Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

"How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" (92608 Views)

Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness / How To Witness To A Muslim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (96) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 11:19pm On Jan 04, 2019
TATIME:
If you're indifferent towards all kinds of religious groups, my friend you're into interfaith! wink wink wink
Jesus' true followers MUST be different from those under Satan's control. John 17:14-16 1John 5:19
So if Jesus said many will claim they're Christians and He will deny them(Matthew 7:21-23) but you're feeling indifferent towards all those claiming Christians, my friend you're an unbeliever! Because if you truthfully believe Jesus' words you'll be SEGREGATIVE to IDENTIFY those really PRACTICING what He said!

who is an UNBELIEVER? and what are you SEGREGATING for CHRIST SAKE? You go still run last last and jump into something else.
Scriptures cited still did not define INTERFAITH.

Something of interest though in Matthew 7: 22 MANY POWERFUL WORKS IN MY NAME. Oga TATIME, I told you previously, you are busy shouting WORKS WORKS WORKS up and down. Jesus still said even with the POWERFUL works done in his name, Jesus will still deny them. Oga na wetin FAITH push you to do.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 11:24pm On Jan 04, 2019
TATIME:
Hmmmmmmmmm YOU'RE just deceiving yourself my friend. The admonition to humble oneself UNDER THE MIGHTY HAND OF GOD means to submit oneself under God's arrangement which is characterized by ORDERLINESS!
Not when you can't POINT to any GROUP under wish a believer must submit as a humble person! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Is it Deeper life, Redeem, MFM,Christ embassy,CAC,CCC,C&S,Chosen,Synagogue, Four square, Catholic, Anglican or Olumba? That a believer should submit himself as UNDER the mighty hand of God? Because all these religious groups have different doctrines, so how will a Christian submit himself under God's mighty hand when he doesn't even recognise the group that's presenting the right principles to be kept? embarassed embarassed embarassed

Na CONTENTIOUSNESS carry me go that watchtower. My point concerning that CLEARLY addressed.

All the other story you have just typed, shovel it into archives as post on Nairaland.

Did Abraham not humble himself under MELCHIZEDEK. As at when the bible was written who had more relationship and conversation with GOD?

EGOTISM no suppose be your problem, Asoye lori EMI IRELE ko ye ko le to yii brother.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jan 04, 2019
achorladey:

Na CONTENTIOUSNESS carry me go that watchtower. My point concerning that CLEARLY addressed.

All the other story you have just typed, shovel it into archives as post on Nairaland.

Did Abraham not humble himself under MELCHIZEDEK. As at when the bible was written who had more relationship and conversation with GOD?

EGOTISM no suppose be your problem, Asoye lori EMI IRELE ko ye ko le to yii brother.

Sorry Sir, Abraham RECOGNIZED Melchizedek nah But he went fighting against others because he never saw anything worthwhile in them!
So to whom should i humble myself again after RECOGNISING the GB of JWs as God's spokesperson? cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:44pm On Jan 04, 2019
TATIME:

But the two thieves beside Jesus both believed in Him so are you saying Jesus made a mistake by promising just one? Or that your so called grace was partial? Or you're thinking i'm much more important than Jesus who saved just one and abandoned the other?cheesy cheesy
Oponu Olodo omo Kumuyi! cheesy cheesy

I thought you said you are the Jehovah's witnesses, what would you tell a person on his last leg, rules and regulation? What are these rules and regulations? undecided
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jan 04, 2019
achorladey:

It's like the word EGOTISM eludes your understanding Sir.
EGOTISM is derived from EGO and it simply means difficulty to submitting to other intelligent ideologies apart from one's personal choice.
If i have submitted myself under the GB of JWs, that's a sign that i'm ready to humble myself under some superior authority.
So under wish group are you subjecting yourself Sir because i want to believe you're not a victim of EGOTISM! wink wink wink
Remember your indifference towards all groups means you're in subjection to NONE! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 11:57pm On Jan 04, 2019
TATIME:
By FAITH not by WORKS! What about WORKING towards the instructions from Jesus Himself? Is that not a vital part of FAITH?
At Matthew 28:18-20 and Act 1:8 Jesus said His followers will reach the most distant part of the EARTH. Later they started speaking in tongue to reach many nations with the good news of God's kingdom. Act 2:1-12
Below is how many languages 80 to be precise that this number 1 social media could pass information GLOBALLY whereas JW is now speaking with our website 998 languages.
So at least 998 natives on earth can listen to God's word,oh sorry! Jehovah's Witnesses HERESY in their mother tongue! Well it's FAITH that's WORKING. James 2:26

false jw tatime
of course we (christians that is) do good works
we are not saved by them though
we are saved by God- by God's grace through faith

Eph 2:8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 
Eph 2:9  Not of works, lest any man should boast.

