Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

"How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" (93182 Views)

Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness / How To Witness To A Muslim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (96) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 3:52pm On Jan 04, 2019
TATIME:
FAITH pushed Abraham to do WORKS right?
But it was the WORKS that's obvious while his strong FAITH is UNSEEN as in INVISIBLE to whoever is just looking at Abraham's face!
So we're still saying the same thing my friend, Jehovah's Witnesses are doing a lot of WORKS today and it's our FAITH which you can't SEE that's PUSHING us into action to do the WORKS you're SEEING! James 2:18 smiley smiley
Fine! FAITH is pushing the action in you, now follow your master JESUS instruction Matthew 6:2 by not blowing your trumpet all over the WORLD as being the only religious organizations doing WORKS inspired by FAITH. Whatever FAITH you have and the WORKS resulting from such FAITH and WORKS, keep it to yourself. Romans 14:22.............The FAITH that you have keep it to yourself before God. Happy is the man who does not judge himself by what he approves. In due time God will reward such WORKS of yours born out of FAITH.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by VictorRomanov: 4:04pm On Jan 04, 2019
achorladey:

Fine! FAITH is pushing the action in you, now follow your master JESUS instruction Matthew 6:2 by not blowing your trumpet all over the WORLD as being the only religious organizations doing WORKS inspired by FAITH. Whatever FAITH you have and the WORKS resulting from such FAITH and WORKS, keep it to yourself. Romans 14:22.............The FAITH that you have keep it to yourself before God. Happy is the man who does not judge himself by what he approves. In due time God will reward such WORKS of yours born out of FAITH.

Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye. For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 4:07pm On Jan 04, 2019
TATIME:
@achorladey
It's not easy to change or erase the colour of an object "from the minds of an observer who has eyes to SEE". You can only deceive a blind man that blue is yellow since that one can't SEE. In this case,everyone can SEE Jehovah's Witnesses and our good WORKS so if you've saying we're not Christians then PRESENT, POINT, NAME, DIRECT, SHOW observers another religious group that's PERFORMING better than JWs. But to ERASE fine works in the pretext of saying their is FAITH whereas NOTHING is SEEN to justify such FAITH? Haba my friend, that's the most difficult task for any deceiver not when the audience are SEEING things CLEARLY!
I'm responding to your posts not because you've got something tangible to say against your Parent's FAITH but i'm responding so that sincere observers with pure hearts will realise that you're only directing your blows towards the wind. You've got nothing as in NOTHING to say to discredit God's people! Isaiah 54:17

All I want to pick out is PERFORMING BETTER than JWS..........Jesus is not rewarding the faith based on GOOD, BETTER BEST. For your information as far as all other religious denominations FAITH is GOOD, they don't care if the JWs FAITH is the best.

If I ask what the faith of my parents were? You will keep making insinuation or hypothesis you can not prove. Face what is in front of you, stop attacking the individual, address scriptural issues before you. The religious group you seek and you belong, that you now know long before I resume this discussions with you again.

What is my problem with DISCREDITING, When I discredit someone's FAITH, and the MASTER JESUS approves it, Then my discrediting another man's FAITH is EXERCISE in FUTILITY.

That's the advice you can heed, by parotting the JWs achievement and going up to the extent of SAYING its BETTER counts for NOTHING(it is WHAT the Master JESUS himself make of it at the end matters). As far other religious denominations remain GOOD they will get there REWARDS. It is not a GOOD, BETTER BEST CONTEST when FAITH is discussed. TATIME you hear!!!
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 4:19pm On Jan 04, 2019
VictorRomanov:

OGA have you heard this comment or saying before.......... MY WORKS SPEAK FOR ME. Don't blow your trumpet around magnifying it yourself. What you have done will speak even when suppressed. Have you seen a man skillful in his WORKS, he will be STATIONED in front of KINGS.

