Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,857 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction - Literature (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction (68285 Views)

Chronicles Of Tracy / The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh / MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 10:59pm On Sep 02, 2018
“Hi Mole, hope you didn’t miss me? “
“Nah “ the Mole joked. “Was actually giving these kids a good whooping before you interrupted. “ The Mole was in the middle of a laugh when he remembered something. “ Damn cyborg was in trouble. “ he ran ahead of Marvel into the room where he last saw the cyborg.
Getting into the room, he saw the cyborg just turning away from the terminal, the appendage on his arm connected to the port of the terminal was unhooked and the cyborg looked perfectly OK. Of the floating holographic head of Nicolas, the Mole saw nothing.

“Are you alright cyborg? “ The Mole asked needlessly as Marvel walked in after him. “I saw you earlier screaming and being encased in electric lightning. “
“I’m alright Mole. I fell into a booby trap that was set for me. “ the cyborg electronic voice resonates within the stillness. “It was a virus implanted with the data we came to retrieve. The moment I started downloading, it leeched unto me. But I was finally able to shake it off. “
“Were you able to recover the data, undamaged? “ Marvel asked.
“Yes Marvel I have everything. “
“Good, that means our job here is done, we have won. “
“That’s not totally correct Marvel, we have not won. Things just got worse. “

“What’s that supposed to mean? “ Marvel turned to the cyborg, the AA suit flattening the urgency in his voice.
Before the cyborg can respond, General Leyland’s voice sounded on the comm unit of the suit.
“Marvel, we have cleared most paths along our way, so far we have secured a good point for you to take back to the surface. What’s your status? “
“We are good. Cyborg just informed me that the data retrieval was completely successful. “ taking a while to pause as his helmet covered face turned towards the cyborg. “But the cyborg just informed me now that we might be having a more serious problem.”

“Alright understood. “ The general’s voice crackled. “Just hold on for a while, I will be right over there . I have already ordered the troop carriers to be on their way. “
“So what’s this other problem about? “ Leyland said as he came in to the data terminal room accompanied by the armed members of the marine force recon company. “We already have most of the asteroid covered. The other parts are not necessary and since you have succeeded in recovering the data we came for, all I see is a win all situation. So what’s different? “

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 11:06pm On Sep 02, 2018
“We should hear from the cyborg. “ Marvel said a little surprised as he saw Jade come in on her own without being with the group he left her with. Her helmet was held by her left arm and her face looked strained as if she had gone through a great ordeal.
“Well what do we have, Dr. Bryant? “ Leyland came closer to the cyborg taking a cursory look at the data terminal.
“Things are much worse than what we thought. “ the cold voice said. “From the data I was able to get, the mega corporations here had a contingency plan, as a last fail safe effort to get back at the earth government. “

“Well that’s not a surprise, it’s what they have all been about. Nothing new in that. “
“General this is nothing like that. They plan to target the senate, all of them. They see the senate as one of their major obstacle. “
Scoffing, the general stood before the cyborg, looking up at him. “We all know that and they have tried several ways to do that in the past, which is not limited to terrorism and propaganda. So they planning something against the senate again is nothing new. “

“This one is general. “ the cyborg insisted. “There will be a general earth senate plenary session few days from now and they plan to hit that. “
“That is a tall dream, doctor. The senate building is heavily guarded. Triple so now after the fiasco with senator Beldwin’s kidnap and a terrorist group taking credit. So the security around the senate building is so tight that a gnat will find it difficult getting in. “ After a little introspection, Leyland asked. “Any idea how they plan to go about that? “
“There are several details in the data I recovered. Though they were not part of the original one stolen from Nuterra, still part of the workings needed to perfect their plan was cued from it. “ The cyborg raised his hand, palm waving at Leyland to allow him finished. “If what is in the data is reliable and not a misleading information to throw us off their tracks , then they have their plans well laid out. “

“I still find it hard to believe that a group of rag tag wild eyes fanatics can get past the security set up of the solar system, then earth and the senate building. That’s really far fetched. “
“General, from what I have seen, they don’t need to penetrate the security of the senate building in other to get at the senate. “
“What do you mean by that? “
“They intend to use a bomb. “
“A bomb?, well reasonable but it won’t work, because of the bomb detectors set up all around the city of Geneva, where the senate building is. Any kind of explosives, in what ever form it is, will be detected by spy satellite from orbit meant for early detection. And these satellites have the ability to remote explode bombs from that distance. Like you know every kind of explosives give off a low level kind of radiation that can be detected if you know what you’re looking for. So explosive, no matter how hidden can’t get even to the city. “

“Hold on, “ this time it was the general raising a retraining palm for the cyborg to hold on. “I know you might be saying that lead made container with the bomb hidden in it can fool a satellite radiation tracking abilities, even the ones that have x-ray capabilities. Well that have been dealt with. Advanced sensors can now pick up traces of radiation, no matter how faint, that are hidden in lead lined containers. “
“I’m quite aware of that. But the bomb they plan to use won’t be a bomb until it’s in place to blow and after it is activated. “

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 12:45pm On Sep 03, 2018
Taking a surprise look at Marvel, who had his visor up and his face steering impassively at both of them, as if asking if Marvel knows what the cyborg is hinting on. Marvel shook his head in the negative, as much as the suit helmet will let him.
“I think you should clarify that, Dr. Bryant. “
“What they planned using is super heated hydrogen cells contained within an electromagnetic field.”