God is our Saviour who saves us by grace,
"a god"-"a angel" of course is not our Saviour

Jehovah Jesus is our Saviour:
Isa_43:11  I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Act 4:12  Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

false jw tatime, read the below linked article carefully,
and it you are still false jw at the end of it,
then you just love being part of satans mob 

https://www.nairaland.com/2720878/jehovahs-witnesses-17-facts-people/229#74460782
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 05, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

I thought you said you are the Jehovah's witnesses, what would you tell a person on his last leg, rules and regulation? What are these rules and regulations? undecided
There's NOTHING to tell him apart from the normal protocols for salvation. John 17:3 says to gain salvation you must have the ACCURATE knowledge of both JEHOVAH and Jesus.
For your information, all humans whether the one with a knife on his throat, back or stomach are condemned already. Romans 3:23
So whoever spent all his time on things that's of no lasting benefits is on his/her own! Matthew 6:19-21, Luke 12:15-21
If Jesus CHRIST, MESSIAH only promised some dying man Paradise because he spoke wisely, you should know that salvation is by exercising FAITH in what you've heard. Whoever have not heard anything about God's kingdom message is still on the safer side because he has not judged himself, but whoever has had that chance and rejected it,i'm sorry such a person has lost his deposits so said Jesus CHRIST! John 3:18

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 12:04am On Jan 05, 2019
TATIME:
Sorry Sir, Abraham RECOGNIZED Melchizedek nah But he went fighting against others because he never saw anything worthwhile in them!
So to whom should i humble myself again after RECOGNISING the GB of JWs as God's spokesperson? cheesy cheesy cheesy

A question posed by a lawyer to one of JWS governing body member in one famous country in the year 2015.............

LAWYER: And do you see yourselves as Jehovah God's spokespeople on earth?

Response to the question by the Governing Body member

GOVERNING BODY MEMBER:
That I think would seem to be quite PRESUMPTUOUS 

to say that we are the ONLY SPOKESPERSON that GOD is USING. The scriptures clearly show that SOMEONE can act in

harmony with GOD'S SPIRIT in giving COMFORT and help in the congregations, but if I could just clarify a little, going back to Matthew 24, clearly, Jesus said that in the last days  and Jehovah's Witnesses believe these are the last days there would be a slave, a GROUP of PERSONS who would have responsibility to care for the spiritual food.  So in that respect, we view ourselves as trying to fulfil that role. 

Oga TATIME, when you Identify that Governing Body member that said what is highlighted above, feel free to write a letter to him asking, where EXACTLY in Matthew 24:45 say that, that FAITHFUL slave is a GROUP of PERSONS?

Do not forget to highlight the fact that that the said GOVERNING BODY MEMBER LIED under OATH. Why did I say so? Read the record below.........

All who want to understand the Bible should appreciate that the “greatly diversified wisdom of God” can become known ONLY through Jehovah’s channel of communication, the FAITHFUL and DISCREET SLAVE. (The Watchtower; 10/1/1994; pp. 8 )

No matter where we may live on earth, God’s Word continues to serve as a light to our path and a lamp to our roadway as to our conduct and beliefs. (Ps. 119:105) But Jehovah God has also provided his visible organization, his “faithful and discreet slave,” made up of spirit anointed ones, to help CHRISTIANS in all NATIONS to understand and apply properly the Bible in their lives. UNLESS we are in TOUCH with this CHANNEL of COMMUNICATION that GOD is USING, we will not PROGRESS along the ROAD to LIFE, no matter how much BIBLE READING WE do. (The Watchtower; 12/1/1981; pp. 27)

Not only that the "spirit anointed" GOVERNING BODY MEMBER LIED under OATH, The GB made themselves equal in STATUS to JESUS by saying Nobody will progress ALONG the ROAD leading to life despite knowing that JESUS is the WAY the TRUTH and the LIFE. John 14:6

Oga TATIME, e get as e be oooooo
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 12:07am On Jan 05, 2019
achorladey:

A question posed by a lawyer to one of JWS governing body member in one famous country in the year 2015.............

LAWYER: And do you see yourselves as Jehovah God's spokespeople on earth?

GOVERNING BODY MEMBER:
That I think would seem to be quite PRESUMPTUOUS to say that we are the ONLY SPOKESPERSON that GOD is USING. The scriptures clearly show that SOMEONE can act in harmony with GOD'S SPIRIT in giving COMFORT and help in the congregations, but if I could just clarify a little, going back to Matthew 24, clearly, Jesus said that in the last days  and Jehovah's Witnesses believe these are the last days there would be a slave, a group of persons who would have responsibility to care for the spiritual food.  So in that respect, we view ourselves as trying to fulfil that role. 

Oga TATIME, when you Identify that Governing Body member that said what is highlighted above, feel free to write a letter to him asking, where EXACTLY in Matthew 24:45 say that, that FAITHFUL slave is a GROUP of PERSONS?

Do not forget to highlight the fact that that the said GOVERNING BODY MEMBER LIED under OATH. Why did I say so? Read the record below.........

