Stats: 3,155,711 members, 7,827,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

"How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" (93924 Views)

Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness / How To Witness To A Muslim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (96) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 7:50pm On Jul 02, 2017
johnw74:

The verse is talking about God exalting the man Jesus, how does God exalting Jesus and giving Him a name above every other name, mean that the Word is not equal with God as scriptures show He is?
come back now you hear

a bit to many ha ha's there ac, you appear to be bordering on hysteria,
that can happen mocking the Lord and Saviour as you do.

well of course continued confusion from you ac hor ladey, it seems all you have,
continued confusion - mumbo jumbo to deny God's word that shows "the Word is equal to the Father":

Php 2:6  Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God
Php 2:7  But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Joh 5:18  Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

And in your continued confusion and mumbo jumbo ac, you still deny the Lord and saviour Jesus Christ:

Joh_4:42  And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

Php_3:20  For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

2Pe_1:11  For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

I give scriptures showing that the word is equal to the Father, and I give scriptures showing that Jesus is indeed the Lord and Saviour,
you ac don't believe God's word and give confusion and mumbo jumbo in your denial of God's word and in your denial that Jesus Christ is Lord and Saviour
of course confusion and mumbo jumbo is what comes from denying God's word and the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ
you prove that in your every post. smiley
I have been waiting for you to quote this scripture, my prayer answered definitely.
Do you believe what the Jews said here about Jesus your personal Lord and Saviour ........
Joh 5:18  Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, [b]making himself equal with God
Do you believe what Jesus your personal Lord and Saviour said here about the same Jews ..........
John 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. John 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
If I am a student of yours, whose word would you want me to believe(that of the Jews or Jesus christ or both). Note, Whatever you choose for me tells me the kind of person you are. Chose wisely or run from the question as usual.

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Hairyrapunzel: 7:54pm On Jul 02, 2017
Barristter07:

Very hilarious statement though , You can't be subordinate to your equal . Absorb that

Since you agree with the scriptures that Jesus is subordinate to His God, Am okay with that

Same way Jesus is subordinate to His Father

We are both humans, But definitely Not equal cheesy

Angels have the nature of God ( Spirit being John 4:24) They are all Spirits .

You and your boss both have different roles at work but you are both human beings
Angels are not in nature God. They don't possess the divine nature.

There is only one true God

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 7:54pm On Jul 02, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

So you are saying Satan has divine nature?
Whether you like it or not Paul said Jesus is God in that verse.
Don't say what's not in the Bible. Do you know the implication of what you said?
Wetin concern me with divine nature, you start from nature, now you don enter divine nature. Divine nature ko undivine nature ni. You want start to qualify nature nw, oya start. Tell me the implications, I wan hear you

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 7:58pm On Jul 02, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

You and your boss both have different roles at work but you are both human beings

JESUS SAID SO AS WELL JOHN 17:3. what do you think? Psalms 83:18 says that only true God is the most high all over all.

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Hairyrapunzel: 7:59pm On Jul 02, 2017
achorladey:

I have been waiting for you to quote this scripture, my prayer answered definitely.
Do you believe what the Jews said here about Jesus your personal Lord and Saviour ........
Joh 5:18  Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, [b]making himself equal with God
Do you believe what Jesus your personal Lord and Saviour said here about the same Jews ..........
John 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. John 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
If I am a student of yours, whose word would you want me to believe(that of the Jews or Jesus christ or both). Note, Whatever you choose for me tells me the kind of person you are. Chose wisely or run from the question as usual.

Read the Bible well. you remind me of the Jews wanting to kill Jesus because they said Jesus said he was God which to them that was blasphemy
And You tell us it is blasphemy when we say Jesus is God and Jesus is our personal Lord and savior.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Hairyrapunzel: 8:00pm On Jul 02, 2017
achorladey:

JESUS SAID SO AS WELL JOHN 17:3. what do you think? Psalms 83:18 says that only true God is the most high all over all.
Jesus is God
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Hairyrapunzel: 8:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
achorladey:

Wetin concern me with divine nature, you start from nature, now you don enter divine nature. Divine nature ko undivine nature ni. You want start to qualify nature nw, oya start. Tell me the implications, I wan hear you

You see yourself didn't you make wrong assumption that the nature of God and the nature of Satan is spirit?
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 8:03pm On Jul 02, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

You see yourself didn't you make wrong assumption that the nature of God and the nature of Satan is spirit?
Tell us the nature of Satan. I know you have the knowledge about him as well.