James didn't live when Abraham lived but by observing all of Abraham's WORKS moved by FAITH, he was inspired to write that ABRAHAM was called a FRIEND by GOD. ABRAHAM did not go about PARROTING the WORKS. What he did spoke on his behalf. Now you know!
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 4:26pm On Jan 04, 2019
TATIME:
The Bible is God's word Sir and Paul said it is for teaching,reproving, setting matters straight, disciplining in righteousness so that the man of God may be fully competent and completely equipped for every good WORK! 2Timothy 3:16,17
So Jesus concludes by saying "by their fruit" and James said "vivid WORKS". You've not PRESENTED any other group that's PERFORMING better than JWs my friend,I think it's unfair to discourage a person who is SEEING their fine WORKS not to associate with them! wink wink

All I want to pick out is PERFORMING BETTER than JWS..........Jesus is not rewarding the faith based on GOOD, BETTER BEST. For your information as far as all other religious denominations FAITH is GOOD, they don't care if the JWs FAITH is the best.

The religious group you seek and you belong, that you now know long before I resume this discussions with you again.

What is my problem with DISCREDITING, When I discredit someone's FAITH, and the MASTER JESUS approves it, Then my discrediting another man's FAITH is EXERCISE in FUTILITY.

That's the advice you can heed, by parotting the JWs achievement and going up to the extent of SAYING its BETTER counts for NOTHING(it is WHAT the Master JESUS himself make of it at the that end matters). But here you are giving yourself PASS MARKS while you hear OTHER RELIGIOUS denominations despite there best EFFORTS keeping shouting/saying AANU LA RI GBA. They don't BOAST about their WORKS, they BOAST in the MERCY shone on THEM to do WORKS moved by FAITH.

As far other religious denominations remain GOOD they will get there REWARDS. It is not a GOOD, BETTER BEST CONTEST when FAITH is discussed. TATIME you hear!!!

Despite your BEST efforts always consider that OTHERS are SUPERIOR TO YOU. Humility calls for such. Philippians 2:3
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 04, 2019
achorladey:

OK you now agrees that WORKS is the result of FAITH but faithful followers of Jesus shouldn't report what they're doing!
My friend you've got nothing as in NOTHING against God's people! wink wink
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 04, 2019
[quote Despite your BEST efforts always consider that OTHERS are SUPERIOR TO YOU. Humility calls for such. Philippians 2:3[/quote] That is amongst those who are doing their best according to their abilities or disabilities NOT some people who aren't doing anything in line with what Jesus COMMANDED Sir!
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 04, 2019
achorladey:

. ABRAHAM did not go about PARROTING the WORKS. What he did spoke on his behalf. Now you know!
Abraham wasn't a Christian Sir so he wasn't COMMANDED to go about declaring anything unlike the Christians who were ORDERED by the King to do so! Matthew 5:14-16,10:27,28:19,20 wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 5:43pm On Jan 04, 2019
TATIME:
Abraham wasn't a Christian Sir so he wasn't COMMANDED to go about declaring anything unlike the Christians. Matthew 5:14-16,10:27,28:19,20

Abraham wasn't a CHRISTIAN, 100% correct.

So what are CHRISTIANS commanded to declare that only the JWS are DECLARING?
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 04, 2019
achorladey:

Abraham wasn't a CHRISTIAN, 100% correct.

So what are CHRISTIANS commanded to declare that only the JWS are DECLARING?
Just now you're disputing public DECLARATION. So what are you now saying? That those who are not supposed to "go about declaring" are declaring something again? undecided undecided undecided
I thought you're against the JWs going about DECLARING what the Holy Spirit has helped them to accomplish.
Can you SEE your life? wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 5:58pm On Jan 04, 2019
TATIME:
OK you now agrees that WORKS is the result of FAITH but faithful followers of Jesus shouldn't report what they're doing!
My friend you've got nothing as in NOTHING against God's people! wink wink

Go back from and read all of my post from start to finish. They have all centred on John 6:29. Read and read and read, any WORK you do must be FAITH driven. In fact you cannot do any WORKS of CHRIST if the FAITH is LACKING. That stance I have made clear from the beginning. Perhaps you are not reading my post closely, raising WORKS OF LAW above FAITH and trying to show the JWS as those ONLY carrying out such WORKS(MOSTLY centred AROUND laws given by the ORGANIZATION) na FA-FA-FA-FAO.