With a wiry smile after taking time to make sure he understood the cyborg properly, he said. “That is not a bomb. You can’t get super heated hydrogen in an electromagnetic container, the hydrogen cells will become inert and useless. “
“It means, general Leyland, that you are not up to speed on the modern advancements on thermonuclear fusion dynamics. The electromagnetic field when properly engineered can keep the hydrogen nuclear cells in a state of constant Flux.”

“Ok I get the point. The moment the hydrogen cells get heated up within their container, that means they can explode. But that will make them detectable by satellites, right?”
“Wrong, general Leyland. That is the second reason the hydrogen cells are kept in an electromagnetic field. The field, though, allows the cells to move, will dampen the heat that such movements would have generated. So characteristically, they are not a bomb, so they won’t explode. “

“Alright then if that is the case, how do the hydrogen cells now becomes a threat? “
“Because it’s not the ordinary excited hydrogen cells that really is the problem. Though with the electromagnetic field keeping them in flux, with enough speed, they can explode but it won’t be a significant explosion. Won’t be enough to destroy this whole level. The real threat is that they plan to use super heated hydrogen cells. “

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 1:01pm On Sep 03, 2018
Leyland ran his fingers through his hair, a little worried and confused. “But I’m sure the electromagnetic field can’t turn ordinary hydrogen cells to super heated ones. “
“No it can’t. “
“So how do they plan super heating the hydrogen cells? “
“All they have to do is locate a power source, like a power junction that provides electricity. They can attach the electromagnetic container to the power junction. Kill its field, then the hydrogen cells will feed from the electric power from the power junction, getting super heated and instantly going critical. A micro yield nuclear explosion. “

With a loud curse , Leyland asked the cyborg with lips trembling. “What is the destructive radius? “
“About four to six kilometer wide radius for the primary explosion. The secondary effects and aftershock will cover up to eleven kilometers. “
“Damn that is like wiping out the whole city of Geneva. “ The general shook his head in disbelief. He knows that compared to a real nuclear explosion, what the cyborg just said is nothing . The problem is the status of the city of Geneva before the earth and solar system, if that city is destroyed, it will be a big blow to earth and the political ramifications will be far wide. Besides the instant death of hundreds of thousands of people that will be killed if Geneva gets destroyed is a lot to swallow.

“How many power junctions are close enough for them to use in achieving their goals effectively? “ Marvel asked.
“From my previous knowledge of that city, twelve of them are possible. But three junctions are within close area of the senate building. One is directly below it. This one will be the most effective and might be their target. “
“Alright cyborg. Any ideas who will be used and if we can still stop them? “
As response the cyborg turned back to the data terminal, plugging into it again and a flat holo display came up showing faces. Marvel came around staring closely at the faces but none of them were familiar.

“Yes it will be impossible to identify them as all their identities have been erased. Syntech performed extensive micro surgeries on all twenty seven of them, that their faces, finger prints, dental shapes, retina and voice patterns have all been changed. They now have different identification. “ The cyborg pulled up another holo sheet with figures that looks like travel points. “At this time they are already on their way to earth if they are not there already. “

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 9:26pm On Sep 03, 2018
“What do you think is the best way that the hydrogen cells can be hidden to pass all customs and security checks?”
“The best way I can think of is they can put it up either as a pharmaceutical product or medical research results performed outside the planet and brought back in. “ the cyborg replied Marvel.
The bounty hunter turned to the general, “I think this is where your Earthwatch agents will really come in. They will need to apprehend these twenty seven targets before they are allowed to get to earth and go into hiding. “

Replying the general handed a data cube to the cyborg. “Download the detailed data of those men here and all available records that will make tracking them down possible. “
“How easily will it be while working with orbital and planetary customs, for you to check pharmaceutical products or medical research results coming into the earth planet?”
“That won’t be easy. Thousands of those come to earth daily. “

“Shit general, these guys may actually give you the slip. “
“Yea Marvel. Let me call the president, he will need to hear this. “ Leyland said as he heads out of the room, called on one of the marine carrying a bulky FTL comm unit strapped to his back.
The unit is a very powerful communication device for an almost instant message delivery. But at this time the strength of it won’t be tested as the general will only need to call the flagship hanging high above them. Then a secured link will be established for the general to make a real time holo call to the president. Leyland waited a bit as the communication personnel at the bridge of MMS-Defiant set up the link with earth. The usual multicolored display on the holo screen was up as the various security protocols and clearance were made. It took five whole uncomfortable minutes for the call to finally get through as the worried face of the president appeared on the holo screen.

“Leyland your calls takes priority to me these days. “ The president said. He is in his early fifties, black hair, a long face with well trimmed black mustache and striking blue eyes. “Hope you have good news for me? “
“I’m afraid not sir. “ Leyland’s sober reply seems to hit the president like a wooden bat to the face.
“Alright general, lay it out as it really is. “ the chief executive of the earth government said as he relaxed back on his posh real leather chair.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 9:35pm On Sep 03, 2018
Marvel and the others waited in uncomfortable silence for the general to return. By the time lieutenant McCain was back with those of his team who survived. Two of the majors with Leyland were also present and only a single captain survived out of the four that came out of the troop carriers, the four companies that Leyland has led. He wasn’t surprised seeing the old general still fighting on the front line. He knows the general’s antecedents as a fighting man.

