Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,861 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Funmi Iyanda: Yoruba Men Don't Mind If Their Wives Cheat - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Funmi Iyanda: Yoruba Men Don't Mind If Their Wives Cheat (51340 Views)

Funmi Iyanda:"I Believe Busola Dakolo Rape, Pastor Biodun Will Go To Jail" / “I Get Paid To Have Sex,” Funmi Iyanda Tells Man Hunting For A Sugar Mummy / Funmi Iyanda Blasted Over Tboss Tweets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funmi Iyanda: Yoruba Men Don't Mind If Their Wives Cheat by Ajgal10(f): 6:57am On May 03, 2017
[quote author=Eventoned post=56149304]The media personality made the statement in a video posted on her YouTube page. In her words: "I think a lot of things we call African culture are actually a confusion and bastardization of Victorian ideas, Victorian philosophy and Victorian culture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF9k_F3pI9s

This is why this Yoruba thing is very interesting because what people don't like is that they are paired on one hand to be very Western and on the other hand they behave like bushmen who are polygamous in nature" she said.

Funmi Iyanda went on to say the modern Yoruba man struggles in between traditional Yoruba values and Victorian principles. "What you get are these young men who on the surface of it look like westernized men but deep down they have these ideas of Yoruba ideas of what relationships should be.

Deep down the average Yoruba man wants to be like his great-great-great grandfather. He doesn't really mind his wife cheating as long as he doesn't know."

Source: http://ovoko.com.ng/yoruba-men-dont-mind-wives-cheat-funmi-iyanda/

Absolutely True! Their relationships are quite too permissive. Husband be doing his thing, wife be doing her thing.

2 Likes

Re: Funmi Iyanda: Yoruba Men Don't Mind If Their Wives Cheat by iglimen: 6:59am On May 03, 2017
Eventoned:
The media personality made the statement in a video posted on her YouTube page. In her words: "I think a lot of things we call African culture are actually a confusion and bastardization of Victorian ideas, Victorian philosophy and Victorian culture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF9k_F3pI9s

This is why this Yoruba thing is very interesting because what people don't like is that they are paired on one hand to be very Western and on the other hand they behave like bushmen who are polygamous in nature" she said.

Funmi Iyanda went on to say the modern Yoruba man struggles in between traditional Yoruba values and Victorian principles. "What you get are these young men who on the surface of it look like westernized men but deep down they have these ideas of Yoruba ideas of what relationships should be.

Deep down the average Yoruba man wants to be like his great-great-great grandfather. He doesn't really mind his wife cheating as long as he doesn't know."

Source: http://ovoko.com.ng/yoruba-men-dont-mind-wives-cheat-funmi-iyanda/

100% true.... very very true... Yoruba women and cheating, no rival

2 Likes

Re: Funmi Iyanda: Yoruba Men Don't Mind If Their Wives Cheat by Donald7610: 7:14am On May 03, 2017
I forgave my ex on cheating
Yet she became worst
Na Ibadan girl

3 Likes

Re: Funmi Iyanda: Yoruba Men Don't Mind If Their Wives Cheat by maasoap(m): 7:16am On May 03, 2017
TINALETC3:
grin both dia men and women cn cheat 4 Africa, grin, it's only in dia land, u wl see a jobless young guy getting married, at d end, d lady is left to cater 4 herself and her kids and Dats where d cheating comes in 4 d lady tongue #truthisbitter
And, in your own tribe, they prefer going into the armed robbery just to be able to pay the bride price.

3 Likes

Re: Funmi Iyanda: Yoruba Men Don't Mind If Their Wives Cheat by 9jayes: 7:28am On May 03, 2017
Awoo88:
Magun go catch you one day
4get dat tin
Re: Funmi Iyanda: Yoruba Men Don't Mind If Their Wives Cheat by RicardoRich(m): 7:32am On May 03, 2017
originalKsp:
eheeeee...my future wife must not try me
Lol...
Re: Funmi Iyanda: Yoruba Men Don't Mind If Their Wives Cheat by femi4: 7:33am On May 03, 2017
9jayes:
She gal yi o ya were sha? Tho sex with married women is sweeter than single ladies talking from experience
and you are proud of it

