Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) (11835 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce Takes A Shot At Buhari / Flood Takes Over Kano Metropolis(photos ) - THISDAY / PDP Takes Over Adoke Amasiemeka Stadium Rivers State (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by ebere1712: 12:45am On Jan 10, 2010
Guys the devil u know is better than the angels we don't. We've come this far with our naija politicians. Less make them less corrupt. If Rome was not built in a day, Naija corruption can not be stamped out in a century.
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by No2Atheism(m): 1:17am On Jan 10, 2010
oyb:

^^^^

look at this double talking hypocrite - where was your always for truth when this thread started ? abi you threw your pan africansim into the toilet?

or you dont have the guts to stand up to your hero davidylan as he makes out those white men who you are always vilifying as heroes

Wrong . . .its your twisted approach to issues that makes u just generalising my statements without considering that context . . . . . .

- If u take time to analyse my posts you would realise that:

.I do not hate anybody . . . be it European or Arabs or Americans or Black people . . . (hence in fact I do not hate muslims I simply do not trust muslims cus of the islamic precedents and cus of what i know about Islam). Also because I do not hate europeans or arabs or americans does not mean I trust them either. . .

1. I simply do not trust Europeans due to the precendents of history. . .
2. I simply do not trust Arabs due to the precedents of history . . .

This does not mean Africans are saints . . . nope far from it . . . Africans are not saints . . . The bottom line of my analysis has always been :  What is the Truth . . .and who is lying . . .what is the reason behind a geopolitical policy and how does it affect me and black people in general . . . and why are the geopolitical policies like they are .

- Most of the lying and racial genocides (over many centuries) and over lands and resources originally owned by Africans have mostly been either Europeans or Arabs . . . yes African also commit genocide (Rwanda and co) hence I am not going to stand here and claim that Aficans are saints . . .cus Africans themselves are not saints. The issue is just that as far as development goes . . . it should African centered and for African benefit . . .
Europe and Arabs are the ones who want what we have and not the other way round and hence as such we are in the position to make decisions and policies that benefit us first and foremost both in the short and long term.

- To your mind u are wrongly thinking that that means I hate the average european. . . nope I do not hate the average european (infact I do not hate any european) . . .instead i simply do not trust them cus historical precendents shows that any engagements they have with Africas is mostly an attempt to exploit or dominate without remorse. Hence I am approaching an attitude whereby we Africans understand that history shows that Europeans have always shown a tendency to pick on Africans . . .and Arabs have also shown a tendency to pick on Africans . . .hence the issue in this case is for Africa to take note of those facts whenever dealing with Europeans or Arabs so that Africans would not end up making the same mistakes of the past . . . but rather that Afica would make decisions that benefit Africa first and foremost in preparation for the future . . .

For example . . . Africom is in American interest and not in African interest hence for that single reason . . . I do not support Africom (not because I hate Europeans but simply because the Truth behind Africom shows that its purpose is meant to exploit Africa solely for American interest).

- I do not support violence in any form or manner cus at the end of the day . . . each and every human being has the right to live . . . hence since I do not support violence . . .then that means the only options we have at breaking ourselves off the chains of European and Arab domination of Africa is by trying to out-think the Arabs and the Europeans in terms of development and forward thinking so as to be able to develop our own continents for ourselves and for our benefit and not for theirs.

One important ingredient needed in the process of out-thinking other people is that ability to know the Truth about the matter being discussed . . . hence why I am interested in the Truth as related to Europeans/Arabs/Africans . . . over the past centuries . . .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For example, I believe in the Bible and I also consider Isrealites to be a blessed nation .  . .however I am not dogmatic about issues . . .hence in my efforts to know the truth and not be dogmatic about issues . . . I always ask myself the questions:

- who are the real Isrealites so that I can support them
- who are the fake Isrealites so that I can oppose just as The Messiah exposed them in the book of revelation and just as they exposed themselves during the time of the Messiah when they (themselves) said: THEY HAD NEVER BEEN IN CAPTIVITY BEFORE. . .(yet the real Isrealites had been in captivity before according to biblical history)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you see I don't just oppose someone for the sake of it . . . and I am sure some people would attest to the fact that I willingly apologise when i make a mistake . . .