He won’t pass off a chance to lead his men on the front line of battle. That is why he is distinguished among his peers and superiors in the military command of the space marine and earth’s army.
“Any of you by any chance met Mr. Dalmar or Jeffrey? The two major people behind all these? “ Marvel asked the officers generally.
Each of them shook their heads in the negative.

“Don’t worry about Jeffery though, I turned him to a live crispy barbecue. “ Jade said with a smirk plastered on her face.
“That use to be my punchline. “ the Mole whispered to Marvel with his lip grinding shut.
“Well the pretty annoying spy just spoilt your monopoly on it. “ Marvel replied without any real levity. “At times you just had to hate the obnoxious cocky act of that girl. Hard to believe that the self disciplined and professional admiral is her uncle. “
Just then the general walked back in, his worried features stilling clinging to his face. “Got through to the president and the response isn’t nice. He made it clear that we can’t go public with this. The senate are panicky enough already as it is without adding this new Intel into the mix. Besides the president has his political ambition to watch out for too. The line that the president of earth’s government is the most powerful person in the universe is an illusion at best. Two third of earth global senate can veto him at any time. And they retain the power to remove him from office whenever they feel like .

“With this in mind, the president wants us to handle this discreetly without calling the major security agencies into it. He took your suggestion, Marvel, that the Earthwatch should locate those twenty seven men and apprehend them. And he has also ordered that we all withdrew from here and return back to earth to handle this new crisis. Finally the president still maintains that he wants either Dalmar or Jeffrey apprehended alive and unharmed. If we can secure them both, better. Arresting them will spike the president’s appraisal positive ratings high among earth’s senators.”

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 9:41pm On Sep 03, 2018
“Oh sorry to inform you sir, Jeffery is out of the equation, Your spy girl decided to learn the barbecue art by using Jeffery as her first trial. “ Marvel snickered.
“Oh crap.” The general said, shaking his head sadly but a wide smile on his face. “What about Dalmar, any thing. “
“Nada, my guess is he is still alive here somewhere. “ the Mole replied.

“Hopefully we can get him alive. “ Turning to Marvel he continued speaking. “As per the order I just received, Marvel I know your present contract has just elapsed. But the president specifically asked for your help in this, considering your record of successes with this. He will trust no one else. So he ordered that I recruit you again, with an open offer. Ask any price. “
“Any price? “ the Mole grinned as he whispered to Marvel. “Now those are the words I like to hear. Hope we are taking it? “
“Yea, I have to. We still got bills to pay. I’m owing Hardwire for this suit. And I’m backwards on my payment to Dr. Guthrie and the cyborg for helping me build my new quarters. “ With a bored look, Marvel told the general, “Guess I will take it. I want five times of my usual fee. Might as well milk the government for all I can. I’m also charging three times that for expenses. “

“Alright son you got yourself a deal. “
“Sir with the look on your face, it seems I won’t like where this assignment will be taking me. “
“No Marvel, you won’t like it one bit. “ Leyland raised an eyebrow giving Marvel that looked he used to be familiar with back then. “You will be going to earth, with all the restrictions that entails. “
“Damn, “ Marvel groaned, as Jade couldn’t hold back her self as she howled with laughter. A stern look from Leyland made her struggle to control the laughter to low soft giggles.
“Don’t worry Marvel, it will be fun. You have stayed too long away from the mother planet. “

The general was still speaking when a loud pitched whine sounded.
Before any of them can react, a marine sniper came running in, cradling a bulky sniper rifle in his hands.
“Sir, Sir, “ the marine, who was a corporal said, after being winded. “The super cruiser parked at the space ship hanger just lifted and headed out to space. “
“Guess that answered the question of where Dalmar is. “ The general said calling on the marine with the comm unit.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 5:32pm On Sep 04, 2018
Dalmar most go downn for good
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 5:44pm On Sep 04, 2018
Damibiz:
Dalmar most go downn for good
Lol you think so? Dalmar is much more resourceful than you think.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 8:02pm On Sep 04, 2018
Wow,.tor we go de see na
Apollux:
Lol you think so? Dalmar is much more resourceful than you think.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by tunjilomo(m): 8:07am On Sep 05, 2018
Well done. To Earth we go.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Parollawd(m): 8:46am On Sep 05, 2018
finally got here

visit www.donsimonii.com for other interesting stories
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:15pm On Sep 05, 2018
✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴
Admiral Makushiba listened carefully to the voice of general Leyland as he called again from that asteroid. He was happy that the general lived through the skirmish on that rock. Though he had recommended that the general get his troops out of there so the place can be destroyed. This time the general has informed him of a super cruiser leaving the asteroid and heading their way. The cruiser should not be allowed to escape but should be barricaded and made to surrender as much as possible. He said that one of their top target, Dalmar is believed to be in it and the president needs him alive to face trial. Well the fighting over here is finished, all forty ships of the mega corporations were destroyed. Though they have suffered casualties of there own, but he has enough ships to block the escape route of the coming super cruiser.

