Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,859 members, 7,821,000 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua (71492 Views)

The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua / DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 9:00pm On May 14, 2017
Toyin223:
U Ar D Best
thanks sis
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 9:02pm On May 14, 2017
Akinwale14:
SurestG Thanks,abeg continue
my next update is tomorrow
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 9:02pm On May 14, 2017
SurestG more update abeg
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 9:03pm On May 14, 2017
SurestG:
my next update is tomorrow
Ok no p sha
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by queenitee(f): 12:33am On May 15, 2017
The friendlike enemy is either Becca or Lola, but most likely Becca

1 Like

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 3:19am On May 15, 2017
U wish
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 8:06am On May 15, 2017
Happy birthday ikombe, wishing you many more beautiful and pleasant years ahead, more credit alert to your phone and more money to your account.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 8:33am On May 15, 2017
I dedicate this chapter to Ikombe, Queenitee, Akinwale14, Airborne02, Echelle, Toyin223.

CHAPTER 4

The party was to take place by 4pm that day at an hotel hall, the hotel is about 45mins drive from the school, and the invitations were given to only responsible personalities on the campus including some lecturers.

After class that afternoon Becca insisted they shop for what they would wear to the party because they want to look their bests especially Luisa.

Soji was already at the venue 30minutes before 4pm and he had searched everywhere for Luisa's car to know she was around but no sign of her. He became worried, though other invitees were there her to-be-angel was no where to be found. Not even her friends were around too, he dialled there number but it was not reachable and all he could do was pray within him that nothing happens to her. Funke who was seductively dressed came to where he was sitting to give him a calm-down-massage but he rejected it. He was about dialing her number again when he heard click-clack click-clack click-clack, it was the sound of a shoe, he turned to see where such sound was coming from, behold all eyes were already at the entrance only to see a gorgeously dressed angel. She wore a slitted full length cyan color strapless gown, a red beaded necklace and earrings to match and a pair of red platform shoe (that which was making the sounds). Behind her were her two best friends in a cyan colour knee length gowns plus mild make-over.

Welcome back Rachealfst I miss you and your updates

2 Likes

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 9:04am On May 15, 2017
"I will like to make an Announcement here today in the presence of everybody here, a lot of you her knows who this lady beside me is, she's a very good friend of mine and today marks a new beginning in our lives as she agrees to be the love of my life"

There was a loud noise in that hall, both Becca and Lola went to the podium hastily to congratulate their friends. All the guests were applauding. Sammy who had been watching his friend since he arrived the party to the time he was anxiously awaiting her to the time the MC started the party till the announcement was made 3hours after the party had began went to where the two lovebirds was standing to give them both a hug and he whispered something to his friend's ear. Soji laughed hearing what his friend said to him and he continued his announcement.

"I have received gifts and I'll receive gifts here today but the greatest gift I've received here today is her heart which she has given to me"

Funke though heartbroken deep within but was able to cover up with an harmless smile finally stood to her feet and walked directly to Luisa, she gave her a hug that made Soji wonder if she was up to something.

An hour before the announcement was made

"hello lovely ladies, can I have a word or two with the lady in a long gown" he said trying as much as possible to hide his smiling face.

"yes of course" one of them said with a smile.

He stretched forth his hand to pull her out of the chair and they both excused the ladies who had been smiling sheepishly like they knew what they are going to say. They went to a corner where the music being played would not disturb their discussion.

"I've waited so much for this day Luisa, and I believe the feeling is mutual, I won't beat about the bush. Luisa" he said holding her hands. "I love you and I want you to be mine. I've always wanted you but I didn't want you to think I'm taking advantage of your age. Please be mine" he said looking straight into her eyes.

She was dumbfounded and speechless looking at him from his face to his hands which has hers in them. After 2 minutes of silence she finally spoke up. "Soji are you for real?"

"Luisa! I know you have feelings for me, let's not punish ourselves any longer, from the depth of my heart and soul I love you"

"I love you too Soji, I always have"

He stood to his feet, moved towards her, pulled her to her feet and embraced her, planted a kiss on her forehead and they were like that for 3minutes.

"thank you Soji, thank you for making my dream come true"

Soji left and came back shortly with two glasses of champagne. "let's make a toast to this new beginning in our lives" The glasses clicked and they sipped from their cups.

"my friends must hear this because they have always wanted it to be" she said

"not yet baby, I will make the announcement officially soon."