1. The bottomline here is that Arabs are not indigenous to Africa . . .
2. Arabs are colonisers in Africa . . .
3. Arabs have used Islam as a vehicle to colonise and brainwash Africans . . .
4. Arabs have not stopped trying to take over Africa . . . (present day Sudan shows that they are actively doing that) . . .

Hence if u are uncomfortable with me telling u the truth . . . I am sorry . . . it seems your discomfort is about to continue . . .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally I do not support any European or Arab or American countries taken over Nigeria . . . that is not the solution to development . . .most colonisations would not have been possible if the colonisers were not greed in the first place and willing to take over what belongs to the native . . .otherwise we would not be calling it a colonisation. History shows that colonisation is most for the benefit of the coloniser and not the natives  . . .

Africa simply needs to do the following:

- Redraw all country boundaries . . . .based on similar culture.

- Start regiional autonomous governments . . .

- Force Arabian and European countries to return looted funds . . .

- Stem corruption . . .

- Make sure that Africa imports only that which it cannot produce . . . otherwise ban importation of anything that can be produced and manufactured or resourced from the country . . . (I think a few asian countries used this model . . . )

- Stop capital flight from the countries . . .

Hence Europeans and Arabs or even Asians do not need to colonise or phyiscally take control of anything in Africa before they can aid Africa's development . . . they can simply do that by enacting and implementing policies that actively promot Africa's development.

E.g. When Europe, Asia and Arabs stop corrupt politicians from going to their countries or stashing looted funds in their countries . . .then those politicians have no choice than to keep the stolen money in Africa which in this case would only end up benefitting Africa cus that means there would be no capital flight from Africa . . .even thoug the ownership of said capital has changed hands from being government controlled to corrupt politician controlled.
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by Kobojunkie: 1:27am On Jan 10, 2010
ebere1712:

Guys the devil u know is better than the angels we don't. We've come this far with our naija politicians. Less make them less corrupt. If Rome was not built in a day, Naija corruption can not be stamped out in a century.

Please stop that nonsense!!
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by Nobody: 1:32am On Jan 10, 2010
Mr Oyb . . . i feel sorry for your future generations cus its obvious u certainly do not even know anything about history . . .

Do you realise that a significant numbers of Black Africans have an history that shows that they migrated from somewhere . . . at different points in time.

- Guess what direction they were reported to have started the migration from  . . . YES YOU GEUSSED RIGHT, MOSTLY THE PLACES NOW OCCUPIED BY SO CALLED ARABS. . .

- Do you even know that Yorubas as a people have been reported to have a connection to the North Africa in terms of migration.

- Geuss the people that are currently in the place your ancestors were reported to have migrated from  . . .YES ARABS.

- Yet at the end of the day . . .you still choose to be a servant of the Arab Moon God . . . how pitiful.

mr no2a i feel even more sorry for you bent in your own religious delusions or should i say insanity - is jesus still speaking to you and telling you he's black  cheesy cheesy

we know all about you and your quest for truth from the pages of conspiracy websites

i don't want to imagine what you'd have been like if you were born a white  american - i can just see you now in those fatigues, head a militia bawling about the un and black helicopters

see here - you are a racist. very few racists are ever honest enough to admit tht to themselves - they will just make up reasons to justify their hatred . i have seen enough of your posts where your reverse racism has shown its face

perhaps you can tell me the part of yoruba folklore that involves a desert existence - please keep your delusions to yourself.
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by edoyad(m): 1:35am On Jan 10, 2010
Religion is the tonic of the mass, i wonder which German said that ?
When majority of the world realises that the world is older than 5000 years, snakes have never talked to man/woman, homoerectus and neanderthal remains are not just bones, dinosaurs really existed, just may be we can't start to live and think more humanly.
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by No2Atheism(m): 1:54am On Jan 10, 2010
oyb:

mr no2a i feel even more sorry for you bent in your own religious delusions or should i say insanity - is jesus still speaking to you and telling you he's black  cheesy cheesy

we know all about you and your quest for truth from the pages of conspiracy websites

i don't want to imagine what you'd have been like if you were born a white  american - i can just see you now in those fatigues, head a militia bawling about the un and black helicopters

see here - you are a racist. very few racists are ever honest enough to admit tht to themselves - they will just make up reasons to justify their hatred . i have seen enough of your posts where your reverse racism has shown its face

perhaps you can tell me the part of yoruba folklore that involves a desert existence - please keep your delusions to yourself.  

