Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,634 members, 7,827,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Today I Quit Going To Church: It's All A Sham - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today I Quit Going To Church: It's All A Sham (8757 Views)

Beware Of House On The Rock Church & It's Members / Church: It Is Time To Shake Off The Distraction / Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today I Quit Going To Church: It's All A Sham by nwakaibeya1: 11:22pm On Apr 30, 2017
John 5,30>Today is another Sunday of history & geography teaching & fashion sermons,stories upon stories that don't empower humanbeigns spiritually by comedy, story telling pastors&prophets for spiritually blind Bornagain followers & church goers?bornagains & church goers enjoy it & continue to shout go deeper, prophesy, pastor ride on & after all the razzmatazz, you still remain in evil family&occult wickedness & evil marine bondages&can't sleep at night& witches & wizards feast on them without mercy and evil neighbors and landlords and evil people can't fear you because you have no power& pastors &prophets &apostles continue to use bornagains& church goers to make merchandise of their bellies without giving them empowerment & liberation&most importantly give followers PEACE that ,Jesus Christ promised to give to those who come to him?Again see Jeremiah 5.21,22 Jeremiah 12 10 you must help yourself &Seek for unbelievable power and receive it, which is LIGHT,MANTLE & THE POWER THAT BE &this is available only if you believe there is >many just claim Bornagain without spiritual wisdom &spiritual eyes & unbelievable power & they hate change &new truth&revelation of real JESUSCHRIST even when they read that God will do a new Thing in the Bible but they still question the same God why he is doing a new Thing? What a disaster humanbeings of the world.BEHOLD kingdom of God of Jesus Christ is not for everyone,neither is heaven for everyone, devil has his own children always &devils children hate change,especially the ones masquerading as BORNAGAINS who hate truth&good change with passion& pretend, they are those we call human CHAMELEONS,we have spoken again & those who have ear let them hear &investigate from JESUS CHRIST if indeed they know JESUSCHRIST #who can battle with God of justice & the power that be?remember this is authority & truth&revelation& power that is unbelievable to humanbeigns so it's not compulsory that you must embrace&believe us but only time will tell who is telling the truth or not as this is not like conventional bornagain &bornagain in vogue #NO & NEVER, Our own is accept the truth or perish,we dont beg human beigns to accept our truth&revelation,hence almost everyone claims to be bornagain,the same way many people claimed to know GOD more than JESUSCHRIST when Christ came before and do the forget the fact that Power talks and not empty critics and the confidence of a wise person is look before you leap Mathew 13,13-14

Re: Today I Quit Going To Church: It's All A Sham by doyinbaby(f): 11:42pm On Apr 30, 2017
Op I will not want to condemn you..,,..But God loves you....you need to stay put.....see Why do you want to back out now......God is faithful....I don't know if you can expansiate a bit about how God failed you..,...God will not allow us to be tempted above that which we can but in it he will make way out that we may be able to bear.....God said I will make a way in the wilderness .....God is faithful.....Go back to God please....

1 Like

Re: Today I Quit Going To Church: It's All A Sham by Topgainer: 11:52pm On Apr 30, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
I see dat u lack patience/endurance Sport men Exercise.From Bishop Oyedepo/Pst Adeboye and co u see today suffered b4 their lifting/open heaven.That U dnt see evidence of ur relationship with God doesn't means dat God has forsaken u/He doesn't Answer prayer/he Answer some/neglect others. U trigger ur miracle/put God to work. U can't be serving God and never experience favor.GOD DOESN'T HAVE ABANDONED PROJECT.The inscription on John cena T shirt read NEVER GIVE UP
Pentecostal inventions. The trigger is by dashing Oyedepo, Tom Samson and His Holiness Rev King your money ?
Op like most others have spent their youthfulness slaving away at the hands of Pentecostal overlords. Assuming the slavemasters gave him a UK branch to manage and collect tithes he will not complain of unanswered prayers.
Luckily, now is his time for personal convictions right in his closet.

3 Likes

Re: Today I Quit Going To Church: It's All A Sham by CandidSeeker(m): 11:55pm On Apr 30, 2017
An2elect2:
Being commanded to turn from your ways is not tantamount to having the power to. We were born wayward, in sin and with a straying will. Without grace our wills are useless in salvation.

