Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,038 members, 7,845,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

"How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" (94419 Views)

Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness / How To Witness To A Muslim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (96) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Barristter07: 3:38pm On Jul 03, 2017
Hairyrapunzel

Hairyrapunzel:

NO

denying the scriptures ?

2 Pet 1: 4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises ,

He was speaking about a Promise, but what will be accomplished through that promise, it continues

so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires

Hairyrapunzel, through the promises , according to the above they will participate (share ) in which nature ?

There is no place in the bible where they said humans will have a divine nature. Like I said read your bible ask the holy spirit for guidance.

they will be sharers of which nature ?

2 Likes

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:40pm On Jul 03, 2017
Barristter07:

grin grin grin

God was manifest in flesh and God died right ? .

This mystery would be difficult for the ungodly world to comprehend but it has been revealed to all who receive Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour. This is how we know those who are paying lip service to His name. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Barristter07: 3:44pm On Jul 03, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

This mystery would be difficult for the ungodly world to comprehend but it has been revealed to all who receive Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour. This is how we know those who are paying lip service to His name. cool

means OLAADEGBU is ungodly grin grin grin

Evading the questions asked by peacefullove and myself proved its difficult for you to comprehend as well, in short You know nothing

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Hairyrapunzel: 3:44pm On Jul 03, 2017
Peacefullove:

You must belong to False religion then, Since thats exactly what you just did to 1 Timothy 3 vs 16 . Manipulated verse.

Dont tell me you use new world translation. That is a manipulated bible which is edited every 10years
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Barristter07: 3:57pm On Jul 03, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Dont tell me you use new world translation. That is a manipulated bible which is edited every 10years

empty talk. grin

A sincere person doesn't need to read New World Translation to know that 1 Timothy 3:16 has been manipulated by trinitarians, Most modern translation said " He was manifested " or Which was manifested " Not God was manifested . why the difference ? that will lead a sane person to research the truth of the matter.

on top all, una no fit answer the questions that arise from the verse. grin grin

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:00pm On Jul 03, 2017
Barristter07:

means OLAADEGBU is ungodly grin grin grin

Evading the questions asked by peacefullove and myself proved its difficult for you to comprehend as well, in short You know nothing

What question have I evaded? You are the active dodger. See below the evidence below:

OLAADEGBU:

In what capacity is a man the head of a woman? Have you ever worked in or lived in a country where a woman is the head? undecided

OLAADEGBU:

And I asked you to qualify the capacity you think the Scripture was referring the man as the head of a woman there.

You are yet to respond to these questions, are you pretending not see them? undecided
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Hairyrapunzel: 4:05pm On Jul 03, 2017
Barristter07:
Hairyrapunzel

denying the scriptures ?

[/i]

When 7 men in new York do your bible reading and you read their interpretation
Denying which scriptures again. You said humans will have a divine nature and you said yes or no. I chose NO

I showed you what that passage said. Now you are putting sharing in bracket

denying the scriptures ?

Who is denying the scriptures here? you said somethingthe bible did not even mention. And now you are adding sharing. The bible did not say humans will have divine nature but it said they would participate in the divine nature when they have left the evil world.
To participate and to have are two different things
Continue twisting bible passages.

He was speaking about a Promise, but what will be accomplished through that promise, it continues

You didn't put promise in your question you asked another question entirely. You cannot manoeuvre your way through this.

[i] Hairyrapunzel, through the promises , according to the above they will participate (share ) in which nature ?

Are you asking me or suggesting answers for me?
Bible said they will "participate in" and bibIe did not say they will "have"

[i] they will be sharers of which nature ?
They will participate in the divine nature and NOT they will have divine nature.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Barristter07: 4:13pm On Jul 03, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

What question have I evaded?

You said : "this mystery will be difficult for the ungodly world to comprehend"

and I reply that your evading the questions pose from that same scripture You are reffering to proves you can't comprehend as well.

@ peacefullove asked : If God was manifest in flesh, who is the mother of God ? . you evade .

I asked: " God was manifest in flesh and God died right ?

So respond to this two questions and lets see if you are not part of the ungodly world that can't comprehend. !

You are the active dodger. See below the evidence below:

You are yet to respond to these questions, are you pretending not see them? undecided

Am not going in circles, this questions has been flogged by @ Captivator in your discussion with him, The context is Authority . and almost all accept God is Superior to Christ in Authority.
Christian's living in lands where woman is believed to be head follow the Scriptures not the custom. God is the head of Christ and Man is the head of a woman

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Hairyrapunzel: 4:16pm On Jul 03, 2017
Barristter07:

empty talk. grin

A sincere person doesn't need to read New World Translation to know that 1 Timothy 3:16 has been manipulated by trinitarians, Most modern translation said " He was manifested " or Which was manifested " Not God was manifested . why the difference ? that will lead a sane person to research the truth of the matter.

on top all, una no fit answer the questions that arise from the verse. grin grin

Hope you know jehovah was never mentioned in the Greek manuscripts? Putting what isn't in the bible is a crime

Your bible is edited every 10 years why should any sane person read a bible which is edited every 10years. New words are added and old words are removed. A bible that follows your ever changing doctrine.

