Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,419 members, 7,819,513 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) (11839 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce Takes A Shot At Buhari / Flood Takes Over Kano Metropolis(photos ) - THISDAY / PDP Takes Over Adoke Amasiemeka Stadium Rivers State (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 09, 2010
^^^^

the way u keep contradicting yourself

america was a developing nation back 1916

as usual , no more comments on the indians and germany japan smart guy?
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 09, 2010
oyb:

^^^^

the way u keep contradicting yourself

america was a developing nation back 1916

as usual , no more comments on the indians and germany japan smart guy?

Just borrowing a leaf from fools like you who also evade points when you get stuck.

America maintains a standing military presence in Japan and Germany today. Infact America has stockpiles of nuclear weapons in Germany as we speak right now. How has that affected them as a nation?

Sorry native americans have gambling rights (considering gambling is illegal in the US).
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by bawomolo(m): 11:24pm On Jan 09, 2010
Indians have one of the highest rates of poverty and diabetes in the nation.  Plus they continue to fight for land and water rights till this day.

gambling revenues for reservations are chicken change compared to what they have lost.  Native americans are an example of when occupation goes wrong.
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jan 09, 2010
davidylan:

Just borrowing a leaf from fools like you who also evade points when you get stuck.

America maintains a standing military presence in Japan and Germany today. Infact America has stockpiles of nuclear weapons in Germany as we speak right now. How has that affected them as a nation?

Sorry native americans have gambling rights (considering gambling is illegal in the US).

^^^^^

you must be retard-ed

so gambling rights somehow make up for the genocide and the fact that americans essentially stole their land from them?

what kind of revisionism whitewashing weed are you on? or it doesn matter because america was a 'developing' nation at the time ?

based on your absurd writeups, gerany and japan's economic status today is solely the result of their occupation by america

even then, germany and japan are a LOUSY analogy in this context

nigeria's colonisation by a foreign power has nothing in common with the occupation of a defeated country by the victor, /bolstering of a nation against an ideological enemy

anyway, some people 'benefitted' from colonisation - latter day house nuccas

maybe thats what you're shooting for
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jan 09, 2010
bawomolo:

Indians have one of the highest rates of poverty and diabetes in the nation.  Plus they continue to fight for land and water rights till this day.

gambling revenues for reservations are chicken change compared to what they have lost.  Native americans are an example of when occupation goes wrong.

I completely beg to disagree. White females have the highest rates of osteoporosis, blacks have the highest obesity and teen pregnancy rates . . . is that an issue with "occupation" and "oppression" too? You can trot out any myriad of statistics to back up a pointless claim.

gambling revenues are not the only thing native americans have gained . . . i'm sure native americans in Mexico or Cuba would rather be in America today.
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jan 09, 2010
oyb:

^^^^^

you must be retard-ed

so gambling rights somehow make up for the genocide and the fact that americans essentially stole their land from them?

what kind of revisionism whitewashing weed are you on? or it doesn matter because america was a 'developing' nation at the time ?

based on your absurd writeups, gerany and japan's economic status today is solely the result of their occupation by america

even then, germany and japan are a LOUSY analogy in this context

nigeria's colonisation by a foreign power has nothing in common with the occupation of a defeated country by the victor, /bolstering of a nation against an ideological enemy

anyway, some people 'benefitted' from colonisation - latter day house nuccas

maybe thats what you're shooting for

they are only a "lousy analogy" because they make nonsense of your bellicose claims. Arabs occupied north africa and are still there till today. I never hear a peep from any of u fools. You also worried about the genocide of the blacks/copts in Egypt for example? You worried about the genocide in Darfur too?

Nah its just easier to cry about the native american genocide . . . i can bet those folks are thanking God they were "occuppied" by Americans and not arabs. They'd be extinct by now.
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by bawomolo(m): 11:33pm On Jan 09, 2010
davidylan:

I completely beg to disagree. White females have the highest rates of osteoporosis, blacks have the highest obesity and teen pregnancy rates . . . is that an issue with "occupation" and "oppression" too? You can trot out any myriad of statistics to back up a pointless claim.

gambling revenues are not the only thing native americans have gained . . . i'm sure native americans in Mexico or Cuba would rather be in America today.