Can an Ethiopian change his skin or a leopard its spots? Neither can you do good who are accustomed to doing evil. Jeremiah 13:23

there is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God. Romans 3:11

Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God's sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin. Romans 3:20

It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God's mercy. Romans 9:16.

And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others. Ephesians 2:1-3

Talking About Personal Choice And Effort.

...For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. – Matt.6:15-16

I will no longer debate with you on this topic.

‘I don’t share my thoughts mainly because I think it will change the mind of people who think differently; I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone’.

-Peace.

1 Like

Re: Today I Quit Going To Church: It's All A Sham by Mujtahida: 12:13am On May 01, 2017
Foxyn:
I believe all what you just wrote up there.

I didn't say I'll stop serving him

but my problem with him is why he lied to me and literally going against his words in the bible.

I feel he's not all what is written in the bible

a man can disappoint or lie to me and I'll overlook... but God?

naw! I can't just let it slide like that

you know one thing about we Christians is that we always want to defend our God in anyway even when he's at fault

me am not like y'all

when he's wrong I tell it openly

got nothing to hide

I can't be fooled
The same common sense rules we apply to everything in life that makes our lives liveable are suspended when it comes to the God matter. If you judge the christian God by his own words, Bro, he fails. For example he says love your enemies and do good to those who treat you ill but him nko what does he do or proposes to do? Cast them his enemies into hell. Yeah so much for loving your enemies.

3 Likes

Re: Today I Quit Going To Church: It's All A Sham by An2elect2(f): 12:19am On May 01, 2017
CandidSeeker:

Talking About Personal Choice And Effort.

...For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. – Matt.6:15-16

I will no longer debate with you on this topic.

‘I don’t share my thoughts mainly because I think it will change the mind of people who think differently; I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone’.

-Peace.
The scriptures are very clear to everyone that has eyes. And they are to be interpreted wholly...precepts upon precepts.

I perceive your heart is made up but beware, you have a wrong view of the gospel

1 Like

Re: Today I Quit Going To Church: It's All A Sham by arleck(m): 1:13am On May 01, 2017
i quitted dah sh*t like 4years ago... and am doing just Fine

3 Likes

Re: Today I Quit Going To Church: It's All A Sham by Nobody: 4:13am On May 01, 2017
Mujtahida:

The same common sense rules we apply to everything in life that makes our lives liveable are suspended when it comes to the God matter. If you judge the christian God by his own words, Bro, he fails. For example he says love your enemies and do good to those who treat you ill but him nko what does he do or proposes to do? Cast them his enemies into hell . Yeah so much for loving your enemies.
hahahaha.. this got me laughing hard grin

he's a real God
very loving and merciful .. mtcheew! sad

2 Likes

Re: Today I Quit Going To Church: It's All A Sham by ifenes(m): 6:21am On May 01, 2017
bizme:
It wasn't the Church service of today that made me decide.
It was rather several pieces of disappointment and dashed expectations that forced me to make up my mind today.

Following my conversion years ago, I had spent a substantial part of my youthful life in the service of God. No amount of discouragement from my Dad and peers would slow me down in the pursuit of the love and service of God my Father. At a point I had approached my parents that I was considering opting for pastoral school instead of University admission. I had at the time been offered an admission into one of the leading federal universities in the country. Eventually my dad's voice of reason prevailed and I went to University. In University, I lived and conducted myself as a man whose singular hope and passion was the pursuit of God, roving from villages to villages every week, preaching and pastoring village churches. Away from the demands of my studentship.

But in the real world, the popular promise that God always has my back has been no more than a sale's man's quip which is often far from the reality on ground. I have asked fellow Christians questions, but they have failed to provide me with answers that don't refer me back to the usual call to patience and perseverance. If I do not enjoy God's promises in the time of my youth, what then is the point? What is the point in repetitively making the same requests for years without answer from God?

I consulted widely, reading books and studying other peoples' experiences and I have come to this conclusion: that I am on my own in this world. That God probably finished His part when He created me; that the entirety of my fate and experience will hereafter depend on me and my societal factors. That all the praying and singing and clapping in the church are no more than a desperate attempt for most of us to believe in a God who has got no better job than bailing us out of our miseries...

Well, it has been years now and He hasn't bailed me out. My life, the experiences of it, has not been any better than that of those who have refused to acknowledge God or to serve Him. Henceforth, I'm going to turn my time and attention to more product things than church attendance. My woman isn't going to like this, but I feel like a fraud sitting there in Church today and refusing to say the prayers since all those I had said these past years don't seem to have been answered.