So I will read a bible today then in 10years time they will tell me that what I read 10years ago is not the bible teaching anymore and tell me it's new light

Oga your bible is a manipulated one putting what is not there in the first place has made the bible a manipulated one.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Barristter07: 4:20pm On Jul 03, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

When 7 men in new York do your bible reading and you read their interpretation
Denying which scriptures again. You said humans will have a divine nature and you said yes or no. I chose NO

I showed you what that passage said. Now you are putting sharing in bracket

Who is denying the scriptures here? you said somethingthe bible did not even mention. And now you are adding sharing.
The bible did not say humans will have divine nature but it said they would participate in the divine nature when they have left the evil world.
To participate and to have are two different things
Continue twisting bible passages.

[i]

You didn't put promise in your question you asked another question entirely. You cannot manoeuvre your way through this.

Are you asking me or suggesting answers for me?
Bible said they will "participate in" and bibIe did not say they will "have"

They will participate in the divine nature and NOT they will have divine nature.

Maybe you don't know @ red, the greek word rendered participate can mean also mean Share . Check other translation for reference grin grin grin grin Na wa

@ Blue. Good! can we now say they are equal with God , since they will share with him in his Divine nature ?

2 Likes

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:21pm On Jul 03, 2017
Barristter07:

You said : "this mystery will be difficult for the ungodly world to comprehend"

and I reply that your evading the questions pose from that same scripture You are reffering to proves you can't comprehend as well.

@ peacefullove asked : If God was manifest in flesh, who is the mother of God ? . you evade .

I asked: " God was manifest in flesh and God died right ?

So respond to this two questions and lets see if you are not part of the ungodly world that can't comprehend. !

Go back and read my responses to these questions.

Barristter07:

Am not going in circles, this questions has been flogged by @ Captivator in your discussion with him, The context is Authority . and almost all accept God is Superior to Christ in Authority.
Christian's living in lands where woman is believed to be head follow the Scriptures not the custom. God is the head of Christ and Man is the head of a woman

You dodged it yet again like the grasshopper used to do. cool
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Hairyrapunzel: 4:41pm On Jul 03, 2017
Barristter07:

Maybe you don't know @ red, the greek word rendered participate can mean also mean Share . Check other translation for reference grin grin grin grin Na wa

@ Blue. Good! can we now say they are equal with God , since they will share with him in his Divine nature ?

Now you have put "share with him in His divine nature". This is interesting. The twisting scriptures is common with you people. maybe in 10years time it will be like that in your bible.
It shows that when twisting scriptures You can go to any length even if it means lying and misquoting people.

Its your normal way how you people misquote people and arrive at a conclusion in your head.

so from the above we have seen that you just picked words from separate sentences and combined them and turned it into a sentence which you want it to be and made it your conclusion

At the end of the day I have come to a conclusion that jws create doctrine which are not from the bible but from their own assumptions.

You are not the first and you won't be the last. it's the way you are taught to do things

Now I see why you misinterpret the bible. This is interesting.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Barristter07: 4:45pm On Jul 03, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

[s]
Now you have put "share with him in His divine nature". This is interesting. The twisting scriptures is common with you people. maybe in 10years time it will be like that in your bible.
It shows that when twisting scriptures You can go to any length even if it means lying and misquoting people.

Its your normal way how you people misquote people and arrive at a conclusion in your head.

so from the above we have seen that you just picked words from separate sentences and combined them and turned it into a sentence which you want it to be and made it your conclusion

At the end of the day I have come to a conclusion that jws create doctrine which are not from the bible but from their own assumptions.

You are not the first and you won't be the last. it's the way you are taught to do things

Now I see why you misinterpret the bible. This is interesting. [/s]

Obvious, you hijacked a conversation you are not ready to handle . Good day

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Barristter07: 4:47pm On Jul 03, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Go back and read my responses to these questions.

You didn't answer any . If you do, you can quote your answer

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Barristter07: 4:52pm On Jul 03, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Hope you know jehovah was never mentioned in the Greek manuscripts? Putting what isn't in the bible is a crime

Since the Scripture that Jesus used in the 1st century is the GREEK Septuagint - You can tell us if the name appear there or not, and in what character

That can help you.