2 Likes

Re: Funmi Iyanda: Yoruba Men Don't Mind If Their Wives Cheat by Mcreloaded(m): 7:41am On May 03, 2017
So it is like this that most tenants children resemble their landlords
The high number of likes is worrisome if truth be told lol
Re: Funmi Iyanda: Yoruba Men Don't Mind If Their Wives Cheat by ddjay: 7:58am On May 03, 2017
so yoruba people dey act psquare song "do me I do u"thanks funmi for the enlightenment
Re: Funmi Iyanda: Yoruba Men Don't Mind If Their Wives Cheat by ransomed: 8:00am On May 03, 2017
People should not swallow Funmi's comment hook line and sinker. You can have an affair with Yoruba singles but, run away from married women. MAGUN (thunderbolt) is real and easy to prepare at low budget and easy to administer on a cheating woman. Never eat an "abuna" that is not yours. Yoruba married women are toxically poisonous. Flee for your precious life.
Re: Funmi Iyanda: Yoruba Men Don't Mind If Their Wives Cheat by lagosrd: 8:04am On May 03, 2017
And so what, so what's the big deal in behaving like our great grandfathers, that is our roots be it igboro, Hausa, Yoruba Efik or what have you. Westernization is just an ideology for the whites and that's who they are. Any woman who want to talk about her roots must be morally sound and balanced with full cultural norms and values imbibed in her not all this let me just marry girls/madams of over age categories. You're getting married late and still complaining one man doesn't take not of what you're doing, no be to help your solution as least dey husband house?
Re: Funmi Iyanda: Yoruba Men Don't Mind If Their Wives Cheat by ifyain: 8:34am On May 03, 2017
Bitter truth
Re: Funmi Iyanda: Yoruba Men Don't Mind If Their Wives Cheat by masqot(m): 8:39am On May 03, 2017
What is she saying? I'm I married to Victoria? Victoria ko, Elizabeth ni.

Re: Funmi Iyanda: Yoruba Men Don't Mind If Their Wives Cheat by vantage001: 8:53am On May 03, 2017
Escobase:
Its the plain truth. Majority of igbo ladies are only second to the Edo girls when it comes to prostitution, bleaching and baby mama things. Should I mention baby factory? That one na igbo ladies popular business grin
But the prostitutes are not married na.
Even prostitutes know when to draw the line but not the yoruba folks.
Btw, why is there a dearth of intelligent yoruba men on nairaland.? Are you all dumb?.
Someone is talking of infidelity in marriage common among the yoruba race, this yoruba nigga is comparing that to unmarriedprostitutes doing a job..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funmi Iyanda: Yoruba Men Don't Mind If Their Wives Cheat by olaoreawofele: 9:04am On May 03, 2017
empty threat oga.

Samiceman:
Thank God I am not Yoruba, if my wife cheats on me ehn? Na straight to her Papa house. No forgiveness
Re: Funmi Iyanda: Yoruba Men Don't Mind If Their Wives Cheat by Jackipapa: 9:31am On May 03, 2017
What I dont know can not do anything to me. Why should I care of something that is done behind me. So many things to think about especially this time of recession.
Re: Funmi Iyanda: Yoruba Men Don't Mind If Their Wives Cheat by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:41am On May 03, 2017
OkoNDOoBo:
is that the main reason why majority of Igbo girls re into prostitution
www.nairaland.com/2880526/all-igbo-females-prostitutes-nnamdi

Prostitution is different from a wife cheating

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda: Yoruba Men Don't Mind If Their Wives Cheat by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:47am On May 03, 2017
Escobase:
Its the plain truth. Majority of igbo ladies are only second to the Edo girls when it comes to prostitution, bleaching and baby mama things. Should I mention baby factory? That one na igbo ladies popular business grin

Yoruba women sleep away without the men paying for it. A Yoruba hood rat can sleep with 10 men in two days and still be poor. The igbo you are calling a prostitute may be sleeping with only one rich person that pays her bills.
If you must sleep with an igbo girl, you must pay for it. Heavily.

Unlike your women that settle for conductors, barrow pushers, etc.

Which rich person will spend his money to sleep with a Yoruba woman. Your yoruba men know better.

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda: Yoruba Men Don't Mind If Their Wives Cheat by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:56am On May 03, 2017
latsy:

If valuing marriage institution means that you become modern day slaves,
then it is better to go against it.
Buy what do I expect from someone who is considered a property and
sold off by the parents.
It really sucks when you have no human value and no right to inheritance
simply because you are female.
I am sorry that your life really sucks.