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 8:07pm On Jul 02, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Read the Bible well. you remind me of the Jews wanting to kill Jesus because they said Jesus said he was God which to them that was blasphemy
And You tell us it is blasphemy when we say Jesus is God and Jesus is our personal Lord and savior.
That is it, I can make my informed recommendation then.

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Hairyrapunzel: 8:15pm On Jul 02, 2017
achorladey:

Tell us the nature of Satan. I know you have the knowledge about him as well.

See how you are moving from pillar to goalpost is it not you that mentioned Satan in trying to explain y Paul made his statement in phil 2:6?
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 8:20pm On Jul 02, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

See how you are moving from pillar to goalpost is it not you that mentioned Satan in trying to explain y Paul made his statement in phil 2:6?
Oga if you can't answer the question don't bother to quote. Wetin I use the Devil in my explanation still dey that post go and read it. It is still there.

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Hairyrapunzel: 9:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
achorladey:

Oga if you can't answer the question don't bother to quote. Wetin I use the Devil in my explanation still dey that post go and read it. It is still there.

Using the satan explanation not in the Bible to support your argument About Jesus not being God.
See your comment below

Let me help you reason well, let's assume Jesus is equal with God(definitely Jesus was not) would it be right for Jesus to entertain such thought of taken advantage of his equality with God? What will he(Jesus) gain from taking such advantage since they are equal? Will it be necessary for Jesus to seek God's consent to be restored back to a position he humbly dropped? Or why will God need to exalt him to a position he(Jesus) humbly relinquished? That Satan took advantage of being in God's form or nature made him any better than his creator? See that scripture in its proper sense.

see how you put in satan explanation something not in the Bible to ask your questions

And the way you ask questions are not good instead of asking questions directly you tend to make suggestions on what the person is to answer while ending the statement with question mark. I think It's being deceitful

Well I won't assume my beliefs are not based on assumptions from the Bible rather from the Bible itself. If Jesus had a problem with people calling him God or giving him accolades given to God he would have told them to stop and told them he wasn't God that they should stop. Don't ask me to assume. But just know that you just told me your beliefs are based on assumptions

Like I said read the whole chapter and get a real grasp of what the chapter means. You are quoting out of context and btw that Paul said that Jesus being in very nature God, but did not consider himself equal as the father doesn't mean Jesus is not God.
Paul even acknowledged Jesus Christ as God
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Hairyrapunzel: 10:06pm On Jul 02, 2017
achorladey:

For me Jesus is God and you are thought to believe Jesus is a god. we both agree that there is only one true God.

Since you believe Jesus is a god then what kind of God is he? A true or a false God?

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Barristter07: 10:36pm On Jul 02, 2017
Hairyrapunzel

Hairyrapunzel:

Still a very illogical assertion, Are you aware that humans will be Partakers of the DIVINE NATURE ? ( 2 Pet 1:4) Does this mean they are equal to God ?

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Barristter07: 10:45pm On Jul 02, 2017
Hairyrapunzel

Hairyrapunzel:

Same Divine nature

The same Divine nature that Humans will have ? ( 2 Pet 1:4 ) Hehehehehe , a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Do you agree that those humans are equal to God ?

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 11:12pm On Jul 02, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

For me Jesus is God and you are thought to believe Jesus is a god. we both agree that there is only one true God.

Since you believe Jesus is a god then what kind of God is he? A true or a false God?
What a question!!!! You don't have to stoop so low to ask such a question. You can go and ask your personal Lord and Saviour what John 17:3 means after all he(Jesus) was praying to the only true God no be me talk am, Na Jesus talk so for John 17:3

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 11:18pm On Jul 02, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Using the satan explanation not in the Bible to support your argument About Jesus not being God.
See your comment below

Let me help you reason well, let's assume Jesus is equal with God(definitely Jesus was not) would it be right for Jesus to entertain such thought of taken advantage of his equality with God? What will he(Jesus) gain from taking such advantage since they are equal? Will it be necessary for Jesus to seek God's consent to be restored back to a position he humbly dropped? Or why will God need to exalt him to a position he(Jesus) humbly relinquished? That Satan took advantage of being in God's form or nature made him any better than his creator? See that scripture in its proper sense.

see how you put in satan explanation something not in the Bible to ask your questions

And the way you ask questions are not good instead of asking questions directly you tend to make suggestions on what the person is to answer while ending the statement with question mark. I think It's being deceitful

Well I won't assume my beliefs are not based on assumptions from the Bible rather from the Bible itself. If Jesus had a problem with people calling him God or giving him accolades given to God he would have told them to stop and told them he wasn't God that they should stop. Don't ask me to assume. But just know that you just told me your beliefs are based on assumptions

Like I said read the whole chapter and get a real grasp of what the chapter means. You are quoting out of context and btw that Paul said that Jesus being in very nature God, but did not consider himself equal as the father doesn't mean Jesus is not God.
Paul even acknowledged Jesus Christ as God

You could have given us the nature of Satan, if you can tell us the nature of Jesus christ will that of Satan be difficult? After all the Satan we all know today was created.