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Hairyrapunzel: 5:01pm On Jul 03, 2017
Barristter07:

Since the Scripture that Jesus used in the 1st century is the GREEK Septuagint - You can tell us if the name appear there or not, and in what character

That can help you.

Oga the new testament was written in Greek and no mention of Jehovah in the manuscripts if you like give excuse for your religion
You added what was not there simple
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Hairyrapunzel: 5:16pm On Jul 03, 2017
Barristter07:

Obvious, you hijacked a conversation you are not ready to handle . Good day

First you say humans will have divine nature now out of nowhere you say say humans will share with him in his Divine nature
Bible says "that you may be partakers of the divine nature"

I never hijacked any conversation that I was never ready to handle. You are twisting scriptures and misquoting my statement and trying to make it look like I meant something when I didn't mean it.
I answered your questions very well. I went with what the bible said

You can't handle the conversation because you saw that you said something not in the bible and i called you out for misquoting me and twisting scriptures to fit your assumption.
I know your tactics.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 5:35pm On Jul 03, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Since I am stooping so low answer the question na. Just answer is Jesus a true or a false god?
When you don't have answer you start quoting different verses and still not answering the question
I am yet to see a jw that will answer this particular question.
You go wait tire to see one, you better go ask Jesus. No be JW talk sey na only one true God dey. Na Jesus talk am for John 17:3. Jesus will be in a very good position to attend to that.

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 5:46pm On Jul 03, 2017
johnw74:

another very simple question that the great marathon runner runs away from

Joh 17:3  And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
^^^ this is Jesus speaking in the capacity as a man(Son of God)

This below is showing that the Son in the Spirit is God:
Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

I know you claimed that is the only verse I know off showing Jesus the Word is God,
but you wouldn't accept my challenge of posting others smiley
The only last straw of the dice you can hang on to is repeated here as well. Now I fully know who you are.

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 6:02pm On Jul 03, 2017
alchemist13:
At least Jehovah Witness do not believe in the ridiculous doctrine of the Trinity.
That ridiculous mystery they are at loggerheads to decipher.

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 6:06pm On Jul 03, 2017
johnw74:

ac hor ladey
ha ha, that from the great confused athlete - marathon runner,

truly I do believe the jews said that Jesus was making Himself equal with God, that's what is written etc., John 5:18

truly I do believe Jesus said the jews are of their father the devil, and the lusts of their father they will do. He(satan) was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. That's what is written etc., John 8:44

yes Jesus said that about the jews, it is also about false jw being of their father the devil
see in red how you are alike

your confusion is amazing, only other people pleasing confused jw's can believe you.
Hahahahaha Hahahahaha I cracked who you are eventually. Okay, you cannot serve two masters choose between the Jews of Jesus day and Jesus(himself). Let's see if you are man enough.

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Barristter07: 6:49pm On Jul 03, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Oga the new testament was written in Greek and no mention of Jehovah in the manuscripts if you like give excuse for your religion
You added what was not there simple

You must be a troll , not to have think about my first response to you.

and the new testament quote from Greek Septuagint, which uses the divine name ? Yes or No. Now are you telling me the Apostle's deliberately remove and replace the divine name when quoting from the Greek translation called Septuagint ?

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 6:59pm On Jul 03, 2017
johnw74:

duh another lie from barristter with two "t",
if angels have the nature of God, how did satan and a third of the angels fall

angelic beings are not God beings, there are myriads of angelic beings, there is only one God being
who is two persons God and the Word (leaving Holy Spirit out, you couldn't possibly understand, you don't even understand how God and the Word is God, contary to God's word.)

The closest angels are to God is that they are spirits, satan and other fallen angels are spirit's,
but not of God's Spirit, and not God. Angelic beings have an angelic spirit, like humans have a human spirit.

If angels were of God's Spirit they would be God, as God and the Word is God
If angels were of God's Spirit, one third of them would not have fallen to a sinful state, including the false jw's god satan.

btw, Christians are not of God's Spirit, they have God's Spirit dwelling in them,
only Father and the Word are the God Spirit, when the Word became flesh He had a human spirit,
and He also had the God Spirit, He was both man and God, God can become man but He cannot stop being God,
and He sometimes spoke from a human prespective, and He sometimes spoke from a God prepesceptive, however I know you cannot understand any of that, and deny it even if you could.

false jw's, the great Jesus Christ deniers.
Simple question in what nature? The closest angels are to God as written in your post is that they are spirit. Bitting about the bush. They are spirit creatures just like God is a spirit. Simple. Of course angels are not God but they are in the same form(spirits). That is why it is easy for them to live in heaven and act as messenger of God. You can even go further and say they are spirit beings. They are indeed in the same nature but not equal that is where your differentiation and integration and the calculus comes in. Some are cherubs, some are seraphs e.t.c. Now can you tell us how you have arrived arrive at GOD Beings? Who is that (God) that created GOD BEINGS? After all the Angel beings(spirit creatures) were created as well. Nothing una no go postulate to support triheaded God beings but yours is becoming different gradually. Yours is diheaded God. Check your previous post. 4:15am(03/07/2017)

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Barristter07: 7:06pm On Jul 03, 2017
Bobo yi, stop making a mockery of yourself.

