Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,224 members, 7,836,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? (18475 Views)

If Hell Truly Exists, Then God Is Not Only Evil, He's Also Incompetent / Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband / Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by UncutSk(m): 8:02am On May 07, 2017
I don't believe in religion but Christianity is a pure thing, if you can follow the part of christ
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by abescom: 8:03am On May 07, 2017
chineloSA:

God exists. No doubt about that.

BUT God never said he is Christian or Muslim or Buddhist or Sikh etc. So I question the authenticity of religion.

Religion seems like it was all about power and politics
Religion is the creation of the devil to cause division. However, Christianity is a way of live, a sort of code of conduct for those who believe in Jesus Christ.

Only those with little understanding have made Christianity a religion. It is not.

2 Likes

Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by Mrchippychappy(m): 8:03am On May 07, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
I don't know about you but it won't change anything with me.... I believe in doing what is right and Just.... and Christianity preaches that (don't mind some so-called Christians who act hypocritically... it doesn't diminish the central and whole message of Christianity).

So no regrets for me. I am convinced and not in this race because of some scary "you will go to hell if you do bad" story......

I believe in Love, Justice, Empathy and Many more fantastic virtues.

But uhmmmm.... to some others I ask, "What if Hell, Heaven, Jesus, God and even Satan actually exists, Will you regret living a lawless life or life lived anyhow without guiding principles?"

Consider this a "return serve" in tennis.... wink

Sorry bro quoted you by mistake. I am on the same page with you 110%.
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by Heineken(m): 8:03am On May 07, 2017
hezy4real01:
Why person go sit down think say Hell or Heaven no de..... Is that person OK at all
anything is possible bro
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by Nobody: 8:04am On May 07, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

yeah, but what if you die and find out Islam is the way?
Yeaaaaaa, I am a Christian because I was born into a Christian Family and decided to remain so...
I don't castigate all MUSLIMS, because I have encountered Muslims who touched my life as well.

However, we as humans do not have RIGHTS choose somethings ......like

1)Countries/ Place of birth
2) our Parents
3) Tribes...
? Religion...
Some people blast Muslims/christians or Tribes without knowing that nothing stops you from also coming from that population.......
This is why I don't condemn people outrightly.
Buy I will condemn you, if what u have done negated basic human laws and rights of existence.

I just believe most of us are IMMATURE or our leaders are not building BRIDGES at all...

1 Like

Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:05am On May 07, 2017
I didn't make you any offer either.... wink

Mrchippychappy:

Your "true" way has and still continues to cause the loss of THOUSANDS of human lives on a daily basis. No thanks mate. Keep your truth to yourself. I think I would pass.

Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by Nobody: 8:05am On May 07, 2017
EVILFOREST:
I will NEVER regret.

It's better to believe and die because u stand to lose nothing even if HELL and HEAVEN doesn't exist.

But if you DIE without believing and it does exist, then the situation of NIGERIA will only be a tip of an iceberg....

However, there is one HELL I know now...NIGERIA
StarBukola:
a. I don't knw y we Christians have doubt with our religion, sad
b. Don't mislead people, it won't cost u anything if it all happened to b a fiction BUT( and that's a big BUT) it will cost u something if u die n discover there heaven and hell
only that it will cost you your 10% you give to pastors.

Your sundays.

The time of the week you dedicated worshipping imaginary being?

The hatred you have for people because they don't have the same religion as you.

That handsome/beautiful guy/girl you refused to date because he wasn't a christian.

The list is endless.

By the way, like someone asked, if it happened that zeus the god of thunder is actually the true god in heaven, doesn't that mean you are going to hell eventually?

1 Like

Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by buoye1(m): 8:06am On May 07, 2017
Never
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by sam4jesuseva(m): 8:06am On May 07, 2017
Thepasserby:
I have noticed an aberration under the sun. A lot of people serve God not because of whom he is but because of what they have been told. A good number of people who now regard themselves as Christians were either born into the religion or became devoted members because of the fear of hell fire and eternal damnation.

People don't serve God for whom He is but rather are afraid of the stories they were told by others. Oh, hell is a place pf torment, a place where the worms never die, a place where the thirst cannot be quenched, a place where all sinners will swim in the eternal lake of fire, yes according to the books, hell is a place you don't want to witness even for a day.

But wait a minute, are we after missing hell or following after Jesus because he is worth it, is our believe in Christ based on the fear of hell or his compassionate love.