All who want to understand the Bible should appreciate that the “greatly diversified wisdom of God” can become known ONLY through Jehovah’s channel of communication, the FAITHFUL and DISCREET SLAVE. (The Watchtower; 10/1/1994; pp. 8 )

No matter where we may live on earth, God’s Word continues to serve as a light to our path and a lamp to our roadway as to our conduct and beliefs. (Ps. 119:105) But Jehovah God has also provided his visible organization, his “faithful and discreet slave,” made up of spirit anointed ones, to help CHRISTIANS in all NATIONS to understand and apply properly the Bible in their lives. UNLESS we are in TOUCH with this CHANNEL of COMMUNICATION that GOD is USING, we will not PROGRESS along the ROAD to LIFE, no matter how much BIBLE READING WE do. (The Watchtower; 12/1/1981; pp. 27)

Not only that the "spirit anointed" GOVERNING BODY MEMBER LIED under OATH, The GB made themselves equal in STATUS to JESUS by saying Nobody will progress ALONG the ROAD leading to life despite knowing that JESUS is the WAY the TRUTH and the LIFE. John 14:6

Mr D.O. Fagunwa,good night Sir! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 12:28am On Jan 05, 2019
TATIME:
It's like the word EGOTISM eludes your understanding Sir.
EGOTISM is derived from EGO and it simply means difficulty to submitting to other intelligent ideologies apart from one's personal choice.
If i have submitted myself under the GB of JWs, that's a sign that i'm ready to humble myself under some superior authority.
So under wish group are you subjecting yourself Sir because i want to believe you're not a victim of EGOTISM! wink wink wink
Remember your indifference towards all groups means you're in subjection to NONE! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Let me show you scriptures that tells you how to subject yourself properly as a CHRISTIAN.

1 Corinthians 9:19 (ESV)
For though I am free from all, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win more of them.

Martin Luther paraphrase that same scripture this way.....

A Christian man is a free lord over everything and subject to no one

A Christian man is an obedient servant in everything and subject to everyone.

For though I am free from all people, I have made myself the slave to all, so that I may gain as many people as possible. NWT.
1 Corinthians 9:19

Someone once said "but COMPLETE CONFORMITY to the OFFICIAL LINE of his church is irresponsibility as a CHRISTIAN.

The day has been long indeed. Have a good night rest.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 12:39am On Jan 05, 2019

LAWYER: And do you see yourselves as Jehovah God's spokespeople on earth?

GOVERNING BODY MEMBER:
That I think would seem to be quite PRESUMPTUOUS
to say that we are the ONLY SPOKESPERSON that GOD is USING.

The scriptures clearly show that SOMEONE can act in harmony with GOD'S SPIRIT in giving COMFORT and hel congregations,

but if I could just clarify a little, going back to Matthew 24, clearly, Jesus said that in the last days and Jehovah's Witnesses believe these are the last days there would be a slave, a GROUP of PERSONS who woul have responsibility to care for the spiritual food. So in that respect, we view ourselves as trying to fulfil that role.

Oga TATIME, when you Identify that Governing Body member that said what is highlighted above, feel free to write a letter to him asking,

where EXACTLY in Matthew 24:45 say that, that FAITHFUL slave is a GROUP of PERSONS?

Do not forget to highlight the fact that that the said GOVERNING BODY MEMBER LIED under OATH.

Why did I say so? Read the record below.........

Not only that the "spirit anointed" GOVERNING BODY MEMBER LIED under OATH, The GB made themselves equal in STATUS to JESUS by saying NOBODY will PROGRESS ALONG the ROAD leading to life despite knowing that JESUS is the WAY the TRUTH and the LIFE. John 14:6

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:43am On Jan 05, 2019
TATIME:

There's NOTHING to tell him apart from the normal protocols for salvation. John 17:3 says to gain salvation you must have the ACCURATE knowledge of both JEHOVAH and Jesus.

How are you going to explain this 'ACCURATE knowledge of both JEHOVAH and Jesus' within in a minute or two? undecided

TATIME:

For your information, all humans whether the one with a knife on his throat, back or stomach are condemned already. Romans 3:23
So whoever spent all his time on things that's of no lasting benefits is on his/her own! Matthew 6:19-21, Luke 12:15-21

Jesus said that I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. (Luke 5:32).

Can you now see how your mission is different from what Jesus came to do? While you are looking for the 'righteous' Jesus and all His true witnesses are seeking for condemned sinners who would come to true repentance.

TATIME:

If Jesus CHRIST, MESSIAH only promised some dying man Paradise because he spoke wisely, you should know that salvation is by exercising FAITH in what you've heard. Whoever have not heard anything about God's kingdom message is still on the safer side because he has not judged himself, but whoever has had that chance and rejected it,i'm sorry such a person has lost his deposits so said Jesus CHRIST! John 3:18

If those who 'have not heard anything about God's Kingdom message are on the safer side,' Why do you bother going about spreading the message of God's kingdom knowing that they would have been on the safer side if they were ignorant of it?
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 8:09am On Jan 05, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

How are you going to explain this 'ACCURATE knowledge of both JEHOVAH and Jesus' within in a minute or two? undecided

Jesus said that I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. (Luke 5:32).

Can you now see how your mission is different from what Jesus came to do? While you are looking for the 'righteous' Jesus and all His true witnesses are seeking for condemned sinners who would come to true repentance.

