Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? (18443 Views)

If Hell Truly Exists, Then God Is Not Only Evil, He's Also Incompetent / Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband / Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by uju22(f): 7:42am On May 07, 2017
We don't need to imagine, there is heaven and hell, so I don't think is necessary for us to start thinking what IF,

1 Like

Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by Fourwinds: 7:42am On May 07, 2017
nonsense...I have read a lot of history even before d birth of Jesus Christ...d Romance Empire even acknowledged is existence during d reign of Octavious d young Caesar after Caesar himself was murdered...

So bush shiit...Jesus Christ existed even God d father he acclaimed

2 Likes

Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by iamdrfresh: 7:43am On May 07, 2017
I'd still not regret because apart from the spiritual benefits, I love d moral it instills in us as humans.
Everything it says I shouldn't do is actually for my benefit.
I might be a lil bit disappointed but I won't regret it.

3 Likes

Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by klassykute(m): 7:43am On May 07, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:
Nobody has ever died and returned with EVIDENCE.

What evidence do you have that Jesus existed and it's not an embellished story?
whats d evidence you have that u sleep and wake up because its cos of science?.... nigga don't push ur luck u might lose it ur just under grace

2 Likes

Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by GeneralOjukwu: 7:44am On May 07, 2017
Kingeni:
make you dey try get sense!! undecided make you dey try get sense!!

Learn to read and write first wink

1 Like

Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by Alexk2(m): 7:44am On May 07, 2017
No regret whatsoever. It's a honour and a priviledge to live such a life; i love it this way.

1 Like

Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by ScepticalPyrrho: 7:45am On May 07, 2017
hezy4real01:
Why person go sit down think say Hell or Heaven no de..... Is that person OK at all
Person wey no dey think na im dey OK, ba?

1 Like

Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by obyno5(m): 7:45am On May 07, 2017
[color=#000099][/color]All the things the scripture asks you to do or not to do are for your own benefit. God gives laws to protect you from consequences of your wrong actions. You will never have reason to regret doing the right things.

2 Likes

Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by jadajada: 7:46am On May 07, 2017
I rather live as if there is God and later discover there is no God, than to live as if there is no God and later discover there is God

5 Likes

Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by pressplay411(m): 7:48am On May 07, 2017
hezy4real01:
Why person go sit down think say Hell or Heaven no de..... Is that person OK at all

LOL Mr OK biko no vex, apparently in a world of fools, wisdom is not OK.
There are thousand different ideas of what happens after death, who are you to decide which is OK?

Just accept your own belief and leave others to theirs.
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:48am On May 07, 2017
Islam the true way? I thought you opened a thread asking Christians a question.... smiley

This is directly between life lived according to Christianity/Jesus/God and life lived without it... so why bring in Islam?

hopefulLandlord:

you could do what's even more right and just without Jesus, there's JAINISM which is far better than Christianity and doesn't involve any god

Jainism then

the question you should ask yourself instead is what if Islam happens to be the true way? aren't you sinning against the true god by preaching Christianity

Consider this a "return serve" in tennis.... wink
consider that too
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by Nobody: 7:48am On May 07, 2017
Regret? Never!!
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by iamdrfresh: 7:49am On May 07, 2017
hezy4real01:

a normal thinking person would doubt d existence of God and consequently doubt Heaven/Hell. What you have is called Faith; even tho you've never seen him, you strongly believe in him.
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by iamdrfresh: 7:49am On May 07, 2017
uzoclinton:
If everything we've been told eventually turn out to be fiction, we won't even have the chance to regret, because we won't exist....

all these are assumptions.... what if you have d chance to regret?
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by hopefulLandlord: 7:50am On May 07, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Islam the true way? I thought you opened a thread asking Christians a question.... smiley

This is directly between life lived according to Christianity/Jesus/God and life lived without it... so why bring in Islam?
I didn't open any such thread!!
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by shreck(m): 7:51am On May 07, 2017
You would have to give an explanation to how a cripple can walk for his first after being born lame.
Just because another fellow prayed in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by felixomor: 7:52am On May 07, 2017
Nah!
Its The best life ever lived.
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by hopefulLandlord: 7:53am On May 07, 2017
shreck:
You would have to give an explanation to how a cripple can walk for his first after being born lame.
Just because another fellow prayed in Jesus name

did you know the cripple personally?
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by Gwan2(m): 7:54am On May 07, 2017
Without trying to sound sanctimonious, u guys pulling all dis questions frm ur ass dont ask similar question on Fridays in respect with d Koran, Mohammed, Allah etc.
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:54am On May 07, 2017
Oh Sorry... I thought you were the op... I refer to this thread actually... this thread is about Christianity... not Islam. smiley

hopefulLandlord:

