Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1250722 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kessel: 12:14am On Feb 07, 2018
please who or what is Elicos
jolanrewaju:
pte is the fastest within 5 days n simplest. However u can go through elicos just that is more expensive.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by matogbe: 2:49am On Feb 07, 2018
Teegal42:
Abeg who dey resume for deakin dis February
I am, when is your flight?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kessel: 3:01am On Feb 07, 2018
Done!!!
Solitin40:

PM me and I will forward you IELTS materials also make use of YouTube
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by PurpleG(f): 3:47am On Feb 07, 2018
@teegal42 I sent you a pm, pls reply.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 5:09am On Feb 07, 2018
[quote author=SSamuelo post=64846800][/quote]
Sorry I only have IELTS
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ilias2: 7:01am On Feb 07, 2018
Blazegab:
Please anybody with experience with Turkish airline to Sydney they are the cheapest but are the nice and smooth. Please advice. Heading out 3rd March about to book

If the stopover is not much and the timing between connecting flight is not short.then you can and if which lost likely is more than 14 hours stopover....na stress ..i use Turkey airline and it's stress for me personally....but in all cheap
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by soopamom: 8:01am On Feb 07, 2018
kessel:

Thanks, are you trying to say, i can prepare for PTE wothin 2days?
It depends on your current level of English proficiency. Have you always been good at english exams? If yes, then you can. Just read up on describing graphs and maps and brush up on your essay writing and you are good to go. if not, maybe you need to put in like 3 hours a day for one week before you write it. You can check out sample tests and other people's stories.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by soopamom: 8:07am On Feb 07, 2018
Blazegab:
To book flight has become issue now oooo all the airline no dey go Sydney. Turkish air no, Egyptian air no cos I will need transit visa pls how do I get to Sydney now
Turkish air transit visa is not a big deal and can be processed in 24 hours. Cost $50. You can apply online and it is an e -visa.
https://turkey.travisa.com/VisaInstructions.aspx?CitizenshipID=US&CountryID=TR&TravelerTypeID=TR&ResidenceID=AUS&PartnerID=TA
Get to perth then find out the next flight to sydney. Did you try South African airlines?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jolanrewaju: 8:16am On Feb 07, 2018
kessel:
please who or what is Elicos
english Lang intensive course

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jolanrewaju: 8:21am On Feb 07, 2018
mjlbabajide:
Good to hear heaps of people are getting their grants. I was quite active around this time last year. I remember our grant arrived on the 17 of january last year and arrive Oz 14th Fed.

However, that is not why i am writing. I read some posts about using panadol, and men crying due to how hard they work here.

So quickly want to advice on managing your expectations.

You have 2 options upon arrival, namely; working hard or working smart.

Working hard is when you have no tickets nor certification and you want to work. You will most likely get hard work. Bearing in mind that every employment will request your visa b4 offering you any job, secondly, because of studies you might be unable to work normal hours, so that leaves you with shift jobs to survive. 6am - 2pm shift, 4pm - midnight, 10pm to sunrise and so on.

However, it becomes easier to get good paying jobs, bordering around $30 to 40 an hour if you obtain a forklift license(cost 400AUD) or HR or MR truck lincence( 1000plus AUD), Australia is a logistics country, anything logistics and warehouse sells. We import almost everything, so they have to be stored, moved and distributed. Anywhere along that supply chain has good money and constant work.

Disability certificate(1200AUD duration one month), try and obtain a disability certificate as soon as you arrive, being a welfare based country, millions of people living with disability has to be catered for by law.
You can earn btw 27 to 30 on weekdays, double that on weekends and maybe night shifts. It is the easiest job, so far you can stand the sight of cerebral palsy girl, or a boy with fown sydrome. Ofcourse, the job will include some manual handling.
Catch is that you most likely will need an Australian drivers license to get into the door. In some cases the license alone gets you in, even without the cert course.

Or get and RIW ticket, work railway and get paid 50/hr.

Now, your question is, what do i do in the interim, well, go get a job at nandos, macca's or any fastfood while you work on obtaining any of those. If you are going to sydney, apply to UNrefugees as face2face fundraisers, they always look for new comers, cos old timers will do the job. Atleast you will fetch upkeep and rent till you are able to sort yourself.

What am trying to pass across is simple, no relocation is easy, even if it is from Lagos to Kano, or from dopemu to shagamu it is always tedious in the begining.

Plan ahead, research, stay positive, avoid fines
please where can someone get a disability certificate for a month because all the one have bn checking is more than a month. Please help with details. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kessel: 10:18am On Feb 07, 2018
jolanrewaju:
english Lang intensive course
i see,that means taking english classes when i cross over,that may increase my fee by almost a thousand AUD
not a good option sha but not entirely bad.
lemme give it a shot here first,if you know how i can get materials please help a brother.thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kessel: 10:25am On Feb 07, 2018
thanks
scored 79 in my last TOEFL. I really need some materials to help me focus on the best,googling gives many options which will take me time to organize,hence,extend my study time. if any one can give me resources for PTE i will be most grateful @solitin40 looks like he is enroute Oz

soopamom:

It depends on your current level of English proficiency. Have you always been good at english exams? If yes, then you can. Just read up on describing graphs and maps and brush up on your essay writing and you are good to go. if not, maybe you need to put in like 3 hours a day for one week before you write it. You can check out sample tests and other people's stories.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 10:38am On Feb 07, 2018
kessel:
thanks
scored 79 in my last TOEFL. I really need some materials to help me focus on the best,googling gives many options which will take me time to organize,hence,extend my study time. if any one can give me resources for PTE i will be most grateful @solitin40 looks like he is enroute Oz