This is no feast for atheists. I don't have enough faith to be one. This is simply my step of courage to step outside profitless religion into personal effort to take my own matters into my own hands. And you don't have to agree with my conclusions, if you look at it carefully you will realize that I have no obligation to live my life based on others' experiences. Just mine.

Moving from one class to another is constant. You stopped going to church because you have successfully desolved that illusion of it as the only way accepted to serve God. That is the thing about Illusions, they serve you until you see the need to get rid of them. The rest of your church members are not in anyway silly....no they ain't , it's just that the wind of reality hasn't hit them yet. I personally think the church is a good thing, a good learning curve for a young soul to grow. They must realise themselves that that is not the ideal way to grow mentally,spiritually,intellectually etc

Now that you have passed that stage, what next? Big question! You must continue to find yourself. You must solve the question of "God". What really is God? Reevaluate what you have been taught in the church about what and who God is. Only you can find this question just the way you noticed that there is more to life than what the church as got to offer. The answer you will eventually get will change your life. There is nothing to fear.

The best way to knowledge is you being your own teacher, making mistakes and learning from them. Listen to no one as they are students themselves.

7 Likes

Re: Today I Quit Going To Church: It's All A Sham by LordCenturion(m): 6:33am On May 01, 2017
Foxyn:
Op am hoping to join you soon cry

just exactly the same problem am facing

mine is even worst, he lied and deceived me which still hurts till now.
shebi numbers 23:19 talk say our God no dey lie?

not to talk of Mathew 7:7-11 lol

no wonder Kendrick Lamar said in his new album that "God is one funny moda'facka, though we still gotta love and trust him" grin

I'm seriously angry with him now that I've decide not to put my trust in him anymore

until he let's me see the reason he didn't do as he said.

I can't put my hope on something that lies sad

let his words in the bible judge him

I'm out..

He wasn't the one that wrote those bullshit in the Bible, it was a religion fanatic illiterate that wrote everything base on their opinions,religion were created by humans and those magic performed in churches are from extra terrestrial beings on those that have encountered them luckily, some get it from herbalist through spiritual beings with enough and concrete agreements ,let me say only 5% of magic performed in this world are real but the rest are scam, but most of them can predict correctly,but they can't solve the problem, it's only left for u to use ur brain and solve ur problems... Although am not an atheist, but I believe that there is God who created everything but leaves our destiny in our hands to solve our own problems and help each other , besides everything on this earth or outside of it represents this GOD,so, I don't worship any god for the past 3 years, I worship myself because am also a God, who is powerful than fake aliens like jesus, jehovah, Allah etc.. Congrats to bizme for the liberation from bondage

3 Likes

Re: Today I Quit Going To Church: It's All A Sham by FellaL: 6:40am On May 01, 2017
An2elect2:
The Op is a product of the freewill heretical gospel!

You came to God on your own? friend, I have no doubt you will leave sooner or later.

LOL if you don't believe in freewill, what then do you believe in?

1 Like

Re: Today I Quit Going To Church: It's All A Sham by frank317: 7:16am On May 01, 2017
Religion or even Christianity is s shitty business. You believe in God despite all the challenges around you. Hold him by his words and promises and patiently wait for him to make this crazy world sane for you. But everything just keeps on staring u in the face.
The silence, the hope, the anticipation, time... Yet life is passing by. Weeks turn to months and to years.
At the end you get up set. The life of management hoping praying and waiting can be frustrating.
You show u are not happy... But what happens... You become the oppressor and God becomes the victim.

Don't complain just wait till u die for God is always faithfull. Is there any other word for ZOMBIE? That's what Religious folks are.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today I Quit Going To Church: It's All A Sham by italo: 7:22am On May 01, 2017
Bizme, you sound as if it is either we pray, pray, pray for all the goodies we want...or work, work, work for them.

How about pray, work, pray, work? That is what Catholicism teaches: Faith + Work.

Secondly, if you think Christianity is about following God to get all the goodies you want, you are mistaken. You probably have been deceived by the prosperity gospel crooners.

Jesus wanted the cup to pass over him, but submitted to God's will, which was the cross. This same cross, he asked us to take up and follow him, if we are to be his disciples.

Chistianity is having a love affair with God and his Church. Love is sacrificial.