Igbos women are held on a higher pedestal in Igboland and Nigeria more than your whoring women and men.
Yes, in Igboland, marital cheating is a big deal.
Is your value linked to inheriting property? What about making yours?
Valuing marriage is not slavery, it's self discipline.
That's why Igbo nuclear families are lovely to everybody.
High bride price is not selling cos the woman never separates from her family and the latter comes for her in times of distress.
Carry your slave mentality and swerve

2 Likes

Re: Funmi Iyanda: Yoruba Men Don't Mind If Their Wives Cheat by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:01am On May 03, 2017
OkoNDOoBo:
only if u have been to south west, 90% of prostitues in any brothel in south west re of Igbo extraction, from Lagos island , down to lekki, Allen avenue, badagry, mile 2, ikotun, abule egba, out of every 5 girls in a brothel 4 re Igbo's, it is of recent Yoruba girls re joining the trade.

even in far away north east your Igbo sisters re engaging in prostitution there

www.nairaland.com/3034103/missing-housewife-found-hotel-prostitute/2

Has nothing to do with the topic. .
They ain't married women.
We are talking of marital cheating and yes, Igbo men mind if their wives cheat.
Face the topic. Funmi is not Igbo

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda: Yoruba Men Don't Mind If Their Wives Cheat by Unclerukus: 10:06am On May 03, 2017
Jyde89:
Yea she's right, after all she's married to a yoruba man, didirin
She isn't married. But she says the truth, Many Yoruba people don't respect the sacredness of marriage, their level of promiscuity in marriage and relationships is so high that I've restrained myself from dating any of them even if I like them.

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda: Yoruba Men Don't Mind If Their Wives Cheat by goaldynboy: 10:21am On May 03, 2017
Austinoiz:
How would they mind when their women na bad market...wear 1 undies for more than one week, rarely bath and parade around owambe venues in unwashed attaires?

Op, check am nah.

REALLY!!!

2 Likes

Re: Funmi Iyanda: Yoruba Men Don't Mind If Their Wives Cheat by Heavance(m): 10:24am On May 03, 2017
We no like truth at all.
With what I have experienced, I believe her o. I use to open my mouth widely before, until I realized those I know one on one are even in the game
Re: Funmi Iyanda: Yoruba Men Don't Mind If Their Wives Cheat by Jyde89: 10:24am On May 03, 2017
Unclerukus:
She isn't married. But she says the truth, Many Yoruba people don't respect the sacredness of marriage, their level of promiscuity in marriage and relationships is so high that I've restrained myself from dating any of them even if I like them.

and this is a result of a survey you ran or you just saying it based on the few people you've seen, promiscuity runs in every tribe.
Re: Funmi Iyanda: Yoruba Men Don't Mind If Their Wives Cheat by Syogbe(m): 10:41am On May 03, 2017
No man will like the wife to cheat. The man may not trust her, that does not mean he permits the wife to cheat. In Yoruba land, you cannot divorce your wife based on hear say or suspicion but if she is caught, the consequence is great. I think that is what Funmi was trying to explain.

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda: Yoruba Men Don't Mind If Their Wives Cheat by latsy: 10:45am On May 03, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Igbos women are held on a higher pedestal in Igboland and Nigeria more than your whoring women and men.
Yes, in Igboland, marital cheating is a big deal.
Is your value linked to inheriting property? What about making yours?
Valuing marriage is not slavery, it's self discipline.
That's why Igbo nuclear families are lovely to everybody.
High bride price is not selling cos the woman never separates from her family and the latter comes for her in times of distress.
Carry your slave mentality and swerve

You are suffering from delusion, your women are the most
oppressed in modern day Nigeria, no other tribe in Nigeria
comes close. Your women have no inheritance neither in
their father's house nor in the husband's house(their sons
rule them after the husbands death). Sometimes I feel so
sad that my fellow country people are so dehumanised and
condemned to live a pathetic life just because they are female.
Re: Funmi Iyanda: Yoruba Men Don't Mind If Their Wives Cheat by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:51am On May 03, 2017
latsy:

You are suffering from delusion, your women are the most
oppressed in modern day Nigeria, no other tribe in Nigeria
comes close. Your women have no inheritance neither in
their father's house nor in the husband's house(their sons
rule them after the husbands death). Sometimes I feel so
sad that my fellow country people are so dehumanised and
condemned to live a pathetic life just because they are female.

The husband inherits from his father for use by both himself and his wife. Carry your slave mentality and go.
Looking at Igbo women and yoruba women, which are better taken care of in marriage?
If Lola omotayo had hooked up with a Yoruba, she would have written another On becoming by now.