First and foremost i apologise for using the word "future generations" that was in-appropriate . . . I would change it accordingly . . .

-----------------------------------------------------

- I don't deal with conspiracy theories . . . If its not the Truth I am not interested . . . hence u are at freedom to knock urself out with the phrase "Conspiracy Theories"

- List the conspiracy theories that you accuse me of and then show to everyone on this thread why they are conspiracy theories . . .

- Yes The Messiah was "Black" . . . because the bible says so . . . and not because I said so and not because He told me so . . .

- Yes I know its probably a problem for you to accept and comprehend cus even the Arabs have brainwashed black muslims into thinking that Abed (aka Black) is bad . . . hence i would not be suprised that in your mind . . . you simply can't fathom the idea of that "Racism was an European and Arab thing" hence the need to lie and pretend that Jesus was white. Samson had natural hairlocks . . .hence I am waiting for you to please show me a present day middle eastern or Arab who is not black and who has natural airlocks .(aka dreadlocks)

- @Oyb please kindly tell us the colour, race, hair texture of the "Jesus" that you believe in . . . so that we can be taught by you . . .

-----------------------------------------------------

Rather sad . . . isn't it . . .

- who told u most of north africa was desert in ancient times . . . yet here u are making an assumption.

- who told you most of middle east was desert in ancient times . . . yet here u are making an assumption.

- Which part of the North Africa do u know that your ancestors come from . . . do u know that the land of Canaan is now in the so called middle east . . . yet Canaanites were "direct descendants of Ham" i.e. meaning canaanites carried a black blood.

- do you even realise that there historical accounts showing that Oduduwa met native people . . . and that over time the mixture of Oduduwa's descendants and the natives are now the people known as Yorubas . . .

- I am actually suprised that you propagandise against your own race in support of the Arabs . . . men if its only people like u that Africa has to count on then it can easily be said that we are doomed. 

Once again you have started with the ridiculous . . . act of making assumptions. Read yoruba history and then you would know that we Yorubas are actually half castes of some people that migrated from somewhere and who them mixed with the local population of the people that were originally in the ancient yoruba land.

Hence we the yorubas of today . . . are a mixture of natives and migrants . . .

------------------------------------------------------

I weep for Africa since it seems people like Oyb are hell bent on holding on to their brainwashing . . .

----------------------------------------------

By the way . . .oyb do u still believe Arabs never colonised North Africa or do you still need more evidence of such . . .
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by Kobojunkie: 1:55am On Jan 10, 2010
edoyad:

R[b]eligion[/b] is the tonic of the mass, i wonder which German said that ?
When majority of the world realises that the world is older than 5000 years, snakes have never talked to man/woman, homoerectus and neanderthal remains are not just bones, dinosaurs really existed, just may be we can't start to live and think more humanly.

Please snap out of it!!! Contrary to what you think, that is not how it works!
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by No2Atheism(m): 1:58am On Jan 10, 2010
@oyb

. . . PLEASE RESPOND TO THE POINTS RAISED HERE . . .

Wrong . . .its your twisted approach to issues that makes u to make assumptions concerning me . . . .

- If u take time to analyse my posts you would realise that:

I do not hate anybody . . . be it European or Arabs or Americans or Black people . . . (hence in fact I do not hate muslims I simply do not trust muslims cus of the islamic precedents and cus of what i know about Islam). Also because I do not hate europeans or arabs or americans does not mean I trust them either. . .

1. I simply do not trust Europeans due to the precendents of history. . .
2. I simply do not trust Arabs due to the precedents of history . . .