Hairyrapunzel:

First you say humans will have divine nature now out of nowhere you say say humans will share with him in his Divine nature

Confirm ignoramus, What is out of no where ? the Greek word translated partakers also mean " Sharers "

" These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature " 2 Pet 1:4 NLT

So does this not spell it out that they will share HIS DIVINE NATURE ?
grin grin grin
O ma se o

Bible says "that you may be partakers of the divine nature"

Yes, now Explain what it means to you ?

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Barristter07: 7:11pm On Jul 03, 2017
achorladey:

Simple question in what nature? The closest angels are to God as written in your post is that they are spirit. Bitting about the bush. They are spirit creatures just like God is a spirit. Simple. Of course angels are not God but they are in the same form(spirits). That is why it is easy for them to live in heaven and act as messenger of God. You can even go further and say they are spirit beings. They are indeed in the same nature but not equal that is where your differentiation and integration and the calculus comes in. Some are cherubs, some are seraphs e.t.c. Now can you tell us how you have arrived arrive at GOD Beings? Who is that (God) that created GOD BEINGS? After all the Angel beings were created as well. Nothing una no go postulate to support triheaded God but yours is becoming different gradually. Yours is diheaded God. Check your previous post.

hehehehehe, His fellow on his part said its divine nature he meant by Gods nature. he was shocked to discover even Christians will share that divine nature, The question he has refuse to answer is, does that make them equal to God ?

the Last part of your post is funny though

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 7:22pm On Jul 03, 2017
Barristter07:

hehehehehe, His fellow on his part said its divine nature he meant by Gods nature. he was shocked to discover even Christians will share that divine nature, The question he has refuse to answer is, does that make them equal to God ?

the Last part of your post is funny though
No mind them jare, and one of the GOD BEINGS DIE. CHAI ONE OF THE GOD BEINGS DIE. CAN GOD BEINGS DIE? IT'S UNHEARD OF THAT GOD CAN DIE, GOD BEINGS FOR THAT MATTER THAT Johnw74 favourite bible talk sey HAD NO BEGINNING AND NO END(REV 1:cool. IF I HEAR!!!!

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Barristter07: 7:22pm On Jul 03, 2017
achorladey:

Hahahahaha Hahahahaha I cracked who you are eventually. Okay, you cannot serve two masters choose between the Jews of Jesus day and Jesus(himself). Let's see if you are man enough.

The same jews also said Jesus broke the Sabbath, Am sure he believed this too grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by CAPTIVATOR: 7:30pm On Jul 03, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Are you saying a woman regardless of whether she is married to the man or not is not equal to the man?

A woman is not equal in authority with a man, She is under the authority of a man. how many times will I tell you this, don't you read your bible ?

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Peacefullove: 7:36pm On Jul 03, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

How did I manipulate the verse? All I did was to quote the verse and ask if this mystery has been revealed to you.

you mistaken me for another person, If you didn't manipulate the verse. answer my question . IF GOD WAS MANIFEST IN •FLESH• , WHO IS THE MOTHER OF GOD?

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 7:40pm On Jul 03, 2017
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw74: 12:39am On Jul 04, 2017
Barristter07:

grin grin grin mi o le rerin ooo

and according to 2 Pet 1:4, humans will have the DIVINE NATURE ? Yes or No

lie lie barristter, Christians can share in the nature of God now in Christ through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit
u deniers will never have that
try understanding what the Bible say's
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw74: 12:44am On Jul 04, 2017
Barristter07:

I have done that already from the Heart! I don't need your validation nor the lip service you are demanding . Let Matt 7:22,23 sink into your mind

Mat 7:22  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 
Mat 7:23  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

That is speaking about u and other non believers who say they can say "Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour" but they don't
and if they did they do not mean it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (96) (Reply)

Reverend Sister Leads Students Dance Group On Kiss Daniel's Music / Aloysius Nnamdi Ikegwuonu "Bishop" Who Built Attacked Ozubulu Catholic Church / Reverend Sister Visits Village In Niger State Where Women Go Topless. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.