Igbos women don't feel dehumanized and are not oppressed. We take care of them. They are high achievers in Nigeria and beyond. Educated, industrious, etc

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda: Yoruba Men Don't Mind If Their Wives Cheat by Unclerukus: 10:58am On May 03, 2017
Jyde89:

and this is a result of a survey you ran or you just saying it based on the few people you've seen, promiscuity runs in every tribe.
Yes, it runs in every tribe but the Yoruba people operate on a different level. I have dated many Yoruba girls than the average Yoruba man and I am also quite the journeyman, I have seen things. All tribes cheat, but when a married Yoruba woman starts cheating, it's best the husband has eyes at the back of his head especially if he's rich and has properties, my current neighbor is experiencing this now and the wife sleeps around with lowlife thugs in the area like a dog on heat, he's the only one in the area that keeps getting visits from armed robbers even though there are other rich men in the street, the man is helpless. A married easterner that's cheating( though rare) is more likely to leave the marriage and meet their lovers than pretend and scheme. There's always a hint of deceit in a relationship with yourubas. whether marriage or relationship except for a few that are God fearing.
Re: Funmi Iyanda: Yoruba Men Don't Mind If Their Wives Cheat by latsy: 11:06am On May 03, 2017
Bridget95:
baba free that thing!

Igbos place a huge bride price on their daughter as for a reason. if you know that you are ready financially for marriage then you don't need to worry about the price.

The reason why a tout who can't afford to take care of himself marries as many wives as possible and runs away or abandons the woman as rampant in other regions and culture but absent in igbo culture is because of the marital right test.

we ensure a man is fit all round before he takes our daughters. if not for the marital rites stuff,many agbero,lay about and idiots from other region would have messed our daughters and leave many of them to cater for their children.
As for inheritance, the male inherits his father's wealth along with his wife, while the ladies joins their husband's to inherit his husband's father wealth.

I never mentioned bride price, it your attitude.
A father owns an Igbo lady until he passes the
ownership over to the husband who in turn passes
the ownership to his sons who will rule their mother when he dies.
At no point in her life is an Igbo woman given human
dignity as she has no say in any of her own affairs.

I have always wondered why most ptrostitute in Nigeria
are from the Igbo extraction but the reason is not farfetched
as these unfortunate ladies are only protesting against the
inhuman treatment being meted on them.

No wonder chimamanda who saw this evil is doing everything to
advance feminism.
Re: Funmi Iyanda: Yoruba Men Don't Mind If Their Wives Cheat by Omonigeriarere: 11:35am On May 03, 2017
martineverest:
simple truth....im not tribalistic

What a primitive mode of thinking! No man irrespective of tribe or colour will not mind if his wife cheat even if he is a chronic cheater.

It is high time for you to active your brain to neutral mode.
Re: Funmi Iyanda: Yoruba Men Don't Mind If Their Wives Cheat by Jyde89: 11:41am On May 03, 2017
Unclerukus:
Yes, it runs in every tribe but the Yoruba people operate on a different level. I have dated many Yoruba girls than the average Yoruba man and I am also quite the journeyman, I have seen things. All tribes cheat, but when a married Yoruba woman starts cheating, it's best the husband has eyes at the back of his head especially if he's rich and has properties, my current neighbor is experiencing this now and the wife sleeps around with lowlife thugs in the area like a dog on heat, he's the only one in the area that keeps getting visits from armed robbers even though there are other rich men in the street, the man is helpless. A married easterner that's cheating( though rare) is more likely to leave the marriage and meet their lovers than pretend and scheme. There's always a hint of deceit in a relationship with yourubas. whether marriage or relationship except for a few that are God fearing.

like i said, how many have dated, hundred paherps, which area do you reside if i may also ask.
Re: Funmi Iyanda: Yoruba Men Don't Mind If Their Wives Cheat by Omonigeriarere: 11:48am On May 03, 2017
CIOSYLVA:
HONESTLY THERE IS A HIGH LEVEL OF INFIDELITY AMONG YORUBA COUPLES.
MY BOSS ONCE TOLD ME THAT A TYPICAL YORUBA WIFE HAS A YOUNG BOY WHO IS SERVICING D HONEY POT TOO. AND THE HUSBANDS MAYBE BE AWARE BUT DONT CARE AS LONG AS THEY DONT KNOW THE PERSON. AND ALSO MOST MARRIED YORUBA MEN LOVES SLEEPING WITH ANOTHER MAN'S WIFE..

Your Boss told you and that's all without any empirical findings: which kind of primitive thinking and assumption is that?

Come to Lagos and see a lot of IBO women doing Ashawo: can we now generalise that all IBO women are Ashawos?

How I have not fell into the tricky adulterous moves of Mama Nkechi in my compound here is still mysterious to me in all honesty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Small Boy And Lady Dance 'Soapy' By Naira Marley, Wow Audience (Photos) / Photo Of D'banj With His Wife & 2face With His Wife, Annie Idibia In Dubai / DonJazzy's Hilarious Congratulatory Tweet To Rihanna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.