This does not mean Africans are saints . . . nope far from it . . . Africans are not saints . . . The bottom line of my analysis has always been :  What is the Truth . . .and who is lying . . .what is the reason behind a geopolitical policy and how does it affect me and black people in general . . . and why are the geopolitical policies like they are .

- Most of the lying and racial genocides (over many centuries) and over lands and resources originally owned by Africans have mostly been either Europeans or Arabs . . . yes Africans also commit genocide (Rwanda and co) hence I am not going to stand here and claim that Aficans are saints . . .cus Africans themselves are not saints. The issue is just that as far as development goes . . . it should African centered and for African benefit . . .
Europe and Arabs are the ones who want what we have and not the other way round and hence as such we are in the position to make decisions and policies that benefit us first and foremost both in the short and long term.

- To your mind u are wrongly thinking that that means I hate the average european. . . nope I do not hate the average european (infact I do not hate any european) . . .instead i simply do not trust them cus historical precendents shows that any engagements they have with Africas is mostly an attempt to exploit or dominate without remorse. Hence I am approaching an attitude whereby we Africans understand that history shows that Europeans have always shown a tendency to pick on Africans . . .and Arabs have also shown a tendency to pick on Africans . . .hence the issue in this case is for Africa to take note of those facts whenever dealing with Europeans or Arabs so that Africans would not end up making the same mistakes of the past . . . but rather that Afica would make decisions that benefit Africa first and foremost in preparation for the future . . .

For example . . . Africom is in America's interest and not necessarily in Africa's interest hence for that single reason . . . I do not support Africom (not because I hate Americans but simply because the Truth behind Africom shows that its purpose is meant solely for providing a military presence that would allow for the continued fostering of American interest in Africa (without bothering whether such an interest is welcomed by Africans or not)).

- I do not support violence in any form or manner cus at the end of the day . . . each and every human being has the right to live . . . hence since I do not support violence . . .then that means the only options we have at breaking ourselves off the chains of European and Arab domination of Africa is by trying to out-think the Arabs and the Europeans in terms of development and forward thinking so as to be able to develop our own continents for ourselves and for our benefit and not for theirs.

One important ingredient needed in the process of out-thinking other people is that ability to know the Truth about the matter being discussed . . . hence why I am interested in the Truth as related to Europeans/Arabs/Africans . . . over the past centuries . . .

For example, I believe in the Bible and I also consider Isrealites to be a blessed nation .  . .however I am not dogmatic about issues . . .hence in my efforts to know the truth and not be dogmatic about issues . . . I always ask myself the questions:

- who are the real Isrealites so that I can support them
- who are the fake Isrealites so that I can oppose just as The Messiah exposed them in the book of revelation and just as they exposed themselves during the time of the Messiah when they (themselves) said: THEY HAD NEVER BEEN IN CAPTIVITY BEFORE. . .(yet the real Isrealites had been in captivity before according to biblical history)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you see I don't just oppose someone for the sake of it . . . and I am sure some people would attest to the fact that I willingly apologise when i make a mistake . . .

1. The bottomline here is that Arabs are not indigenous to Africa . . .
2. Arabs are colonisers in Africa . . .
3. Arabs have used Islam as a vehicle to colonise and brainwash Africans . . .
4. Arabs have not stopped trying to take over Africa . . . (present day Sudan shows that they are actively doing that) . . .

Hence if u are uncomfortable with me telling u the truth . . . I am sorry . . . it seems your discomfort is about to continue . . .

Personally I do not support any European or Arab or American countries taken over Nigeria . . . that is not the solution to development . . .most colonisations would not have been possible if the colonisers were not greed in the first place and willing to take over what belongs to the native . . .otherwise we would not be calling it a colonisation. History shows that colonisation is most for the benefit of the coloniser and not the natives  . . .

Africa simply needs to do the following:

- Redraw all country boundaries . . . .based on similar culture.

- Start regiional autonomous governments . . .

- Force Arabian and European countries to return looted funds . . .

- Stem corruption . . .

- Make sure that Africa imports only that which it cannot produce . . . otherwise ban importation of anything that can be produced and manufactured or resourced from the country . . . (I think a few asian countries used this model . . . )

- Stop capital flight from the countries . . .