If those who 'have not heard anything about God's Kingdom message are on the safer side,' Why do you bother going about spreading the message of God's kingdom knowing that they would have been on the safer side if they were ignorant of it?
It's like you're open for reasoning my friend, so let's reason together now.
(1) John 17:3 is Jesus' statement so we only need to grasp what He is passing as a message.The thief Jesus promised Paradise will join resurrected millions (on earth)during Christ's 1,000 years reign for the training,because he has ACCEPTED Jesus as King!
(2) Jesus said He came to call sinners NOT righteous that's "SARCASM" because there is no human that's righteous from God's standpoint without Christ's training! So all humans fall under the category of unrighteous. Everyone must come under Jesus' training before we can qualify to live forever!
(3)Every human (including Jesus' Apostles) were condemned criminals (sinners) from God's standpoint that's why their been born again really matters because that will give them the privilege NOT to undergo the scrutiny of Christ's 1,000 years reign, rather they'll be beside Him in heaven as His corulers by then! Revelation 20:6
(4)Those who haven't had the chance of the Kingdom good news are on the safer side, because it's due to their condition that God's kingdom has not come. If everyone on earth has met Jehovah's Witnesses the end will come! Matthew 24:14 But those who have ignored or rejected JWs are just waiting for their doom! John 3:16-18
Note that JWs are just privileged to be carriers of the message(NOT yet saved) whoever fails to abide by the principles but hypocritically going about with the message is also doomed! Matthew 7:21-23

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 05, 2019
@OLAADEGBU
Before i became one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES what i believed just like every other religious churchgoers is that the thief Jesus promised Paradise will make heaven!
But i was made to understand by JWs that the thief only had his last chance of been part of those to be resurrected on earth as unrighteous ones.
Paradise is NOT heaven but a "new crime free EARTH" whoever has the chance to be there will live for 1,000 years without any distraction from Satan and his demons,no evildoer will be resurrected to pollute the minds of those who are undergoing training for everlasting life.
Those going to heaven won't undergo any further training because all of them are Christians (Christ's students) who were also ACTIVELY participating in the training of other humans, God anointed 144,000 amongst these Christians as rulers with Christ and Jesus said His government house will be in heaven, that's why they're to join Him there.
The thief Jesus promised Paradise NEVER followed Jesus and NEVER got baptized in water or with the Holy Spirit. John 3:3-6 So he can't be part of the programm that even John the baptist was excluded for not been baptized in the spirit! Matthew 11:11
That's JWs interpretation but if you've gotten any better interpretation, please let me know it!
Kumuyi knew all of this but he loved men's glory more than God's glory, if he had remained in the midst of JWs he couldn't have had such fame,that's why he thought of establishing his own Church but if it's not the TRUTH it can NEVER standout like the TRUTH!
You'll notice that he won't declare publicly that Christmas is pagan celebration in order not to be hated by Christmas lovers but at the same time you'll notice that he won't accord Christmas any reference!

2 Likes

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:28pm On Jan 05, 2019
TATIME:

It's like you're open for reasoning my friend, so let's reason together now.

I hope that you will truly open up to reason as we go. smiley

TATIME:

(1) John 17:3 is Jesus' statement so we only need to grasp what He is passing as a message.The thief Jesus promised Paradise will join resurrected millions (on earth)during Christ's 1,000 years reign for the training,because he has ACCEPTED Jesus as King!

"And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with Me in paradise" (Luke 23:43).

How are you going to articulate that message you say Jesus is passing in John 17:3 to the man that is dying? If Jesus promised that dying thief on His right hand to join Him in "Paradise" on that very day why do you want to postpone it until his being 'trained' during Christ's 1,000 years reign?

TATIME:

(2) Jesus said He came to call sinners NOT righteous that's "SARCASM" because there is no human that's righteous from God's standpoint without Christ's training! So all humans fall under the category of unrighteous. Everyone must come under Jesus' training before we can qualify to live forever!

How are you going to subject this poor fellow dying from a stab wound to this 'training' before he can qualify to live forever? undecided

TATIME:

(3)Every human (including Jesus' Apostles) were condemned criminals (sinners) from God's standpoint that's why their been born again really matters because that will give them the privilege NOT to undergo the scrutiny of Christ's 1,000 years reign, rather they'll be beside Him in heaven as His corulers by then! Revelation 20:6

Does that mean that the fella dying of stab wounds cannot be born again in his dying minute? undecided

TATIME:

(4)Those who haven't had the chance of the Kingdom good news are on the safer side, because it's due to their condition that God's kingdom has not come. If everyone on earth has met Jehovah's Witnesses the end will come! Matthew 24:14 But those who have ignored or rejected JWs are just waiting for their doom! John 3:16-18

Would that not be a good reason for folks to thank God for not meeting a JW knowing by doing so it will prevent doomsday?

