Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,425 members, 7,954,667 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:15 AM

Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! (34992 Views)

How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? / Rocks Quest FM/TV Presenters Sacked Over Sexual Harassment / Be Careful Where You Sit At Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 22, 2017
MarieSucre:

I'm sorry but that is a bad excuse. There is something we can do about it. We must continue trying, keep on persevering till the issue is raised to the fore in all forms of media.
Let us not wait till it becomes an epidemic.

Dear trying to stop it is like trying to stop corruption in Nigeria.
You can't tell me such issues has never been raised on the media. It's shiit that happens in every know organization, it can be tame in sane countries, but not NIGERIA, NOT NIGERIA I repeat.

NIGERIA IS A LAWLESS COUNTRY

1 Like

Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by DexterousOne(m): 6:15pm On Apr 22, 2017
VanBommel:
you're still not making sense undecided

Don't mind that mugu

Running her mouth yet she knows nothing

1 Like

Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by numericalguy(m): 7:17pm On Apr 22, 2017
Aimosagie:

Lol..because it is absolutely impossible to rape a man except his body truly wants it. He needs to be hard for a woman to even attempt the rape in the first place, and he needs to be sexually turned on by whatever he sees or feel. This isn't the same for the woman and we all know this. So even if there is something like sexually assaulting a man, it's hard to believe a man can be raped if we're honest with ourselves.

You are a very horrible and evil thing. I pray you and your daughters will be mercilessly and repeatedly raped.

I pray you are raped till you die a horrible death.

1 Like

Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by VanBommel(m): 8:12pm On Apr 22, 2017
MarieSucre:

Stop encouraging rape. Did he consent to the bj? Tufia
I'm not encouraging rape if you've been following my replies. Read well cool
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by babasolution: 11:24pm On Apr 22, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

When you get gang raped,come back and make this statement.

is it real girls to gang rape a man jeez,i dnt think it can happen nt to a real man like me,mayb to pussies
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:28pm On Apr 22, 2017
babasolution:

is it real
girls to gang rape a man
jeez,i dnt think it can happen
nt to a real man like me,mayb to pussies

After the first ejaculation,you will know your dick can ejaculate blood....You will beg for your life.... Just wait and see....That thing you're looking for you will see it,.. and you will cry like a wimp.
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by babasolution: 11:29pm On Apr 22, 2017
khalids:

Another virgin spotted.....Men I'm going to have a field day today.
See person talking about masculinity......even your speech process shows you are a baby
Which real man even uses that word "MASCULINITY"........Lol

you are a pussy,like most nairaland guys,see men crying rape like pussies,gosh...these nairaland guys are a bunch of weak emasculated pussies.how can a man be crying about rape from a woman? how can a woman ever rape a man,jeez
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by babasolution: 11:48pm On Apr 22, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

After the first ejaculation,you will know your dick can ejaculate blood....You will beg for your life.... Just wait and see....That thing you're looking for you will see it,.. and you will cry like a wimp.

looool,it seems u have been gang raped before .wow ,so sorry,u are probably a pussy
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:50pm On Apr 22, 2017
babasolution:

looool,it seems u have been gang raped before .wow ,so sorry,u are probably a pussy

No I haven't....But I knew someone like you.... andhe has never remained the same.
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by babasolution: 11:56pm On Apr 22, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

No I haven't....But I knew someone like you.... andhe has never remained the same.

not like me oo,i can never be raped by a woman,let me ask?? how do the women perform the rape,if she has a gun ,i'll rather die,if they are a bunch of women with no weapons,i will over power them all,only a pussyman can get raped
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:02am On Apr 23, 2017
babasolution:

not like me oo,i can never be raped by a woman,let me ask?? how do the women perform the rape,if she has a gun ,i'll rather die,if they are a bunch of women with no weapons,i will over power them all,only a pussyman can get raped

You're a virgin hahahahahaha it's obvious now, dude has never seen pussy in his life.... grin

You're allowed to be ignorant grin

You're indeed a man!!!.... Carry on Mr Man... aka Na Man You Be. grin

1 Like

Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by babasolution: 12:07am On Apr 23, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

