Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,332 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (624) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1250123 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by divineo1: 2:44am On Mar 29, 2023
whisperkay:
I got my Visa grant today. I am grateful to God and I appreciate this community. As a passive member, I come here almost everyday to learn from questions as well as answers provided to the questions.

Below is my timeline.
July 13th, 2022 - Admission to University of Wollongong (MSc Information Technology)
Nov 1st, 2022 - Deferred the admission till Feb 2023 intake
Jan 9th, 2023 - GTE Completed (Most Stressful)
Jan 19th, 2023 - First semester Tuition payment (AUD 15,602.20)
Feb 8th, 2023 - Visa Lodged
Feb 9th, 2023 - Biometrics capture at VFS
Feb 10th, 2023 - Medicals (Fatayi Williams)
March 9th, 2023 - Admission Deferred till July Intake
March 27th, 2023 - Visa Grant.

Misc:
I only provided PoF for GTE completion with the school, it was not a requirement for Visa application and hence, didn't submit for visa.

Agency Details
Name: Options Educations
email: alice.julius@optionseducation.net, nigeria@optionseducation.net
phone: +234 705 548 7011

Kudos to everyone.

Woow congrats. I'm also applying to same school UOW, but MSC in Materials Engineering

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lomaxx: 5:18am On Mar 29, 2023
Cj9jaland:

They do and it’s 70,000NGN. You can also write an email to IOM they will give you a closer date.

Thanks for the response. We’ve tried contacting both of them. Fatayi says they do on a rolling basis. IOM is radio silent. Booking the regular appointment on their website isn’t working. Any contacts will be appreciated. Thank you.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cj9jaland: 2:12pm On Mar 29, 2023
lomaxx:

Thanks for the response. We’ve tried contacting both of them. Fatayi says they do on a rolling basis. IOM is radio silent. Booking the regular appointment on their website isn’t working. Any contacts will be appreciated. Thank you.

Send iom an email, they will definitely reply. iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int.
+234 01 465 6600
+234 09 460 58400

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ilias2: 4:57pm On Mar 29, 2023
thug:

I checked and this path requires me to assess my skills as a pharmacist. The fees is outrageous and the nearest center for the exam is Ghana. If there where other path with the exception of the school route, I go follow.
However, if there is any other path that will not require me to assess my skills, let me know. I appreciate your input sir.

That's the PR route for now. If a trip to Ghana is the price to pay, it is way cheaper than doing a masters program.
Masters leads to PR - and you will still do the same process as well.
Go through skill-assessment.

If you have the required skills, education and work experience, I reckon you should go for it and push for regional area to give you better leverage …or even remote area.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tunlex01(m): 2:58pm On Mar 31, 2023
thug:

I checked and this path requires me to assess my skills as a pharmacist. The fees is outrageous and the nearest center for the exam is Ghana. If there where other path with the exception of the school route, I go follow.
However, if there is any other path that will not require me to assess my skills, let me know. I appreciate your input sir.
As a pharmacist, you can assess as a pharmacy technician and avoid the KAPS exam until you land in Australia but you may be able to get 491 only.
But if you have the funds, go for Pharmacist. Write the exam and have a shot at 189/190. Straight PR.
The choice is yours.

Find out more on skilled migration on my YouTube page.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OldBmhfB04g
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tunlex01(m): 3:02pm On Mar 31, 2023
Ilias2:

That's the PR route for now. If a trip to Ghana is the price to pay, it is way cheaper than doing a masters program.
Masters leads to PR - and you will still do the same process as well.
Go through skill-assessment.

If you have the required skills, education and work experience, I reckon you should go for it and push for regional area to give you better leverage …or even remote area.
Spot on!

To everyone, skilled migration should be your first choice. If you are not eligible, then explore student visa. It saves you money and stress because if you come in with student visa, you will still be back to the skilled migration process except you plan to come back to Nigeria.

You can only imagine if you spend less and get in on work visa! You can start earning straight, no school fees to pay or any restriction.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Kerimu: 6:28pm On Mar 31, 2023
Good evening my beautiful brothers and sisters please I have questions to ask concerning the IELTS text is if true there are people who can seat for someone in the text?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Samlakin: 12:10pm On Apr 01, 2023
I got my visa grant earlier today.

My timeline is as follows:

Medicals, Feb. 9th
Application, Feb. 10th
Biometric, Feb. 10th
Grant, April 1st
Commencement Date, June 5th
School, UniSA
Programme, PhD Business & Management (Fully Funded Scholarship)

Best wishes to those waiting and those who are planning to apply.

10 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by adewumi7: 6:45pm On Apr 01, 2023
Congratulations .

quote author=Samlakin post=122216696]I got my visa grant earlier today.