The person monitoring the scanner reports that the ship just showed up. The admiral ordered the communications operator to create radio contact with the coming cruiser, asking them to stop and prepare to be boarded or be fired upon. The super cruiser did not respond. Makushiba ordered the gunner to fire warning shots. The exploding shells around the super cruiser didn’t deter it from its direct course.
“Sir, “ the scanner and sensor operative called on the admiral’s attention. “The ship is not only refusing to slow down or change course, it has increased its speed and headed for our direction. I believe it intends to either ram us or get close enough to us and then go into hyperspace. The gravity from the space warp at so close a range for hyperspace entry will prove disastrous to this ship. “

The admiral thought for a while. He felt sad that he may not be able to fully carry out the president’s wishes. The president is a good man, as good as politicians go. He knows how important the capture of this man will go a long way to strengthened the president’s hold on political power. At least from the little he knows, the president has been in a state of panic considering the pressure the senate is putting on him. He just needs to score this one big and right. The admiral wished he can give the president that, but that is looking more and more impossible. The only option left for him is to take out that super cruiser. He can always apologize to the chief executive later and tender his resignation if the president feel he has lost confidence in him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:20pm On Sep 05, 2018
The admiral ordered the cruiser to be taken out. With swift control, the gunner opened one of the missile ports on the ship and with a touched, released two wildfire missiles. The smart targeting on the missiles locked on the coming cruiser that has maintained a steady course without any evasive maneuver what so over despite the locked on warnings. Just then, the twin missiles hammered on the super cruiser and it blew up with a spectacular fireball explosion.

On the airless surface of the asteroid, the four troop carriers have landed and the marines were filing in. Marvel, the Mole and cyborg headed for the Max Neo which has landed too for them to get in. For some unknown reason Jade hadn’t joined the troop carrier but came to the Max Neo to hitch a ride with them. General Leyland was the last to get aboard the troop carrier. But before stepping on the steps leading to the open hatch, he looked up, the helmet faceplate magnification showed him a sudden orange glowed explosion. He was sad that they couldn’t stop the cruiser and arrest Dalmar. Well they did all they could. As he stepped in, the troop carrier lifted from the surface of Omiron 09 to join the other three and Max Neo heading for the flag ship.

After the troop carriers and Max Neo landed on the flagship, the admiral waited for the general to join him at the bridge.
“Seems we failed to capture the target alive. “ the general said sadly as he came into the bridge.
“No way to stop the super cruiser on time nor cripple it. Even if we had shot it with the EN-NG maxi gun to cripple the cruiser, it wouldn’t have helped as the mass of the vessel has already generated a mini gravity pull which is already moving it to our ship even without the aid of a fusion drive, it would have still rammed us. And I don’t want to take the chance of the ship being filled with explosives, making a suicide run at us. A move they have tried earlier on. “
“Well seems we will both take the fall together for this. “ the general told the admiral after listening to him. “If he is pushed to a corner and all these go bad, he may be pressurized to offer us as scapegoats. “

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 3:28pm On Sep 05, 2018
Apollox is viewing.....show us love
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:36pm On Sep 05, 2018
They both laughed at this to the surprise of the bridge attendants who has never remembered anytime they had seen their admiral smile not to talk of laughing. Still they all mind their businesses knowing how important the next event is.
“Ready for the fire works? “ the admiral asked his colleague.
“It’s why I’m here, can’t miss it for anything. “ Leyland replied.
“Ok gunner blow it up. “ Makushiba ordered.

The gunner has been waiting for this opportunity. He had already charged the primary weapon of the flagship to full, which has not been used yet. The full photon cannon, this weapon can fire both a Lance of concentrated energy or a ball of nuclear fusion core, both have the same devastating force. The photon cannon shoots energy beam that is equivalent to the nuclear fusion going on in the heart of a small star. With the lance or beam, it is powerful enough to slice a super dreadnought ship in half. Then the ball of nuclear fusion has the thermonuclear destructive capabilities of a megaton warhead yield. It simply vaporizes its target. That is why this weapon is never authorized to be used in a planet because the beam can cut through a planet’s crust to the core. With a push of the fire button, the cannon fired a pure white beam of concentrated nuclear fusion which hit the asteroid in a mini second. Borrowing through the thick rocks, vaporizing the rocks and hitting the bowels, slashing through the metal support struts.

Within the asteroid, a particular room, that was used as a trap for a data terminal. Where Jade had left with a fire explosion. The room was still filled with dwindling smoke, burnt scorch marks and blown pieces. Among these is the charred remains of Jeffery. The skins were burnt and blackened. The bones that should have been exposed were covered by silver colored liquid which the heat from the fire has melted. The silver colored liquid was the silicon-fibre that covered the erstwhile diseased damage skin tissue.

Just then the liquid silicon-fibre flowed back to the burnt nanobots made bones, then wrapped themselves around it. The fingers of the hand twitched then moved. The head of Jeffery that was burnt badly with skins charred and falling off lifted. He knew he was barely staying alive. Most of his body parts are damaged, even parts of those with the nanobots and silicon-fibre skins are no longer functional.

At least one of his hand was moving and he can still feel sensations from the other one. His mind swoon, nausea threatening to shut his brains down as pains buffeted him from all angles. Though his power chair was no longer of use to bim after he cured himself, he didn’t destroy it. With touch of his wrist control that thankfully, escaped the fire explosion, he called on the chair to come get him. But before he passed into unconscious, he activated an auto preset plan for escape.