To me, following after Jesus is not because I fear hell, it is because He has given me reasons beyond a reasonable doubt that he is Lord and God of all. Just like Apostle Paul, I can also boldly stand and say, I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ. Even if at the tail end I discovered that Jesus, Hell and God never existed, I will still live a satisfied life because I have followed after the right path.

If at the end of it all, you discovered that Heaven, hell, Jesus and God were all fiction, will you regret ever following the path of righteousness?

Jesus loves you
#Thepasserby
#palmchat-religion

Copied from www.palmchatnow.com

I was 11 years old. the science teacher walked in the class and began his lecture by saying,

“Today we're going to study the atom. The atom cannot be seen by the human eye. it cannot be seen under a normal microscope. it cannot be seen even under some of the most powerful electro-microscopes.”

I was taught by a science teacher to believe in an atom that nobody had ever seen. Our teacher admitted that he had never seen an atom. Then he said that this atom (which he had never seen) was divided into three parts. a proton, neutron, and electron.

Now wasn't that ridiculous? He had never seen an atom, didn't know what it looked like, but he did know that it had three parts to it. And he expected me to believe it! yet I did believe it. and I still do. I believe in nuclear fission, atomic energy. i believe in atomic explosions and nuclear power.

All of these things are structured upon the fact that the atom exists and has three parts, and although we don't know what an atom or a proton looks like, we believe in the atomic bomb.

Just like the atom, there are many things that exist and take place every day, but we don't see them yet we know they're there, even though we can't see them or prove their existence.

Any person who looks at the precision and the symmetry and the beauty of this universe and draws the conclusion that it “just came about” is crazy.

You have been looking at this universe with its tremendous laws, its millions and billions of stars and planets hurtling through space at fantastic speeds and never colliding, and you are saying it just came about? think of many things in your everyday life that you have accepted, believed or trusted that you cannot see.

They taught me in biology that there is vitamin A in carrots, vitamin B in rice, vitamin C in oranges, vitamin D in milk. I can't see a vitamin, and i don't know what a vitamin looks like, but i eat them every day and receive their benefits without seeing them.

Why can't I believe in God without seeing him?

It's been the most thrilling, the most adventurous life I believe a person could ever live. What a privilege it is to have the God of heaven and earth live inside me!

- MAJ!D M!CHEL

4 Likes

Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by StarBukola(f): 8:07am On May 07, 2017
MetaHuman:
only that it will cost you your 10% you give to pastors.

Your sundays.

The time of the week you dedicated worshipping imaginary being?

The hatred you have for people because they don't have the same religion as you.

That handsome guy you refused to date because he wasn't a christian.

The list is endless.

By the way, like someone asked, if it happened that zeus the god of thunder is actually the true god in heaven, doesn't that mean you are going to hell eventually?
grin grin
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by chronique(m): 8:07am On May 07, 2017
No, I wouldn't.
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by MrPresident1: 8:07am On May 07, 2017
The essence of faith is now almost completely lost.

Satan has deceived the whole world.
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by ztanleechima(m): 8:08am On May 07, 2017
what kinda useless question is these must it be christainity. Try this sh¤t with islam and see your head chopped off. Trust me GOD and JESUS CHRIST are truely merciful. Mtcheeew useless question.

1 Like

Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by Nobody: 8:08am On May 07, 2017
hezy4real01:
Why person go sit down think say Hell or Heaven no de..... Is that person OK at all
that person is more okay than you will ever be
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by ztanleechima(m): 8:10am On May 07, 2017
incase you don't KNOW, we wouldn't have existed, be it not for GOD and JESUS CHRIST. I repeat, USELESS QUESTION.
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by SilvanusII(m): 8:11am On May 07, 2017
My take? Christians are not 'christians', just church-going traditionalists with a huge dose of a judgemental attitude. I never see one christian since dem born me