Hence Europeans and Arabs or even Asians do not need to colonise or phyiscally take control of anything in Africa before they can aid Africa's development . . . they can simply do that by enacting and implementing policies that actively promot Africa's development.

E.g. When Europe, Asia and Arabs stop corrupt politicians from going to their countries or stashing looted funds in their countries . . .then those politicians have no choice than to keep the stolen money in Africa which in this case would only end up benefitting Africa cus that means there would be no capital flight from Africa . . .even thoug the ownership of said capital has changed hands from being government controlled to corrupt politician controlled.
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by Nnenna1(f): 2:24am On Jan 10, 2010
@ Davidylan

this is ridiculous. Prior to colonialism we had precisely ZERO universities. Yes we had one university pre-1960 because the demand for higher education was not high at all, but it was the best university in Africa then.

First, that pre 1960 shithole in Ibadan wasn't "good" in any sense. Ditto for other colonial African "universities" prior to their respective countries' independence.

Yes, travel in time to pre 1960, where you would be kept in ignorance (and without demand for higher education), happily bending over for your colonial ruler  grin .

Well post 1990 we sure have so many universities . . . which one is in the top 10 in Africa? I hear Nigerians are now trooping to the University of Legon, i've got cousins there too. Shame.

This does not rebut my main point  - the standard of living for the average Nigerian now is better than that for pre colonial times.
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by olabowale(m): 2:26am On Jan 10, 2010
ANACIMERA is the beverage that intosticates nalydivad!
   ^^^^                                                              ^^^
Read this backward, people!

Thank God the rest of Ngerians in Diaspora are not like davidylan.

The (Chinedum) Nigerian Ameican football player for Cincinnati Ohio Bengals, spends his off season in Nigeria. He was brought up here, yet his root in Nigeria, he will not forget.

I guess Americana is not the beverage that intosticates him. Unlike my man, David!
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by noblemuk: 2:29am On Jan 10, 2010
[size=8pt][size=8pt]what a confounded complexity of concomitant androgynous apprehension!![/size][/size]
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by dipo2much(m): 2:58am On Jan 10, 2010
;d
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by isalegan2: 7:06am On Jan 10, 2010
shocked smiley
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by kushe: 7:51am On Jan 10, 2010
come to think of it ,this could be a good screenplay for an avatar sequel.i wonder how james cameron would interprete all these. for the u. s people to adapt to nigeria they must be wrapped in a cocoon of corruption and lack of simple etiquette and human feelings then they can breathe when they come here.

obatala,orunmila,shango,sopono join forces as eywa and the naija delta people as you know who,the guys flying on dragons and things and besides naa dem resemble blue cats pass grin grin

yoruba people no go fight gaiiiin,naa only mouth dem get ooo.hausa go just bow for the invading forces hala rankadede repeatedly,no be wetin dey don dey do for 1 century??

so at the end of the day naa naija delta vs american oil companies oo,naa im you go see all kind marine spirit in action.i don forget naa calabar go dey cook for the americans chop ooo,so we fit put betrayal into the plot.florence ita giwa go lobby the bakassi people to come join dem for kitchen and with a promise of enough make up,a face transplant and an anti aging medication she go deal with their food.

i am getting excited ,2 billion dollars at the box office.any creative people hia,abeg join me make we hammer grin grin
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 10, 2010
Well done pagun d dreamer.
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by bkbaybe99: 8:13am On Jan 10, 2010
So if the U.S takes ova Nigeria, it will be imprinted in sand that I am ur master and a higher specie than you?! Lol. Let's get this crackn! I mean, yeah, I know we better than u guys right now, and always will be, but when we istitute 'civilized' slavery, it'll be official. Please, bow down and say hi to ur king!
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by Onwan: 9:39am On Jan 10, 2010
that dream shows how shallow, illiterate and stupid you are
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by Okijajuju1(m): 9:49am On Jan 10, 2010
Onwan:

that dream shows how shallow, illiterate and silly you are

Why diss the OP, why not just comment and leave. Thats his dream, it might as well be your nightmare. I think you need to grow up and learn to respect other peoples views and opinions as it would make you not appear shallow, thick and silly. Just me advising you. No beef. wink