The power chair changed shaped, became elongated and in the form of a pod, a medical cube. It rose on anti gravity rings placed below it. Soon it located the stilled body of Jeffery which has passed out. It came close to it, opened itself, landing on the prone body, it encased it, lifting it from the ground and sealing the body in a static environment within it. Following its preset programing, the pod shot out with speed aiming for a maintenance shaft which lead to a small single person flyer-craft with fusion drive capable of limited FTL travel. The craft came on and powered itself following the preset command. It came on, as a little part of the small personal hanger made for it opened. It shot out with a silent thrust out of the asteroid as the photon beam from MMS-Defiant hit the asteroid. As the Omiron 09 blew up and was vaporized, the flyer-craft flew away into space, too small for the scanner to pick up except as a space debris. When it got to a safe distance it shot into hyperspace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:43pm On Sep 05, 2018
Watching with satisfaction from the bridge of the flagship, Leyland looked impassively as the asteroid appeared to be torn in two them blew up with all the scattering pieces melting and vanishing too.
“Well I’m glad this is all over, at least for this place. Take us to earth, Admiral, the next fire we need to quench is there. “

With partial repairs done on the damaged ships, they were landing in the bow of the flagship. The surviving Destroyers and Lancers, took formation around the flag ship, and one after the other they went into hyperspace.
The space around the destroyed Omiron 09 became empty… almost empty. As on one of the rocks that made up the Iron Belt Cluster, a silvery shape was lying still. It was a mini shuttle, that was for a single passenger. In it is the head of Iris System Securities, who it was assumed died when his super cruiser was destroyed. But Dalmar hasn’t been in the cruiser when it was blown up. He knew that the earth government will want to get him alive so they might hesitate at first before shooting at his attacking cruiser.

But when the warning shots has been fired, Dalmar knew he has to get out of the cruiser. He ordered his crew to continue to pilot the cruiser at the flagship and when close enough should jump to hyperspace. Telling them that the move will destroy the flag ship. While Dalmar has pretend to head for his private quarters in the super cruiser. But his quarters has a secret lift that takes him directly to a hidden mini shuttle he has kept for an emergency escape.

Entering the mini shuttle, he has pulled out of his super cruiser before it was blown to bits. He has piloted the mini shuttle to ride on the explosion and mimic one of the debris then landed on one of the surrounding rocks and waited for the earth government ships to leave before Powering up the mini shuttle and heading for space. The earth government hasn’t won yet. Cedric is on his way to earth to blow up the senate building with all the earth senators within it and take a huge chunk of Geneva’s city population with it.

Still as he piloted the tiny craft through space, what was going through his mind was Alpha project. This is their last fall back effort to counter the increasing threat of the earth government. It’s a pity that Jeffrey has to die inside that rock. Well truth be told, Dalmar didn’t feel any pity at Jeffery’s demise at all, he never really liked him. Well at least a portion of the digitized memories of Nicolas is still with him. That will come in handy when he kick starts the Alpha project. Dalmar plotted the course of the mini shuttle to a point in space far beyond any part touched by human Colonial expansions. Well that is the rendezvous for Alpha project. With a push of the control, the mini shuttle went into hyperspace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by tunjilomo(m): 7:08pm On Sep 05, 2018
I knew they wouldn't die, they were too crafty to die in such an undignified manner, crazy people. And I love how you did their escapes Apollux, it was very convincing and doubt free.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 2:34pm On Sep 07, 2018
Chapter Thirteen

Cedric watched the cabin of the cargo shuttle, vain-lady, as it arrived at the orbital defense station that surrounds earth. The cabin was a short one with seats for less that a score of passengers which are mostly the crew and few others whose cargoes are carried by the shuttle and decided to take the risk of traveling along with them in the shuttle. One disadvantage of it is that cargo liners are among the slowest interstellar vehicles, so traveling in one is a huge chore especially when it is a trip between distant star systems. For Cedric, it wasn’t that bad because he had been taking several connecting space flights to throw off the scents, if any one is snooping behind him.

He had left Omiron 09 taking a fast private transport to the Sirius star systems of Sirius A and B. These are the systems where the administrative seats of the colonies are located, there by making it a hub of activities in all Colonial space. From there he had taken another fast privately rented space yacht to 61 Cygni system, where a consignment was waiting for him. This was the metallic cylinder that contained the inert hydrogen cells encased in an electromagnetic field which he hoped to super heat when it is time for its use. Getting all the clearing documents and manifest needed, he loaded it to the private yacht then headed back to Sirius A system.

There he had ditched the private yacht and sourced for the admin officer that will grant him the official cover for the cargo his is carrying and a new identity, with a qualification in the pharmaceutical field. The admin officer was also able to procured a request form from a company on earth called Health Line Pharmaceuticals (H.E.L.P), a deep front company for Iris System Securities. So this will give Cedric all the security covers he needed. But the documents weren’t authorized from there in other to keep suspicion to the minimum. For the authorized signatory, he will have to take the cargo and documents to another star system. He took a private craft this time provided for him by the admin officer on Sirius A, with the understanding that the vehicle will be destroyed by Cedric after its use.

His destination this time is the Canis Majoris and Minoris star systems. This is another twin star systems similar to the Sirius A and B, but the Canis Majoris runs the best banking system in all the colonies, enough to rival anything the solar system possesses . But Cedric’s destination wasn’t the Majoris but the Minoris, that have planets with sizable industries among them is a thriving Biochemical and genetic engineering industry. This is where Cedric will get the documents signed and authorized so it will look like the cargo was going to earth from here.