1 Like

Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by Nobody: 8:13am On May 07, 2017
iamdrfresh:
I'd still not regret because apart from the spiritual benefits, I love d moral it instills in us as humans.
Everything it says I shouldn't do is actually for my benefit.
I might be a lil bit disappointed but I won't regret it.
moral in christians? Really?
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by Nobody: 8:15am On May 07, 2017
iamdrfresh:

all these are assumptions.... what if you have d chance to regret?
I won't... why would I?
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by Nobody: 8:16am On May 07, 2017
shreck:
You would have to give an explanation to how a cripple can walk for his first after being born lame.
Just because another fellow prayed in Jesus name
you should have to tell us why same prayer never heal amputee or those with serious physical condition but only answers people with 50:50% chance of walking or surviving
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by Mrchippychappy(m): 8:17am On May 07, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

you could do what's even more right and just without Jesus, there's JAINISM which is far better than Christianity and doesn't involve any god

Jainism then

the question you should ask yourself instead is what if Islam happens to be the true way? aren't you sinning against the true god by preaching Christianity

consider that too

Your "true" way has and still continues to cause the loss of THOUSANDS of human lives on a daily basis. No thanks mate. Keep your truth jajanism or jagajaganism to yourself. I think I would pass.

Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by engrpheleeks(m): 8:18am On May 07, 2017
labanji:
I thought christianity was coined the word- Christ. So how would one become a Christian when there is no Jesus Christ.
Op, I'm not seeing an sense in your post.

Anyway take note that; Xtianity was forced on us by our Slave/Colonial masters and we need more consciousness to freeing our minds....
#Ensure you pay your tithes this morning as my landlord has given my co-tenant a Pastor, a quick notice.
It's quit notice, not quick notice... in case of next time.

1 Like

Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by hopefulLandlord: 8:19am On May 07, 2017
Mrchippychappy:

Your "true" way has and still continues to cause the loss of THOUSANDS of human lives on a daily basis. No thanks mate. Keep your truth jajanism or jagajaganism to yourself. I think I would pass.

I'm not a Muslim, learn to read and assimilate
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by ElsonMorali: 8:20am On May 07, 2017
The OP has made very valid points.

Christians go to Church only for fear of going to hell and not because of love of God.

If 5% of those that call themselves Christians actually love God, this world would be a better place already.

The fear of hell is the beginning of wisdom for modern day Christians.

And the pastors smile to the bank on account of this.

Nigerian Christians have extra motivation though, fear of poverty.
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by Nobody: 8:21am On May 07, 2017
labanji:
I thought christianity was coined the word- Christ. So how would one become a Christian when there is no Jesus Christ.
Op, I'm not seeing an sense in your post.

Anyway take note that; Xtianity was forced on us by our Slave/Colonial masters and we need more consciousness to freeing our minds....
#Ensure you pay your tithes this morning as my landlord has given my co-tenant a Pastor, a quick notice.

Nobody force christianity on anybody. It is a free will. Those who accepted it knows what they are gaining from it right here in this world and even what they will gain in the life to come. Why not repent today and throw away your human wisdom. The wisdom of this world is foolishness unto God. Let go of whatever is holding you

1 Like

Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by LEXYCOM: 8:21am On May 07, 2017
Get thee behind me Satan
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by 3mmyz(m): 8:24am On May 07, 2017
FieryJustice:
grin
oya let the sheeple come and answer.

ftc

What do you stand to gain not being a Christian? Even the Bible stated that they'd be false prophets at the last days, preaching fallacy and the love for God would wax cold. The existence of sorcery should be an Indicator that there's indeed a Supreme being, The Almighty God which the Bible talks about.
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by sade1994(f): 8:25am On May 07, 2017
Nah
.coz to me, christianity is not a religion but a way of life.... It's been the one guiding how I present myself to the Society which I'm proud of
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by Nobody: 8:27am On May 07, 2017
sam4jesuseva:

I was 11 years old. the science teacher walked in the class and began his lecture by saying,

“Today we're going to study the atom. The atom cannot be seen by the human eye. it cannot be seen under a normal microscope. it cannot be seen even under some of the most powerful electro-microscopes.”

I was taught by a science teacher to believe in an atom that nobody had ever seen. Our teacher admitted that he had never seen an atom. Then he said that this atom (which he had never seen) was divided into three parts. a proton, neutron, and electron.

Now wasn't that ridiculous? He had never seen an atom, didn't know what it looked like, but he did know that it had three parts to it. And he expected me to believe it! yet I did believe it. and I still do. I believe in nuclear fission, atomic energy. i believe in atomic explosions and nuclear power.

All of these things are structured upon the fact that the atom exists and has three parts, and although we don't know what an atom or a proton looks like, we believe in the atomic bomb.

