Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

How To Know You Are In A Toxic Relationship. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Know You Are In A Toxic Relationship. (2139 Views)

I Am In A Toxic Relationship But I Don't Know How To Quit... / What I Did When I Met A Toxic Lady. / I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Know You Are In A Toxic Relationship. by Leriebloom(f): 1:22pm On Apr 29, 2017
The greatest thing to be afraid of is not the devil but ignorance. There are so many failed marriages out there, so many news about domestic violence, so many news about people who have ran mad because of the wrong partner.
If you are in a serious relationship and you are looking to settle down, it is time to start doing some check and balances in your relationship.
A man doesn't wake up one morning and just starts beating his wife.
A woman doesn't wake up morning and just starts misbehaving. The traits must have been there but it is just the failure of the other spouse to notice it or he/she chose to ignore it.
Toxic is something that is harmful to you. Acid is toxic so it is harmful to your health. The same way some relationships are harmful to you. Some people are just not meant for you. How do you know you are in a toxic relationship?

1. Your partner intimidates you. He/she uses certain gestures to shut you up and you have no voice of your own in the relationship.

2. Your partner puts you down. This is called emotional abuse. He/she kills your self esteem by telling you how you are never good enough or in worse scenarios he/she puts you down in public. That partner has no respect for you. Flee....

3. Your partner goes through your messages and mails. He/she has no right to invade your privacy as long as you are not married. It is fifty shades of wrong, you don't do that!

4. Your partner isolates you from friends and family for fear that someone would steal you. He/she could say it is because they care. That is jealousy. Jealousy and Care are two completely different words. That partner is just trying to destroy you. The easiest way to break a person is when the person is alone...so guys if your partner exhibits any of this traits, it is time for you to dust your slippers and run .

Guys add yours too
Re: How To Know You Are In A Toxic Relationship. by Papiikush: 1:28pm On Apr 29, 2017
Checking your partner's phone is wrong but ladies are always the first to break that rule undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Know You Are In A Toxic Relationship. by Presh900(m): 1:32pm On Apr 29, 2017
Papiikush:
Checking your partner's phone is wrong but ladies are always the first to break that rule undecided
It's in their DNA..

2 Likes

Re: How To Know You Are In A Toxic Relationship. by Doctorfitz: 1:34pm On Apr 29, 2017
Relationship experts plenty pass the relationships ,na d main wahala we get be that.

1 Like

Re: How To Know You Are In A Toxic Relationship. by slimthugchimee2(m): 1:34pm On Apr 29, 2017
OK then that's cool
Re: How To Know You Are In A Toxic Relationship. by Leriebloom(f): 1:35pm On Apr 29, 2017
Papiikush:

Not true. Guys do it too. I am proud to say I av never done it because I find it disgusting. Dated a guy that was always doing it. I suspected but I never said a word until he saw something I had told him about earlier and his eyes couldn't carry it so he spoke. I gave it to him hard. Which kind play?
So guy ladies are not always the first. It goes both ways.
Re: How To Know You Are In A Toxic Relationship. by Fmartin(m): 1:36pm On Apr 29, 2017
smiley hmm..
Re: How To Know You Are In A Toxic Relationship. by Leriebloom(f): 1:36pm On Apr 29, 2017
Doctorfitz:
Relationship experts plenty pass the relationships ,na d main wahala we get be that.

Lolz
Re: How To Know You Are In A Toxic Relationship. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 29, 2017
Life is too short to be in a toxic relationship.

1 Like

Re: How To Know You Are In A Toxic Relationship. by Davidgrey: 1:38pm On Apr 29, 2017
I see! undecided

You talk about "ignorance" yet your perspective to things betray you

Your points are basic and bare, they can all be summed up as one (lack of respect)

I don't understand why women always play the victim card for bad relationships

You are equally responsible for the crap as much as he is

What you wrote is weak-minded nonsense, You are a hypocrite for "number 3"

No man will put down a woman that has "self-worth"

6 Likes

Re: How To Know You Are In A Toxic Relationship. by Leriebloom(f): 1:38pm On Apr 29, 2017
MissCuppy:
Life is too short to be in a toxic relationship.

Yea right.
Re: How To Know You Are In A Toxic Relationship. by Leriebloom(f): 1:40pm On Apr 29, 2017
Davidgrey:
I see! undecided

Your points are basic and bare, they can all be summed up as one (lack of respect)

undecided Excuse me? I am talking about both genders. Not just the ladies. Next time, read properly. undecided
Re: How To Know You Are In A Toxic Relationship. by Presh900(m): 1:41pm On Apr 29, 2017
Davidgrey:
I see! undecided

David Shut Up.
[i]
Re: How To Know You Are In A Toxic Relationship. by Doctorfitz: 1:41pm On Apr 29, 2017
Leriebloom:

Lolz

Yes Na. Una no go let us rest for list.. List of ways to make Eba in a relationship, 10 types of soup in a relationship...relationship no even many, the few ones wey get no dey hear word if u like advise them from now till tomorrow.
Re: How To Know You Are In A Toxic Relationship. by thehedge(f): 1:42pm On Apr 29, 2017
I'm not worried if my partner wants to check my phone, but he best be ready because even though its not my thing, I'm going to start checking his too. jst to irritate him grin
Re: How To Know You Are In A Toxic Relationship. by Davidgrey: 1:44pm On Apr 29, 2017
Leriebloom:

undecided Excuse me? I am talking about both genders. Not just the ladies. Next time, read properly. undecided
lollll!

Your points are "directly" pointed at a particular gender

Don't bother defending your shallow crap, Done here!