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by alchemist13: 11:22pm On Jul 02, 2017
At least Jehovah Witness do not believe in the ridiculous doctrine of the Trinity.

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw74: 12:04am On Jul 03, 2017
Barristter07:
Johnw74

@ captivator is right, Jesus spoke of His Father as His God and our God (John 20:17) If His Father being our God means he is Superior to us , Same applies to Jesus going by John 20:17 quoted earlier .

Jesus calling Father "my God" doesn'mean the Bible is wrong about Jesus being equal to the Father,
one of your problems is you don't believe God's word,
Father also called Jesus "O God"
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw74: 12:35am On Jul 03, 2017
Barristter07:

Father and Son are not equal ( John 14:28)

It didn't take long for you to start lying again lie lie barrisster
barristter has one "t" by the way, not a very smart barrister

Joh 14:28  Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I. 
^^^Jesus is speaking there from His human perpespective,
as the Word He is equal like the scriptures show, , open your eyes and believe the Bible

but of course you lie lie captivator don't believe the Bible and your false jw org has changed your own book

Jesus knew He was equal to God(Father):
Php_2:6  Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

The Jews of that time knew Jesus considered Himself God:
Joh 10:33  The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Joh 20:28  And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

God is One:
Joh 10:30  I and my Father are one. 

Joh 8:58  Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
^^^ Jesus is Yahovah(God) of the Old Testament, read the Yahovah - Jesus verses I posted, but believe them.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw74: 12:47am On Jul 03, 2017
Barristter07:
achorladey

Thank you for the bold part in the above post, If they are indeed equal, Exalting him should have make him Greater than God grin grin

Barristter07:

achorladey

Logical , Even the context doesn't support their submission.

people pleaser, supporting confusion, non understanding, and denial of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by oaroloye(m): 1:13am On Jul 03, 2017
Read their Textbooks and show where they screwed up.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw74: 3:11am On Jul 03, 2017
Barristter07:
saintmark88

Very hilarious statement though , You can't be subordinate to your equal . Absorb that

lie lie barristter, saintmark post is a good one, and all you can do is try and twist- lie away the truth

Jesus the "man" is subordinate to Father "God", and with that you deny all the scriptrures showing that "the Word is God",
God(Father) and God((the Word) is God, of course God is equal to God,
but instead of believeing the Bible, you deny it because you cannot understand, not having God's Spirit.

Jesus emptied himself of his divinity, of his equality with God, and became a subordinate man.
As God, God and the Word is equal, of course, but not to Christ deniers, not to antichrists

you don't understand or believe, I know that, bad for you lie lie.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw74: 4:15am On Jul 03, 2017
Barristter07:
saintmark88

Angels have the nature of God ( Spirit being John 4:24) They are all Spirits .

duh another lie from barristter with two "t",
if angels have the nature of God, how did satan and a third of the angels fall

angelic beings are not God beings, there are myriads of angelic beings, there is only one God being
who is two persons God and the Word (leaving Holy Spirit out, you couldn't possibly understand, you don't even understand how God and the Word is God, contary to God's word.)

The closest angels are to God is that they are spirits, satan and other fallen angels are spirit's,
but not of God's Spirit, and not God. Angelic beings have an angelic spirit, like humans have a human spirit.

If angels were of God's Spirit they would be God, as God and the Word is God
If angels were of God's Spirit, one third of them would not have fallen to a sinful state, including the false jw's god satan.

btw, Christians are not of God's Spirit, they have God's Spirit dwelling in them,
only Father and the Word are the God Spirit, when the Word became flesh He had a human spirit,
and He also had the God Spirit, He was both man and God, God can become man but He cannot stop being God,
and He sometimes spoke from a human prespective, and He sometimes spoke from a God prepesceptive, however I know you cannot understand any of that, and deny it even if you could.

false jw's, the great Jesus Christ deniers.