Native Americans in the Americas all have the same issues today, land and mineral rights. Occupation paid off in certain places but it certainly didn't pay off for Native Americans who were almost wiped off. Native Americans in the US are obviously living better than say an indian in bolivia but that isn't exactly difficult to achieve.

good point about the nubians in Egypt though. dog eat dog world
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jan 09, 2010
davidylan:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

i no fit talk

how  the highlighted justifies  having your land stolen from you is beyond me

i'm sure native americans in Mexico or Cuba would rather be in America today.

they would be there as immigrants - not as a defeated people

its sad how you're jsutifying aht indiand went through to bolster your silly arguments

next thing you'll be saying the aborigines in australia are enjoying the benefits of having their land stolen from them - since nigerians etal are migrating there
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jan 09, 2010
oyb:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

i no fit talk

how  the highlighted justifies  having your land stolen from you is beyond me

you will note it was in response to Bawo's comment you fool. I also notice you skipped any of my points on arab occupation. As usual . . . u have your head up ur behind. Crying about native americans while the copts are nearly extinct.

bawomolo:

Native Americans in the Americas all have the same issues today, land and mineral rights.   Occupation paid off in certain places but it certainly didn't pay off for Native Americans who were almost wiped off.  Native Americans in the US are obviously living better than say an indian in bolivia but that isn't exactly difficult to achieve. 

good point about the nubians in Egypt though. dog eat dog world

ditto for white and black americans too.
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by bawomolo(m): 11:40pm On Jan 09, 2010
davidylan:

ditto for white and black americans too.

but do whites not have the upper hand thanks to centuries of subjugation? Japan prior to WWII developed into a naval power without occupation. Occupation isn't needed for developed. heck, it can be argued that colonialism has left a leadership void in Africa. People who can't rule themselves after centuries of servitude.
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jan 09, 2010
davidylan:

they are only a "lousy analogy" because they make nonsense of your bellicose claims. Arabs occupied north africa and are still there till today. I never hear a peep from any of u fools. You also worried about the genocide of the blacks/copts in Egypt for example? You worried about the genocide in Darfur too?

Nah its just easier to cry about the native american genocide . . . i can bet those folks are thanking God they were "occuppied" by Americans and not arabs. They'd be extinct by now.

this hypocrite has come again with his religious hatred

oya, are you worried about the genocide in congo? were u concerned about rwanda?  i have never heard a peep from you on that either. and why should i expect to . we all know about your deep seated hatred of muslims and arabs, which you cloak in duplicitous religious fervor.  the only wars /genocide that catch your attention are those in muslim lands

you do realise that europeans occupied north america, new zealand, australia, south africa and are still there today, and we haven't heard a peep out of you either - beyond - those people whose lands were stolen are better off.
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jan 09, 2010
bawomolo:

but do whites not have the upper hand thanks to centuries of subjugation? Japan prior to WWII developed into a naval power without occupation. Occupation isn't needed for developed. heck, it can be argued that colonialism has left a leadership void in Africa. People who can't rule themselves after centuries of servitude.

I dont agree with you on the colonialism part fully . . . i believe the major problem with colonialism was that we ended up with artificial nations. The Japs developed fully without occupation, they have bounced back even stronger with a US military presence. It might interest you to note that South Korea also has a large US military presence (since the Korean war) and has developed into one of the strongest world economies today.

Is colonialism 100% good? NO!

But is it far far better than what we currently have? YES!

We claim we dont like to be occupied by the US . . . can you pls tell me why we continue filling the DVlottery every year? Why are majority of those bawling anti-american sentiments safely ensconced in that same US they hate? Cant they go back to Nigeria?
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jan 09, 2010
bawomolo:

but do whites not have the upper hand thanks to centuries of subjugation? Japan prior to WWII developed into a naval power without occupation.  Occupation isn't needed for developed.  heck, it can be argued that colonialism has left a leadership void in Africa.  People who can't rule themselves after centuries of servitude.

wiser people than our resident house nigge-r said it best - the worst thing that happened to africa was the arrival of the white man, after that - his departure

Japan prior to WWII developed into a naval power without occupation.  Occupation isn't needed for developed.

soon he will be implying that singapore's success is also due to white influence

this is actually a different sort of racism - japanese have alwasy been industrious. its an extremely small mind that wil try to attribute their tech savvy etal solely to occupation by america
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jan 09, 2010
oyb:

this hypocrite has come again with his religious hatred

oya, are you worried about the genocide in congo? were u concerned about rwanda?  i have never heard a peep from you on that either. and why should i expect to . we all know about your deep seated hatred of muslims and arabs, which you cloak in duplicitous religious fervor.  the only wars /genocide that catch your attention are those in muslim lands

you do realise that europeans occupied north america, new zealand, australia, south africa and are still there today, and we haven't heard a peep out of you either - beyond - those people whose lands were stolen are better off.