TATIME:

Note that JWs are just privileged to be carriers of the message(NOT yet saved) whoever fails to abide by the principles but hypocritically going about with the message is also doomed! Matthew 7:21-23

I hope you know this could also be a self-fulfilling prophecy. cool
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:50pm On Jan 05, 2019
TATIME:

@OLAADEGBU
Before i became one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES what i believed just like every other religious churchgoers is that the thief Jesus promised Paradise will make heaven!
But i was made to understand by JWs that the thief only had his last chance of been part of those to be resurrected on earth as unrighteous ones.
Paradise is NOT heaven but a "new crime free EARTH" whoever has the chance to be there will live for 1,000 years without any distraction from Satan and his demons,no evildoer will be resurrected to pollute the minds of those who are undergoing training for everlasting life.
Those going to heaven won't undergo any further training because all of them are Christians (Christ's students) who were also ACTIVELY participating in the training of other humans, God anointed 144,000 amongst these Christians as rulers with Christ and Jesus said His government house will be in heaven, that's why they're to join Him there.
The thief Jesus promised Paradise NEVER followed Jesus and NEVER got baptized in water or with the Holy Spirit. John 3:3-6 So he can't be part of the programm that even John the baptist was excluded for not been baptized in the spirit! Matthew 11:11
That's JWs interpretation but if you've gotten any better interpretation, please let me know it!
Kumuyi knew all of this but he loved men's glory more than God's glory, if he had remained in the midst of JWs he couldn't have had such fame,that's why he thought of establishing his own Church but if it's not the TRUTH it can NEVER standout like the TRUTH!
You'll notice that he won't declare publicly that Christmas is pagan celebration in order not to be hated by Christmas lovers but at the same time you'll notice that he won't accord Christmas any reference!

The onus probandi is on you to supply the evidence that Pastor Kumuyi was ever a member of your organisation. Back to the issue at hand. Where you 'JWs' miss the point is that you got misled on the meaning of Jesus' sayings in Luke 23:48.

"And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with Me in paradise" (Luke 23:43).

Jesus told the thief on His right hand that they would die on that very day and the soul of the unrepentant thief on His left would descend into Hades to await Judgment while the other thief who trusted in Him would go with Him to paradise, or 'Abraham's bosom' (See Luke 16:22). While in paradise Jesus Christ would proclaim His victory to the many imprisoned evil angels already confined there in chains of darkness (See 1 Peter 3:19; 2 Peter 2:4). Jesus would then set the souls of those who had died in faith free (See Luke 4:18), He would then take them to 'the third heaven.' (2 Cor. 12:2-4; Ephesians 4:8-10), carrying with Him the "keys of hell (hades) and of death" (See Revelation 1:18). Reference: The Henry Study Bible
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 05, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

I hope that you will truly open up to reason as we go. smiley
How are you going to articulate that message you say Jesus is passing in John 17:3 to the man that is dying? If Jesus promised that dying thief on His right hand to join Him in "Paradise" on that very day why do you want to postpone it until his being 'trained' during Christ's 1,000 years reign?
How are you going to subject this poor fellow dying from a stab wound to this 'training' before he can qualify to live forever? undecided
Does that mean that the fella dying of stab wounds cannot be born again in his dying minute? undecided
Would that not be a good reason for folks to thank God for not meeting a JW knowing by doing so it will prevent doomsday?
I hope you know this could also be a self-fulfilling prophecy. cool
If you want to PREACH and TEACH adequately! You should correlate all texts to a comprehensive conclusion, NOT insinuating complications in Jesus' own words found in the Bible!
My own translation of the Bible reads "I tell you today, you will be with me in Paradise"
It's like Jesus' promise is saying "i'm making the promise TODAY"
Not "I'm taking there today"
But if you're not convinced then explain what Jesus meant by His statement at John 3:5. Because it's like those going to heaven must FIRST be born again as in baptized with water and Spirit. undecided undecided
If Kumuyi inserted such horrible scenes into your brains, know today that God's thought totally differs from such! Luke 6:45

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 05, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

The onus probandi is on you to supply the evidence that Pastor Kumuyi was ever a member of your organisation. Back to the issue at hand. Where you 'JWs' miss the point is that you got misled on the meaning of Jesus' sayings in Luke 23:48.

Jesus told the thief on His right hand that they would die on that very day and the soul of the unrepentant thief on His left would descend into Hades to await Judgment while the other thief who trusted in Christ would go with Him to paradise, or 'Abraham's bosom' (See Luke 16:22). While in paradise Jesus Christ would proclaim His victory to the many imprisoned evil angels already confined there in chains of darkness (See 1 Peter 3:19; 2 Peter 2:4). Jesus would then set the souls of those who had died in faith free (See Luke 4:18), He would then take them to 'the third heaven.' (2 Cor. 12:2-4; Ephesians 4:8-10), carrying with Him the "keys of hell (hades) and of death" (See Revelation 1:18). Reference: The Henry Study Bible
God's word said "there is no activity in HELL~GRAVE" Ecclesiastes 9:4-10 and NOTHING survives either man or beast in order to go either to heaven or hell. Ecclesiastes 3:19,20 so go and tell Kumuyi that his interpretation of the scriptures has FLAWS Sir!
And if you're still fighting for that your greedy,stupid and arrogant thief you're calling your Daddy GO, please present DEEPER LIFE's publications of late 80s and early 90s. I'm still maintaining that Kumuyi is a stupid and greedy thief!

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 05, 2019
Compare this two pictures for yourself and use your brains to distinguish which makes sense most.
Is it the picture of an alligator in front of a house with nobody posted by an UNKNOWN critic just to discredit a group or the speech of a RENOWN AMERICAN ACTOR whose face and name is attached to his statement? wink wink wink
Hmmmmmmmmm use your brains! undecided undecided undecided

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:04pm On Jan 05, 2019
TATIME:

If you want to PREACH and TEACH adequately! You should correlate all texts to a comprehensive conclusion, NOT insinuating complications in Jesus' own words found in the Bible!