Having accomplished that, he activated the self destruct mechanism in the private craft he came with. As it was destroyed in deep space, he booked another flight for Tau ceti system, then from their, rented a cargo space on the vain-lady, cargo shuttle, whose slow traveling speed will take almost thirty seven hours to go from there to earth.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by izicky(m): 2:54pm On Sep 07, 2018
tunjilomo:
I knew they wouldn't die, they were too crafty to die in such an undignified manner, crazy people. And I love how you did their escapes Apollux, it was very convincing and doubt free.
i too was hoping it would not end with Dalmar and jeffrey dying soon.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 4:06pm On Sep 07, 2018
Cedric was at least glad that the cargo vessel was able to clear all the security stops and checks at every defense stations within the solar system. The solar system is the most secured and protected one in all human occupied space. From the outlying planets, Pluto, Uranus and Neptune, there is a hyperspace screen/dampener that prevents ships traveling in hyperspace from entering the solar system without being stopped. The hyperspace damper will pull the ships out of hyperspace for the thorough security check ups.

So at each planet of the solar system, ships are pulled out of hyperspace to be checked before allowed to move on. So it takes several hyperspace jumps to get to earth. Though there are vessels that can by pass all these stops and security check ups: those with diplomatic cover and military clearance. Cedric could have used a special security clearance to skip all these delays but that will make him noticeable, which he needs to avoid totally. He has to travel as anonymous as possible for him to be successful. Traveling to the solar system is closer if he had come from Nuterra directly but that will make his cover less secure and besides he needed to get that consignment at the Sirius system.

Taking a casual look at the monitor before him that he had vehemently requested for from the captain of the shuttle so he can see whatever is going on outside, he saw the circular defensive platform of the earth’s planetary defense. Ahead of that are some dreadnought ships scattered at various orbits around the earth. A massive shadow that dwarfs all of these is the stationary silhouette of a super dreadnought ship. Lights winking from all its multi-layered decks. The orbital planetary defense platform has numerous docking bays to accommodate the steady space traffic coming into and going out of the planet. A very noticeable thing about it than the hundreds of thousands of pinpoints of lights on it is the hundreds of bristling huge pointed cylinders of various sizes of gun and cannon turrets. Missile platforms are well hidden and can come into full defensive and attack mode in less a second.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 4:13pm On Sep 07, 2018
As he watched, he saw the vain-lady got into a queue of other space vessels lined up for security and custom checks. Getting closer to the platform he noticed that an upgrade to earth’s security system was in place, far different from what he knew a few years back. The defense platform is not just one but many, covering most of earth’s mid orbital area. And they serve another purpose, as they are linked together and the links provides an energy screen covering the whole surface area of the planet.

After a while it was the cargo shuttle’s turn to be docked and checked. The vain-lady settled on the docking space cleared for it then cut off the power. Outside the hall of the shuttle, looking through the monitor, Cedric could see that the docking bay was a wide area, as far as the eyes can see on all sides, there were ships berthed of varying sizes and shapes. Then there were armored and heavily armed space patrol troopers all standing at specific points in the bay area. Then orbital port security personnel have their booths all scattered about with a chair and table having data consoles with holo monitors. Each of the booth has four space patrol troops guarding it. Vessels coming from outside the solar system were subjected to more security scrutiny than intra system ones.

While still watching, Cedric saw the ship’s captain, a bald old ship hand, with his first mate going to the orbital port security booth for clearance while a scanning machine ran its green light over the cargo shuttle . Then it raised a red alarm when it scanned the cargo area. With the red light, the orbital port security person talking with the shuttle’s captain stopped, checked the readings showing on his monitor which was supplied by the scanner. After a while, he seem to ask the captain several questions which he answered by shaking his head and pointing at the direction of the cargo shuttle.

Cedric knew that what was causing the problem was his cargo. It has been flagged red by the scanning machine. The captain is doing a fast talking so as to gain the complete cargo fee Cedric has agreed to pay him. His talk seem not to convince his listener though as the orbital port security personnel stood from the booth and headed for the cargo shuttle, accompanied by the four armed space patrol troopers and an obviously unhappy captain and first mate. As soon as Cedric knew they were coming, he switched off the monitor and put it away. Soon the port security officer came in accompanied by others.

He called for Cedric, asked about the nature of his consignment, its place of origin, destination and authorization. Cedric answered curtly but politely. He produced the authorized documents which were viewed and scanned by the port security personal. He asked to be shown the consignment, which the captain led him to the storage area of the shuttle, and showed him the about a meter high stainless steel cylinder. He scanned it again, comparing the readings to the specifications given on the documents. When both tallied, he nodded his head but was still unconvinced. He made a holo vid call, which Cedric guessed was to his superiors which will be linked to the office of H.E.L.P. After several minutes of conversing on different images appearing on the holo screen, he was finally convinced and gave the authorization for the consignment to pass.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 4:26pm On Sep 07, 2018
With skills acquired from years of piloting, the captain powered up the shuttle and moved through a small space opened on the energy screen then descended planet side along with other vehicles around the planet. Cedric was back watching the monitor, seeing the blue glow of the earth, with swashes of white clouds. As much as he hates earth, the planet is always a beauty to watch from space. It revolves like a sapphire gem among a black background with millions of pinpoints of stars. He didn’t look too far before he saw weather satellites at geo-centric orbits over varies sectors of the earth.

