Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,404 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1246147 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Smile4mee01: 11:58pm On Jun 16, 2019
Brother, I intend to apply for Msc. Business analytics/Data science but I cant see it on the PR list. Or do i need glassee?

Kindly advice.

akinke:

I am sure you know Finance no dey PR list.
Victoria is a better place to live in than Sydney in my opinion. Sydney is overcrowded.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by edkai: 11:56am On Jun 17, 2019
Joan011:
THANK YOU LORD. VISA ALERT

I don't have much to say since the excitement hasn't worn off yet...been screaming since last night literally.

Yellow card: 15th May 2019
eMedicals: 16th May 2019
Biometrics: 20th May 2019
Submitted visa application: 17th May 2019
Visa came out on 12th June 2019.
Big congratulations to you. Which city are you heading to in Australia?

If you ask me.... I will tell you God did it for me. Don't give up guys, God hears and answers prayers he's gonna do it for those waiting.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fheyizsmart: 12:34pm On Jun 17, 2019
Good day House,

Please is it advisable to seek admission to Federation University, Australia considering it been an AL3 school. What is the chance of securing visa with an offer from this Uni and what requirements would assist in terms of funds?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sollej: 1:44pm On Jun 17, 2019
Congratulations bro. Please can I DM you?
Sparkle123:

Congratulations
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sollej: 2:08pm On Jun 17, 2019
Whao! Can I DM you please?
Solitin40:

Holla let link up which area do you stay?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 2:09pm On Jun 17, 2019
sollej:
Whao! Can I DM you please?
Yes yes
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mma24(f): 7:34pm On Jun 17, 2019
Good evening house...

Please I got 50% scholarship from WSU...which means that I will have to pay 3,150 for the two years and 7,850 for a semester.

The problems now is that my agent is still insisting that I provide 13 to 15m bank statement, but I have only 7m.

please kindly advise. Also is English test compulsory? Tho I intend writing next month.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by shupy: 10:27pm On Jun 17, 2019
Mma24:
Good evening house...

Please I got 50% scholarship from WSU...which means that I will have to pay 3,150 for the two years and 7,850 for a semester.

The problems now is that my agent is still insisting that I provide 13 to 15m bank statement, but I have only 7m.

please kindly advise. Also is English test compulsory? Tho I intend writing next month.

10m is going to be sufficient in your case. You do need to get a statement of account where funds are held for long period and with good inflow. My visa was recently denied solely because of that.

Support your application with sponsorship letter.

It's better to do English test. It won't be a problem for you.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Smile4mee01: 10:43pm On Jun 17, 2019
I am an avid reader here.

I am curious about how people manage to afford the Australian Tution fees as they are really high. All my years working in a bank here., I have only saved 6m and I desire a career change by studying in Australia.

Also would Msc. Business Analytics / Data science be a pathway to PR?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by TD4real: 10:50pm On Jun 17, 2019
Smile4mee01:
I am an avid reader here.

I am curious about how people manage to afford the Australian Tution fees as they are really high. All my years working in a bank here., I have only saved 6m and I desire a career change by studying in Australia.

Also would Msc. Business Analytics / Data science be a pathway to PR?

hey ,its been long i visited here, but have to comment because i was in your situation some months back. i worked in a bank as well, wasnt getting promoted but was getting more responsibilities. quite frustrating. i didnt save up to six million but here i am in australia and i dont regret any bit of it. with 6M you are more than good to go. long story short. make up your mind and start now. alot of guys have made it through without having up to 6m

cheers

4 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Joan011: 7:16pm On Jun 18, 2019
[quote author=edkai post=79411258][/quote]

Melbourne.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 6:43am On Jun 19, 2019
What flight did you use and how was the experience?
I used South African Airways it wasn't the cheapest tho if I can remember Turkish was the cheapest but with longer hours followed by SAA which was 40hours it wasn't easy at all

LAGOS - JOHANNESBURG
check in went well and smooth no issue but always make sure you weigh your bags very well. we took off in the evening, the plane is a new one very neat and big with bug screen and port to charge phone we arrived early in the morning the duration was 6hours or so the food wasn't bad also for this leg. Before leaving Nigeria I was told to go and ask SAA if I can get hotel reservation in South Africa but I was told it's not possible due to not booking directly with them so painful. On getting to the Airport I asked the price of the hotel it was so expensive can't remember the price again its per hours not per day.the stopover was over 13hours imagine sitting down in a particular place for half a day and nothing to do just window shopping and walking around plus eating and the restaurant inside the airport was expensive I had breakfast and lunch there . the wifi at the airport is free for 4hours and it's not unlimited and to get more hours wasn't easy at all after using the 4 hours I was so bored

