Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,105 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1247919 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jolanrewaju: 6:06pm On Feb 05, 2018
Please who is going to deakin uni for June/july intake. burwood campus...maybe we cld move together.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by joephemzyz(m): 6:38pm On Feb 05, 2018
please who has information on transit through casablanca, egypt and dubai? will i need to get a transit visa?
thanks guys.....

prayers still up for my people in here still expecting grants. iyanu ma sele smiley

4 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by capsule(m): 6:42pm On Feb 05, 2018
Albion05:
Supply Chain Management interms of job in OZ that I don't know much about. But you will definitely find job!..

Other faithfuls in the house that knows more about Supply Chain Management in OZ can help you dissect it.

For PR journey with the said program....... check the list of skilled occupation for the short term and medium - long term skilled occupation list.... that will guide you on your pursuit to PR....
https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/punjabi/en/article/2017/06/30/your-chance-migrate-australia-new-occupation-list-2017-18-announced

thanks... have looked through the list, it's actually listed in the short term skilled category, what does this implies... thank you for your anticipated response.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 6:51pm On Feb 05, 2018
Amy3090:

No
Call them tomorrow bro
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 6:53pm On Feb 05, 2018
joephemzyz:
please who has information on transit through casablanca, egypt and dubai? will i need to get a transit visa?
thanks guys.....

prayers still up for my people in here still expecting grants. iyanu ma sele smiley
So far you are not leaving the transit area and you are not rechecking your bags

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 7:15pm On Feb 05, 2018
As the name implies, Short term Skilled" simply means that the occupation is listed under short term which can be removed or moved out from the list anytime.

For example, some one might see an occupation listed under short term skilled prior to his/her program and after you must have finish your program or before your program runs out such occupation might be removed before you conclude your program thereby putting your PR pursuit in limbo as regard to your intended program to achieve your PR.

Most times is advice to look for occupations listed under medium and long term skilled occupation. It simple means that these occupation will take a longer time to be remove, because of the demand of such occupation.

capsule:

thanks... have looked through the list, it's actually listed in the short term skilled category, what does this implies... thank you for your anticipated response.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by phemmy28(m): 8:44pm On Feb 05, 2018
Turkish Airlines too dey lose luggage bruv, and heard the australian route isnt that smooth via Turkish.

Solitin40:

The reviews online and From Nairaland is positive so I will advise you to book it

Turkish Airline is one of the best Airline companies in Europe
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Teegal42(f): 9:26pm On Feb 05, 2018
mjlbabajide:
Good to hear heaps of people are getting their grants. I was quite active around this time last year. I remember our grant arrived on the 17 of january last year and arrive Oz 14th Fed.

However, that is not why i am writing. I read some posts about using panadol, and men crying due to how hard they work here.

So quickly want to advice on managing your expectations.

You have 2 options upon arrival, namely; working hard or working smart.

Working hard is when you have no tickets nor certification and you want to work. You will most likely get hard work. Bearing in mind that every employment will request your visa b4 offering you any job, secondly, because of studies you might be unable to work normal hours, so that leaves you with shift jobs to survive. 6am - 2pm shift, 4pm - midnight, 10pm to sunrise and so on.

However, it becomes easier to get good paying jobs, bordering around $30 to 40 an hour if you obtain a forklift license(cost 400AUD) or HR or MR truck lincence( 1000plus AUD), Australia is a logistics country, anything logistics and warehouse sells. We import almost everything, so they have to be stored, moved and distributed. Anywhere along that supply chain has good money and constant work.

Disability certificate(1200AUD duration one month), try and obtain a disability certificate as soon as you arrive, being a welfare based country, millions of people living with disability has to be catered for by law.
You can earn btw 27 to 30 on weekdays, double that on weekends and maybe night shifts. It is the easiest job, so far you can stand the sight of cerebral palsy girl, or a boy with fown sydrome. Ofcourse, the job will include some manual handling.
Catch is that you most likely will need an Australian drivers license to get into the door. In some cases the license alone gets you in, even without the cert course.

Or get and RIW ticket, work railway and get paid 50/hr.

Now, your question is, what do i do in the interim, well, go get a job at nandos, macca's or any fastfood while you work on obtaining any of those. If you are going to sydney, apply to UNrefugees as face2face fundraisers, they always look for new comers, cos old timers will do the job. Atleast you will fetch upkeep and rent till you are able to sort yourself.

What am trying to pass across is simple, no relocation is easy, even if it is from Lagos to Kano, or from dopemu to shagamu it is always tedious in the begining.