As the vain-lady descended further, floating hotels, sky casinos, gambling parlors, spas, private castles and palaces of the wealthy and affluent took up positions in the lower orbit. Those huge buildings kept afloat by the power of antigravity rings and fusion propulsion. Just then the shuttle broke into the clouds, some meters below that the tall spires from the New London space station. Broking through the cover, the tightly packed metropolis spread out on all sides of the island and coming down closer the ruins of the old London city was like a blight on the surface being torn apart by the parting of river Thames.

The space air traffic control on New London Space port was already communicating with the cargo shuttle, authenticating its flight and creating a landing part for it on the space port ground. The shuttle landed and shortly after that, its bald captain climbed out of the pilot’s cockpit, coming to meet Cedric where he was calmly sitting as other people in the cabin started moving out to the cargo space to claim there consignments. Cedric wasn’t worried though because his consignment was locked with secured password codes which can’t be hacked easily.

“Ahoy shipmate, what a bumpy ride right, “ the captain said, with several teeth exchanged with platinum and three lined scar plastered along his jaw, which he felt was like a badge of his office. “Your shipment s’touched down dingy safe n’sound, aye. “
Cedric touched his jaw scratching a persistent itch which the artificial beard has created. For this mission, he had undergone intense micro surgery made by Syntech that has covered his face and skin surface with a micro layer of synthetic flesh. Though it has a short duration, it is well made that within that period it can fool the most sophisticated security scanner.

The synth-flesh has given him a new facial appearance with a mustache and beard. A dark brown hair, a new finger print and retina pattern. Also the skin’s cellular texture is even different. All these are tied to the new identity he is carrying around now. No amount of deep scan can see through the subterfuge. But the by product of it is that the synth-flesh gives him a persistent itch all over his body.
“Get me your bank chip and I’d make your payment complete. “ Cedric stood calmly handing over the holo monitor back to him.
“Hoy sire, like we contracted at the ‘fore, all t’payment ‘s ‘n cash, “ the captain said still smiling but a nervous look clouded his face. Instinctively, he must have surmised that Cedric is a lot more than a paying customer.
“Alright let’s get this over with. “ Cedric went out of the cabin to the storage area to the personal space given to him to keep his merchandise without interference. The captain had charged him three times the normal cargo charge for the whole space.

4 Likes

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by rockhillz(m): 10:42pm On Sep 09, 2018
Ah....Sir apolux.......its been 2 days now.... Abeg we day patiently wait
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 10:44am On Sep 10, 2018
rockhillz:
Ah....Sir apolux.......its been 2 days now....
Abeg we day patiently wait
Will post updates today. If u have noticed it's always hard for me to update on weekends because I'm usually tied down
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 1:34pm On Sep 10, 2018
The captain followed closely behind him while instructing his first mate to watch the other passengers who had to offload their cargoes. With the security on the lock of his privately rented space opened, Cedric went in, recalling that the agreement with the captain was that all payments will be made in physical cash. A very strange request, an archaic method of payment that only smugglers and black market traders still uses. Getting a place to spend paper credit is almost impossible to find on normal legitimate business areas.

This is raising questions in Cedric’s mind about the other extra activities of this cargo shuttle captain. But that is not his business to mind. The captain has performed his part of the contract and Cedric should complete his part. Cedric thought about simply killing him to maintain his security tight cover. But he discarded the idea. Killing the captain here and now will most likely draw the attention of investigators which will put Cedric on the run prematurely. Getting through the door, he pulled out a metal suitcase, opening it are neatly folded and banded untraceable uni credit notes. About fifteen thousand of them.

“Here is the agreed amount, fifteen grands uni credit, unmarked and untraceable. “ Cedric handed the case to the captain.
“Yes, sire, yes. Glad am I. Joyful doing trade with you. “ the captain took the suit case, with a cursory looked at the well stacked bills he nodded as if the stated amount is correct.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 2:46pm On Sep 10, 2018
Pulling out an anti-gravity trolley, he moved it to lift the big cylindrical canister of electromagnetic field which housed the hydrogen cells. With slow pushing, he pulled the trolley out of the cargo shuttle, heading for the space port custom area. The sun was slowly going down as evening began to shift towards dusk, the dying daylight painting the sky in a multi layered colors of orange, indigo and gray clouds. Soon he was in the midst of other passengers going to the custom areas to be cleared and allowed out of the space port.

He wasn’t going through the path of just passengers, he went to the cargo clearing area. At the custom booth, a female space port custom officer was sitting behind the armored bullet and lazer proof plastiglass. She is a wild eyed female with gold colored hair pulled back severely into a bump. She was all official and professional. Her green and gray uniform crisp. His details were already before the data console before her, showing on the holo display she was focused on. His passport was stamped and his cargo was cleared. What Cedric didn’t know, is that a call had gone to H.E.L.P and cleared the cargo. Those at the pharmaceutical company confirmed the order for the said consignment. With that, Cedric was passed without delay. Normally if not for cover and anonymity, his mega corporations connections would have passed him through all these security check up without a single delay.

