Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,841 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1247632 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mjlbabajide(m): 9:00am On Feb 02, 2018
[quote author=noscarn91 post=64713725]
My brother , please are you in Sydney , can I contact u ? [/quote

Sydney is soon to be where i used to live. I am currently inbtw moving to Hobart, Tasmania.

You can ask me anything though. I am all yours.

I will still put up some stuffs here about arrivals

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Jobecca18: 9:02am On Feb 02, 2018
Jobecca18:

Please I need substantial replies to my question. Thanks
Please I really need to know these before Monday. Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ireayomide2015: 9:04am On Feb 02, 2018
Visa landed just now apllied 5 Dec. Details laters.... too excited to write good English

6 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ireayomide2015: 9:05am On Feb 02, 2018
Visa landed just now apllied 5 Dec. Details laters.... Details later...too excited to write good English

5 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by emirkingin: 9:07am On Feb 02, 2018
Congrat. Our grant will come soon.amem
Blazegab:
Morning guys.

Something just happen right now visa as come.

My time line.

Visa application 28th September
Biometrics 4th of oct
Medicals 5th of oct

Documents submitted
1 Coe
2 Sop
3 SOA 11mill closing balance
4 Degree cert
5 Nero cert
6 Evidence of enrollment in OAU although I didn't finish in OAU had to dropout and start again so I had a study gap of 3year before I enrolled and finished a new degree I n another sch.
7 Sponsorship letter from my elder bro
8 Payslip of sponsor
9 Birth cert mine and my brothers own
10 Letter of introduction from my bros employer
11 My own letter of employment

CONTACT from Co on Jan 02
Provided updated coe
And letter of introduction from my employer

Grant February 1st

I pray everybody expecting will get their. It was I tiring wait but al last. All thanks to God.

Heading to sydney
Kings own Institute
Masters of professional accounting.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sistaj: 9:07am On Feb 02, 2018
mjlbabajide:
Good to hear heaps of people are getting their grants. I was quite active around this time last year. I remember our grant arrived on the 17 of january last year and arrive Oz 14th Fed.

However, that is not why i am writing. I read some posts about using panadol, and men crying due to how hard they work here.

So quickly want to advice on managing your expectations.

You have 2 options upon arrival, namely; working hard or working
Thanks for this insightful post.Pls how does one get the RIW for railway jobs?What does the job entail and how strenuous is it?Thank you very much
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by emirkingin: 9:13am On Feb 02, 2018
ireayomide2015:
Visa landed just now apllied 5 Dec. Details laters.... Details later...too excited to write good English

Congrat. This people don enter December, good to hear this
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by onlyme07(m): 9:18am On Feb 02, 2018
Where is Albion05?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 9:27am On Feb 02, 2018
emirkingin:

Congrat. This people don enter December, good to hear this
Never finish November sef
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 9:31am On Feb 02, 2018
Congralutions dear, I tap in to your blessings and grace.

ireayomide2015:

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 9:33am On Feb 02, 2018
Am here sir/Madam, waiting onto the lord to grant my visa.

onlyme07:
Where is Albion05?

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by noscarn91(m): 9:38am On Feb 02, 2018
Albion05:

Receive your grant IJN

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Blazegab: 9:41am On Feb 02, 2018
Albion05:

Yours dey Come. Congrats in advance

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 9:48am On Feb 02, 2018
Amen!...thanks bro!..

noscarn91:

Receive your grant IJN
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 9:49am On Feb 02, 2018
Amen!... thanks dear.
Blazegab:

Yours dey Come. Congrats in advance
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Jobecca18: 10:09am On Feb 02, 2018
mjlbabajide:
Good to hear heaps of people are getting their grants. I was quite active around this time last year. I remember our grant arrived on the 17 of january last year and arrive Oz 14th Fed.

However, that is not why i am writing. I read some posts about using panadol, and men crying due to how hard they work here.

So quickly want to advice on managing your expectations.

You have 2 options upon arrival, namely; working hard or working smart.

Working hard is when you have no tickets nor certification and you want to work. You will most likely get hard work. Bearing in mind that every employment will request your visa b4 offering you any job, secondly, because of studies you might be unable to work normal hours, so that leaves you with shift jobs to survive. 6am - 2pm shift, 4pm - midnight, 10pm to sunrise and so on.