I have materials for IELTS only

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Aieboocaar(m): 11:18am On Feb 07, 2018
kessel:
thanks

Pm me

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kessel: 12:07pm On Feb 07, 2018
done
thanks
Aieboocaar:

Pm me
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kessel: 12:09pm On Feb 07, 2018
ok,thanks for attempting
from my findings,looks like you will be traveling soon or has traveled. also read much of your recommendations and review of flights,was wondering, do you work with WAKANOW grin
You are a good guy,thanks
Solitin40:

I have materials for IELTS only
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 12:41pm On Feb 07, 2018
kessel:
ok,thanks for attempting
from my findings,looks like you will be traveling soon or has traveled. also read much of your recommendations and review of flights,was wondering, do you work with WAKANOW grin
You are a good guy,thanks
Yes I will be traveling soon not working at all but if you get one for me no problem at all

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by aamstih: 12:45pm On Feb 07, 2018
Get some data and dwell on youtube (not match highlights o), listen to everything Notefull has to offer as regards Toefl and in 5 days time, a 100 mark would be a walk in the park

kessel:
thanks

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Aieboocaar(m): 3:14pm On Feb 07, 2018
kessel:
done
thanks

Seen!!!.... Hope you sha have a PC and enough data??! smiley

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kessel: 4:42pm On Feb 07, 2018
Am very ready for this bro, anything that will make me be prepared for it in less than a week
Aieboocaar:

Seen!!!.... Hope you sha have a PC and enough data??! smiley
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Aieboocaar(m): 4:55pm On Feb 07, 2018
kessel:
Am very ready for this bro, anything that will make me be prepared for it in less than a week

check your mail then cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kessel: 5:41pm On Feb 07, 2018
Corectest guy
Thanks very plenty.
Aieboocaar:

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chukzyfcbb: 6:02pm On Feb 07, 2018
For someone with a Bachelor degree in geology. how possible is it for that person to get admitted into a post graduate degree or any diploma programme in the I.T sector.

Will the success rate be fair if one should apply coming from a Non-IT background?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by liliberth: 6:51pm On Feb 07, 2018
chukzyfcbb:
For someone with a Bachelor degree in geology. how possible is it for that person to get admitted into a post graduate degree or any diploma programme in the I.T sector.

Will the success rate be fair if one should apply coming from a Non-IT background?

I studied geology too. But I’m going for environmental science �, expect you have years of experience in the said field. But let’s hear from others.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chukzyfcbb: 7:09pm On Feb 07, 2018
liliberth:

I studied geology too. But I’m going for environmental science �, expect you have years of experience in the said field. But let’s hear from others.
hmmm, I had to do some reading from the early pages. I read stuffs like ; one could change course once he arrives there. I am kinda confused.

Why environmental science tho? is that what you truly want ?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by liliberth: 7:42pm On Feb 07, 2018
chukzyfcbb:
hmmm, I had to do some reading from the early pages. I read stuffs like ; one could change course once he arrives there. I am kinda confused.

Why environmental science tho? is that what you truly want ?

Yes. Getting into geology in Australia is quite hard, you must have geology experience and it’s tasmania that does pure geology Adelaide does petroleum geology. If you can get in fine then later you switch.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chukzyfcbb: 7:47pm On Feb 07, 2018
liliberth:

Yes. Getting into geology in Australia is quite hard, you must have geology experience and it’s tasmania that does pure geology Adelaide does petroleum geology. If you can get in fine then later you switch.
oh if I can secure a 2yrd diploma programme in Network Engineering, that would just be perfect.

I just fear getting bounced at the embassy
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sistaj: 10:07pm On Feb 07, 2018
Pls is it possible to do upfront biometrics?what is the proceedure?Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by capsule(m): 10:33pm On Feb 07, 2018
Aieboocaar:

pls can u help me with their material too... danielekanem230@yahoo.com thanks...
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Royalty4ever: 11:40pm On Feb 07, 2018
VISA GRANTED(Hubby, Child and I): 6th feb 2018. Thank you Jesus! God bless those behind this enlightening and informative forum, you are doing an amazing Job here. Thank you for helping me even without knowing it. I barely pass a day without passing over here to lift my spirit with those who got their Grant earlier. The prayers, the jokes(I can never forget the story of someone here who wrote about fasting until almost had ulcer, that day i laughed and also cried because that was my case), the encouragement here is massive, all these gave me the strength to hold on.... 8months of waiting no be beans my bros and Sis's but finally the God who fetches water with a basket to disgrace the bucket showed himself. To him i give all the glory. To all Visa hopefuls, please hang in there and pray for God will surely answer.

16 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ilias2: 2:04am On Feb 08, 2018
soopamom:

Turkish air transit visa is not a big deal and can be processed in 24 hours. Cost $50. You can apply online and it is an e -visa.
https://turkey.travisa.com/VisaInstructions.aspx?CitizenshipID=US&CountryID=TR&TravelerTypeID=TR&ResidenceID=AUS&PartnerID=TA
Get to perth then find out the next flight to sydney. Did you try South African airlines?

Transit visa for what. You don't need that.... For connecting flight .if your stopover is more than 8 hours.there is a lounge at the airport or more or less provision will be made for you to sleep and meal ticket will be giving to you. If you choose not not to get transit visa...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.