Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,908 members, 7,814,069 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan (20941 Views)

Amir, Sultan Of Sokoto’s Son Had Accident After ‘Getting High On Codeine’ / "We Are Hungry" - Umar Faruq, The Emir Of Daura / Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:57am On Apr 17, 2017
All these northern leaders are doing is stoking the embers of anger among the people and they don't know it yet.
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by CyberGypsy(m): 8:57am On Apr 17, 2017
Well Shayo na Bastard oo!
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by ekensi01: 8:58am On Apr 17, 2017
Wonderful having the guts to say such things to me.
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by frubben(m): 9:00am On Apr 17, 2017
Xavier9ja:
The sultan is saying the bitter truth. Nigerians keep blaming the government for all their misfortune. I personally have an uncle who is lazy, he does not have any form of formal education, he don't pay tax in any form but he is good at sitting at home listening to radio and blaming the government. He'll always say " they are using OUR money to buy car". I'll just look at him and say "oga u dey pay tax" ( but na inside my mind I dey talk am sha). We should blame the government 20% and use 80% of our time to work hard and be innovative

No offense but what on planet earth are u saying for God sake. Ever heard of direct and indirect tax.
No road
No light

And u want farming to flourish huh?

Ur uncle no dey pay light bill
That radio Ur uncle is listening to he paid indirect tax

Nigerians are d most hard working people on earth forget this lazy talk from the emir

As an emir wetin b e function for the country other than to pocket large some of money.

Guy mind urself

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by AreaFada2: 9:00am On Apr 17, 2017
Maybe the Sultan came across as generalising but he's certainly correct in many ways.

Laziness prevented our leaders from investing in diversifying the economy and mechanizing agriculture to produce food and ensure food security.

Petroleum spoilt everything, instead of being a blessing as in places with sensible leaders.

Before you know it, many of the youths now find agriculture to hard and dirty. Which bleaching slay queen would go to farm these days? Which city boy wearing Chelsea, Barcelona & ManU shirt up and down will go clear forest to grow yam? Meanwhile they are jobless, penniless and like to eat food from the farm.

We now want easy money. And office jobs that are not forthcoming. Many jobless people in the cities have no business there. There are arable land in their ancestral villages. In the end we have many social issue: area boys, yahoo yahoo, thieves, robbers, ritual killers, etc. Trying to survive in the city jungles.
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by SalamRushdie: 9:01am On Apr 17, 2017
freeze001:

It is that small, subsistence agriculture for immediate family that breeds poverty. Is food the only requirement for survival? Will people not progress beyond food for the stomach? Even for d food can one grow everything? Will u not buy others like fish, meat, oil etc? Will they not wear clothes, buy electronics, raise children et al?

The Sultan's reasoning and yours are myopic. Basic agriculture gets one nowhere in the long run, it is the commercial industrialization that makes it viable and rakes in the income. That is where the government must come in and see to it that agriculture becomes viable at the highest possible level. Herdsmen remain backward in their nomadic style and continue causing havoc n mayhem yet we're nowhere near the top exporters of beef n milk. We even import those items!

Excellent response ..Respect

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by princemartinsG(m): 9:02am On Apr 17, 2017
The Sultan is apt in his submission

We Nigerians are just lazy

Lazy physically and mentally being reason why we have thirst for easy and fast money and can not muster the courage to confront and stand against slavemasters who claim to be our leaders

We are only strong when it comes to looting and killing ourselves.

Simply put
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by AreaFada2: 9:03am On Apr 17, 2017
Maybe the Sultan came across as generalising but he's certainly correct in many ways. After there are elderly people and some youths farming and producing our food.

Laziness prevented our leaders from investing in diversifying the economy and mechanizing agriculture to produce food and ensure food security.
People like World1 on NL agric section show what youths can do with modern agric if determined.

Petroleum spoilt everything, instead of being a blessing as in places with sensible leaders.

Before you know it, many of the youths now find agriculture to hard and dirty. Which bleaching slay queen would go to farm these days? Which city boy wearing Chelsea, Barcelona & ManU shirt up and down will go clear forest to grow yam? Meanwhile they are jobless, penniless and like to eat food from the farm.

We now want easy money. And office jobs that are not forthcoming. Many jobless people in the cities have no business there. There are arable land in their ancestral villages. In the end we have many social issue: area boys, yahoo yahoo, thieves, robbers, ritual killers, etc. Trying to survive in the city jungles.
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Denery143(m): 9:03am On Apr 17, 2017
Sultan of Sokoto ur fadah.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Guyman02: 9:04am On Apr 17, 2017
sarrki:
Many will come and rain insult on his eminence

What he's saying is we can do small farming for our immediate family

That we should look beyond white collar job

Who asked for your interpretation when we could read. We on this forum aren't Almajiris who depends on Mallams like you to explain the simplest things to them
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 17, 2017
sarrki:

Just like he is doing for his family, right?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by magoo10(m): 9:05am On Apr 17, 2017
seguno2:

Do you also hustle for your community?
Or can your family be a lone island of prosperity in your community?
Charity begins at home, if every family can be as hard working as mine the better for the society at large .
and please stop quoting me I never mentioned your name.
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by goshen26: 9:07am On Apr 17, 2017
OP can lie for Africa oooo, why did u change d topic?