You're a virgin hahahahahaha it's obvious now, dude has never seen pussy in his life.... grin

tru bro,am a virgin,buh i still maintain,i cant be raped,cos i no go gree enter woman wey i no wan enter
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:10am On Apr 23, 2017
babasolution:

tru bro,am a virgin,buh i still maintain,i cant be raped,cos i no go gree enter woman wey i no wan enter

You're a virgin, end of discussion

1 Like

Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by babasolution: 12:10am On Apr 23, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

mayb gang of girls wan rape me now as a virgin,how he go work? cos i have been with women that couldnt jus arouse me
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by babasolution: 12:13am On Apr 23, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

You're a virgin, end of discussion

to be virgin no b bad thing for me oo,i am nt ashamed to be a virgin if thats what u think,buh u still a pussy if u think a woman can rape u
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:17am On Apr 23, 2017
babasolution:

mayb gang of girls wan rape me now as a virgin,how he go work? cos i have been with women that couldnt jus arouse me

Be like you no know say your dick get mind of hin own, lol except you're impotent.
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by babasolution: 12:31am On Apr 23, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Be like you no know say your dick get mind of hin own, lol except you're impotent.

no b everybody be like u,probably why i maintained my virginity till this age,cos i have huge control over my dick,i dnt get aroused anyhow,infact pussy irritates me,i love it that way cos,i dnt idolize pussy like most men,that is why u nairaland guys talk like chicks because pussy control u
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by khalids: 1:02am On Apr 23, 2017
babasolution:

you are a pussy,like most nairaland guys,see men crying rape like pussies,gosh...these nairaland guys are a bunch of weak emasculated pussies.how can a man be crying about rape from a woman? how can a woman ever rape a man,jeez
Anyway....you are still young.....so much you will learn in life.....Enjoy your journey
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by mikolo80: 1:09am On Apr 23, 2017
CareerHubAfrica:
Google ‘Sexual Harassment in the Workplace’ and you will discover that 90 percent of the image results you see depicts a woman being harassed by a man.

Women are 9 times more vulnerable to sexual harassment at work than men. This may be true, but have you ever stopped to think how often men are subjected to such things?

Sexual harassment is an unwanted sexual advance or request for sexual favor usually done physically or verbally. It can be from boss to subordinate, supervisor to subordinate or even co-worker to co-worker. Sexual harassment is a silent epidemic that has eaten deep into the Nigerian workplace. Actually, it has become so common that people are beginning to see it as a norm. Statements like these have become the order of the day – “As long as there is a boss and a subordinate somewhere, irrespective of gender, there will always be sexual harassment”. “It is normal”. “Don’t make a big deal out of it”. To make it worse, the economic situation of the country makes many succumb to harassment, even when they find it disturbing. They refuse to speak up for fear of losing their jobs.

Undoubtedly, men are responsible for a good number of sexual harassment in the workplace. But men are also targets and victims of this same menace, and we often forget that. Maybe it seems like it doesn’t exist because most men actually deal with the harassment head on and then shrug it off. Let me give you a typical scenario.

Jane, a female staff of a small food processing company, harassed a new intern assigned to work with her department. She constantly made snide comments and asked him offensive questions like “How large is your pen***”.

At some point, she started taking it as far as groping him whenever they were alone in the office. This intern tried many times to tell her off nicely but she wouldn’t oblige. He dealt with it silently and never reported her to the authorities because he had seen her couple of times going in and out of the CEO’s office at odd times including after work hours. He thinks she is actually sleeping with the boss and if he reports this, he would be out the door before you say jack!

This is just one of many scenarios, cases like this go on in our workplaces on a daily basis. Harassment is the same, be it to a male or female and should be treated the same. The disturbing experience of harassment leaves the victim often frustrated, depressed and angry. As it is considered normal office culture, many people who go through this don’t feel confident that the problem is big enough for them to speak up.

What can we do to eradicate this bug eating itself through our workplaces?

Nigeria does not have very stringent rules with regards sexual harassment. Some people think reporting harassment cases is completely useless. Because even those you are reporting to are somewhat guilty of the same offence and you might end up with nothing or even lose the job.

So what can we do to stop this?

What do you suggest? Leave your comments below.