Just like the atom, there are many things that exist and take place every day, but we don't see them yet we know they're there, even though we can't see them or prove their existence.

Any person who looks at the precision and the symmetry and the beauty of this universe and draws the conclusion that it “just came about” is crazy.

You have been looking at this universe with its tremendous laws, its millions and billions of stars and planets hurtling through space at fantastic speeds and never colliding, and you are saying it just came about? think of many things in your everyday life that you have accepted, believed or trusted that you cannot see.

They taught me in biology that there is vitamin A in carrots, vitamin B in rice, vitamin C in oranges, vitamin D in milk. I can't see a vitamin, and i don't know what a vitamin looks like, but i eat them every day and receive their benefits without seeing them.

Why can't I believe in God without seeing him?

It's been the most thrilling, the most adventurous life I believe a person could ever live. What a privilege it is to have the God of heaven and earth live inside me!

- MAJ!D M!CHEL

Very nice analogy you have there. It is only a fool who will say in his heart that there is no God. What do we humans know.
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by Ajewealth123(m): 8:27am On May 07, 2017
Thepasserby:
I have noticed an aberration under the sun. A lot of people serve God not because of whom he is but because of what they have been told. A good number of people who now regard themselves as Christians were either born into the religion or became devoted members because of the fear of hell fire and eternal damnation.

People don't serve God for whom He is but rather are afraid of the stories they were told by others. Oh, hell is a place pf torment, a place where the worms never die, a place where the thirst cannot be quenched, a place where all sinners will swim in the eternal lake of fire, yes according to the books, hell is a place you don't want to witness even for a day.

But wait a minute, are we after missing hell or following after Jesus because he is worth it, is our believe in Christ based on the fear of hell or his compassionate love.

To me, following after Jesus is not because I fear hell, it is because He has given me reasons beyond a reasonable doubt that he is Lord and God of all. Just like Apostle Paul, I can also boldly stand and say, I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ. Even if at the tail end I discovered that Jesus, Hell and God never existed, I will still live a satisfied life because I have followed after the right path.

If at the end of it all, you discovered that Heaven, hell, Jesus and God were all fiction, will you regret ever following the path of righteousness?

Jesus loves you
#Thepasserby
#palmchat-religion

Copied from www.palmchatnow.com
what I can deduce from your write up is
1) you people envy and fancy Christians because of their ways of live.(peaceful,loving,cheerful,and givers)

2) you people don't understand Christianity that's why it is so hard to come to terms with it.the same reason you created this topic,FEAR OF "WHAT IF"?

3) what if Christ died or didn't die
What if God exist or doesn't exist
What there is hell or no hell
What if heaven exist or not..

One thing you people haven't told us clearly is how human came to be on earth.
But we Christians knows we were created by God in his own image.
This is very simple, relate it with this
Someone builts cars,phones, laptop, aeroplanes, tv' sand so on.
All these things didn't just exist on their own so you should also know we were created by someone(GOD).
It is never too late to give your life to Christ,he loves you, we are peace loving people,we practice what we preach.
Thank you
And pls make it a date with Jesus today and see how joyful it is to be in his presence

1 Like

Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by Wangxiao(m): 8:27am On May 07, 2017
hezy4real01:
help us ask am ooo
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by pennywys(m): 8:28am On May 07, 2017
hezy4real01:
there's nothing nothing like hell fire
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by pennywys(m): 8:30am On May 07, 2017
StarBukola:
a. I don't knw y we Christians have doubt with our religion, sad
b. Don't mislead people, it won't cost u anything if it all happened to b a fiction BUT( and that's a big BUT) it will cost u something if u die n discover there heaven and hell
mummy there's nothing like hell fire, christians misunderstood the scripture

Most times I think, does God in existence?
Comparing what is happening on planet earth today, millions are suffering, thousands are dying in starvation, evil ones are excelling, the righteous ones are perishing.
Pastors are busy preaching making wealth from the poor. Some went extra miles to use charm for miracle in his name, christians are facing persecutions dying unjustly. If He truly exists why all this happened?

My grandpa do told me about our transitional gods how quick and responsive there were when worshippers called on them, how they used to seek for justice for his people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Evil That Went On At Pastor Chris Okotie Wedding ! / Just Like The Biblical Joseph, Have You Ever Turned Down A Sexual Advance? / Video: Pastor Prays Recharge Card Into Phones Of Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.