Who are God's PEOPLE? using the scriptures as support for your answers.

Yes, I am not against "God's PEOPLE" as far as they remain "God's PEOPLE". So, WHO ARE GOD'S PEOPLE?
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 6:03pm On Jan 04, 2019
TATIME:
Just now you're disputing public DECLARATION. So what are you now saying? That those who are not supposed to "go about declaring" are declaring something again? undecided undecided undecided
I thought you're against the JWs going about DECLARING what the Holy Spirit has helped them to accomplish.
Can you SEE your life? wink wink wink

Oga abeg answer the question. What are the JWS DECLARING that others are not declaring? For your mindset Na only those that TALK that DECLARES. Heavens DECLARE GOD'S GLORY. OYA TALK another ONE make I hear.

Concerning "can you see my life". Oga na my copy oooo, I love the way am enjoying my life. I hope you can see your LIFE? I can see mine ooooo.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 6:33pm On Jan 04, 2019
[quote author=TATIME post=74450746][/quote]

ABILITIES/DISABILITIES, GOOD, BETTER OR BEST, hahahahahaha, there is absolutely nothing you won't read into this scripture. Phillipians 2:3

WHETHER by ABILITY or DISABILITY, ACTION or INACTION humility states see OTHERS as SUPERIOR. Se Fini!
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 04, 2019
achorladey:

ABILITIES/DISABILITIES, GOOD, BETTER OR BEST, hahahahahaha, there is absolutely nothing you won't read into this scripture. Phillipians 2:3

WHETHER by ABILITY or DISABILITY, ACTION or INACTION humility states see OTHERS as SUPERIOR. Se Fini!
Thanks to JEHOVAH, we've got a solid organization that's unequalled in all the EARTH. Isaiah 2:1
So if you don't belong to JW organization and you feel like worshiping our God, it's not too late to join God's people,millions across the globe who are happily worshipping JEHOVAH shoulder to shoulder actually left their former religion. If you don't want to be part of the organization no one is forcing you to do so,you're FREE to choose who you will worship.
But Jehovah's Witnesses will NEVER agree with anyone who refuses to submit to the terms and conditions of our God! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 04, 2019
[quote author=achorladey post=7445199 Concerning "can you see my life". Oga na my copy oooo, I love the way am enjoying my life. I hope you can see your LIFE? I can see mine ooooo. [/quote] If you've TRULY enjoying your life, why are you giving yourself unnecessary headache about Jehovah's Witnesses who are globally declaring all the fine WORKS that our God is doing in our midst? cheesy cheesy
Hmmmmmmmmm now i know you're a liar!
My advice to you is to stop lying to your own soul. It would rather be a little bit fair on your part if you you're only lying to others.
OLAADEGBU is Kumuyi's boy,he asked the question to know how {Churchgoers) those whose FAITH AREN'T WORKING anything VISIBLE can convince {JWs} who are WORKING ZEALOUSLY as their FAITH is PUSHING them,to stop their fine WORKS and join them in their religious groups of INACTIVITY! And your intervention in the thread is evidence of your supporting his notion!
Intelligent beings who are truthfully ENJOYING their lives don't continue complaining BITTERLY about the joy of others doing what they know as FINE WORKS and what's more? JWs don't even know that you exist, only your relations who are JWs can notice your indecision! embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 04, 2019
@achorladey
After going up and down to discredit Jehovah's Witnesses,your effort to gather FLAWS in the publications of JWs failed woefully,all you can do now is to start supporting countless religious groups (who aren't consistent with their contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines) just to stand beside them against Jehovah's Witnesses! tongue tongue tongue
OK PRESENT just one that's PERFORMING better than JWs, mba! Which one amongst all these other religious groups claiming Christian is measuring up to the standard of JWs? You can't answer. Yet you continue complaining profusely against the organization. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Wetin!