It is only your words here that are complicated, not the Words of Jesus. smiley

TATIME:

My own translation of the Bible reads "I tell you today, you will be with me in Paradise"

This is where you confuse yourself when you say "My own translation of the Bible." The moment you start reading the Bible without the lenses of your organisation is the time you will be able to understand what message the Lord is passing. It is not rocket science.

TATIME:

It's like Jesus' promise is saying "i'm making the promise TODAY"
Not "I'm taking there today"

Why would Jesus say "I'm making the promise today"? Why not tomorrow? undecided

TATIME:

But if you're not convinced then explain what Jesus meant by His statement at John 3:5. Because it's like those going to heaven must FIRST be born again as in baptized with water and Spirit. undecided undecided

You missed it yet again. That verse is not talking about Water baptism, was the thief of Christ's right hand side baptised in water? No, it is a figure of speech for the Word and the Holy Spirit. He simply meant that one needs to be regenerated by the Holy Spirit before he/she can get/see the kingdom of God.

TATIME:

If Kumuyi inserted such horrible scenes into your brains, know today that God's thought totally differs from such! Luke 6:45

The moment you start firing blank bullets is the moment I know that you've lost the plot. cheesy

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:16pm On Jan 05, 2019
TATIME:

God's word said "there is no activity in HELL~GRAVE" Ecclesiastes 9:4-10 and NOTHING survives either man or beast in order to go either to heaven or hell. Ecclesiastes 3:19,20 so go and tell Kumuyi that his interpretation of the scriptures has FLAWS Sir!
And if you're still fighting for that your greedy,stupid and arrogant thief you're calling your Daddy GO, please present DEEPER LIFE's publications of late 80s and early 90s. I'm still maintaining that Kumuyi is a stupid and greedy thief!

I am happy that you are now showcasing to the whole world the manners you've been taught in your organisation by calling an elder old enough to be your father or even grandfather derogatory names. It also shows that you don't honour your elders and it will be shameful if your cult has taken that away from you if you ever had the Yoruba culture. We are not known for abusing our elders except a strange spirit has taken over. The kind of spirit that makes you disregard your elders is the same spirit making you to embrace error and this is the spirit of error that the Bible talks about that will be happening in the last days.

My candid advice to you is to disabuse your mind of these heresies and embrace the truth, it is only the truth that can set you free.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 12:21am On Jan 06, 2019
OLAADEGBU it's a long a study for me to get into right now, just a few points that come to mind
which are along the same lines as you:

the one thousand year reign of Christ on this earth will be a reign of peace with satan bound during that time
even wild animals won't harm

whereas paradise is the New Jerusalem in the Fathers house - Heaven, where Jesus prepares a place for us (christians that is)

Joh_14:2  In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Luk_23:43  And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

paul knew of a man that was caught up to paradise, not caught down, or caught to a place on earth, but was caught up to paradise:
2Co 12:4  How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

Rev 2:7  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Rev 21:1  And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 
Rev 21:2  And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

paradise - the new jerusalem, comes down from heaven to the new earth, after the coming millinium
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:37am On Jan 06, 2019
johnw47:

OLAADEGBU it's a long a study for me to get into right now, just a few points that come to mind
which are along the same lines as you:

the one thousand year reign of Christ on this earth will be a reign of peace with satan bound during that time
even wild animals won't harm

whereas paradise is the New Jerusalem in the Fathers house - Heaven, where Jesus prepares a place for us (christians that is)
the tree of life is in the new jerusalem

Joh_14:2  In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Luk_23:43  And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

paul knew of a man that was caught up to paradise, not caught down or caught to where he is on earth, but was caught up to paradise:
2Co 12:4  How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

Rev 2:7  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Rev 21:1  And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 
Rev 21:2  And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Rev 22:1  And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. 
Rev 22:2  In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 

tree of life is in paradise
tree of life is in the new jerusalem which comes down from heaven to the new earth after the millinium

God bless you my brother from another mother. That "Paradise" which used to be called "Abraham's bossom" was transported or translated into the third heaven along with those who had died in faith (See 1 Peter 3:19; Psalm 68:17; Isaiah 61:1; Luke 4:18; 2 Corinthians 12:2-4; Ephesians 4:8-10) for details. smiley
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Janosky: 2:09am On Jan 06, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

It is only your words here that are complicated, not the Words of Jesus. smiley

This is where you confuse yourself when you say "My own translation of the Bible." The moment you start reading the Bible without the lenses of your organisation is the time you will be able to understand what message the Lord is passing. It is not rocket science.

Why would Jesus say "I'm making the promise today"? Why not tomorrow? undecided

You missed it yet again. That verse is not talking about Water baptism, was the thief of Christ's right hand side baptised in water? No, it is a figure of speech for the Word and the Holy Spirit. He simply meant that one needs to be regenerated by the Holy Spirit before he/she can get/see the kingdom of God.

The moment you start firing blank bullets is the moment I know that you've lost the plot. cheesy

"Christian" dey promote atheist cartoon on NL
Oturugbeke!!!!
Another Pharisee confirmed.