hmmm when are you going to address arab colonialism rather than basking in ineffectual relativism?
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by semid4lyfe(m): 11:49pm On Jan 09, 2010
Nonsense! I hope the poster never wakes up from his dream.
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jan 09, 2010
The Japs developed fully without occupation, they have bounced back even stronger with a US military presence.

please explain to me as a smart guy exactly how a military occupation by the us contributes to economic development

china was never occupied by the us - neither was india -

korea and  japan are they are where they are because of their work ethic - not because of any miltry occupation

is it the us military that buys all those electronics /cars/ nintendo games?
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jan 09, 2010
davidylan:

hmmm when are you going to address arab colonialism rather than basking in ineffectual relativism?

feel free to start a thread on the arab colonialism of africa - now you're going to that ridiculous claim of the brits when they invaded africa - we're saving it from the arabs

instead of blathering show me actual evidence that arabs colonized parts of africa.
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jan 09, 2010
oyb:

please explain to me as a smart guy exactly how a military occupation by the us contributes to economic development

korea and  japan are they are where they are because of their work ethic - not because of any miltry occupation

is it the us military that buys all those electronics /cars/ nintendo games?

That is exactly the point! A US occupation of Nigeria for example shld not be a hindrance to our development . . . if we ever had any intention of developing in the first place.
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jan 09, 2010
oyb:

feel free to start a thread on the arab colonialism of africa - now you're going to that ridiculous claim of the brits when they invaded africa - we're saving it from the arabs

instead of blathering show me actual evidence that arabs colonized parts of africa.

Ask Bawomolo . . . i'm sure even he would be left shocked by this incredible piece of revisionist history. Typical muslim.
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by 4Play(m): 11:54pm On Jan 09, 2010
oyb:

Id'ot, the point is that contrary to your argument, a US occupation does not necessarily result in the stagnation of a nation. Japan grew into an economic powerhouse that, most importantly, lives peacefully with its neighbours.

China and India? What a twit. China and India's per capita income is abysmal. They only enjoy such economic clout because of their enormous populations.
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by 4Play(m): 11:55pm On Jan 09, 2010
oyb:

This guy is a brainwashed Arrow. grin grin
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by bawomolo(m): 12:01am On Jan 10, 2010

well places like Somalia and Tanazania have experienced Arab conquest or invasion.  Somalia at some point was controlled by Omans.  Northern Africans have been arabized over time. An example would be berbers or the tuaregs in Niger Republics (blacks that think they are Arab)

i believe the major problem with colonialism was that we ended up with artificial nations.

Yeah, i think your argument should be did we get independence too early?  Africans should have been trained as administrators rather than europeans just jumping ship.
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 10, 2010
ah . . .the nack father the retar.d with the clean mind - here to bail out his protege

oya smart guy

according to the fool who learnt everything from you japan and korea are where they are today solely because of the fact that they are occupied by the US

This guy is a brainwashed Arrow.

i am - oya tell me a country that was colonised by the arabs. no copy and paste - you claim to hate that
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by 4Play(m): 12:10am On Jan 10, 2010
oyb:

i am - oya tell me a country that was colonised by the arabs. no copy and paste - you claim to hate that

Your ignorance is stunning. Do you think the whole of North Africa was originally Arab? That you are even asking this question shows how much of an id'ot you are.
bawomolo:

Yeah, i think your argument should be did we get independence too early?  Africans should have been trained as administrators rather than europeans just jumping ship.

We asked for it and it was given to us.
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by Nobody: 12:15am On Jan 10, 2010
well places like Somalia and Tanazania have experienced Arab conquest or invasion.  Somalia at some point was controlled by Omans.  Northern Africans have been arabized over time.  An example would be berbers or the tuaregs in Niger Republics (blacks that think they are Arab)

in the final analysis, is that i'd say they integrated

Yeah, i think your argument should be did we get independence too early?  Africans should have been trained as administrators rather than europeans just jumping ship.

what was the purpose of colonialism? just  means of acquiring africa's resources

you don't need to train  your conquered subjects as administrators in order to do that.