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw74: 4:37am On Jul 03, 2017
achorladey:

Joh 5:18  Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God
[b]Do you believe what Jesus your personal Lord and Saviour said here about the same Jews ..........

ac hor ladey
ha ha, that from the great confused athlete - marathon runner,

truly I do believe the jews said that Jesus was making Himself equal with God, that's what is written etc., John 5:18

truly I do believe Jesus said the jews are of their father the devil, and the lusts of their father they will do. He(satan) was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. That's what is written etc., John 8:44

yes Jesus said that about the jews, it is also about false jw being of their father the devil
see in red how you are alike

your confusion is amazing, only other people pleasing confused jw's can believe you.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw74: 4:45am On Jul 03, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

@bold, yes he is like them

@underline, you realise he hasn't a clue, they all have been blinded

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw74: 5:07am On Jul 03, 2017
Barristter07:

Hairyrapunzel

Still a very illogical assertion,

His post is exactly true,
what part of it is a very illogical assertion?

none, but you are a forever lie lie

Hairyrapunzel:

Barristter07:

Are you aware that humans will be Partakers of the DIVINE NATURE ? ( 2 Pet 1:4) Does this mean they are equal to God ?

duh, how are humans, partakers of the divine nature,
by having the Holy spirit live in them, that's how,
their spirit doesn't change from human spirit to God Spirit.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw74: 5:18am On Jul 03, 2017
Barristter07:

Hairyrapunzel

The same Divine nature that Humans will have ? ( 2 Pet 1:4 ) Hehehehehe , a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Do you agree that those humans are equal to God ?

how can jw's be so duh,
by not having God's Spirit, that's how

the verse is not talking of some future time after the resurrection and catching up to the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, it is talking off what Christians can have then and now,
read the next verse 5, which tells us, that besides the promise that we may be partakers of the divine nature
we can then add to our faith virtue and knowledge.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw74: 5:55am On Jul 03, 2017
achorladey:

What a question!!!! You don't have to stoop so low to ask such a question. You can go and ask your personal Lord and Saviour what John 17:3 means after all he(Jesus) was praying to the only true God no be me talk am, Na Jesus talk so for John 17:3

another very simple question that the great marathon runner runs away from

Hairyrapunzel:

Joh 17:3  And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
^^^ this is Jesus speaking in the capacity as a man(Son of God)

This below is showing that the Son in the Spirit is God:
Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

I know you claimed that is the only verse I know off showing Jesus the Word is God,
but you wouldn't accept my challenge of posting others smiley
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw74: 6:05am On Jul 03, 2017
achorladey:

You could have given us the nature of Satan, if you can tell us the nature of Jesus christ will that of Satan be difficult? After all the Satan we all know today was created.

@bold, duh, not difficult at all, satan was a angel, had the nature and spirit of the angelic kind
until he had the thought to knock God of His Throne,
ha ha he so duh like false jw, he is the originator of: Jesus Christ is not the Lord and Saviour, the Word is not equal to God etc.
he is your father, the god that you follow, who teaches you,
I have to admit though ac hor ladey, he does teach you well.

@underline, you know him much better than most.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw74: 6:18am On Jul 03, 2017
alchemist13:
At least Jehovah Witness do not believe in the ridiculous doctrine of the Trinity.

False jw doesn't believe much of anything that is written in the Bible about Jesus

Mat 10:33  But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

(2Pe 2:1)  But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
(2Pe 2:2)  And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

That is sure speaking of evil phony jw's

however al, it is logical and appropiate that an atheist supports sectarian false jw's
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Barristter07: 9:14am On Jul 03, 2017
johnw74:

lie lie barristter, saintmark post is a good one, and all you can do is try and twist- lie away the truth

Jesus the "man" is subordinate to Father "God", and with that you deny all the scriptrures showing that "the Word is God",
God(Father) and God((the Word) is God, of course God is equal to God,
but instead of believeing the Bible, you deny it because you cannot understand, not having God's Spirit.

Jesus emptied himself of his divinity, of his equality with God, and became a subordinate man.
As God, God and the Word is equal, of course, but not to Christ deniers, not to antichrists

you don't understand or believe, I know that, bad for you lie lie.

Ignoramus johnw74 grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (96) (Reply)

"80-Year-Old 'Witch' Trapped On Electric Pole On Her Way Back" - Online User / Days Of Praise (3) — The Doctrine of Christ / Reverend Sister Leads Students Dance Group On Kiss Daniel's Music

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103