Article on our blog - https:///IO1xzw
camera d harasser and obtain d idiot or endure
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by mikolo80: 1:09am On Apr 23, 2017
CareerHubAfrica:
Google ‘Sexual Harassment in the Workplace’ and you will discover that 90 percent of the image results you see depicts a woman being harassed by a man.

Women are 9 times more vulnerable to sexual harassment at work than men. This may be true, but have you ever stopped to think how often men are subjected to such things?

Sexual harassment is an unwanted sexual advance or request for sexual favor usually done physically or verbally. It can be from boss to subordinate, supervisor to subordinate or even co-worker to co-worker. Sexual harassment is a silent epidemic that has eaten deep into the Nigerian workplace. Actually, it has become so common that people are beginning to see it as a norm. Statements like these have become the order of the day – “As long as there is a boss and a subordinate somewhere, irrespective of gender, there will always be sexual harassment”. “It is normal”. “Don’t make a big deal out of it”. To make it worse, the economic situation of the country makes many succumb to harassment, even when they find it disturbing. They refuse to speak up for fear of losing their jobs.

Undoubtedly, men are responsible for a good number of sexual harassment in the workplace. But men are also targets and victims of this same menace, and we often forget that. Maybe it seems like it doesn’t exist because most men actually deal with the harassment head on and then shrug it off. Let me give you a typical scenario.

Jane, a female staff of a small food processing company, harassed a new intern assigned to work with her department. She constantly made snide comments and asked him offensive questions like “How large is your pen***”.

At some point, she started taking it as far as groping him whenever they were alone in the office. This intern tried many times to tell her off nicely but she wouldn’t oblige. He dealt with it silently and never reported her to the authorities because he had seen her couple of times going in and out of the CEO’s office at odd times including after work hours. He thinks she is actually sleeping with the boss and if he reports this, he would be out the door before you say jack!

This is just one of many scenarios, cases like this go on in our workplaces on a daily basis. Harassment is the same, be it to a male or female and should be treated the same. The disturbing experience of harassment leaves the victim often frustrated, depressed and angry. As it is considered normal office culture, many people who go through this don’t feel confident that the problem is big enough for them to speak up.

What can we do to eradicate this bug eating itself through our workplaces?

Nigeria does not have very stringent rules with regards sexual harassment. Some people think reporting harassment cases is completely useless. Because even those you are reporting to are somewhat guilty of the same offence and you might end up with nothing or even lose the job.

So what can we do to stop this?

What do you suggest? Leave your comments below.

Article on our blog - https:///IO1xzw
camera d harasser and obtain d idiot
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by mikolo80: 1:10am On Apr 23, 2017
M2dX:
When i still small , i saw things, nobody know till now.
gist us
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by mikolo80: 1:11am On Apr 23, 2017
YOUNGSTUNNA:
There's nothing we can do about it in Nigeria cuz you and me know that Nigeria is a lawless country.....

anyways this maybe useful

do you have skills, do you own a company, do you own a business, but you don't know how to promote it? you don't know who your targeted audience are? is your business crashing down?
Final Say Business Solutions is here for you...
Let us promote your business for you, let us connect you to clients all over the globe, let us revive that dying business/company for you...
Contact Final say Business Solution today and you'll be glad you did.
Call Michael for more info... 07031041675
who told you it's a lawless country. even Somalia gas laws. just that they are unwritten. find the laws find the redress.
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by mikolo80: 1:58am On Apr 23, 2017
Abduljohn:
I think the best way to eradicate this is to establish a law and government institution to deal with it. If their is no law where the victim isn't protected it ll continue but when law protects victim and institution prosecute it ll reduce but its difficult to eradicate unless the difference between the poor and the rich is reduced to a minimal.

I was a victim while working in an office. This was from 3 different ladies

1. Your lips is sexy I feel like kissing you the kind marathon fear ran in him pass Bolt ow.

2. She just hold my thing inside office and said I feel like feeling the strenght of this thing

3. This one cornered me. I went visiting but innocently ate and left all of me to leave her place a text I got was a kind of not being man enough to have visited a lady without giving her a dose of ur stuff.