The topic is "Northerners are lazy"

Cos I can't c more hard working people than Nigeria, even international world attest to this...
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by okechukwu101: 9:07am On Apr 17, 2017
I agree Nigerians are lazy but why can't the government provide basic amenities like good road, housing and electricity. So who is now the lazier group, the leaders or the led? I see hypocrites everywhere.
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 17, 2017
sir you are very right... Nigerians are Lazy. you will see graduate of agric faculty looking for white colar job.. dy are just too lazy to practicalize wat dy are been thought in school..
u will see young strong guys looking for how to make quick money online without work. I just pity una, becos dere is no food for lazy people
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by repogirl(f): 9:08am On Apr 17, 2017
sarrki:

Madam let me educate you
Agriculture is the main source of national income for most developing countries. However, for the developed countries, agriculture contributes a smaller per cent age to their national income. Agricultural sector provides fodder for domestic animals .Cow provides people with milk which is a form of protective food.
Sorry to say, but its you who needs education.

Instead of this your pay per postpost business, why not depend on farming for your immediate family since you are not a lazy Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by abbeyty(m): 9:09am On Apr 17, 2017
He forgot to say that corruption contributes more to this hunger more than laziness..still looking for the ownER of that billions of Naira or he is going to tell us that a worker who has been owing several months salary is lazy when there is no money to buy food

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by seguno2: 9:13am On Apr 17, 2017
magoo10:

Charity begins at home, if every family can be as hard working as mine the better for the society at large .
and please stop quoting me I never mentioned your name.

Do you pay all your taxes and rates fully to the local government authorities and state plus federal as appropriate?
If you don't, how will your family's hard work magically translate to a better society at large?
If you don't want to be quoted, restrict your comments to the diary section.
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by goodnews777: 9:14am On Apr 17, 2017
Guam !!! This man again is right. NIGERIANS are lazy butts. Full stop .
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Okies27(m): 9:14am On Apr 17, 2017
sarrki:

http://www.leadership.ng/news/581681/nigerians-are-hungry-because-they-are-lazy-sultan

. The northerner are the laziest people and that is the reason we have a lot of them begging across the country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by TheLogicalMind(m): 9:14am On Apr 17, 2017
sarrki:

Madam let me educate you
Agriculture is the main source of national income for most developing countries. However, for the developed countries, agriculture contributes a smaller per cent age to their national income. Agricultural sector provides fodder for domestic animals .Cow provides people with milk which is a form of protective food.

Point of correction my dear northern dimwit: Organised, mechanised agriculture is the main source of income for SOME not ALL developing countries. Not subsistence farming which only brings in peanuts. Subsistence farming is just what the name implies: It is self-sufficiency farming in which the farmers focus on growing enough food to feed themselves and their families. The output is mostly for local requirements with little or no surplus trade. In other words, no nation has ever developed itself purely from the proceeds of the subsistence agriculture that you and your moronic sultan are advocating.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Tunbolity(m): 9:15am On Apr 17, 2017
“Yes, there is hunger in the country, but we have been so much lazy to tackle the issue, as we always depend on government and other wealthy individuals to assist us"

The above quoted as said by the Sultan is only applicable to the North. We don't depend on government to help us in SW, all we demand is infrastructural development to enable our businesses strive and ensure prompt payment of salary for those who are working for government. How do we run after wealthy individuals for help when we hardly have access to their residences? I know of a truth that in the North,wealthy people throw their gates open for both conventional and corporate almajiris hence, I think the Sultan meant the North when he said Nigerians
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by BanevsJoker(m): 9:16am On Apr 17, 2017
sarrki:

Dude, is BMC blue collar?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Eldee54321(m): 9:16am On Apr 17, 2017
I know now when politicians are given u money without even working for it...why won't u talk rubbish outta ur mouth...My eminence think twice ooooo...we are all hard working ppl buh everything is becoming more n more expensive everyday

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Nobody: 9:16am On Apr 17, 2017
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by gbegemaster(m): 9:17am On Apr 17, 2017
Monalisa185:

you and your eminence are lazy

No offense
Accurate

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by ephi123(f): 9:17am On Apr 17, 2017
freeze001:

It is that small, subsistence agriculture for immediate family that breeds poverty. Is food the only requirement for survival? Will people not progress beyond food for the stomach? Even for d food can one grow everything? Will u not buy others like fish, meat, oil etc? Will they not wear clothes, buy electronics, raise children et al?

The Sultan's reasoning and yours are myopic. Basic agriculture gets one nowhere in the long run, it is the commercial industrialization that makes it viable and rakes in the income. That is where the government must come in and see to it that agriculture becomes viable at the highest possible level. Herdsmen remain backward in their nomadic style and continue causing havoc n mayhem yet we're nowhere near the top exporters of beef n milk. We even import those items!

Very intelligent response. Well said.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Reference(m): 9:17am On Apr 17, 2017
100 percent agree. Hunger can only be caused by laziness that sits at the bar with ignorance sipping from the mug of poverty. That is the summary of Nigeria. They claim corruption is the cause, but I have never seen a wealthy man (not rich man) become poor because his bacon was stolen. Like the tropical elephant grass he may be cut down in summer and burnt to ashes in autumn, but at the first scent of the spring rains he sprouts again. That is the Briton, Amercian, Korean, Chinese but can anyone explain how the Nigerian has progressively decayed, degraded and diminished steadily since independence....under both military and civilian rule, democratic and autocratic leadership, kleptomaniacs and 'frugalitarians' and across all tribes, tongues and temperances....if not the common denominator.... the lazy, pig headed, criminally minded, ignoramus called the Nigerian....
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Pylony(m): 9:17am On Apr 17, 2017
Sultan Shokotoh grin weh don sa
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by stopit: 9:17am On Apr 17, 2017
This leaders are clowns[b][/b]
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by iluvpomo(m): 9:17am On Apr 17, 2017
All these Sultans/Emirs/Chiefs titles etc should eventually all be eliminated. They all chop as much as our elected officials!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Criminals Building Camps In Edo Forests — Oba Of Benin / Ajimobi Presents Certificate To Adetunji, Olubadan Of Ibadan / Fulani People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.