2 Likes

Re: How To Know You Are In A Toxic Relationship. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 29, 2017
Truth be said, it's not a nice thing to invade one's partner's privacy. But not checking your partner's phone should be because you respect him or her or you find it boring and not because you are scared to find out some bitter truths. Simply put: Partners shouldn't take advantage of privacy to cheat.
Some individuals are in toxic relationships but they are too scared to get out. A word of advice: Don't kill yourself so soon, if you do, your partner will move on with someone bettersmiley

1 Like

Re: How To Know You Are In A Toxic Relationship. by Leriebloom(f): 1:45pm On Apr 29, 2017
Doctorfitz:

Yes Na. Una no go let us rest for list.. List of ways to make Eba in a relationship, 10 types of soup in a relationship...relationship no even many, the few ones wey get no dey hear word if u like advise them from now till tomorrow.

Lmao grin By the una you mean?
Sadly your last sentence is true. But there is no harm in trying. A lucky few might just pick one or two things. You never can tell.
Re: How To Know You Are In A Toxic Relationship. by dingbang(m): 1:45pm On Apr 29, 2017
When someone just had a bad rship, dey come in here to become philosophers about it.

Leriebloom.. I take it that you are now single grin

So that means there is vacancy, innit cheesy
Re: How To Know You Are In A Toxic Relationship. by Leriebloom(f): 1:48pm On Apr 29, 2017
Davidgrey:

lollll!

Your points are "directly" pointed at a particular gender

Don't bother defending your shallow crap, Done here!

Really undecided
Please carry your wahala and go abeg. cheesy Don't have strength to waste on people like you. grin
Re: How To Know You Are In A Toxic Relationship. by Leriebloom(f): 1:49pm On Apr 29, 2017
dingbang:
When someone just had a bad rship, dey come in here to become philosophers about it.

Leriebloom.. I take it that you are now single grin

So that means there is vacancy, innit cheesy

Lmao grin . Still happily in a relationship... Sorry yh
Re: How To Know You Are In A Toxic Relationship. by dingbang(m): 1:50pm On Apr 29, 2017
Leriebloom:

Lmao grin . Still happily in a relationship... Sorry yh
chei.. Why na
Re: How To Know You Are In A Toxic Relationship. by Leriebloom(f): 1:50pm On Apr 29, 2017
dingbang:
chei.. Why na

Pele yh
Re: How To Know You Are In A Toxic Relationship. by dingbang(m): 1:51pm On Apr 29, 2017
Leriebloom:

Pele yh
cry
Re: How To Know You Are In A Toxic Relationship. by BiafranBushBoy: 1:52pm On Apr 29, 2017
Another truck load has just been unloaded again into the already existing crap load of bullshit on the internet already!!!

I didn't read tho...!!

Op is 30, Single, not looking good, dumped by several Ex's and you are looking to lure girls to join your cliché right??

the brilliant ones will jump and pass!!

Toxic ko... Tosyne ni...

lol

1 Like

Re: How To Know You Are In A Toxic Relationship. by Leriebloom(f): 1:53pm On Apr 29, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
Another truck load has just been unloaded again into the already existing crap load of bullshit on the internet already!!!

I didn't read tho...!!

You don't have to smiley
Re: How To Know You Are In A Toxic Relationship. by BiafranBushBoy: 1:56pm On Apr 29, 2017
Leriebloom:

You don't have to smiley

Yea sure....

I really don't waste time on bullshit write-ups
Re: How To Know You Are In A Toxic Relationship. by Leriebloom(f): 1:58pm On Apr 29, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Yea sure....

I really don't waste time on bullshit write-ups

So what are u still doing here grin
Re: How To Know You Are In A Toxic Relationship. by AlexCk: 2:00pm On Apr 29, 2017
Lol,

A relationship where u ain't comfortable with urself, & with the spouse/partner u are with, is that one relationship?

grin grin

But seriously though, apart from ur third point, some people enjoyed being in a relationship where they are dominated. Whether they are yelled at, or physically abused, or scolded sef, they wee say they still love their partner and wanna be with 'em forever sef.
Re: How To Know You Are In A Toxic Relationship. by Leriebloom(f): 2:03pm On Apr 29, 2017
AlexCk:
Lol,

A relationship where u ain't comfortable with urself, & with the spouse/partner u are with, is that one relationship?

grin grin

But seriously though, apart from ur third point, some people enjoyed being in a relationship where they are dominated. Whether they are yelled at, or physically abused, or scolded sef, they wee say they still love their partner and wanna be with 'em forever sef.

That's plain madness now. Dominate kor. That's not normal. They must have been abused in the past to like the so called dominance. Didn't know guys like being dominated though
Re: How To Know You Are In A Toxic Relationship. by BiafranBushBoy: 2:11pm On Apr 29, 2017
Leriebloom:

So what are u still doing here grin

Replying mentions in a bullshit thread from a bullcrap writer try to justify her crappy post!!
Re: How To Know You Are In A Toxic Relationship. by AlexCk: 2:15pm On Apr 29, 2017
Leriebloom:

That's plain madness now. Dominate kor. That's not normal. They must have been abused in the past to like the so called dominance. Didn't know guys like being dominated though

Lol, true,
' could be due to child trauma possibly, or some just enjoy it sha,
no be some people dey enjoy bsdm, abi na bdsm fantasies.

Rarely happen to guys, except for same-sex relationship, where it could be possible.

Abnormal is the new normal now

(1) (2) (Reply)

Question For The Ladies. / Story: Billionaire’s Intense Love Chapter 1 / 8 Sign You Should Never Tell Someone You Have Feelings For Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.