However, it becomes easier to get good paying jobs, bordering around $30 to 40 an hour if you obtain a forklift license(cost 400AUD) or HR or MR truck lincence( 1000plus AUD), Australia is a logistics country, anything logistics and warehouse sells. We import almost everything, so they have to be stored, moved and distributed. Anywhere along that supply chain has good money and constant work.

Disability certificate(1200AUD duration one month), try and obtain a disability certificate as soon as you arrive, being a welfare based country, millions of people living with disability has to be catered for by law.
You can earn btw 27 to 30 on weekdays, double that on weekends and maybe night shifts. It is the easiest job, so far you can stand the sight of cerebral palsy girl, or a boy with fown sydrome. Ofcourse, the job will include some manual handling.
Catch is that you most likely will need an Australian drivers license to get into the door. In some cases the license alone gets you in, even without the cert course.

Or get and RIW ticket, work railway and get paid 50/hr.

Now, your question is, what do i do in the interim, well, go get a job at nandos, macca's or any fastfood while you work on obtaining any of those. If you are going to sydney, apply to UNrefugees as face2face fundraisers, they always look for new comers, cos old timers will do the job. Atleast you will fetch upkeep and rent till you are able to sort yourself.

What am trying to pass across is simple, no relocation is easy, even if it is from Lagos to Kano, or from dopemu to shagamu it is always tedious in the begining.

Plan ahead, research, stay positive, avoid fines

Thanks for this information.
Please, I have some questions for you. I'm about applying to Australia for July session for my Masters. I studied English language for my first degree. Please I will like to seek your advice on what to study that can guarantee my post graduate visa and PR since I have art background. Suggestions on cheap schools will be really appreciated.

Thank you.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Olajideadm(m): 11:03am On Feb 02, 2018
congrats
ebere272:
congrats to you..pls when did u apply
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ireayomide2015: 11:13am On Feb 02, 2018
Dec 5 2017
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Olajideadm(m): 11:15am On Feb 02, 2018
hey bro can we talk
lawland:
Hi Guys,

Please PM me if you need to make any payment to any Australia organization, i can help with that.
I will give me my rate and you can go and compare, if it suits you then we can do business. This
include but not limited to tuition fees, application fees, visa fees etc

Also, you can contact me for your PTE vouchers both for practice test and main test.

Thanks.

Lawland.

By the way, I am based in Australia. I started out just like you all. you can search my name to see all my contributions to both this thread and PR thread.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by nobleudeme: 11:33am On Feb 02, 2018
Thanks for your input but the course was chosen so it can relate with my work experience as my first degree and my current place of work have no correlation. If I apply for masters of my BSc. with no work experience, there will be about 4years gap in accounted for. I might be wrong, pls advice.

The aim is to get in then change course.

bligs:

Before you apply for any course, check the availability of the course on MLTSSL because the main purpose of coming here through the student route is PR, check if international business can actually lead you to PR in order not to waste your time and resources. My 2cents.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Donnal: 11:36am On Feb 02, 2018
Congrats.....Start packing ya bags. Trusting God also. Please wanna ask if ur sponsor was contacted and also your undergraduate school.

ireayomide2015:
Dec 5 2017
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by joephemzyz(m): 11:57am On Feb 02, 2018
Hey guys, trust y'all bouncy grin

My drivers license is gonna expire in March, and I'm supposed to travel this month.
Will it be tenable in Australia?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ireayomide2015: 12:21pm On Feb 02, 2018
Not at all
Donnal:
Congrats.....Start packing ya bags. Trusting God also. Please wanna ask if ur sponsor was contacted and also your undergraduate school.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Donnal: 12:35pm On Feb 02, 2018
U can get theirs over there. Please wanna ask if your sponsor was contacted abd also ur undergraduate school?

joephemzyz:
Hey guys, trust y'all bouncy grin

My drivers license is gonna expire in March, and I'm supposed to travel this month.
Will it be tenable in Australia?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 1:04pm On Feb 02, 2018
nobleudeme:
Thanks for your input but the course was chosen so it can relate with my work experience as my first degree and my current place of work have no correlation. If I apply for masters of my BSc. with no work experience, there will be about 4years gap in accounted for. I might be wrong, pls advice.

The aim is to get in then change course.