@ Topic

I wouldnt mind trading Biggs for KFC o!! lol. If wishes were indeed horses!!
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by ocelot2006(m): 10:00am On Jan 10, 2010
To those who list Germany and Japan as examples, you've just shown your ignorance. And I strongly suggest you get a number of history books on western europe and the south-east asia pre ww2 and do some reading. Germany (Prussia) and the empire of Japan were not some 3rd world back-water nations pre ww2. Rather, both were very strong 1st class industrial powerhouses. Pre ww2, the Germans had a major recession after losing ww1, but came out of it stronger & better. The nation was also known for its innovation in engineering and quality of their product. Keep in mind that this nation during the ww2 conquered a large portion of europe (op. Blitskeritz) and engaged 2 superpowers militarily, almost bringing one (ussr) to its knees (op. Babarossa). As for the empire of Japan, they had also conquered a very large swath of asia, kicking out the british from them, and the americans from the philippines (read more abt general macauthur, supreme allied commander for the allied forces, pacific). It took 2 atomic bombs to break the will of the japanese.

To be fair, the americans did pump in money into these nation (the marshal plan). But it definitely wasn't for freedom, but rather to pacify these nations & establish a foothold & grow its influence in europe and asia. Keep in mind that germany was the very frontline against the soviets during d cold war, & japan against the soviets, the PRC (CHINA), & NORTH KOREA. if I may add, nation building is no longer in the foreign policy of the usa, no thanks to  the mess in iraq and afghanistan.
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by koolchicco: 10:17am On Jan 10, 2010
As in Joseph the Dreamer? tongue smiley
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by edoyad(m): 10:23am On Jan 10, 2010
@Ocelot pre ww2 or not, why don't you come out and say that the American economy has not been and is still not a major driver many of the world's top and emerging economies. Do you know how reliant even the Chinese, Brazilian and Indian economies that are supposedly rising stars rely on US consumers ? Russia for all It's might would have crumbled in the mid ninties if not for the aid of the US and yes it did so cos of foreign policy to prevent the proliferation of nuclear technology. Name one country in the top ten economies in the world without a sound bilateral relationship with the US. The US even maintains major bases in most of those countries eg. Japan, Italy Germany etc, and the ones it doesn't keep bases like Mexico, Canada and England are virtually like American states.
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by ElRazur: 10:23am On Jan 10, 2010
Possible scenarios if American colonize Nigeria. . .

Shamawa Burger becomes Burger King

Tantaliser becomes MacDonalds.

Mr Biggs transforms to Wendy's.

We will have good roads.

All our cars become Cadillacs, Escalade, Buick, Hummers and Impalas.

Yoruba's becomes the Westside While the Igbo side calls themselves East side

Nothing will change in the Delta regions though, it will still be Dirty south. [See what I did there?] grin

Tuface idiaba will be our very own Akon!

Rugged Baba automatically becomes Nigeria's Grand Master flash Equivalent.

Primate Olobayo will become Rev Al Sharpton . . . Don't ask me the connection. lol.

Idi Kabasa will be making mad beats like Dr Dre.

Mad Melon and Mountain Black will be the new Boys II men.

Our already fat ladies will now become larger! I guess this can only be a good thing for Nigeria men.

Omo, if any of these will happen, I think you dream may hold good tidings for us all. grin
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by chinesedoll(f): 10:46am On Jan 10, 2010
This one is serious Malaria grin grin grin
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by ocelot2006(m): 10:57am On Jan 10, 2010
@ edoyad, I think you had better look @ the international market. The USA may be a large market, but that position is now shifting to the east to China & India, thanks to their growing economies, large population, and growing middle class. It may also interest u to know that institutions like the IMF are fast becoming irrelevant, reason being that the east, particularly china, is presently the global centre of financial power.