I didn't open any such thread!!
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by Nobody: 7:54am On May 07, 2017
they exist..stop assuming and wake up to reality
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by Wilgrea7(m): 7:55am On May 07, 2017
well... christianity now is all about fear... the message of Christ has been replaced with a good cookie bad cookie situation where the almighty is writing everything you do everyday so that he can burn you if you mess up... even if its just once... too many people are ruled by fear... if you tell Christians that hell doesn't exist.. or rather is hell is removed from Christianity, it would lose population

2 Likes

Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by Nobody: 7:55am On May 07, 2017
I will NEVER regret.

It's better to believe and die because u stand to lose nothing even if HELL and HEAVEN doesn't exist.

But if you DIE without believing and it does exist, then the situation of NIGERIA will only be a tip of an iceberg....

However, there is one HELL I know now...NIGERIA
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by iluvpomo(m): 7:56am On May 07, 2017
If hell does not exist then even the religious institution of Islam is in trouble grin
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by hopefulLandlord: 7:57am On May 07, 2017
EVILFOREST:
I will NEVER regret.

It's better to believe and die because u stand to lose nothing even if HELL and HEAVEN doesn't exist.

But if you DIE without believing and it does exist, then the situation of NIGERIA will only be a tip of an iceberg....

yeah, but what if you die and find out Islam is the way?

1 Like

Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by ibiboatais(m): 7:57am On May 07, 2017
The world would have been an horrible place,because people will think they can do anything and get away with it. Imagine a world where we know about the consequences of our actions and we still dwell in our evil ways. If only we can live with a conscious adherence to the voice of our conscience,the world will be a better place.

1 Like

Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by adegeye38(m): 7:57am On May 07, 2017
Thepasserby:
I have noticed an aberration under the sun. A lot of people serve God not because of whom he is but because of what they have been told. A good number of people who now regard themselves as Christians were either born into the religion or became devoted members because of the fear of hell fire and eternal damnation.

People don't serve God for whom He is but rather are afraid of the stories they were told by others. Oh, hell is a place pf torment, a place where the worms never die, a place where the thirst cannot be quenched, a place where all sinners will swim in the eternal lake of fire, yes according to the books, hell is a place you don't want to witness even for a day.

But wait a minute, are we after missing hell or following after Jesus because he is worth it, is our believe in Christ based on the fear of hell or his compassionate love.

To me, following after Jesus is not because I fear hell, it is because He has given me reasons beyond a reasonable doubt that he is Lord and God of all. Just like Apostle Paul, I can also boldly stand and say, I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ. Even if at the tail end I discovered that Jesus, Hell and God never existed, I will still live a satisfied life because I have followed after the right path.

If at the end of it all, you discovered that Heaven, hell, Jesus and God were all fiction, will you regret ever following the path of righteousness?

Jesus loves you
#Thepasserby
#palmchat-religion

Copied from www.palmchatnow.com

IF THEY DONT EXIST THEY WONT BE CHRISTIANITY

THERE WONT BE ME, THERE WONT BE YOU

THERE WONT BE ANY UNIVERSE AND THEIR WONT BE TIME
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by chineloSA(f): 7:58am On May 07, 2017
God exists. No doubt about that.

BUT God never said he is Christian or Muslim or Buddhist or Sikh etc. So I question the authenticity of religion.

Religion seems like it was all about power and politics

7 Likes

Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by praisekeyzz(m): 7:58am On May 07, 2017
Am leading worship now in church now. When am done I will comment grin
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by MrKodak(m): 7:59am On May 07, 2017
Kaybaba5:
This belief has brought peace to human kind. And to know later that they dont exist is of no use.

What peace are u referring to. Because if it is this world we live in, that will be the most blatant fallacy of all.
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by abescom: 8:01am On May 07, 2017
What's there to regret? What we would have missed really?

HIV? Jail terms? Guilty conscience ( even none Christians an atheist have conscience), syphilis and the likes.

We missed nothing, absolutely nothing.
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by LordOfNaira: 8:01am On May 07, 2017
iliyande:
Never, Christianity is a way of perfect lifestyle which focuses in doing good.

The world can't not survive if lawlessness is allowed, same applied to the creator of the universe Himself.

So Christianity brought lawfulness

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Just Like The Biblical Joseph, Have You Ever Turned Down A Sexual Advance? / President Adama Barrow Hosts Apostle Suleman / Pastor Sam Adeyemi’s Daystar Celebrates 25th Anniversary

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.