The four years gap shouldn't be an issue, that is why statement of purpose is there to explain your situation. Changing of course upon arriving is very hard, so there is high tendency of forfeiting your first semester fee if you wish to change course which is different from your initial course in the subsequent semester because by so doing you won't be able to apply for credit transfer and you may have to apply for visa extension later in the future.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uckennety(m): 2:49pm On Feb 02, 2018
bligs:

The four years gap shouldn't be an issue, that is why statement of purpose is there to explain your situation. Changing of course upon arriving is very hard, so there is high tendency of forfeiting your first semester fee if you wish to change course which is different from your initial course in the subsequent semester because by so doing you won't be able to apply for credit transfer and you may have to apply for visa extension later in the future.

I v 10yrs gap
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fobak203(m): 2:56pm On Feb 02, 2018
I was contacted some minutes ago to provide further information. On checking my mail, I saw Evidence of study undertaken in Australia. late commencement date letter from your university/institution of study. This made my eyes roll. I immediately became bad with English Language. Can someone translate this to me.

On a second thought, I remembered stating in my SOP that I am doing a research course and my resumption date is flexible.

Let me share my timeline to get insightful contribution as to what is happening here.

Medicals: 22nd November 2017
IElTS result: 8th December 2017
Visa submission: 15th December 2017
Biometrics: 18th December 2017
Resumption date:1st January 2018
Next available date:1st July 2018

My thoughts: I think my CO looked into my case and decided since I am going for a research course, if I can provide a late commencement date letter, they would grant me visa without the need for deferment.

The only wahala be say today na Friday and that's Saturday midnight in Aussie. If not I for give them the Kate commencement date letter immediately.

My Question: Has anyone been in this kind of situation before?
How feasible is it to get such letter from Macquarie University. If anyone has collected this kind of letter before. Me nor expect am oh, I don put mind for deferment. E be lyk say God dey use this guy.

I will appreciate any input, suggestions comments and way to go on thus matter. Anticipating your response e-fam
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by DidoKev: 3:27pm On Feb 02, 2018
fobak203:
I was contacted some minutes ago to provide further information. On checking my mail, I saw Evidence of study undertaken in Australia. late commencement date letter from your university/institution of study. This made my eyes roll. I immediately became bad with English Language. Can someone translate this to me.

On a second thought, I remembered stating in my SOP that I am doing a research course and my resumption date is flexible.

Let me share my timeline to get insightful contribution as to what is happening here.

My thoughts: I think my CO looked into my case and decided since I am going for a research course, if I can provide a late commencement date letter, they would grant me visa without the need for deferment.

The only wahala be say today na Friday and that's Saturday midnight in Aussie. If not I for give them the Kate commencement date letter immediately.

How feasible is it to get such letter from Macquarie University. If anyone has collected this kind of letter before. Me nor expect am oh, I don put mind for deferment. E be lyk say God dey use this guy.

I will appreciate any input, suggestions comments and way to go on thus matter. Anticipating your response e-fam

1)Evidence of study undertaken in Australia-----It seems you ticked the option on language proficiency that you have undertaken English language study in Australia in the last 24months. Check you application summary to confirm this.
2) I doubt if your school will allow you late commencement period of over a month. Contact your sch/supervisor to confirm if they run quarterly research program and defer to April/July. If possible a new offer letters and COE or extension letter will be issued to you which you will now upload on your immi account. NB: Ensure you click INFORMATION PROVIDED after uploading the requested docs. Best of luck

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lawland: 3:33pm On Feb 02, 2018
Well, like you said, your visa will be granted if you can provide evidence that your resumption date is flexible. I advise you write the school now attaching the mail from DIBP as an evidence, persuade them to help you with an official letter stating that you are welcome to start your research course as soon as you arrive. So yeah, write now and don't wait till Monday so your will be one of the first ones to be seen on Monday. You can follow it up with a phone call on Monday as well.
fobak203:

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 4:46pm On Feb 02, 2018
@Didokev have said exactly my mind.

Evidence of study undertaken in Australia-----It seems you ticked the option on language proficiency that you have undertaken English language study in Australia in the last 24months. Check you application summary to confirm this. ( Quote by Didokev).

Log on to your immiaccount and click view application details to see if you thick such.

Also contact your school for possible amendment on your resumption date. I wish they can be able to get you new COE as soon as possible.
Your Grant is rest assured!..

Sincerely speaking, applicants on research program with scholarship and a well structured SOP finds Favour in the eyes of the Visa officer or Case officer.
Congratulations in advance dear!.

fobak203:

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ireayomide2015: 4:49pm On Feb 02, 2018
am about to book my ticket who else is going to Brisbane? i need a travel mate (Female)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

Viewing this topic: SleekSavy21 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.