Four space port security armed in rifles came to Cedric and led him through the quick cargo passing so he won’t have to be delayed going through the passengers passing area. Coming out of the exit of the space sport, a wide area for visitors and parking spaces for official vehicles. Beyond that is the busy streets of the New London city. Fast moving air cars and sky busses were plying through the skies of the city amidst high rise buildings hundreds of meters tall. As other travelers crowded out of the exit some greeting family members and friends who had come to welcome them, Cedric saw someone on a neat corporate suit with two others behind him, also on suits but black on white. The bulge at the breast area evidenced that they are armed. The man on corporate suit came to Cedric to exchanged pleasantries.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 3:06pm On Sep 10, 2018
This Dalmar nd Jeffery way no die de Pain me like crazy,nw Cedric come join Again,na woh,nice work Man
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:25pm On Sep 10, 2018
“That should be the consignment. “ the corporate man said, his voice rasp and dry.
“Yes, “ Cedric replied with little interest. “I was told there will be transportation provided to convey us to your facility. “
“Yes, please come with me. “ So saying he led Cedric pulling the trolley with him and the two silent armed men came after them. Getting to the parking area, he was led to a small truck with a mini trailer behind. “The consignment goes on here while you will join me on that. “ He pointed at a black slick air limo parked ahead.

“ No, I stay where the cargo stays. It doesn’t go out of my sight till I have officially deliver it to the H.E.L.P facility. “ Cedric ignored the look of surprise and disdain he was given. He just pushed the trolley to the truck, the trailer opened, pushing the trolley inside he climbed in with it. Gladly there was a bench in the trailer, which Cedric sat down on. As the trailer’s door slid shut, he was glad that despite been air tight, the trailer had internal air circulation so he could breathe.

There were two small see through areas on the trailer with a transparent plastiglass. With that Cedric watched as the corporate suit man climbed into the limo accompanied by the men on black suits. Just then with a slight pressure pushing air away, the limo rose into the air. With a slight stir, the truck moved into the air too. Shortly both vehicles joined the busy traffics of the city.

New London like most metropolis on earth was tightly packed with building, high magnetic monorail train tracks circling large areas of city blocks. Air cars and trucks travels on height within the tall buildings of the city. But much higher than that are the fliers and yachts that goes to lower orbits and occasionally get into higher orbit and space. All these Cedric noted all these but paid little attention to them, his mind focused on what lay ahead.

The sky was getting dark and the city was a mixture of multi colored lights flooding the city. So many holographic words were floating on air billboards, human shaped holograms and neon glows all advertising several products. Some of these lights adverts were several meters high. Few minutes later the truck came into a landing area and parked. Getting out of the truck, he pulled the trolley with him as he looked ahead.

The limo was already parked, the corporate suit man was already with the security clearing their way. The security area was before a short access road covered in armored transparisteel in the shape of an arc leading to the facility. The facility is in the form of long stainless steel cylinders all painted white, high like a regular sky scraper, five of them in all enclosed within a lazer energy wall humming with power. The center cylinder has a green colored pharmaceutical cross with the name H.E.L.P above it, all on holographic lights.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 5:25pm On Sep 10, 2018
Cedric...oh Cedric...u will die Commatose
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 8:34pm On Sep 11, 2018
Having been cleared by the security, Cedric took the trolley inside, get to the authorized person, handed over the consignment, along with the the documents to them, then copies were given back to him as evidence that he had delivered it successfully. Out side the security post over the facility, a black air car was waiting for him. The security men at the entrance were about to accost the driver of the car when Cedric came out telling them the car is for him. Getting into the air car, Cedric recognized the driver as one of the twenty seven men he was supposed to carry out this mission with. Same with the second man at the shotgun seat at the front. Taking his seat at the back, he directed the driver to take him to the rendezvous place.

The driver of the air car risked being stopped by the air traffic patrol of the New London metropolis at the speed it was moving through the city’s air traffic. Blazing through the spaces between tall buildings at blurring air speed. It was moving at barely subsonic speed so the car doesn’t create a sonic boom that will draw unwanted attention. Well they have to risk that because as soon as the consignment was delivered, they had to move swiftly because time is now running against them. The air car was leaving the city of New London and heading to the ruins of the old one.

As they moved, other air vehicles with lights blazing were passed and left behind. The ruins of the old London could not really be seen because it was already dark, but it was clear that this area was not like a normal city as the hundreds of pinpoints of lights that would have announced it were none existing. Though there were old buildings that still had few lights from their windows but they were very few. Any way London had never really been a city tightly packed with tall sky rise buildings but that started changing at the start of the 22nd century.

At this time the United Kingdom was facing stiff competition from the growing economy of the European Union, which had made several trade deals with rising global mega corporations. The competitive advantage the British pound had given them was eroding as trade and investments turned mostly to the E.U countries, slowly strengthening the Eurodollars. At first the British pound sterling held its own until the American continent Federation came in. This is the merger of the United States, Canada, Mexico and Brazil. With a deal with the E.U. the Eurodollar was dropped and the interdollar was adopted. This was the single means of exchange in the ACF (American Continent Federation).

As the E.U adopted the Interdollar, the pound sterling was doomed. The United Kingdom dwindled into economic collapse and recession. Soon the British pound became worthless in the international market as most global trade were done through interdollars. The UK had to choose between keeping to their conservative ways or surrender to the new global move of corporate dominated governance. One of the requirements for the UK to be accepted into the new economic giants of the world is that they dropped their monarchy and embrace total republican government. It was a tough choice as those loyal to the old system of things still had the greater voice in the British parliament. Besides the crown had accumulated so much wealth over the centuries for them to hold on against the pressures from the new global move.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (36) (Reply)

Strings And Webs / As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story / Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.