Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,702 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (625) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1252785 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sudo1986: 4:56am On Apr 09, 2023
Please I have a question. I have also applied for admission for a PhD in Information Technology. However, I have the following questions:
1. I want to go with my wife. Do I need to provide any account statements? Though I applied for a full scholarship, which I pray it comes out successfully.
2. Do I need to pay for my wife's insurance? If yes, it's like how much?

The most important question is the account statement. I have a fully funded PhD admission in Canada, but I am still contemplating because of all these account statements and home ties issue.

Fredozki:
Visa granted 7th April

Submitted on the 17th of Feb
Biometrics done on 20th Feb
Medicals, 6th March
Start Date, 29th May
Fully funded PhD scholarship, UNSW Sydney.

Glory to God.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Fredozki(m): 11:41am On Apr 09, 2023
1. To the best of my knowledge, presenting an account statement is not mandatory once you have a full scholarship. I did not present any account statement although am going alone.

2. Most PhD scholarships will only provide single OSHC for the scholarship recipient this means that you need to pay for your spouse’s OSHC by yourself. Each school has their preferred health insurance provider please confirm this from your school at the appropriate time.

Alternatively you can go first and invite your spouse after some months.

Why not proceed with Canada since you already have a fully funded offer.

sudo1986:
Please I have a question. I have also applied for admission for a PhD in Information Technology. However, I have the following questions:
1. I want to go with my wife. Do I need to provide any account statements? Though I applied for a full scholarship, which I pray it comes out successfully.
2. Do I need to pay for my wife's insurance? If yes, it's like how much?

The most important question is the account statement. I have a fully funded PhD admission in Canada, but I am still contemplating because of all these account statements and home ties issue.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Seyimek91: 1:53pm On Apr 09, 2023
Good day house is it possible to use dollar account for statement of account pls I need ur reply
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Omoharjibolar: 5:18pm On Apr 09, 2023
bligs:

It depends on school. Schools like Deakin do waive Test of English for certain courses and you don't have to provide it while applying for visa but the issue is, you will definitely need Test of English while going forward.

This boils down to individual, it is very achievable but doesn't come easy.

Walk in early in the morning and talk to the Nurses like a typical Nigerian, they will reason your matter.

Good guys, pls how much will it cost to do student medical visa presently now
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sudo1986: 4:12am On Apr 10, 2023
Thank you very much for your response. The problem with Canada is the home tie ish. I don't have any work back home, and I don't have any property. Even, I don't have parent, and all my siblings are married. Furthermore, even if you are on full funding in Canada, you'll still need to provide a statement of account for yourself in which I do not have.
Furthermore, I am presently doing my PhD in China on CSC scholarship, but there is no prospect after the program, hence I am moving out. Also, my prof here just moved away from the school I am presently doing my PhD program.
My wife is also with me, and she just came in March. We have been separated since 2019 that I left for my Masters in China. This is the reason I have to move to anywhere I am going from here. However, the chances that Canada will reject the visa is high, especially if you are not applying from your home country. This is why I am Waiting for Australia to do well.

As for Australia, I heard it is more easier to go with your spouse than Canada. I just need to buy her Insurance. If there is no need to present account statement, I guess it is better to pursue Australia than Canada.
That is why I am reaching out to know the situation of Australia.

Thanks once again.

Fredozki:
1. To the best of my knowledge, presenting an account statement is not mandatory once you have a full scholarship. I did not present any account statement although am going alone.

2. Most PhD scholarships will only provide single OSHC for the scholarship recipient this means that you need to pay for your spouse’s OSHC by yourself. Each school has their preferred health insurance provider please confirm this from your school at the appropriate time.

Alternatively you can go first and invite your spouse after some months.

Why not proceed with Canada since you already have a fully funded offer.

4 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tunlex01(m): 4:28am On Apr 10, 2023
ugonology:
I
One of occupations on the list has the same job descriptions and functions with my proposed course of study, should I just go for a masters in environmental management proper, to avoid stories that touch?
If you are not a manager, don’t go for environmental manager
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mozillafire: 12:49pm On Apr 10, 2023
Hi guys, which Msc course can I apply to?
I have a bachelor degree in Public Health
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mozillafire: 3:25pm On Apr 10, 2023
BIKOO I NEED SOME SUGGESTIONS
Mozillafire:
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by EllenDgoodGirl(f): 6:01pm On Apr 10, 2023
Hello house!

I got my grant💃

Thank you to the gurus in the house for the continuous contribution to this platform.

Please I have a question, my resumption is June, can I enter Australia without buying extra OSHC to cover for the one month before studies?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Prowess007: 7:42pm On Apr 10, 2023
Good Day House

Using this opportunity to appreciate all those who have been supplying quality information on this platform. God bless you.

Please, I noticed most Nigeria Agents keep advising me to go for UK or others, when I tell them I'm 40yrs.
Is it that Australia don't grant 40s visa or what? I am going for MBA. Kindly advise with pls
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Chizzyvivian: 8:25pm On Apr 10, 2023
[quote author=EllenDgoodGirl post=122426464]Hello house!

I got my grant💃

Thank you to the gurus in the house for the continuous contribution to this platform.

Please I have a question, my resumption is June, can I enter Australia without buying extra OSHC to cover for the one month before studies?

Congratulations to you. Please kindly share your timeline. Thank you

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 10, 2023
EllenDgoodGirl:
Hello house!

I got my grant💃

Congratulations please what's your timeline

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by EllenDgoodGirl(f): 3:58am On Apr 11, 2023
[quote author=Chizzyvivian post=122429796][/quote]

Timeline!