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 4:54am On Jan 06, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

God bless you my brother from another mother. That "Paradise" which used to be called "Abraham's bossom" was transported or translated into the third heaven along with those who had died in faith (See 1 Peter 3:19; Psalm 68:17; Isaiah 61:1; Luke 4:18; 2 Corinthians 12:2-4; Ephesians 4:8-10) for details. smiley

i may leave you to that topic
i'm busy being accused and abused by a foul mouth member of God's true church smiley
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 5:03am On Jan 06, 2019
Janosky:

"Christian" dey promote atheist cartoon on NL
Oturugbeke!!!!
Another Pharisee confirmed.

false jw jano the soldier without ammo depitcs you
a pretend christian without truth

the soldier throws eggs tomatoes and banana skin
you throw lies false accusations and insults

it's a perfect depiction, smile
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 06, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

I am happy that you are now showcasing to the whole world the manners you've been taught in your organisation by calling an elder old enough to be your father or even grandfather derogatory names. It also shows that you don't honour your elders and it will be shameful if your cult has taken that away from you if you ever had the Yoruba culture. We are not known for abusing our elders except a strange spirit has taken over. The kind of spirit that makes you disregard your elders is the same spirit making you to embrace error and this is the spirit of error that the Bible talks about that will be happening in the last days.

My candid advice to you is to disabuse your mind of these heresies and embrace the truth, it is only the truth that can set you free.
Can you now see how stupid you are? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Who is talking about age hear? When a stupid old man is doing something that's killing many people spiritually just for his own greedy ambitions.
Well i don't blame you because instead of thinking about facts you're thinking about age. Jesus was 33 years old when he was confronting the Pharisees who are old enough to be His grandpa! Moreover you don't even know how old the person you're talking to. Kumuyi is a stupid idiot, a greedy liar an a thief!
For your information if Kumuyi uses a speechless REPTILE to discredit an organization and you're happily parading it. Remember the person who first disguised and use a speechless REPTILE to discredit another person in the Bible. Genesis 3:1-5
Thousands of years later Jesus help us to IDENTIFY the faceless person behind the act as Satan the Devil! So the Spirit in Kumuyi has become obvious with this act. God bless you!

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 06, 2019
To explain each attribute that Mr Kumuyi has exhibited for the general public!
A THIEF! Kumuyi stole a publication "You can live forever in Paradise on earth" bublished by the watchtower Bible and tracts society known as {Jehovah's Witnesses} and photocopied all the drawings to print his own magazines during the late 80s and early 90s. sad sad sad
A STUPID MAN! Instead of employing artists to draw paintings that will suit his write-ups, Kumuyi extensively photocopied JWs drawings and started CHANGING the write-ups to suit his own doctrines! undecided undecided undecided
A GREEDY MAN! While all other religious group's leaders "founders" as they're called, delegates the shepherding of their Church members to qualified men of their taste,Kumuyi's GREED couldn't allow him to delegate such responsibility to any member of his Church. His fear is that if he allows for such,this men could lured members away to form their own religious groups! embarassed embarassed embarassed
A LIAR! Kumuyi secretly told another religious leader Mr Tunde Bakare (latter rain assembly) that Mr Adeboye is TEACHING HERESY! Whereas the general public believes they're both on the same side.
He did so because Mr Adeboye's Church is spreading faster due to delegation of Pastoral duties! But unknowingly to Kumuyi,Tunde Bakare couldn't keep such alone to himself so that one blew it to the public!
So Mr OLAADEGBU, if you don't know why i have labelled your so called Daddy GO as a
*LIAR,
*THIEF,
*GREEDY and
*STUPID,
Here are the reasons. I'm a Christian and true Christians aren't a respecter of any mortal man with such evil traits!
I would have accorded HIGH regards for Mr Kumuyi had it been his grey hair is found in the way of RIGHTEOUSNESS. Proverbs 16:31
God bless you Sir!

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:32am On Jan 06, 2019
TATIME:
Can you now see how stupid you are? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Who is talking about age hear? When a stupid old man is doing something that's killing many people spiritually just for his own greedy ambitions.
Well i don't blame you because instead of thinking about facts you're thinking about age. Jesus was 33 years old when he was confronting the Pharisees who are old enough to be His grandpa! Moreover you don't even know how old the person you're talking to. Kumuyi is a stupid idiot, a greedy liar an a thief!
For your information if Kumuyi uses a speechless REPTILE to discredit an organization and you're happily parading it. Remember the person who first disguised and use a speechless REPTILE to discredit another person in the Bible. Genesis 3:1-5
Thousands of years later Jesus help us to IDENTIFY the faceless person behind the act as Satan the Devil! So the Spirit in Kumuyi has become obvious with this act. God bless you!

"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and tear you" (Matthew 7:6).