Medicals, Feb. 9th
Application, Feb. 10th
Biometric, Feb. 10th
Grant, April 1st
School, UniSA

Best wishes to those waiting and those who are planning to apply.[/quote]
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 01, 2023
Samlakin:

Medicals, Feb. 9th
Application, Feb. 10th
Biometric, Feb. 10th
Grant, April 1st
School, UniSA

So happy for you! Congratulations
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by d0pekellz(m): 4:36am On Apr 02, 2023
Please can anyone here on the telegram platform help me with the invite link to join. I was in the group but I changed my number and can’t access my old telegram account. Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ugonology(m): 7:19am On Apr 03, 2023
tunlex01:

Spot on!

To everyone, skilled migration should be your first choice. If you are not eligible, then explore student visa. It saves you money and stress because if you come in with student visa, you will still be back to the skilled migration process except you plan to come back to Nigeria.

You can only imagine if you spend less and get in on work visa! You can start earning straight, no school fees to pay or any restriction.
Please am a bit confused with my course application process, I intend to apply for masters in environment and climate emergency, but the only related occupation on the skilled occupation list is environmental manager. Can a masters in environment and climate emergency earn me the title of an environmental manager, so I could easily transition into PR after my studies?
The absence of management in my course title is what is getting me worried, please gurus in the house, your input will be greatly appreciated
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Thaddeus91: 11:14am On Apr 03, 2023
Samlakin:

Medicals, Feb. 9th
Application, Feb. 10th
Biometric, Feb. 10th
Grant, April 1st
School, UniSA

So happy for you. Congratulations. Currently expecting a decision from Monash over my admission, so I will be happy if you can give tips about the visa process in advance .
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ebdumi: 11:20am On Apr 03, 2023
Please is Edith cowan level 1 university in Australia?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 03, 2023
Ebdumi:
Please is Edith cowan level 1 university in Australia?

Yes
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ebdumi: 1:22pm On Apr 03, 2023
AsaNel:

Yes

Thank you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tunlex01(m): 3:15pm On Apr 03, 2023
ugonology:
Please am a bit confused with my course application process, I intend to apply for masters in environment and climate emergency, but the only related occupation on the skilled occupation list is environmental manager. Can a masters in environment and climate emergency earn me the title of an environmental manager, so I could easily transition into PR after my studies?
The absence of management in my course title is what is getting me worried, please gurus in the house, your input will be greatly appreciated
No, environmental manager is for managers in the environmental space.
There are 5 other environmental occupations on the list. You should check the list thoroughly.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by nurseafrica: 4:48pm On Apr 03, 2023
Boss please can i please request for the SOP PLEASE
AyaE:
Hello Guys, my grant just came in today!!!!
Thanks to everyone who has contributed on this thread one way or the other on this thread. It has helped immensely.
My time line:
Submitted application-31st July 2019
Conditional offer- 15th July 2019
CoE- 24th November 2019
Biometrics- 27th December 2019
Submitted Visa Application- 25th January 2020
IELTS Score- 7.0 (I had a minimum band score of 7.0 so my average was 7.0). I got a waiver from the school so I didn't need IELTS for school admission. My agent advised I write one for visa so I did.
School- Flinders University
Sponsor's account: My maternal uncle. Submitted 2 bank statements. One had 18m and the other was a fixed deposit account that matures every 30days. It had 13m.
Course- Social work (masters)
BSc- Microbiology

Submitted my credentials, letter from sponsor, proof of relationship to sponsor (uncle & Mum's NPC) and sponsor's account statement. I didn't submit payslips or my account statement sha.
Challenges faced: I already had an MSc in Microbiology so applying for a second masters was what I had to prove. Plus, with Social Work being a high risk course I had to write a convincing SOP. (I can share that with anyone interested cos mehn this took me like a month to write). My work experience was also a bonus cos I work as a care assistant.
Sometime in December the bank statement I used for the school admission could no longer be used cos he had to move the funds to another bank for investment reasons. He had to submit another letter to this effect. He also had to back it up with the fixed deposit account.
School resumes on Monday so if anyone could help with flight and accommodation links, I'd be most grateful.

Thank God!!!!!!!

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by nurseafrica: 4:49pm On Apr 03, 2023
pLEASE HAVE ANY ONE TRAVELLED WITH eUTHOPIA air VIA iNDIA . wHAT WAS THE EXPERIENCE LIKE PLEASE FOR A NIGERIAN PASSPORT HOLDER PLEASE
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ugonology(m): 6:25pm On Apr 03, 2023
tunlex01:

No, environmental manager is for managers in the environmental space.
There are 5 other environmental occupations on the list. You should check the list thoroughly.
I
One of occupations on the list has the same job descriptions and functions with my proposed course of study, should I just go for a masters in environmental management proper, to avoid stories that touch?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by villagecraft: 6:31pm On Apr 03, 2023
Hello House

Please which University ranks higher between University of Tasmania & Queensland University of Technology.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by snowlordng(m): 7:57am On Apr 05, 2023
villagecraft:
Hello House

Please which University ranks higher between University of Tasmania & Queensland University of Technology.