Plan ahead, research, stay positive, avoid fines
How soon can I get an Australian driver's license after entry.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by joephemzyz(m): 9:35pm On Feb 05, 2018
Solitin40:

So far you are not leaving the transit area and you are not rechecking your bags

bro, i am supposed to recheck bags o shocked
according to the ticket
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 9:48pm On Feb 05, 2018
Teegal42:

How soon can I get an Australian driver's license after entry.
It will take you 2 to 3years to get full Australian driver's license as a beginner and at least a year if you want to get it with your original Nigerian license after verification and some other process however you can be driving with your Nigerian license, that is what i have been using for more than 6months but certain jobs require Australian driving license.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Teegal42(f): 9:49pm On Feb 05, 2018
Donnal:
U can get theirs over there. Please wanna ask if your sponsor was contacted abd also ur undergraduate school?

How soon can it be?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Teegal42(f): 9:50pm On Feb 05, 2018
bligs:

It will take you 2 to 3years to get full Australian driver's license as a beginner and at least a year if you want to get it with your original Nigerian license after verification and some other process however you can be driving with your Nigerian license, that is what i have been using for more than 6months but certain jobs require Australian driving license.
What if I don't have a Nigeria licence?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Teegal42(f): 9:52pm On Feb 05, 2018
bligs:

The four years gap shouldn't be an issue, that is why statement of purpose is there to explain your situation. Changing of course upon arriving is very hard, so there is high tendency of forfeiting your first semester fee if you wish to change course which is different from your initial course in the subsequent semester because by so doing you won't be able to apply for credit transfer and you may have to apply for visa extension later in the future.
What if u apply for it before lectures start.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 9:56pm On Feb 05, 2018
Teegal42:

What if I don't have a Nigeria licence?
Then you can't drive and if caught while driving without a license heavy fine and you may face a magistrate court.
Teegal42:

What if u apply for it before lectures start.
There is no two ways about it, you apply for license and will be put through some test both driving and computer base, if you scale through a learners permit will be issue to you for a year with 12points, if you don't exhaust your points through penalties for the first years, your license will be upgraded for the second year and you get your full license in the third year.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Bethely: 10:01pm On Feb 05, 2018
ireayomide2015:
Please how did you go about the PhD stuff. Did you get supervisor firs? Please could you give me a break down. Then how many years was granted for a PhD, and please plus the cost. Thanks.

Please how did you get scholarship. I want to do my phd in mechanical engineering (Thermal option). Please help a sister. I applied to Queensland university but couldnt get scholarship
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by joephemzyz(m): 10:17pm On Feb 05, 2018
bligs:

bro, my Nigerian drivers license will expire next month, whats the best course of action in your opinion?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 10:22pm On Feb 05, 2018
joephemzyz:

bro, i am supposed to recheck bags o shocked
according to the ticket
Share the ticket and let’s see

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 10:24pm On Feb 05, 2018
joephemzyz:

bro, my Nigerian drivers license will expire next month, whats the best course of action in your opinion?
Go and Renew is ASAP
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by yhemight(m): 10:27pm On Feb 05, 2018
Hello everyone, 
My name is Yemi and I'm new here. I want to apply for my visa by next week for April admission, please can anyone put me through on how I will go about the application and how long will the application takes before my visa is out. 
Thanks will be looking forward to your responses
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 10:38pm On Feb 05, 2018
yhemight:
Hello everyone, 
My name is Yemi and I'm new here. I want to apply for my visa by next week for April admission, please can anyone put me through on how I will go about the application and how long will the application takes before my visa is out. 
Thanks will be looking forward to your responses
Ask you Agent or Dr google all these questions A graduate should not be asking things like this

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Teehomies: 10:48pm On Feb 05, 2018
Bro, you've been very supportive on this thread. God bless you mahn. Please i would like to ask, can one get a ride for aud1500?
bligs:

Then you can't drive and if caught while driving without a license heavy fine and you may face a magistrate court.

There is no two ways about it, you apply for license and will be put through some test both driving and computer base, if you scale through a learners permit will be issue to you for a year with 12points, if you don't exhaust your points through penalties for the first years, your license will be upgraded for the second year and you get your full license in the third year.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 11:30pm On Feb 05, 2018
joephemzyz:

Honestly don't know.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 11:33pm On Feb 05, 2018
Teehomies:
Bro, you've been very supportive on this thread. God bless you mahn. Please i would like to ask, can one get a ride for aud1500?
Sure, even lesser but it may not come with roadworthy certificate and registration.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Teehomies: 11:44pm On Feb 05, 2018
Wow.. Thanks! But what's the implication of that over there?
bligs:

Sure, even lesser but it may not come with roadworthy certificate and registration.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 12:35am On Feb 06, 2018
Teehomies:
Wow.. Thanks! But what's the implication of that over there?
If you are caught driving a car without registration, the fine is AUD700+ likewise the cost of registration is within that range, the cost of roadworthy certificate depends on the condition of the car, you get the certificate from any certified mechanical just to make sure that your car is fit for the road.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Lukainoluciano: 8:19am On Feb 06, 2018
Solitin40:

If your Agent is PFL first thing to do is call the Head office in Lagos trust me the staff will regret his or her actions and make sure you tell them that they will have to bear the consequences if anything funny happens to your application
PFL is a useless agency I swear...I paid 100k and they couldn't get me an admission... people re so wicked,, can you imagine playing with someone's future...God will judge them, I'm waiting for the right time to act... I pray for all expectants in the house,,God's speed

5 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by zeemo2007: 8:26am On Feb 06, 2018
bligs:

You Cannot get a good car for 1500.

We are student and it is important you minimise all expenses and cost. Trust me you don't want to buy a car and start repairing all the time with all your weekly wage. You will cry tears won't come out, unless you have back up from naija sha.

Cars that comes with road worthy that will give you peace of mind are more expensive.

Budget like 2500 to be safe

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uckennety(m): 8:32am On Feb 06, 2018
Lukainoluciano:
PFL is a useless agency I swear...I paid 100k and they couldn't get me an admission... people re so wicked,, can you imagine playing with someone's future...God will judge them, I'm waiting for the right time to act... I pray for all expectants in the house,,God's speed

Pfl and goago are nightmares i honestly swear

They charge exorbitant fees

Yet the are full of shìt

They are not supervised or sanctioned
While an insider said they have not been paid for i5months
Am using pfl now!
Lagos branch is ok!
Stay clear from other branch

Use BCIE cheaper and more committed

It just that this people has made deals with schools you can't apply unless via them if not why will i go to an agent!

I noticed that people who apply themselves get visas morethan people that you agents
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uckennety(m): 8:33am On Feb 06, 2018
zeemo2007:

You Cannot get a good car for 1500.

We are student and it is important you minimise all expenses and cost. Trust me you don't want to buy a car and start repairing all the time with all your weekly wage. You will cry tears won't come out, unless you have back up from naija sha.

Cars that comes with road worthy that will give you peace of mind are more expensive.

Budget like 2500 to be safe

Can you import from Korea
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NUkachukwu: 10:15am On Feb 06, 2018
olamitunposi:

Bro the waiting pass court adjournment o.... E tire me sef. But still hopeful. When are you due to resume? Today makes my application 85days, had to defer till May.

Hi, I strongly recommend that you give them a call especially when resumption is fast approaching. My little brother did apply on the 1st of Dec and when I realised his resumption date was pretty close, I rang the Pretoria office precisely on the 1st of Feb, thou it took about 50mins for the call to be answer but thank God they eventually did.
The lady I spoke to requested for details which I provided! She politely apologized and said "we are behind on applications" and of cos my response was, no worries! She went further to assure me she would forward his application for immediate review and revert ASAP.

To my greatest surprise, immigration contacted the same day and requested that school confirms a resumption extension. I hurriedly went to the school cos I am actually in Australia, afterwards, Visa was issued the next day.

As I type, my lil bro is on his way from Perth to Sydney.

Hence, I recommend this option but note: application must have exceeded the stated processing time and seen online.

Best of luck to all applicants. The phone number I rang is: +27 12 423 6060

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by olamitunposi: 10:30am On Feb 06, 2018
NUkachukwu:

Hi, I strongly recommend that you give them a call especially when resumption is fast approaching. My little brother did apply on the 1st of Dec and when I realised his resumption date was pretty close, I rang the Pretoria office precisely on the 15th of Feb, thou it took about 50mins for the call to be answer but thank God they eventually did.
The lady I spoke to requested for details which I provided! She politely apologized and said "we are behind on applications" and of cos my response was, no worries! She went further to assure me she would forward his application for immediate review and revert ASAP.

To my greatest surprise, immigration contacted the same day and requested that school confirms a resumption extension. I hurriedly went to the school cos I am actually in Australia, afterwards, Visa was issued the next day.

As I type, my lil bro is on his way from Perth to Sydney.

Hence, I recommend this option but note: application must have exceeded the stated processing time and seen online.

Best of luck to all applicants. The phone number I rang is: +27 12 423 6060

Thanks bro, but since I have deferred till May, I think it would be nice enough to give them this month to decide. Hopefully before month end I’d get a positive response. Thanks for your concern bro�... By the way, do you have any info on Queensland? Please share if you do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.