They chat, laughed over and over again till the celebrant was called by the MC to come give his speech.

4 Likes

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Toyin223(f): 9:44am On May 15, 2017
Tank U Nice One
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 10:55am On May 15, 2017

"congratulations on your birthday and double congratulations on your new relationship" said Funke.

"thanks, tell me Funke, are you planning something bad against us? I don't trust you congratulating my new relationship, it makes me doubt you the more."

" Come off it soji...I'm just an innocent and harmless lady who wants nothing but your happiness, stop being so paranoid"
she pulled his cheeks and was about sitting on his laps when he pushed her away not minding if she fell or not. He felt sorry for her again, went to her, pulled her up from the ground and made her sit on one of the chairs behind her.

"I'm sorry Funke, I just don't want any bad impression be created about me.

Sammy who has been searching all around for him finally saw him with Funke, he told him his phone has been ringing and he sensed the call might be urgent.

The call was from Senator Daniels he called wanting to know if his son got the money he sent earlier that day.

CHAPTER 5

Soji's relationship with Luisa became the latest gist on campus even though it was 3weeks after the announcement. Soji being the crush of most ladies on campus left them with no other choice than they should face the reality. But some of this ladies couldn't hide the fact that they are jealous of Luisa. Even in her department, some talked behind her back and some liked her new status. Lecturers on campus gave her regards because Soji himself is a respected person on campus. She felt she had made the best choice because soji who seem to be her first love is the same person he is with and the honor that accompanies their relationship is not little.

"To execute my plans I will use anybody I want" she said with a devilish smile on her face as she called out to Sophie

"let me have the girl's number, she will be my first tool to get that which is mine." Sophie handed a sheet to her, the sheet has the needed phone number on it, she typed the number on her Infinix hot 3 and tapped on the green button.

"Hello, you are Omolola Adetokunbo right? I would like us to meet an for important issue, Galaxy Restaurant, 8pm tonight. Make sure you are there alone, failure to come attracts an ugly penalty" she said and hung up not giving her a chance to respond.

3 Likes

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Toyin223(f): 11:06am On May 15, 2017
Weldone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by queenitee(f): 1:49pm On May 15, 2017
Hun hun, nothing must happen to my Luisa oo *crying* Hun hun my Luisa .
Thanks for the dedication ma and Happy birthday Ikombe. More money to your account

1 Like

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by ikombe: 4:01pm On May 15, 2017
SurestG:
Happy birthday ikombe, wishing you many more beautiful and pleasant years ahead, more credit alert to your phone and more money to your account.
queenitee:
Hun hun, nothing must happen to my Luisa oo *crying* Hun hun my Luisa .
Thanks for the dedication ma and Happy birthday Ikombe. More money to your account
Amen oh

1 Like

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 7:38pm On May 15, 2017
I'm inviting all awesome readers on NL Lit section to come check this piece out: Phemmy429, Akosy, Horlah, leesah, Akinmusi, ebysandra, Alennsar, Musampa73, Johnsown1, comelyjummy, chuxxxx007, herosakin, Adeyife, urchman23, Harunablezin, Adesina12, Mhizdherbee, Dopeyomi, saxwizard, Jane1234f, Aminzy, countrygirl.

Its an amazing write-up

2 Likes

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 8:01pm On May 15, 2017
Thanks for the dedication,keep it up sis,i dey feel your story.

1 Like

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 12:19am On May 16, 2017
CONTINUATION

"Now that he is about to graduate, I will be free to get on with my plans" she muttered beneath her breath.

"babe what are you planning this Time" Sophie queried.

"Just wait and see" she smiled wickedly, revealing her gap teeth as she dropped her phone and reached for the cigarette box and matches which was on a stool beside her. "nobody must hear or know about it not even your boyfriend, that is if you have one"

I'm going out now to meet the girl I called on phone earlier at the venue I gave her. I'll call on you when I'm back so don't you lock me out.

"Omolola! What is the matter, you have been withdrawn since the day you came back from where you went to meet your stranger friend who called you or is there something you are not telling me?" she said looking worried and sitting by Her side on the mattress.

Becca had been staying at Lola's place for some days and she was by her side when she received the strange call.