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 10:13pm On Jan 04, 2019
TATIME:
Thanks to JEHOVAH, we've got a solid organization that's unequalled in all the EARTH. Isaiah 2:1
So if you don't belong to JW organization and you feel like worshiping our God, it's not too late to join God's people,millions across the globe who are happily worshipping JEHOVAH shoulder to shoulder actually left their former religion. If you don't want to be part of the organization no one is forcing you to do so,you're FREE to choose who you will worship.
But Jehovah's Witnesses will NEVER agree with anyone who refuses to submit to the terms and conditions of our God! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Abandoned Phillipians 2:3, Reverse and revert back to Isaiah 2:1 and went as far as PLUGGING ORGANIZATION into the Isaiah 2:1 To worship GOD, Jesus did not ask his followers to join an organization before they can do so.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jan 04, 2019
achorladey:

Go back from and read all of my post from start to finish. They have all centred on John 6:29. Read and read and read, any WORK you do must be FAITH driven. In fact you cannot do any WORKS of CHRIST if the FAITH is LACKING. That stance I have made clear from the beginning. Perhaps you are not reading my post closely, raising WORKS OF LAW above FAITH and trying to show the JWS as those ONLY carrying out such WORKS(MOSTLY centred AROUND laws given by the ORGANIZATION) na FA-FA-FA-FAO.

Who are God's PEOPLE? using the scriptures as support for your answers.

Yes, I am not against "God's PEOPLE" as far as they remain "God's PEOPLE". So, WHO ARE GOD'S PEOPLE?

ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES There is only one God and throughout HIS book,there was never a time when majority of mankind served as in WORSHIPPED HIM. HIS worshippers are always like ratio 1-99 amongst countless none worshipers.
Jesus is God's only begotten son,He confirmed that during the end time LAWLESSNESS will abound but His own followers will continue to SHINE as illuminators in the midst of LAWLESS humans.
Today their are thousands of religious groups claiming Christians just as Jesus has foretold, their contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines connotes LAWLESSNESS amongst them as they're CELEBRATING all forms of festivities TOGETHER but having NO strict principles guiding them!
Jehovah's Witnesses have gathered over 8,000,000 individuals, taught them to believe and trust in one institution having basic principles and maintaining discipline amongst themselves!
If you ask me now "WHO ARE GOD'S PEOPLE"? Today,well i'll authoritatively say it's that single group that has succeeded in bringing people from different nations and tribes and tongues together under one umbrella to submit to the same rule JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 10:23pm On Jan 04, 2019
TATIME:
@achorladey
After going up and down to discredit Jehovah's Witnesses,your effort to gather FLAWS in the publications of JWs failed woefully,all you can do now is to start supporting countless religious groups (who aren't consistent with their contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines) just to stand beside them against Jehovah's Witnesses! tongue tongue tongue
OK PRESENT just one that's PERFORMING better than JWs, mba! Which one amongst all these other religious groups claiming Christian is measuring up to the standard of JWs? You can't answer. Yet you continue complaining profusely against the organization. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Wetin!

