Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? (18436 Views)

If Hell Truly Exists, Then God Is Not Only Evil, He's Also Incompetent / Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband / Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by Jeromejnr(m): 8:31am On May 07, 2017
MrPresident1:
The essence of faith is now almost completely lost.

Satan has deceived the whole world.

Sometimes I tend to think this is the most deceived generation of all time.

The whole world is in disarray.

2 Likes

Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by Nobody: 8:31am On May 07, 2017
christianity is about avoid hell...
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by Nobody: 8:31am On May 07, 2017
They exist. If you are spiritually minded and born again, you will know beyond any reasonable doubt that God (the father, Son and the holy spirit) exist and are definitely not fiction. So this question is pointless. How about we flip this question and ask Atheists: "when you witness the rapture and realise that God is real, what would you do?"

3 Likes

Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by Venica(f): 8:33am On May 07, 2017
no regrets. Christianity is d best thing that ever happened to me. without d love of God, i won't be who i am today.
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by banmee(m): 8:33am On May 07, 2017
hezy4real01:
Why person go sit down think say Hell or Heaven no de..... Is that person OK at all

Why a grown human being would think that angels exist is just amazing to say the least. What with everything we know today people still hang on to ridiculous beliefs. Smh.

1 Like

Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by tosyne2much(m): 8:35am On May 07, 2017
praisekeyzz:
Am leading worship now in church now. When am done I will comment grin
Abeg go sit down jawe... You're leading worship and you're still nairalanding tongue
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by Debbiepaul(f): 8:38am On May 07, 2017
applying the teachings of the true gospel of Jesus has made my everyday living amazing ..the teachings of Jesus is here to help us live and see life in a totally different angle . when a person accept Jesus Christ as his personal lord and saviour ....you will get to see and live life in a very easy and simple way ..following the teachings of Jesus Christ is the best life to live .
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by Horlufemi(m): 8:40am On May 07, 2017
I've never based my Christianity on heaven and hell. They don't exist (the way the preachers say they do).

All I know is Jesus is the way to God
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by Davidbanky(m): 8:40am On May 07, 2017
Nopes ... there's this peace that come along the Christian package ... if atleast I can't confirm the existence of a heaven or hell.... I can attest to that peace.

Secondly, there are rules to life ... what you put in is probably what you will get back. There's karma, repercussion and the rest... I don't want those hunting me.
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by Thepasserby(m): 8:40am On May 07, 2017
Ajewealth123:
what I can deduce from your write up is
1) you people envy and fancy Christians because of their ways of live.(peaceful,loving,cheerful,and givers)

2) you people don't understand Christianity that's why it is so hard to come to terms with it.the same reason you created this topic,FEAR OF "WHAT IF"?

3) what if Christ died or didn't die
What if God exist or doesn't exist
What there is hell or no hell
What if heaven exist or not..

One thing you people haven't told us clearly is how human came to be on earth.
But we Christians knows we were created by God in his own image.
This is very simple, relate it with this
Someone builts cars,phones, laptop, aeroplanes, tv' sand so on.
All these things didn't just exist on their own so you should also know we were created by someone(GOD).
It is never too late to give your life to Christ,he loves you, we are peace loving people,we practice what we preach.
Thank you
And pls make it a date with Jesus today and see how joyful it is to be in his presence

Please read my post again. I created this topic with the hope that thinking Christians will share their belief on why they chose Jesus, but the comments I have been reading since have indeed proven otherwise.
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by Langbasa: 8:41am On May 07, 2017
sleeknick:
I for dey run naked dey smoke igbo for street grin

I feel religion was setup to tame humans... If not, wahala for dey oh... Dis present Wahala for dey learn work for wia dat one dey
Abeg oga i no fit laugh again o,u are so on point.
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by Thepasserby(m): 8:41am On May 07, 2017
Horlufemi:
I've never based my Christianity on heaven and hell. They don't exist (the way the preachers say they do).

All I know is Jesus is the way to God

Someone is finally saying something... God bless you richly. How I wish others will think this way.
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by nothernstar: 8:42am On May 07, 2017
No eyes have seen God, hell or heaven but eyes saw Christ and heard his teaching. Though I fear God but I don't fear heaven or hell whether they exist or not I don't care but I care about that whom christ has told me of. I care about the life I live now that determines either of two later. The truth of life gets clearer once you close your eyes in death. Whether you believe or not, it not change a the truth. God remain God man remains man.
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by banmee(m): 8:44am On May 07, 2017
trustyshoess:
They exist. If you are spiritually minded and born again, you will know beyond any reasonable doubt that God (the father, Son and the holy spirit) exist and are definitely not fiction. So this question is pointless. How about we flip this question and ask Atheists: "when you witness the rapture and realise that God is real, what would you do?"