This is proof that it is counterproductive to try to teach the treasures of biblical truth to those who reject and ridicule Scriptures. Your heart needs to be regenerated by the Holy Spirit before you can receive the gracious gospel light.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:42am On Jan 06, 2019
TATIME:
To explain each attribute that Mr Kumuyi has exhibited for the general public!
A THIEF! Kumuyi stole a publication "You can live forever in Paradise on earth" bublished by the watchtower Bible and tracts society known as {Jehovah's Witnesses} and photocopied all the drawings to print his own magazines during the late 80s and early 90s. sad sad sad
A STUPID MAN! Instead of employing artists to draw paintings that will suit his write-ups, Kumuyi extensively photocopied JWs drawings and started CHANGING the write-ups to suit his own doctrines! undecided undecided undecided
A GREEDY MAN! While all other religious group's leaders "founders" as they're called, delegates the shepherding of their Church members to qualified men of their taste,Kumuyi's GREED couldn't allow him to delegate such responsibility to any member of his Church. His fear is that if he allows for such,this men could lured members away to form their own religious groups! embarassed embarassed embarassed
A LIAR! Kumuyi secretly told another religious leader Mr Tunde Bakare (latter rain assembly) that Mr Adeboye is TEACHING HERESY! Whereas the general public believes they're both on the same side.
He did so because Mr Adeboye's Church is spreading faster due to delegation of Pastoral duties! But unknowingly to Kumuyi,Tunde Bakare couldn't keep such alone to himself so that one blew it to the public!
So Mr OLAADEGBU, if you don't know why i have labelled your so called Daddy GO as a
*LIAR,
*THIEF,
*GREEDY and
*STUPID,
Here are the reasons. I'm a Christian and true Christians aren't a respecter of any mortal man with such evil traits!
I would have accorded HIGH regards for Mr Kumuyi had it been his grey hair is found in the way of RIGHTEOUSNESS. Proverbs 16:31
God bless you Sir!

"But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire" (Matthew 5:22).

Don't worry about respecting the man of God since you have shown us the evidence that you don't respect your parents, my real concern for you is that you do not respect your Creator God and you stand the danger of hellfire.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:46am On Jan 06, 2019
johnw47:

i may leave you to that topic
i'm busy being accused and abused by a foul mouth member of God's true church smiley

We may continue the topic on this thread --> https://www.nairaland.com/1935165/did-jesus-go-hell-between/3
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:54am On Jan 06, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Below is a checklist of God's Moral Law, we can find out whether we have broken it or not:

Have I always loved God my Creator with all my heart, mind, soul and strength?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I made a god in my own image? a god to suit myself?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I ever used God's name in vain?   ____YES  ___NO
Have I kept the Sabbath holy?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I always honoured my parents implicitly?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I murdered (God considers hatred as murder)?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I committed adultery (including premarital sex and lust)?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I stolen (the value is irrelevant)?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I lied (including fibs and these questions)?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I coveted (been greedy or materialistic)?  ____YES  ___NO 

If you have even broken one Law, then you have sinned against God and therefore will "surely die," for the "wages of sin is death."  (Death is the separation from God, either temporary or permanently)

We are all guilty of breaking the Commandments.  Listen to the voice of your conscience, and let it remind you of some of the sins of the past.  We are not perfect as we are commanded to be (Matthew 5:48), neither is our heart pure.  On Judgment Day our transgressions will be the evidence of our shame.  Think of it: God has seen every sin we have ever committed.  We share our thought-life with Him.

We are guilty of violating His Law a multitude of times, yet if we repent, God can forgive us because Jesus stepped into the courtroom 2,000 years ago and paid the fine for us.  His death on the cross satisfied the Law we so blatantly transgressed, and at the same time demonstrated how much God loves us—

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." 

His shed blood on the cross can make you clean in the sight of a holy God, as though you have never sinned.

God doesn't want you to go to Hell.  Please, forget your arguments, repent and put your trust in Jesus and be saved from God's wrath.  Make Psalm 51 your prayer, then read your Bible daily and always obey what you read; God will never let you down.

Have you kept the Ten Commandments? This is what someone would be like if he kept the moral Law—he would always love God with "all of his heart, mind, soul, and strength," and love his neighbour as much as he has loved himself. He has never made a god to suit himself (either with his hands or in his mind). He has always given God's name reverence, kept the Sabbath holy, honoured his parents implicitly, and never once has he been "angry without cause." He has never hated anyone, had lust in his heart, or had illicit sex. He has never stolen even a paper clip or ballpoint pen, or told as much as a "white" lie, and not once desired anything that belongs to someone else. He is, and always has been "pure in heart," perfect in thought, word, and deed.

The truth is, we are not like that. We have all "sinned" many times, and therefore we have stored up God's wrath, which will be revealed on Judgment Day. The proof that we have sinned will be our death, and after death we must face God in judgment. Think of it—if He has seen our every thought, word, and deed, and if He is going to bring all our sins out as evidence of our guilt on the Day of Judgment, we will all be found to be guilty. Our conscience has shown us right from wrong; we will be without excuse. God will give us justice, and Hell will be the place of our eternal punishment. "For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known." That's why you need the Saviour. See www.needGod. com for details.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 4 January 2014 ·

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (96) (Reply)

Ruth Ifunanya Muoka And Lucky Oha Wedding Pictures / I Killed This Bat The Enemy Sent To My House At Night / Native Doctor Begs Prophet Odumeje To Forgive Ada Jesus Who Is Down With Stroke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 192
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.