Go to the Catholic Church.

2 Likes

Re: Today I Quit Going To Church: It's All A Sham by An2elect2(f): 8:32am On May 01, 2017
FellaL:

LOL if you don't believe in freewill, what then do you believe in?
If we are talking of God's free will, then I believe. But "man's free will" is an illusion.

My hope is in Christ and not my enslaved will
Re: Today I Quit Going To Church: It's All A Sham by PHC4(m): 8:55am On May 01, 2017
bizme:

Your arrogance baffles me. My faith was founded on some worldly promises? That's all you've got to say?

You typify some of the arrogant dudes who think it's a cool emblem on their Christianity to walk around with the air of I-know-it-all. You don't even have the decency to find out what might have led me to a decision like that... You simply opened your mouth and told me my faith was founded on some worldly promises...

Your arrogance, and your gullibility have no match except in their individual stature placed against each other.

I am so sorry about my rush into making seeming arrogant comments. Pls forgive me. However, would you want to share the reasons behind this decision of yours?

1 Like

Re: Today I Quit Going To Church: It's All A Sham by Kylekent59: 10:56am On May 01, 2017
I have passed through a lot in these life but I will never give up on God. Not because my wants isn't satisfied will make me give up on God.
In a nut shell just remember Job.
D wife of job wanted him to cause God but job refused.
At op be strong, suffering only makes u stronger.

1 Like

Re: Today I Quit Going To Church: It's All A Sham by Nobody: 11:22am On May 01, 2017
LordCenturion:

He wasn't the one that wrote those bullshit in the Bible, it was a religion fanatic illiterate that wrote everything base on their opinions,religion were created by humans and those magic performed in churches are from extra terrestrial beings on those that have encountered them luckily, some get it from herbalist through spiritual beings with enough and concrete agreements ,let me say only 5% of magic performed in this world are real but the rest are scam, but most of them can predict correctly,but they can't solve the problem, it's only left for u to use ur brain and solve ur problems... Although am not an atheist, but I believe that there is God who created everything but leaves our destiny in our hands to solve our own problems and help each other , besides everything on this earth or outside of it represents this GOD,so, I don't worship any god for the past 3 years, I worship myself because am also a God, who is powerful than fake aliens like jesus, jehovah, Allah etc.. Congrats to bizme for the liberation from bondage
thanks bruh
... I love this

1 Like

Re: Today I Quit Going To Church: It's All A Sham by chuckky86(m): 11:47am On May 01, 2017
bizme:

You're wrong about that. I'm not interested in being convinced to stay put.
I had had lengthy period of contemplation to come to that conclusion today. I have experienced life in different cultures, and different creeds, and there is not a single area or point where being an ardent follower of God gives you an edge. What is the point of serving God if all you get yourself is a life where God refuses to come through for you when you need Him the most?... The unbelievers at least have developed a robust and practical mentality that allows them confront life issues on their own ...while doing the same is seen in Christiandom as relying too much on the arms of flesh.
I do not hope for a miracle... all that has been lost cannot be regained. No, I do not need a miracle. I need to forge my way through life from this moment on as a man that is truly alone in this world. Created in the image of God no doubt, but alone in this world to confront his own troubles and not waiting around for God to decide when or not to come to his aid. We are not as eternal as He is, making patience a wrong advice for us human being seeing that our time is limited.

I'm sorry If I was quick to conclude u wanted to b convinced, but I think I read in one of d trails where u said, u weren't going to stop believing in him, and ull live giving ur 100% n not wait ard for His miracle. I think dats what he wants of u, live ur life doing/being good and putting ur best into anything u do, trust me you'll b happier and all u feel was lost will b regained. if for nothing He's given life to u today so there's hope for Moro.
Re: Today I Quit Going To Church: It's All A Sham by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 01, 2017
obinna58:
nice one cheesy

I guess u tired of kissing Hank's ass grin
Seems the future z getting better

hmmm. do you want to spend eternity in hell fire? grin

1 Like

Re: Today I Quit Going To Church: It's All A Sham by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 01, 2017
doyinbaby:
Op I will not want to condemn you..,,..But God loves you....you need to stay put.....see Why do you want to back out now......God is faithful....I don't know if you can expansiate a bit about how God failed you..,...God will not allow us to be tempted above that which we can but in it he will make way out that we may be able to bear.....God said I will make a way in the wilderness .....God is faithful.....Go back to God please....