BETTER ko BEST ni? Good nko! I just dey laugh, this one dey use religion do contention or CONTEST.I will have to send you back to phillipians 2:3. DO NOTHING OUT OF CONTENTION. I don't need your plugging organization in Isaiah 2:2 and not 2:1.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 10:28pm On Jan 04, 2019
TATIME:
ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES There is only one God and throughout HIS book,there was never a time when majority of mankind served as in WORSHIPPED HIM. HIS worshippers are always like ratio 1-99 amongst countless none worshipers.
Jesus is God's only begotten son,He confirmed that during the end time LAWLESSNESS will abound but His own followers will continue to SHINE as illuminators in the midst of LAWLESS humans.
Today their are thousands of religious groups claiming Christians just as Jesus has foretold, their contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines connotes LAWLESSNESS amongst them as they're CELEBRATING all forms of festivities TOGETHER but having NO strict principles guiding them!
Jehovah's Witnesses have gathered over 8,000,000 individuals, taught them to believe and trust in one institution having basic principles and maintaining discipline amongst themselves!
If you ask me now "WHO ARE GOD'S PEOPLE"? Today,well i'll authoritatively say it's that single group that has succeeded in bringing people from different nations and tribes and tongues together under one umbrella to submit to the same rule JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!

The Bible didn't tell me so. It has only been PARROTED by TATIME from unknown sources the poster must have consulted. I don't believe all those stories you highlighted up there. I know you won't be able to answer. WHO are GOD'S PEOPLE?
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 04, 2019
achorladey:

BETTER ko BEST ni? Good nko! I just dey laugh, this one dey use religion do contention or CONTEST.I will have to send you back to phillipians 2:3. DO NOTHING OUT OF CONTENTION. I don't need your plugging organization in Isaiah 2:2 and not 2:1.
CONTENTION
Lailai! There is NO contention in our midst unlike those you're parading as other DENOMINATIONS!
Moreover we are NOT contending with any religious group oooooo all we're saying is THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO WORSHIP OUR OWN GOD! And if you're not ready to BOW to the rules,you're FREE to go and worship HIM as you know best but WE'RE NOT GIVING IN TO INTERFAITH period!

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jan 04, 2019
achorladey:

The Bible didn't tell me so. It has only been PARROTED by TATIME from unknown sources the poster must have consulted. I don't believe all those stories you highlighted up there. I know you won't be able to answer. WHO are GOD'S PEOPLE?
I'm happily worshipping in the midst of those i RECOGNIZED as GOD'S PEOPLE. So you too go and worship with those you feel are GOD'S PEOPLE!
My answer is of no importance after all you know Bible much more than me,you should be able to figure out the answer for your salvation or better still for your own good! wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 10:39pm On Jan 04, 2019
[quote author=TATIME post=74457564][/quote]

Sorry I don't mean to make you sad or bitter about all of this, If JWs don't view me as important, why then are you pained and bitter and you continually respond and deflect from Issues discussed. Just go back and read our conversation and see how long you keep changing direction.

If my post are filled with HERESIES at least I would have seen someone reaching out to correct those thinking and Ideology I put out there.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 10:41pm On Jan 04, 2019
TATIME:
I'm happily worshipping in the midst of those i RECOGNIZED as GOD'S PEOPLE. So you too go and worship with those you feel are GOD'S PEOPLE!
My answer is of no importance after all you know Bible much more than me,you should be able to figure out the answer for your salvation or better still for your own good! wink wink wink

Thank you very much. It is those you RECOGNIZE, not those GOD RECOGNIZED. Thank you very much.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 10:43pm On Jan 04, 2019
TATIME:
CONTENTION
Lailai! There is NO contention in our midst unlike those you're parading as other DENOMINATIONS!
Moreover we are NOT contending with any religious group oooooo all we're saying is THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO WORSHIP OUR OWN GOD! And if you're not ready to BOW to the rules,you're FREE to go and worship HIM as you know best but WE'RE NOT GIVING IN TO INTERFAITH period!