JOBURG TO PERTH
The plane was small, not neat and old and no port to charge phone very terrible. Didn't enjoy this leg at all I don't have much to say here anyway after picking up my bags I was asked to open my bags and my locust beans was seize and at the port of entry I was asked where I will stay and I told the lady can't remember the other question and that's was all. I checked in for my other flight going to Sydney, brought sim card and adaptor and I went to the gate sat on the chair and I connected to the fast internet I was so happy ehn the stopover was short but enjoyed it the leg from PERTH TO SYDNEY was so long can't believe 4 hours journey within a country that was when I realise that AUSTRALIA IS THE END OF THE WORLD

So tired right now will update the house with pictures later and more stories

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Victoriouss: 12:33pm On Jun 19, 2019
Good afternoon house,
I’ve submitted my Student visa application first week of May and I’m yet to see any response from the Australia embassy. Please is it advisable to email the embassy for update?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Divine200: 2:39pm On Jun 19, 2019
Mma24:
Please guys am confused, I just go 50% scholarship from Western Sydney University for Master if Professional Accounting. What are my chances of getting visa and PR over there.
How did you get scholarship?
What are the processes?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mma24(f): 4:35pm On Jun 19, 2019
I don't know oo....I applied for admission for September section on January and was initially given 25%, later they contacted me again with 50% scholarship offer last week.

Divine200:

How did you get scholarship?
What are the processes?

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by emenik08: 5:15pm On Jun 19, 2019
Solitin40:
What flight did you use and how was the experience?
I used South African Airways it wasn't the cheapest tho if I can remember Turkish was the cheapest but with longer hours followed by SAA which was 40hours it wasn't easy at all

LAGOS - JOHANNESBURG
check in went well and smooth no issue but always make sure you weigh your bags very well. we took off in the evening, the plane is a new one very neat and big with bug screen and port to charge phone we arrived early in the morning the duration was 6hours or so the food wasn't bad also for this leg. Before leaving Nigeria I was told to go and ask SAA if I can get hotel reservation in South Africa but I was told it's not possible due to not booking directly with them so painful. On getting to the Airport I asked the price of the hotel it was so expensive can't remember the price again its per hours not per day.the stopover was over 13hours imagine sitting down in a particular place for half a day and nothing to do just window shopping and walking around plus eating and the restaurant inside the airport was expensive I had breakfast and lunch there . the wifi at the airport is free for 4hours and it's not unlimited and to get more hours wasn't easy at all after using the 4 hours I was so bored

JOBURG TO PERTH
The plane was small, not neat and old and no port to charge phone very terrible. Didn't enjoy this leg at all I don't have much to say here anyway after picking up my bags I was asked to open my bags and my locust beans was seize and at the port of entry I was asked where I will stay and I told the lady can't remember the other question and that's was all. I checked in for my other flight going to Sydney, brought sim card and adaptor and I went to the gate sat on the chair and I connected to the fast internet I was so happy ehn the stopover was short but enjoyed it the leg from PERTH TO SYDNEY was so long can't believe 4 hours journey within a country that was when I realise that AUSTRALIA IS THE END OF THE WORLD

So tired right now will update the house with pictures later and more stories

Congratulations on your safe trip. Please what do you know about the standard of education in James Cook University, Australia? I got an offer there for PhD but am having double mind about going through with it.

Will really appreciate your input.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by emenik08: 5:20pm On Jun 19, 2019
Good evening house.

Please I need information on the standard of teaching and research in James Cook University, Australia. The reviews in google aren't straight forward.

Please those already in Australia, those with experience and knowledge of the schools biko help a brother. I got an offer for PhD in materials engineering but am having double mind about going. Just need to know more about the school as am about to take a life decision.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Roadtoaustralia: 6:41pm On Jun 19, 2019
Please I need more input on this cry[color=#990000][/color]
Roadtoaustralia:
Good morning, I am currently studying masters in Australia, I got another admission for PhD which I have accepted, I am about to apply for visa. My mum fixed account is 15m, my husband fixed account is 3m and his running account is 1.5m. the total amount to apply is 30kAud around 7.5m. my questions are.