He embraced the deist God, leave him alone
Re: Today I Quit Going To Church: It's All A Sham by doyinbaby(f): 12:36pm On May 01, 2017
onyenze123:

He embraced the deist God, leave him alone
please go back to God ,,,.he loves you
Re: Today I Quit Going To Church: It's All A Sham by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 01, 2017
bizme, welcome to deism
Re: Today I Quit Going To Church: It's All A Sham by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 01, 2017
doyinbaby:
please go back to God ,,,.he loves you

I am already with God, welcome to deism
Re: Today I Quit Going To Church: It's All A Sham by LordCenturion(m): 1:08pm On May 01, 2017
Mujtahida:

The same common sense rules we apply to everything in life that makes our lives liveable are suspended when it comes to the God matter. If you judge the christian God by his own words, Bro, he fails. For example he says love your enemies and do good to those who treat you ill but him nko what does he do or proposes to do? Cast them his enemies into hell. Yeah so much for loving your enemies.

U nailed it Bro, he who says love ur enemies but he ask Israelites to kill innocent people in jericho and the rest,he's going to cast his enemies that doesn't worship him into the lakes of fire,,, what a joke god.. Lol @ bizme u see something?

4 Likes

Re: Today I Quit Going To Church: It's All A Sham by CHARLOE(m): 1:26pm On May 01, 2017
bizme:
It was rather several pieces of disappointment and dashed expectations that forced me to make up my mind today.

Following my conversion years ago, I had spent a substantial part of my youthful life in the service of God. No amount of discouragement from my Dad and peers would slow me down in the pursuit of the love and service of God my Father. At a point I had approached my parents that I was considering opting for pastoral school instead of University admission. I had at the time been offered an admission into one of the leading federal universities in the country. Eventually my dad's voice of reason prevailed and I went to University. In University, I lived and conducted myself as a man whose singular hope and passion was the pursuit of God, roving from villages to villages every week, preaching and pastoring village churches. Away from the demands of my studentship.

But in the real world, the popular promise that God always has my back has been no more than a sale's man's quip which is often far from the reality on ground. I have asked fellow Christians questions, but they have failed to provide me with answers that don't refer me back to the usual call to patience and perseverance. If I do not enjoy God's promises in the time of my youth, what then is the point? What is the point in repetitively making the same requests for years without answer from God?

I consulted widely, reading books and studying other peoples' experiences and I have come to this conclusion: that I am on my own in this world. That God probably finished His part when He created me; that the entirety of my fate and experience will hereafter depend on me and my societal factors. That all the praying and singing and clapping in the church are no more than a desperate attempt for most of us to believe in a God who has got no better job than bailing us out of our miseries...

Well, it has been years now and He hasn't bailed me out. My life, the experiences of it, has not been any better than that of those who have refused to acknowledge God or to serve Him. Henceforth, I'm going to turn my time and attention to more product things than church attendance. My woman isn't going to like this, but I feel like a fraud sitting there in Church today and refusing to say the prayers since all those I had said these past years don't seem to have been answered.

This is no feast for atheists. I don't have enough faith to be one. This is simply my step of courage to step outside profitless religion into personal effort to take my own matters into my own hands. And you don't have to agree with my conclusions, if you look at it carefully you will realize that I have no obligation to live my life based on others' experiences. Just mine.
U just overcame ur fears, took same decision few yrs ago, (not an atheist though, still believe in intelligent design).
Fear is d hold xtianity n Islam have over its followers + d promise of a reward in paradise: xtianity promises a mansion with streets of gold, while its half bro, Islam, promises d jihadists 72 virgins etc.
Take away these 2 lies n those religions will collapse like a pack if cards

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today I Quit Going To Church: It's All A Sham by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 01, 2017
Kylekent59:
I have passed through a lot in these life but I will never give up on God. Not because my wants isn't satisfied will make me give up on God.
In a nut shell just remember Job.
D wife of job wanted him to cause God but job refused.
At op be strong, suffering only makes u stronger.

Thanks kylekent59 for your encouragement...My girl has once referred me to the story of Job, but she's not likely to make that mistake again. cheesy. The story of Job fails to portray God as loving and holy righteousness as a way of life. Job was perfect but God made him an object of sport between Himself and the devil. God boasted about Job to the devil and yet went ahead to allow the devil kill all Job had...Reward for righteousness??