Applied: 15th February

Biometrics - 23rd February

Medicals- 6th March

Grant : 5th April

All the best to everyone waiting.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Jayneve: 1:20pm On Apr 11, 2023
Congratulations, pls are you coming from Abuja or Lagos ?
EllenDgoodGirl:

Timeline!

Applied: 15th February

Biometrics - 23rd February

Medicals- 6th March

Grant : 5th April

All the best to everyone waiting.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mozillafire: 5:53pm On Apr 11, 2023
T3M3:
Good day everyone, I just got an offer letter from university of Tasmania to study masters in public health.
Who is presently studying this course in Tasmania? I have some questions to ask or who just got an offer an have started the process...I need help on some things. PM me
What’s your first degree?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mozillafire: 5:59pm On Apr 11, 2023
Elegantus:

To answer your question in one sentence. If you ever make it to Australia, you'll be fine and the concerns won't be any issue.
Bro, which PR msc can someone opt for in Australia?
I have a bsc in public health and I was considering mph but unfortunately it’s not among the PR courses
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mozillafire: 6:07pm On Apr 11, 2023
bligs:

Those professions you listed require at least a minimum of one year of working experience in the role to get a positive assessment.
I knew some people that were fortunate to secure jobs with similar job roles during Covid lockdown which aided their skill assessment but to be sincere getting a job in that sector with the job responsibilities you will need for skill assessment doesn't come easy but not impossible.
She still have option of writing APHRA exam (you can only write this twice in a lifetime) and if successful, she can practice her medical profession here.
The second option is switching to medical related course such as Nursing, Biomedical science etc while onshore as this will lead to PR quicker.
PS: Medical related professions are always in demand with a smiling salary.

Is it possible/advisable for someone with bachelor in Public health to go for Msc in Nursing or Biomedical science?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Elegantus: 10:35pm On Apr 11, 2023
Mozillafire:

Bro, which PR msc can someone opt for in Australia?
I have a bsc in public health and I was considering mph but unfortunately it’s not among the PR courses

Please google Australian Skilled list.

You'll find the list of courses there to choose from.

Again, you can come with Mph and after a few months, you can change to another course.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sudo1986: 1:28am On Apr 12, 2023
Please, do one need an English proficiency to apply for Australia visa?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mozillafire: 6:11am On Apr 12, 2023
Elegantus:

Please google Australian Skilled list.

You'll find the list of courses there to choose from.

Again, you can come with Mph and after a few months, you can change to another course.

Goodluck
Thanks boss

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by EllenDgoodGirl(f): 8:26am On Apr 12, 2023
Jayneve:
Congratulations, pls are you coming from Abuja or Lagos ?

Thanks. From Lagos.
Why do you ask?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by OAOA: 12:20pm On Apr 12, 2023
Mozillafire:

For PR's sake and your Bachelor's degree, MSc Nursing Practice

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Kerimu: 2:39pm On Apr 12, 2023
Please brother and sister concerning the ielts text if there’s any way out please you guys should let me know
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mozillafire: 3:46pm On Apr 12, 2023
OAOA:

For PR's sake and your Bachelor's degree, MSc Nursing Practice

Thanks boss
How’s the job prospects with that kind of combination

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NB1912: 8:25am On Apr 13, 2023
EllenDgoodGirl:
Hello house!

I got my grant💃

Your initial OSHC should cover 2 weeks prior to your course start date. I will recommend getting extra OSHC to cover for the period you arrive in Australia. All the best!!

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Rexc: 9:37am On Apr 13, 2023
Please guys, I need answer on the this, I applied to uk last 2yrs ago through an agent that am going for a conference in uk but visa was not granted but I asked the agent if there is a refusal note on that because I want to apply for a school to enable me know what to write but the said that there was not given a refusal note that what was said is that I should add more supporting documents if I want to proced but I collected my passport from the agent because is taken more time . so my question is that add more supporting documents, does it stand as a refusal.

Plz I need and urgent answer
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by OAOA: 10:03am On Apr 13, 2023
Mozillafire:

Thanks boss
How’s the job prospects with that kind of combination

Job prospect for Nursing is high
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Rexc: 10:07am On Apr 13, 2023
Please guys, I need answer on the this, I applied to uk last 2yrs ago through an agent that am going for a conference in uk but visa was not granted but I asked the agent if there is a refusal note on that because I want to apply for a school to enable me know what to write but the said that there was not given a refusal note ,that what was said is that I should add more supporting documents if I want to proced but I collected my passport from the agent because is taken more time . so my question is that to add more supporting documents, does it stand as a refusal ?

Plz I need and urgent answer
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tunlex01(m): 3:16pm On Apr 13, 2023
Prowess007:
Good Day House

Using this opportunity to appreciate all those who have been supplying quality information on this platform. God bless you.

Please, I noticed most Nigeria Agents keep advising me to go for UK or others, when I tell them I'm 40yrs.
Is it that Australia don't grant 40s visa or what? I am going for MBA. Kindly advise with pls
You may consider skilled migration route first! You can get student visa as a 40 year old as long as you can prove your GTE

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by EllenDgoodGirl(f): 3:50pm On Apr 13, 2023
NB1912:

Your initial OSHC should cover 2 weeks prior to your course start date. I will recommend getting extra OSHC to cover for the period you arrive in Australia. All the best!!

Thank you so much
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Oviebright: 6:23pm On Apr 13, 2023
Kerimu:
Please brother and sister concerning the ielts text if there’s any way out please you guys should let me know

Do PTE instead of ielts as PTE can be used for both school purposes and immigration purposes for Australia pte is more recognised than ielts.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Oviebright: 6:24pm On Apr 13, 2023
sudo1986:
Please, do one need an English proficiency to apply for Australia visa?

No you don’t but I recommend you do PTE if u were to do any English exams.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.