forget about higher ...go to Tasmania...you will have higher chance of getting your pr
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Guruindahouse(m): 12:59pm On Apr 05, 2023
Congratulations!!!!
Go and flourish!
Can I send you dm to get your SOP?
AyaE:
Hello Guys, my grant just came in today!!!!
Thanks to everyone who has contributed on this thread one way or the other on this thread. It has helped immensely.
My time line:
Submitted application-31st July 2019
Conditional offer- 15th July 2019
CoE- 24th November 2019
Biometrics- 27th December 2019
Submitted Visa Application- 25th January 2020
IELTS Score- 7.0 (I had a minimum band score of 7.0 so my average was 7.0). I got a waiver from the school so I didn't need IELTS for school admission. My agent advised I write one for visa so I did.
School- Flinders University
Sponsor's account: My maternal uncle. Submitted 2 bank statements. One had 18m and the other was a fixed deposit account that matures every 30days. It had 13m.
Course- Social work (masters)
BSc- Microbiology

Submitted my credentials, letter from sponsor, proof of relationship to sponsor (uncle & Mum's NPC) and sponsor's account statement. I didn't submit payslips or my account statement sha.
Challenges faced: I already had an MSc in Microbiology so applying for a second masters was what I had to prove. Plus, with Social Work being a high risk course I had to write a convincing SOP. (I [b]can share that with anyone interested [/b]cos mehn this took me like a month to write). My work experience was also a bonus cos I work as a care assistant.
Sometime in December the bank statement I used for the school admission could no longer be used cos he had to move the funds to another bank for investment reasons. He had to submit another letter to this effect. He also had to back it up with the fixed deposit account.
School resumes on Monday so if anyone could help with flight and accommodation links, I'd be most grateful.

Thank God!!!!!!!

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Jimdatzme: 2:50pm On Apr 05, 2023
whisperkay:
I got my Visa grant today. I am grateful to God and I appreciate this community. As a passive member, I come here almost everyday to learn from questions as well as answers provided to the questions.

Below is my timeline.
July 13th, 2022 - Admission to University of Wollongong (MSc Information Technology)
Nov 1st, 2022 - Deferred the admission till Feb 2023 intake
Jan 9th, 2023 - GTE Completed (Most Stressful)
Jan 19th, 2023 - First semester Tuition payment (AUD 15,602.20)
Feb 8th, 2023 - Visa Lodged
Feb 9th, 2023 - Biometrics capture at VFS
Feb 10th, 2023 - Medicals (Fatayi Williams)
March 9th, 2023 - Admission Deferred till July Intake
March 27th, 2023 - Visa Grant.

Misc:
I only provided PoF for GTE completion with the school, it was not a requirement for Visa application and hence, didn't submit for visa.

Agency Details
Name: Options Educations
email: alice.julius@optionseducation.net, nigeria@optionseducation.net
phone: +234 705 548 7011

Kudos to everyone.

Congratulations. I tap into your success as I await my grant

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Jimdatzme: 2:52pm On Apr 05, 2023
Samlakin:

Medicals, Feb. 9th
Application, Feb. 10th
Biometric, Feb. 10th
Grant, April 1st
School, UniSA

Congratulations!! I tap into your success as I am awaiting mine.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sudo1986: 4:06am On Apr 06, 2023
Please I have a question. I have also applied for admission for a PhD in Information Technology. However, I have the following questions:
1. I want to go with my wife. Do I need to provide any account statements? Though I applied for a full scholarship, which I pray it comes out successfully.
2. Do I need to pay for my wife's insurance? If yes, it's like how much?

The most important question is the account statement. I have a fully funded PhD admission in Canada, but I am still contemplating because of all these account statements and home ties issue.

Samlakin:

Medicals, Feb. 9th
Application, Feb. 10th
Biometric, Feb. 10th
Grant, April 1st
School, UniSA

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Sefunmi012(f): 11:46am On Apr 06, 2023
Hello house. Pls can i go for undergraduate degree in Australia with dependent?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Elachuks(f): 3:46pm On Apr 06, 2023
Goodafternoon guys, Please any gold black market rate for payment of school fee?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Samstan4: 7:47am On Apr 07, 2023
Has anyone applied for or gotten a student Visa subsequent entrant? Please how long did it take?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by 4everEdward(m): 10:59am On Apr 07, 2023
Please does anyone have link for Msc program in Australia
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Fredozki(m): 10:34am On Apr 08, 2023
Visa granted 7th April

Submitted on the 17th of Feb
Biometrics done on 20th Feb
Medicals, 6th March
Start Date, 29th May
Fully funded PhD scholarship, UNSW Sydney.

Glory to God.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 08, 2023
Fredozki:
Visa granted 7th April

Submitted on the 17th of Feb
Biometrics done on 20th Feb
Medicals, 6th March
Start Date, 29th May
Fully funded PhD scholarship, UNSW Sydney.

Glory to God.

Big congratulations

(1) (2) (3) ... (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.