In the end Job lost everything. Make no mistake about it. He lost grown up children, God gave him little babies. How was he to account for the lost years?

In summary, the story of Job should give us the chills and not the comfort many have sought in it.
Re: Today I Quit Going To Church: It's All A Sham by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 01, 2017
onyenze123:
bizme, welcome to deism

I wouldn't exactly call my evolving philosophical view deism. I believe in God, I believe in Jesus Christ, I believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit... What I no longer subscribe to is organized religion that makes promises on behalf of God, promises God doesn't appear to be keen on keeping.

What I no longer subscribe to is the bandwagon of feverish supplications and emotional songs that seek to deaden one's senses to accurately appreciate the way the world works.

What I no subscribe to is the recognition of the physical and social principles that govern our existence, and that God appears to have given the reigns to these principles to dictate man's experiences.

For all that keep attacking me on my change of mindset, I have nothing but pity to offer you. At least I am humble enough to acknowledge the impracticality of my philosophical points of view... I recognized the Christian call and call to Christ followership as a covenant, in other words, an agreement binding on both parties. If God called you into that agreement He must be willing to honor His part of the bargain, as long as you're keeping your parts up. Otherwise, we should simply reduce Christianity to a call to misery, to pains, to despair... I do not include the entertainer MOGs driving flashing cars and jets in my description: such individuals are not even Christians to start with. They are conmen and slaves of their own bellies, to be pitied above men because even in repulsive opulence all they seek after is to take the little that you have to further enrich their purses.

I have come to believe that the form of the gospel preached to us is probably strange to God Himself. God created the world, sent His Son, sent His Spirit, gave His grace. And that's where it ends. All that is left for me is to determine my own fate, the outcome of my life by manipulating physical and social principles to my advantage...

Yes with me your demons and doctrines die, 'cos they fail to scare me now.
Re: Today I Quit Going To Church: It's All A Sham by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 01, 2017
onyenze123:

Nigeria is already hell.
Which hell are you talking about?
Are you saying there's another hell somewhere else?

1 Like

Re: Today I Quit Going To Church: It's All A Sham by obinna58(m): 1:51pm On May 01, 2017
onyenze123:

Hah
Since going to hellfire does not allow brain reset like heaven do, I think we can be able to dethrone God with the power of brain, and make heaven a better place rather than praises and worship grin grin
Re: Today I Quit Going To Church: It's All A Sham by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 01, 2017
bizme:

Thanks for your honesty.

You're always FREE to choose your worldview. GOD didn't create us as robots.

Remember the Berean Christians who were commended for their personal study of the Scriptures?

It's always better to find out things for yourself, rather than hanging on the words of any demagogue.

Sadly, much of what is being peddled today as the Gospel of Christ is falsehood. Even Christ Himself warned about times like this.

Your dreams are an important part of you; avoid any "gospel" that tries to turn you into an "approved" Christian, mindlessly blabbing phrases that have no meaning to you.

I recommend you read the Bible YOURSELF with an open mind, asking GOD to reveal the truth to you.

GOD loves you, just as you are.

2 Likes

Re: Today I Quit Going To Church: It's All A Sham by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 01, 2017
doyinbaby:

Leaving the Church is not the same as going to God. The Church has just one function and purpose these days- to enrich the big man/woman holding the microphone at my expense. Membership of associations and clubs have their benefits, but membership of Church has no privileges. My experience at least.

Staying put is tantamount to madness; doing the same thing the same way repeatedly and expecting to get a different response. Thank you doyinbaby, I too have said the same words to different individuals in the past in my bid to comfort them and provide them with some encouragement.
Re: Today I Quit Going To Church: It's All A Sham by obinna58(m): 2:01pm On May 01, 2017
bizme:

Leaving the Church is not the same as going to God. The Church has just one function and purpose these days- to enrich the big man/woman holding the microphone at my expense. Membership of associations and clubs have their benefits, but membership of Church has no privileges. My experience at least.

Staying put is tantamount to madness; doing the same thing the same way repeatedly and expecting to get a different response. Thank you doyinbaby, I too have said the same words to different individuals in the past in my bid to comfort them and provide them with some encouragement.

Its starts like this, gradually u will end up like us grin
We av been in ur situation grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Are Your Prayers God Have Answered In Year 2023? / How To Present Your First Fruits / Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.