there's a lot of romanticism of the colonial days now. the fact is that natives were second class citizens with very few opportunities. yes the country worked , but it only worked as far as getting the resources out was concerned. the europeans did not create any of that infrastructure out of altruism, it was simply a support framework for their occupation.
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by 4Play(m): 12:17am On Jan 10, 2010
oyb:

Integrated? Do Arabs send you a cheque for having your tongue stuck up their backside? If a foreign people invaded another person's land and virtually wiped out the locals, your reaction is ''well, they're effectively integrated''?
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by FerrariGP: 12:20am On Jan 10, 2010
@ Davidylan, you stood your grounds well and made loads of sense,
its scary the way even naija youths are beginnning to think strictly along religious lines and less of logic,
i don't care who rules the country in as much as i can get regular light, fuel and a conducive economy and environment,
What our leaders have done is far worse than any colonial masters can do or will ever do to us,
and for all those who stay abroad and scream about naija, i think its better they come back home stay, have 1st hand experience before making their comments,
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by bawomolo(m): 12:21am On Jan 10, 2010
oyb:

what was the purpose of colonialism? just  means of acquiring africa's resources

you don't need to train  your conquered subjects as administrators in order to do that.

there's a lot of romanticism of the colonial days now. the fact is that natives were second class citizens with very few opportunities. yes the country worked , but it only worked as far as getting the resources out was concerned. the europeans did not create any of that infrastructure out of altruism, it was simply a support framework for their occupation.

It was mixture in places like Tanzania and somalia but pretty much a takeover in places like morocco and libya. Arabs dominate those countries.

I read in a book that for every 10 pounds the british made in Nigeria, about 9 pounds were sent back to britian.  That doesn't bode well for the natives.
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by No2Atheism(m): 12:30am On Jan 10, 2010
oyb:

shocked shocked shocked

Are you jokin or are u just pretending not to know anything about history and current affairs . . .

For your information Arabs colonised North Africa in the following places . . .

- Egypt . . . and it is still colonised till today . . .

- A significant part of North Africa. . .

- Present day Sudan . . .

Please never ever let those that respect you and know the truth see this things you are posting cus they might end up being embarrased of what you are saying . . .

oyb:

When Greco-Romans left "African" North Africa . . . Arabs came in but instead of leaving North Africa. . . they end up Arabising North Africa so much so that most naive people now even think North Africa is part of the so called Middle - Eastern Arab land . . .

Hence when the European colonisers of Ancient Egypt left . . . Arab colonisers just took their place . . .

Arabs were colonisers in North Africa . . . and would always be . . .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:

Mr Oyb . . . its obvious u choose to be naive about history . . .

Do you realise that a significant numbers of Black Africans have an history that shows that they migrated from somewhere . . . at different points in time.

- Guess what direction they were reported to have started the migration from  . . . YES YOU GEUSSED RIGHT, MOSTLY THE PLACES NOW OCCUPIED BY SO CALLED ARABS. . .

- Do you even know that Yorubas as a people have been reported to have a connection to the North Africa in terms of migration.

- Geuss the people that are currently in the place your ancestors were reported to have migrated from  . . .YES ARABS.

- Yet at the end of the day . . .you still choose to be a servant of the Arab Moon God . . . how pitiful.
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by Nobody: 12:34am On Jan 10, 2010
4 Play:

Integrated? Do Arabs send you a cheque for having your tongue stuck up their backside? If a foreign people invaded another person's land and virtually wiped out the locals, your reaction is ''well, they're effectively integrated''?

isn't that what your protege has been blathering about americans and indians
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by No2Atheism(m): 12:37am On Jan 10, 2010
4 Play:

Am telling u . . . sometimes i am dumbfounded by the things i read on nairaland its like some people are more than willing to continue to be brainwashed either by Europeans or by Arabs . . . so long as they themselves are comfortable and well to do . . .

I am always for the truth . . . irrespective of whether its against Black people or Europeans or Arabs . . . yet i can't help but be astounded that some people are more than willing to defend anything they have been brainwashed with . . .
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by Nobody: 12:41am On Jan 10, 2010
^^^^

look at this double talking hypocrite - where was your always for truth when this thread started ? abi you threw your pan africansim into the toilet?

or you dont have the guts to stand up to your hero davidylan as he makes out those white men who you are always vilifying as heroes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Strike Was Suspended Not Called Off – PENGASSAN President / Buhari Will Negotiate For Fresh Loan In China - Lai Mohammed / Jimi Agbaje Responsible For PDP’s Defeat In Lagos –Shelle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.