"actually nothing is wrong, I'm good" she said reminiscing on her encounter with the person she had gone to meet

She bumped into someone as she was rushed into Galaxy Restaurant. There she was, hurrying to meet the stranger who had called and threatened her. She checked the time, "8pm" she murmured.
Her phone rang, she anxiously answered the call

"I've seen you, turn right and come to the last table on that row" the voice said to her.

Lola sighed as she walked towards her and took a sit.
"what would you love to take" she asked
" a bottle of maltina will do" Lola replied.

"I'll get straight to the point, I will need you for a task in the nearest future, you will shed light on some issues for me" she said almost in a whisper.

"what kind of task please?" she asked looking puzzled.

"I need to know you will help me before I tell you, besides you don't even have a choice, its either you follow me or I keep your mouth shut for life"

"what have I gotten myself into" she thought "I can't give you a reply now, you can give me a call later in the week"she was scared but didn't forget to ask for her name.

"Omolola, my name is not important here, you are and don't ever think you can recognize me on this campus because this face before you is fake. Good night" she stood and left.

Lola on the other hand couldn't finish up her drink before she hastily left the restaurant and ever since then she had been moody, too silent and withdrawn.
the sound of her phone stopped her reminiscing thoughts.

"hello, yes I'm ready. same venue? okay I will be there by 7pm"

she raised her head to check the time, 6:45pm already, she reached for her pair of joggers and a tshirt, wore it and left Becca in a confused state of mind.

2 Likes

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 12:21am On May 16, 2017
Akinwale14:
Thanks for the dedication,keep it up sis,i dey feel your story.
its my pleasure bro
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 12:27am On May 16, 2017
Hmmm i think funke is the unknown person

1 Like

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 12:29am On May 16, 2017
Akinwale14:
Hmmm i think funke is the unknown person
thanks for inspiring me to update more always, knowing that someone really cares to read is a relief
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 12:31am On May 16, 2017
SurestG:
thanks for inspiring me to update more always, knowing that someone really cares to read is a relief
Lol ur welcome i wil always be by your side.
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 12:32am On May 16, 2017
Good night and waiting 4 more update 2moro
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 12:55am On May 16, 2017
Akinwale14:
Good night and waiting 4 more update 2moro
no problem. Good night
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by queenitee(f): 8:00am On May 16, 2017
Morogo o, it's funke or funmi de ni. My poor Luisa

1 Like

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 8:20am On May 16, 2017
CONTINUATION

"I want you to be an inside man for me on Luisa's case"

"Whaaaaaat? This can't be true, My friend? Are you trying to plan evil against her? No I'm sorry, count me out, I can't be a 'Judas'"

"I'm not giving you options to choose, this is what you must do, remember I told you earlier that you can't refuse. You've got no choice baby. You'll get rewarded for it, incentives are involved girl"

"Chelsea is the best club any day" Soji said

"guy don't start o, I will answer you at the end of the match, I know say gunners na the best football club"

Soji and Sammy were so much carried away with the football match that's been aired on Super sport channel when Soji's phone rang.

"soji, your babe is calling you" he said handling him the phone.

"hi love, I'm home watching a football match with Sammy, You're coming? Alright darling. Since its evening already will you sleep over? No problem, should I come pick you, I will be waiting then.

30minutes after the call, the door bell rang and Soji who already knew who the visitor is went to unlock the door so she came in. She hasn't got the chance to meet Sammy one-on-one but she has heard a lot about him.

"hello Luisa" he said taking his eyes off the plasma television that was hanged on the wall.

"Sammy hi, good afternoon" she said

"Soji hasn't cared to introduce us to each other, but as our wife-to-be you will get to know me.

Soji who stood behind them with his hands akimbo cleared his throat to remind them of his presence and they all laughed.

"have you guys had lunch" she asked
"no not yet, we wanted to but the match didn't let us."

She went into the kitchen, got an apron for herself and started cooking. In less than 45minutes she was done with the food. The aroma of the food didn't let the guys concentrate on their match as they were forced to vacate the living room for the dinning table. The guys consumed the semo and efo riro hungrily.

Olakitan Samuel a.k.a Sammy is a graduate of Business Administration from this school. Now a master holder. He is the Managing director of the small company he and his friend owns. His friendship with Soji is so deep that people mistake them for brothers, their friendship brought their families together.

"you are a lovely Lady Luisa, now I know why my friend is all over you, I'm happy for you both though"

Soji informed luisa about his traveling plans for the next weekend, his father wanted him home and his mother wanted to know Luisa so he insisted they went together.