That said, why can't we Nigerians make this nation of ours great ourselves? Nations like Singarpore, malaysia, sweden, denmark, etc aren't were they are today because they were spoonfed. Even the germans & japanese got to were they are now, thanks to lots of hardwork & patriotism.
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by edoyad(m): 11:09am On Jan 10, 2010
Nigeria is no longer the country many of you remember. Nigeria is becoming- may be has already become - balkanized and akin to Yugoslavia before the balkan wars that broke that place into Serbia, Montenegro, Croatia . . . . Any time now and something will start, and after it ends people in Lagos will visit an embassy just to travel to Calabar.
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by Jaylone(m): 12:27pm On Jan 10, 2010
ElRazur:

We will have good roads.

Nothing will change in the Delta regions though, it will still be Dirty south. [See what I did there?] grin

Primate Olobayo will become Rev Al Sharpton . . . Don't ask me the connection. lol.

Our already fat ladies will now become larger! I guess this can only be a good thing for Nigeria men.

Omo, if any of these will happen, I think you dream may hold good tidings for us all. grin

WHAT A DREAM!
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by phantom(m): 12:28pm On Jan 10, 2010
wow, lol , six pages already bout a dream?And we wonder y our country is failed.Na wa o!Even some of our so called high profile NL politics section posters.Abi important topics no dey to debate about again?lol, D poster is obviously havin the time of his life at your expense.
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by ocelot2006(m): 12:40pm On Jan 10, 2010
Wrong. I would argue that Nigeria has become far more integrated with every tribe (from the majority tribes to the minorities) having an equal stake in the welfare of the nation, thanks to equal representation in govt, & other cultural factors like increased inter-marriages '& resettlement. Don't get me wrong, there're still a number of inter tribal issues still faced by the country. Then again, which multicultural nation doesn't face the same, from spain (basque) to malaysia (malays against ethnic indians or chinese). Sadly, we still have a number of people with their civil war mentality, blaming all the nation's woes on a single region rather than take into consideration the actions of their fellow ethnic brothers and sisters. Thankfully, they're fast becoming a minority group.

So think whatever you want, but the FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA is here to stay. The nation's integrity is DEFINITELY assured.
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by pafun(m): 12:46pm On Jan 10, 2010
ElRazur:

We will have good roads.

A daa fun e ! He go better for you sir !  We dey talk important material all these educated chimpanzees dey talk colo-minini and how na  Japan born Lasvegas . Wetin concern that with my dream or vise versa ?  Thank you bros, chineke god go dash you seven American virgins even before you die. Catch you at MickyD  mengrin I will be the one wearing the I love NY Tshirt and Public Enemy bling.
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by Okijajuju1(m): 12:47pm On Jan 10, 2010
ElRazur:

We will have good roads.

Our new definition for skyscraper would be building taller than 20 storeys,

Abokis will now become delis,

Instead of Molues, we would have trains,

Suya would now be Khebab,

Chicken republic will then be KFC (Kenturkey Fried Chicken).

Mama-put would now be restaurants,

And Agege-bread will be croissant.

All our taxis will have meters in em, and illegal parking earns you a ticket.

The Nigerian Police Force (NPF) would then be Nigerian Police Department (NIPD). lol  grin

University cults will be replaced with street gangs,

And our President would be duly elected.

O! Shit!! I was dreaming.
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by ElRazur: 12:57pm On Jan 10, 2010
pafun:

A daa fun e ! He go better for you sir !  We dey talk important material all these educated chimpanzees dey talk colo-minini and how na  Japan born Lasvegas . Wetin concern that with my dream or vise versa ?  Thank you bros, chineke god go dash you seven American virgins even before you die. Catch you at MickyD  mengrin I will be the one wearing the I love NY Tshirt and Public Enemy bling.

Amen sir.

See you at "Burgar" king. I will be the one rocking the NWA [Nigerians With Attitude] White T-shirt. grin
Re: America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) by Okijajuju1(m): 1:05pm On Jan 10, 2010
And na the haters go dey serve una milk shakes and pretzels. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kwankwaso.... I'm In PDP To Stay. Ignore The Fake News. / Nigeria Escalates Fight Over Oil Block Granted To Eni And Shell / President Buhari Meets Nigerians In Rwanda, Says; I Am Proud Of Our Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.