What is INTERFAITH? I am eager to see you take off on your heels once again.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 04, 2019
achorladey:

Thank you very much. It is those you RECOGNIZE, not those GOD RECOGNIZED. Thank you very much.
YES ooooooooo THOSE I RECOGNISED! Just as Jesus said "you will know(RECOGNISE) them by their fruit" Matthew 7:15-20
RECOGNITION of HIS true worshippers is not a problem before God, it is humans like you and i that can find it difficult to RECOGNISE God's servants! Genesis 4:3-5,1Kings 18:36-39

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 10:58pm On Jan 04, 2019
TATIME:
CONTENTION

watchtower August 15, 2001 page 25-29. paragraphs 9,10.

9 Consider another aspect. The Bible gives this strong direction: “If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he is deceiving his own mind.” ( Galatians 6:3 ) Furthermore, we are urged to do “nothing out of CONTENTIOUSNESS or out of EGOTISM, but with lowliness of mind.” ( Philippians 2:3 ) Some bring trials upon themselves by failing to apply this counsel. Driven by a desire for prominence rather than by a desire to do “a fine work,” they become discouraged and disgruntled when they do not receive privileges in the congregation.​— 1 Timothy 3:1 .
10 Abraham set a fine example in ‘not thinking more of oneself than necessary.’ ( Romans 12:3 ) When he encountered Melchizedek, Abraham did not act as if his favored position with God made him superior. On the contrary, he acknowledged Melchizedek’s superior position as priest by paying him a tithe. ( Hebrews 7:4-7 ) Christians today should likewise be willing to conduct themselves as ‘lesser ones’ and not demand the limelight. ( Luke 9:48 ) If those taking the lead in the congregation seem to be withholding certain privileges from you, do some honest self-examination to determine what refinements you can make in your personality or way of handling things. Instead of becoming bitter over the privileges you do not have, take full advantage of the privilege you do have​—the privilege of helping others to come to know Jehovah. Yes, “humble yourselves . . . under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time.”​— 1 Peter 5:6 .

This is one example out of numerous ones out there.
While reading also learn from Abraham as explained in that article.

NOTE: Jehovah's Witnesses are CONTENTIOUS and sometimes filled with EGOTISM. That the watchtower cited warned strongly AGAINST it is a TESTAMENT to what happens in the CONGREGATION of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.

Oga TATIME, I still be LIAR?
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jan 04, 2019
achorladey:

What is INTERFAITH? I am eager to see you take off on your heels once again.
If you're indifferent towards all kinds of religious groups, my friend you're into interfaith! wink wink wink
Jesus' true followers MUST be different from those under Satan's control. John 17:14-16 1John 5:19
So if Jesus said many will claim they're Christians and He will deny them(Matthew 7:21-23) but you're feeling indifferent towards all those claiming Christians, my friend you're an unbeliever! Because if you truthfully believe Jesus' words you'll be SEGREGATIVE to IDENTIFY those really PRACTICING what He said!

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:02pm On Jan 04, 2019
TATIME:

He has spent all his time while all sort of preachers have come across him(Ecclesiastes 12:1),so his ATTITUDE towards them is what God will use to judge him! Luke 16:29-31
If he NEVER had interest in learning about God,his life is just a waste. The thieves beside Jesus had that last chance and one of them seized the opportunity to gain salvation while the other lost gallantly!
So i'm not the one who will decide what will happen to him next but his ATTITUDE towards all that he has heard about Jesus will work for him. smiley smiley

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast (Ephesians 2:8-9).

It is obvious that you have no message of hope to deliver other than to condemn the poor fellow. What's the point of condemning a man who is already condemned? You can now see that your message of 'works' will not work on someone who has not time to do the works of righteousness before he gets saved. It is also clear that your works of righteousness would not be sufficient for you on the Judgment day because you can only be saved by grace which is through faith.

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 11:05pm On Jan 04, 2019
TATIME:
YES ooooooooo THOSE I RECOGNISED! Just as Jesus said "you will know(RECOGNISE) them by their fruit" Matthew 7:15-20
RECOGNITION of HIS true worshippers is not a problem before God, it is humans like you and i that can find it difficult to RECOGNISE God's servants! Genesis 4:3-5,1Kings 18:36-39

WHO are GOD'S PEOPLE? No response as usual.