God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance, that is getting smaller and smaller and smaller as time goes on. Do you know what that means? The bible tells you that a rainbow is a sign from God to remind him not to destroy the world again meanwhile we now know that is a meteorological phenomenon that is caused by reflection, refraction and dispersion of light in water droplets resulting in a spectrum of light appearing in the sky. You get my point now? When something cannot be explained by an ignorant mind it is "God's doing". But know this, the things that can't be explained are getting smaller and smaller by the day. There is no God. What you all consider to be God are just questions that have not been answered yet.

2 Likes

Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by Irunnia: 8:46am On May 07, 2017
No
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by alan333(m): 8:46am On May 07, 2017
If God and Jesus Christ of Nazareth never existed obviously man is not created,i.e.no creation without the Creator vice versal no satan-no hell grin
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by shadeyinka(m): 8:46am On May 07, 2017
labanji:
I thought christianity was coined the word- Christ. So how would one become a Christian when there is no Jesus Christ.
Op, I'm not seeing an sense in your post.

Anyway take note that; Xtianity was forced on us by our Slave/Colonial masters and we need more consciousness to freeing our minds....
#Ensure you pay your tithes this morning as my landlord has given my co-tenant a Pastor, a quick notice.

Defice the term "forced" and hence answer
How was Christianity forced on Nigerians?
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by Rufflinez: 8:47am On May 07, 2017
No! Never! In Christianity as a lifestyle, you're taught gentility, humility and love...
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by Nobody: 8:52am On May 07, 2017
banmee:

God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance, that is getting smaller and smaller and smaller as time goes on. Do you know what that means? The bible tells you that a rainbow is a sign from God to remind him not to destroy the world again meanwhile we now know that is a meteorological phenomenon that is caused by reflection, refraction and dispersion of light in water droplets resulting in a spectrum of light appearing in the sky. You get my point now? When something cannot be explained by an ignorant mind it is "God doing". But know this, the things that can't be explained are getting smaller and smaller by the day. There is no God. What you all consider to be God are just questions that have not been answered yet.
Lol you're barking up the wrong tree here. I know (not just mere belief) God. I know him very well. I have a relationship with him. I as a Christian, do not believe that Christianity negates science or vice versa. If I start explaining it'll take all day so go and tell someone else this long story. I pray that God will renew your mind, turn your stony heart to flesh and open your eyes to see the truth someday before it's too late just like he did to Saul. God bless you
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by AustineCJ: 8:54am On May 07, 2017
There wouldn't be anything like Christianity then...
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by passey: 8:55am On May 07, 2017
GOD EXISTS!
But for the sake of argument, In the very very unlikely case that God does not exist, then I will go with Pascal's wager:
The Wager uses the following logic (excerpts from Pensées, part III, §233):

- God is, or God is not. Reason cannot decide between the two alternatives.
- A Game is being played... where heads or tails will turn up. You must wager (it is not optional).
- Let us weigh the gain and the loss in wagering that God is. Let us estimate these two chances. If you gain, you gain all; if you lose, you lose nothing.
- Wager, then, without hesitation that He is. (...) There is here an infinity of an infinitely happy life to gain, a chance of gain against a finite number of chances of loss, and what you stake is finite. And so our proposition is of infinite force, when there is the finite to stake in a game where there are equal risks of gain and of loss, and the infinite to gain.
- But some cannot believe. They should then 'at least learn your inability to believe...' and 'Endeavour then to convince' themselves.
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by augustineokoro(m): 8:59am On May 07, 2017
my dear, their existence is SURE and certain.
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by Joshthefirst(m): 9:00am On May 07, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:
Nobody has ever died and returned with EVIDENCE.

What evidence do you have that Jesus existed and it's not fiction?
Jesus Died and returned with evidence. Historical evidence.

I repeat, there is real historical evidence, apart from the Bible, of Jesus' life, death, and resurrection.