Anyway its an experience that taught me lesson on pple around working place and its being years now
so no law against stray bullet, or police brutality, or robbery or kidnapping or corruption abi?
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by mikolo80: 2:01am On Apr 23, 2017
Aimosagie:

Lol..because it is absolutely impossible to rape a man except his body truly wants it. He needs to be hard for a woman to even attempt the rape in the first place, and he needs to be sexually turned on by whatever he sees or feel. This isn't the same for the woman and we all know this. So even if there is something like sexually assaulting a man, it's hard to believe a man can be raped if we're honest with ourselves.
clearly you've never been rimmed before
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by mikolo80: 2:02am On Apr 23, 2017
you are the unrefined bullcrap person.
more than you think
Nov more than women
2 out of 1000 is greater than 1 out of 1000
read
comprehend
think before you reply
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by mikolo80: 2:05am On Apr 23, 2017
missyadorable:
How can a man be complaining of sexual harrassment?
Men always want sex...Something they chase,spend money on,tell lies to get being offered on a platter of gold irrespective of the person or location is a plus

having sex with his boss/colleague at work is a mega achievement.Something to discuss with the guys at a bar over chilled beer and be applauded and envied by peers.

Unless a child under 18years,there is nothing like male sexual harrassment.
An invitation for sex is every man's dream.
Nov if the woman looks like multicolored bleached stretchmarks, varicose veins bulgy eyed no ass no hips no legs slippers boobs o. that's a Fredrick Kruger moment raght thar'
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by mikolo80: 2:06am On Apr 23, 2017
Aimosagie:

My guy.. gbagbe oshi jare.. which psychological trauma to a man is it that you are talking about?? Even on this nairaland, you see the guys commenting and begging to be sexually harassed so biko what are you saying? A man cannot be raped except he truly wants it.. whatever regret he feels later on (if there's any) is just his conscience eating at him. Sex is something a man sees as a trophy he just acquired.. another puna he has conquered and will brag about it to other guys who care to listen and who will still be weirdly envious of the dude's conquest. So I say again..my guy, gbagbe oshi.
if na you de harass no problem beht e get some mama wen no make sense
altho this your bad mouth fit no allow man prik stand sef
as in
if the woman looks like multicolored bleached stretchmarks, varicose veins bulgy eyedno ass no hips no legs slippers boobs o. that's a Fredrick Kruger moment raght thar'
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by mikolo80: 2:08am On Apr 23, 2017
jhudit:
Men are more sexually harassed?
Talk another story
They are harassed, but it can never be more than that of women.

Now people are claiming female bosses harass them, the same female bosses that are unnecessarily rude?
more than you think
Nov more than women
that's how you fail exam
jumping to conclusions like cane rat
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by mikolo80: 2:29am On Apr 23, 2017
Aimosagie:

Smh.. let's do a small test to the effect that a man cannot genuinely be raped..you guys are just basking under sexual harassment ish and blaming hormones for responding and entirely enjoying this harassment. Before nko? Is it not hormones that control every human person? So what's your excuse for not being able to keep it in check? Lol
Abeg for all those guys looking to be sexually assaulted, quote this comment and let's hook up.. forget the pretence of your fellow sons of man wink
I don quote with Tiri comma sef. mowu hook o
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by mikolo80: 2:30am On Apr 23, 2017
Ugosample:

Better leave that one

You obviouskt have no clue about what is happening..

Do You know how many married men are bullied to have sex with their female bosses against their will?

You people are probably teenagers talking here, go to the workplace,and see the harassment men AND women too go through, then you will not be talking like this
why is it only married men that get all the fun
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by mikolo80: 2:44am On Apr 23, 2017
mmsen:

How does one be 'brave' when someone is abusing their position at work and jeopardizing your livelihood?

How does someone be 'brave' when someone is spreading malicious rumors to undermine your position?

Your call for 'bravery' is a call for injustice and impunity to reign.
do you know what brave means at all
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by mmsen: 2:49am On Apr 23, 2017
mikolo80:
do you know what brave means at all

I do but clearly you do not.

You seem to know what injustice and discrimination mean. As well as immoral and thoughtless.

Nigeria clearly needs more like you...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Who Rehabilitated A Destitute Losses Her Job, See Her Reaction / Spy Nigeria Police / 7 Ways To Make Money Online Without Being Scammed…

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.