If you know that you and I find it hard to RECOGNIZE GOD'S PEOPLE , what is your HULLABALOO on GOD'S PEOPLE?

The question still remains though.

Matthew 7:15-20 highlights factors required to distinguish false prophets.

Don't worry you will soon CHANGE the questions to WHO are DOING GOD'S WILL today? Then you will open that brochure published by the organization to look for scriptures that you on your own don't understand and start quoting on this thread.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jan 04, 2019
achorladey:

watchtower August 15, 2001 page 25-29. paragraphs 9,10.

9 Consider another aspect. The Bible gives this strong direction: “If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he is deceiving his own mind.” ( Galatians 6:3 ) Furthermore, we are urged to do “nothing out of CONTENTIOUSNESS or out of EGOTISM, but with lowliness of mind.” ( Philippians 2:3 ) Some bring trials upon themselves by failing to apply this counsel. Driven by a desire for prominence rather than by a desire to do “a fine work,” they become discouraged and disgruntled when they do not receive privileges in the congregation.​— 1 Timothy 3:1 .
10 Abraham set a fine example in ‘not thinking more of oneself than necessary.’ ( Romans 12:3 ) When he encountered Melchizedek, Abraham did not act as if his favored position with God made him superior. On the contrary, he acknowledged Melchizedek’s superior position as priest by paying him a tithe. ( Hebrews 7:4-7 ) Christians today should likewise be willing to conduct themselves as ‘lesser ones’ and not demand the limelight. ( Luke 9:48 ) If those taking the lead in the congregation seem to be withholding certain privileges from you, do some honest self-examination to determine what refinements you can make in your personality or way of handling things. Instead of becoming bitter over the privileges you do not have, take full advantage of the privilege you do have​—the privilege of helping others to come to know Jehovah. Yes, “humble yourselves . . . under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time.”​— 1 Peter 5:6 .

This is one example out of numerous ones out there.
While reading also learn from Abraham as explained in that article.

NOTE: Jehovah's Witnesses are CONTENTIOUS and sometimes filled with EGOTISM. That the watchtower cited warned strongly AGAINST it is a TESTAMENT to what happens in the CONGREGATION of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.

Oga TATIME, I still be LIAR?
Hmmmmmmmmm YOU'RE just deceiving yourself my friend. The admonition to humble oneself UNDER THE MIGHTY HAND OF GOD means to submit oneself under God's arrangement which is characterized by ORDERLINESS!
Not when you can't POINT to any GROUP under wish a believer must submit as a humble person! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Is it Deeper life, Redeem, MFM,Christ embassy,CAC,CCC,C&S,Chosen,Synagogue, Four square, Catholic, Anglican or Olumba? That a believer should submit himself as UNDER the mighty hand of God? Because all these religious groups have different doctrines, so how will a Christian submit himself under God's mighty hand when he doesn't even recognise the group that's presenting the right principles to be kept? embarassed embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 04, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast (Ephesians 2:8-9).

It is obvious that you have no message of hope to deliver other than to condemn the poor fellow. What's the point of condemning a man who is already condemned? You can now see that your message of 'works' will not work on someone who has not time to do the works of righteousness before he gets saved. It is also clear that your works of righteousness would not be sufficient for you on the Judgment day because you can only be saved by grace which is through faith.
But the two thieves beside Jesus both believed in Him so are you saying Jesus made a mistake by promising just one? Or that your so called grace was partial? Or you're thinking i'm much more important than Jesus who saved just one and abandoned the other?cheesy cheesy
Oponu Olodo omo Kumuyi! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (96) (Reply)

Jesus Was A Black Man / Girl Gives Birth To Baby Boy In Oyo After Having Sex With Snake (photo) / Pastor Dr. JS Yusuf Anoints Pant/Bra With A Print Of His Face To Attract Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.