Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

How Do You Love Again After Being Hurt So Many Times - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Love Again After Being Hurt So Many Times (3117 Views)

Why Does It Hurt So Much?..............she Left. / My Dilemma-can I Find Love Again? / Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Love Again After Being Hurt So Many Times by ima1(f): 12:19am On Jan 26, 2007
How do you open your heart to Love again after being hurt so many times and being cheated on by someone you loved and gave all your heart to.
Re: How Do You Love Again After Being Hurt So Many Times by Douzy(m): 12:46am On Jan 26, 2007
First, take a break from the relationship stuff. Don't be in a rush to rush into another mess, because you would likely be sending out signals that are likely to attract the same type of guys. Try to be comfortable with yourself, with being single (for a while) and enjoy every 'freedom' that comes with that as much as you can afford to. Learn to love yourself for whom you are not for what others make you think you are. Put yourself before everyother. I repeat, "Put yourself before everyother!", no matter how selfish that may sound. Give yourself exotic treatments, if you know what I mean. Reconnect with your old 'good' friends. Learn some new skills.

By the time you are ready for another relationship, after the steps above (and some more), you would be able to know what you really want from a relationship right from Day One, and not compromise that much. You would be comfortable with and at peace with yourself that you would not be able to allow any guy to get you twisted. You would know when to say "No" and stand to it. You would know when to say "enough is enough".

Finally, remember that you can always try again (and again), for one day you would look back and smile, knowing that each heartbreak had its own lessons making you get better in the dating game. Hence, when your kind of man finally comes around, you would know how to really appreciate him having had a taste of the sour grapes. Some of us must go through these phases. . .pity.

Take heart!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Love Again After Being Hurt So Many Times by Free(f): 1:04am On Jan 26, 2007
talkative grin

good job grin
Re: How Do You Love Again After Being Hurt So Many Times by Douzy(m): 1:11am On Jan 26, 2007
Free:

talkative grin

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin grin

Free:

good job grin

Thanks. Just tryna give my two cents.
Re: How Do You Love Again After Being Hurt So Many Times by Free(f): 1:22am On Jan 26, 2007
yea its obvious grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Love Again After Being Hurt So Many Times by Douzy(m): 1:33am On Jan 26, 2007
Hm. . . Free!
Re: How Do You Love Again After Being Hurt So Many Times by Free(f): 1:38am On Jan 26, 2007
yes, darling grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Love Again After Being Hurt So Many Times by Douzy(m): 1:47am On Jan 26, 2007
Since when did we start darling each other? grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Love Again After Being Hurt So Many Times by Free(f): 1:54am On Jan 26, 2007
since i called U darling , grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Love Again After Being Hurt So Many Times by Douzy(m): 2:01am On Jan 26, 2007
Ok, fine. Now, we're hijacking ima1's thread.
Re: How Do You Love Again After Being Hurt So Many Times by promise72(m): 2:05am On Jan 26, 2007
y'all knock it off. get a room pls grin
Re: How Do You Love Again After Being Hurt So Many Times by Free(f): 2:15am On Jan 26, 2007
we already in a room cheesy

ur disturbing us grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Love Again After Being Hurt So Many Times by Douzy(m): 2:18am On Jan 26, 2007
Lol. . . I'm in trouble.
Re: How Do You Love Again After Being Hurt So Many Times by Free(f): 2:24am On Jan 26, 2007
why, darling wots da trouble
Re: How Do You Love Again After Being Hurt So Many Times by Douzy(m): 2:27am On Jan 26, 2007
Kidding. Anywayz, gotsta go to bed now. It's almost 2:30am! C ya laterz. . . darling!
Re: How Do You Love Again After Being Hurt So Many Times by promise72(m): 2:30am On Jan 26, 2007
ill take over from here grin grin grin

Real men go all night cheesy
Re: How Do You Love Again After Being Hurt So Many Times by Douzy(m): 2:36am On Jan 26, 2007
Eh. . .? Now, I see your gameplan, Promise. . . lol. Well, I'll be waking up once in a while to come and eavesdrop.

BTW, real men know that there is time for everything!

Good night y'all, and don't give away . . . darling. tongue
Re: How Do You Love Again After Being Hurt So Many Times by promise72(m): 2:37am On Jan 26, 2007
sorry,

she already did. you just found out d difference grin
Re: How Do You Love Again After Being Hurt So Many Times by Free(f): 2:50am On Jan 26, 2007
dnt worry darling, i wnt give in to promise grin grin

I promise
Re: How Do You Love Again After Being Hurt So Many Times by promise72(m): 3:01am On Jan 26, 2007
that not wat u said few mins ago. u 2 timer grin
Re: How Do You Love Again After Being Hurt So Many Times by Free(f): 3:08am On Jan 26, 2007
am sorry am not a 2 timer grin

one at a time wink wink
Re: How Do You Love Again After Being Hurt So Many Times by promise72(m): 3:23am On Jan 26, 2007
ok i can deal with that. however its my turn for the next 5yrs.

only me. Nothin on the side grin
Re: How Do You Love Again After Being Hurt So Many Times by Free(f): 3:48am On Jan 26, 2007
lol

i dnt know bout that ooo grin grin
Re: How Do You Love Again After Being Hurt So Many Times by promise72(m): 3:52am On Jan 26, 2007
well,

Look b4 u leap. Dont let me declare u unfit 4 the job. wheres your pic anyway. kindly forward it to my email. Now!!! That an order.

Remember whos in charge here grin
Re: How Do You Love Again After Being Hurt So Many Times by Free(f): 3:59am On Jan 26, 2007
ur funny (u know dat)

i dnt take orders , jus so u know tongue grin grin
Re: How Do You Love Again After Being Hurt So Many Times by promise72(m): 4:13am On Jan 26, 2007
ok. kindly forward it then.

i never argue wt a lady. i know better

still grin
Re: How Do You Love Again After Being Hurt So Many Times by Free(f): 4:20am On Jan 26, 2007
am glad u know better

so lets leave it there , darling grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Love Again After Being Hurt So Many Times by promise72(m): 4:21am On Jan 26, 2007
ill b waiting anyway. i know my expectation will match my reality
Re: How Do You Love Again After Being Hurt So Many Times by Free(f): 4:26am On Jan 26, 2007
wait oooo
Re: How Do You Love Again After Being Hurt So Many Times by Busta(f): 4:28am On Jan 26, 2007
@topic,

one way or the other, u'll love again. . i guess undecided

ain't the end of the world!
Re: How Do You Love Again After Being Hurt So Many Times by Free(f): 4:33am On Jan 26, 2007
yea U can love again i guess
if da right or left person comes along grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Love Again After Being Hurt So Many Times by ima1(f): 6:13am On Jan 26, 2007
thanks a lot Douzy

(1) (2) (Reply)

An Eye Opener: Married Women---Beware! / Engagement Ring A Must? / Why Does She Scold My Facial Look Everytime?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.