Have you ever tried looking for answers Ojukwu? I doubt that. I have. And I found in Jesus the reality of life, hope, and grace, not religion.

This is the real deal. So I advice you to wake from the squalor of what you think is free thinking, and realize that your position is both narrow, and a lie, and seek the truth.
Happy Sunday.

As for the OP, It doesn't make sense, because if hell, Jesus and God never existed, the universe, humanity, and reality would be nothing. NOTHING. NOTHINGNESS.
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by GeneralOjukwu: 9:09am On May 07, 2017
Joshthefirst:
Jesus Died and returned with evidence. Historical evidence.

I repeat, there is real historical evidence, apart from the Bible, of Jesus' life, death, and resurrection.

Have you ever tried looking for answers Ojukwu? I doubt that. I have. And I found in Jesus the reality of life, hope, and grace, not religion.

This is the real deal. So I advice you to wake from the squalor of what you think is free thinking, and realize that your position is both narrow, and a lie, and seek the truth.
Happy Sunday.

As for the OP, It doesn't make sense, because if hell, Jesus and God never existed, the universe, humanity, and reality would be nothing. NOTHING. NOTHINGNESS.

I need video evidence of his resurrection.

There are African cultures who believe their forefathers descended from the Heavens. Muslims too believe in their Prophet and claim to have evidence. So do Buddhists.

Why not believe that but gullibly swallow what a white man told you?

1 Like

Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by banmee(m): 9:11am On May 07, 2017
trustyshoess:

Lol you're barking up the wrong tree here. I know (not just mere belief) God. I know him very well. I have a relationship with him. I as a Christian, do not believe that Christianity negates science or vice versa. If I start explaining it'll take all day so go and tell someone else this long story. I pray that God will renew your mind, turn your stony heart to flesh and open your eyes to see the truth someday before it's too late just like he did to Saul. God bless you

Funny. If i ask you why you think there is a God i'm sure you'll come up with "the miracles in my life" and how happy you are. Meanwhile as an aethist i am happy as phuck. I am a law abiding citizen, successful, and can pretty much discern right from wrong. The only reason religion exist is fear and for poor countries, poverty. You guys have better wake up and smell the coffee.
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by OKX(m): 9:15am On May 07, 2017
The word Christian means followers of Christ, so if u removed Christ then the Christian experience wouldn't exist.

So d logic of the question is flawed.

If on the other hand, u mean, if Jesus lied about everything and God isn't as portrayed and d Bible is a lie....then that's a different question.

The Christian experience is not a blind journey, waiting for confirmation of ur beliefs at the end of life's trip.

If u have built a relationship with the Holy Spirit, then his existence and the truth of the Bible and contents is revealed and verified to you on daily basis. U know the certainty of ur beliefs here, while u live.

So again, the nature of Christianity makes any question on its authenticity irrelavant., cos it is verifiable in ur life unless one doesn't really understand what being Christian means, which sadly, most of us dont.
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by GeneralOjukwu: 9:16am On May 07, 2017
obembet:

You need help more than anyone else, even more than BUHARI

Buhari is a 2 time President....your whole generation's achievement isnt even 1/10000 of that.

YOU need help ASAP grin
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by buchilino(m): 9:20am On May 07, 2017
OP 4 NOW I WILL TAKE MY CHANCES ABOUT GOD JESUS N HELL.
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by doyinbaby(f): 9:23am On May 07, 2017
Continue talking story......I dey go church to listen to What Jesus has to say...bye.....off to church
Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by charlesucheh(m): 9:27am On May 07, 2017
If the Chinese or Japanese had been in contact with us before the british, who knows! Majority of us would have embraced SHINDOISM, BUDDHISM, CONFUSIONISM etc. And still claim it's the best religion! I see relativity in all these! The OP asked a simple question and one who even doesn't know the Origin of christianity is acting up as if na him papa business!! You all should answer the question and stop looking at the OP as one atheist!

1 Like

Re: What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? by goldedprince: 9:28am On May 07, 2017
op asked a very intelligent question but idiots on this thread are busy condemning him.
just answer the question jare.
another question is, all of u claiming christianity, what if you where born in syria to a real moslem family, what will you do?
hypocrites everywhere

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Just Like The Biblical Joseph, Have You Ever Turned Down A Sexual Advance? / Ladies Disclose Worst Things A Pastor Said About Women In Church / Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.