr bandaged head,speak for yourself,learn to use your brain if you have one or download the app. Oponu
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by martinsrichie(m): 1:10pm On Apr 17, 2017
His Opinion your headache , carry go and see where it' get you.

I gat no worries!! !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ajimobi Presents Certificate To Adetunji, Olubadan Of Ibadan / Fulani People / Osaara Festival In Ile-Ife, Ooni Ogunwusi Feature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.