"I'll think about it and give you a response on Sunday" she said

"Monday is far, I need your positive response tomorrow morning and don't you conceive a nasty thought about this"

She cleared the plate they had used and clean the kitchen before to taking her leave since it was getting late already. Soji picked his car key while Sammy followed and sat at the back seat of the car. They dropped her off at her apartment and went home. She felt she didn't need to eat again that night so she went for fruit instead. She was about taking a bite from her apple when her phone rang.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 8:22am On May 16, 2017
queenitee:
Morogo o, it's funke or funmi de ni. My poor Luisa
good morning sis, welcome on board grin
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 9:42am On May 16, 2017
CHAPTER 6

She knew the caller will Soji only. She responded to the call, he was telling her he had got home and that she should give him his response first thing Sunday morning. She put a call through To her friends to give them the latest gist, her traveling with Soji to meet his parents and her reluctance on going with him. They were happy for her that they encouraged her to go with him because that is starting another phase in their relationship.

On Sunday, Lola dialed her stranger friend's number to give her the latest update about Luisa's relationship; her traveling. The lady was happy Lola is dancing to her tune and promised to see her that evening. Lola had been thinking about how she will tell Becca to excuse her to avoid unnecessary suspicion. Finally Becca decided to take her leave because her friend had become secretive.

Becca, Luisa and Lola finished writing their exams on Tuesday and they were happy they were no more a 200level student but rather a penultimate student.

"let's celebrate" Lola suggested

"that won't be necessary, we still have four semesters ahead of us"Luisa retorted

"Luisa darling, I think Lola is right"

"okay okay, let's go celebrate it at your place" she said gesturing at Becca.

"i don't even have wine at home, perhaps we could just buy on our way home".

All of a sudden, Lola's countenance changed after receiving a text message, she excused herself immediately and went to her house. Luisa was surprised but Becca wasn't, she told Luisa Lola had been like that for a while and she had no idea what exactly was worrying her. The celebration became sour when the person who initiated it had left abruptly with explanations. Luisa's whatsapp tune stopped whatsoever they may have been thinking. It was Soji.

Soji: baby can we see today? I'm on my way yo your house
Luisa: I'm at Becca's place you can come over.
Soji: you don't sound happy. Aiit I'll be with you in a Jiffy
Luisa: okay I'm waiting.

"soji is on his way here, he says he wants to see me is he allowed?"

"come on Luisa, don't be such a joker, he is not a stranger, he is my friend's to-be-hubby.

Soji went to give Luisa a hug and a peck on her lips.
"*clears throat* excuse me lovebirds, a single lady is here don't let me feel jealous o" she said admist laughter. "thanks soji for making my friend happy, I know you won't be a jerk"
Soji went to give her a friendly hug before sitting on a sofa.

"you ladies are enjoying here" he said as he stretched his hand to pick a cup of wine.

"you dare not take it without our permission"

"so, am I permitted to take it" they all laughed.

"You were moody earlier hunnie, what is it that you are not telling me" looking perplexed

"I don't remember being moody today"

"check our whatsapp conversation, you typed in a cold manner"

"I think that was when Lola walked out on us" Becca said to Luisa.

"yeah that's true"

"what about Lola?" he asked.

"her usual way of overreacting I guess" Luisa said

"no, there is more to it this time" Becca added.

"you ladies should have known the kind of a lady your friend is, even though she's like that she's still a very nice person who wouldn't harm a fly."

"You are right Soji, I never saw it that way" Becca finally said

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 11:15am On May 16, 2017
Nice one sis,more grace\power to u
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 11:25am On May 16, 2017
More update pls,i too get wahala abi
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by holufunmie(f): 12:07pm On May 16, 2017
SurestG:
wink Holufunmie
this story has been a hit back to back..sis ride on I dey ur back,,u no get rival
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 12:18pm On May 16, 2017
holufunmie:
this story has been a hit back to back..sis ride on I dey ur back,,u no get rival
Hit back to back from Friend like Enemy To Deceit.
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by talk2saintify(m): 12:18pm On May 16, 2017
SurestG Nice One

Newest Comer

Sowee am late

Holdup catch ma ferrari for Road!!!

Novez....

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Me, The Girls, And My Guys Dem / Survival Of The Curse. A Werewolf Story. / Home Alone With Steamy Cousins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.