1. Can we use those fixed account as proof of funds
2. What doc or letter do we need to add
Note I want to apply with my son and my husband which is currently working in Nigeria
3. Then we have a landed property of 3.5m
4. They refused son and husband in dec for dependant visa

Plus, I will need more info from anybody currently living in Tasmania. Moving to Tasmania soon.

I will appreciate anybody that have gone through this process to also contribute
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Exodus14(m): 9:02pm On Jun 19, 2019
Waoooooo Congrats dear
Joan011:
THANK YOU LORD. VISA ALERT

I don't have much to say since the excitement hasn't worn off yet...been screaming since last night literally.

Yellow card: 15th May 2019
eMedicals: 16th May 2019
Biometrics: 20th May 2019
Submitted visa application: 17th May 2019
Visa came out on 12th June 2019.

If you ask me.... I will tell you God did it for me. Don't give up guys, God hears and answers prayers he's gonna do it for those waiting.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Joan011: 9:08pm On Jun 19, 2019
Exodus14:
Waoooooo Congrats dear

Thank you so much.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Joan011: 9:25pm On Jun 19, 2019
Victoriouss:
Good afternoon house,
I’ve submitted my Student visa application first week of May and I’m yet to see any response from the Australia embassy. Please is it advisable to email the embassy for update?

It's a 50/50 chance....you might get your visa or you might be denied ! Pray and wait.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Joan011: 9:32pm On Jun 19, 2019
emenik08:
Good evening house.

Please I need information on the standard of teaching and research in James Cook University, Australia. The reviews in google aren't straight forward.

Please those already in Australia, those with experience and knowledge of the schools biko help a brother. I got an offer for PhD in materials engineering but am having double mind about going. Just need to know more about the school as am about to take a life decision.

Wait Ohh do you want people in Australia to go to the school and inquire about it's teaching standards....use Google extensively and you'll get what you want...if you're having second thoughts switch to another school.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 10:00pm On Jun 19, 2019
emenik08:

Congratulations on your safe trip. Please what do you know about the standard of education in James Cook University, Australia? I got an offer there for PhD but am having double mind about going through with it.

Will really appreciate your input.
I don’t know anything about James Cook University but what I know is that Uni here are up to standard I will advise you to go for it and you won’t regret it at all
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tmddy: 11:20pm On Jun 19, 2019
Hi everyone. A friend of mine who is a lady has a room available for rent in the western surburb of Melbourne.She prefers a lady. Please DM me if you are interested. Thanks...
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by emenik08: 2:12am On Jun 20, 2019
Joan011:

Wait Ohh do you want people in Australia to go to the school and inquire about it's teaching standards....use Google extensively and you'll get what you want...if you're having second thoughts switch to another school.

In as much as it may sound funny. I have looked at reviews in Google and is kind of neither here nor there with some people talking more on money consciousness. I don't if anybody has or know someone with an offer there.

Currently, I have a benchwork space (offer to run my practicals) in South Africa for an ongoing PhD in Nigeria which I want to dump and go to Australia. Just kind of confused and need advice.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by emenik08: 2:14am On Jun 20, 2019
Solitin40:

I don’t know anything about James Cook University but what I know is that Uni here are up to standard I will advise you to go for it and you won’t regret it at all
Thanks. Will be grateful if you can ask one or two people around about the school. Am about to make a decision which I don't want to regret in future.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 4:13am On Jun 20, 2019
emenik08:

Thanks. Will be grateful if you can ask one or two people around about the school. Am about to make a decision which I don't want to regret in future.
I don’t live near the school so that’s not possible so sorry
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 4:14am On Jun 20, 2019
emenik08:

In as much as it may sound funny. I have looked at reviews in Google and is kind of neither here nor there with some people talking more on money consciousness. I don't if anybody has or know someone with an offer there.

Currently, I have a benchwork space (offer to run my practicals) in South Africa for an ongoing PhD in Nigeria which I want to dump and go to Australia. Just kind of confused and need advice.
Is your PHD full funded ?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uchman(m): 2:03pm On Jun 20, 2019
House how can someone secure Australia business, Visiting or tourist visa?
I will love to come over and purchase Automobile parts.

WestAfrican and Co please answer
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Anfieldboss: 3:32pm On Jun 20, 2019
emenik08:
Good evening house.

Did you get funding?

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

Viewing this topic: chidi4sam(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.