Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,282 members, 7,811,833 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? (6392 Views)

A Nairalander Wisdom Nwedene's Outfit To Jehovah's Witnesses Convention In Enugu / 'El' Is the true Name Of what is called God / Who Is Jehovah? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:44pm On May 14, 2017
Is Jehovah / Jehova the true name of God? How did using Jehovah as the name of God originate?
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by TWOYANSH: 12:52pm On May 14, 2017
d Bible say it is.
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by mikky4764(f): 1:17pm On May 14, 2017
Yes it is, God addresses Himself by that name.
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:59am On May 15, 2017
TWOYANSH:

d Bible say it is.

Then how did using Jehovah as the name of God originate?
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:59am On May 15, 2017
mikky4764:

Yes it is, God addresses Himself by that name.

How did using Jehovah as the name of God originate?
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Wilgrea7(m): 4:21am On May 15, 2017
no.... even Jesus isn't the real name of the Messiah... the letter J was invented about 400 years or so after the death of Christ.. so Jehovah or Jesus couldn't be their names... the name of God in Hebrew is his real name... although its not being pronounced right, the tetragrammation YHWH or YHVH is pronounced Yahweh ... or Yehovah... the name of Jesus is Yahshua or some say Yeshua

2 Likes

Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:23pm On May 15, 2017
Wilgrea7:

no.... even Jesus isn't the real name of the Messiah... the letter J was invented about 400 years or so after the death of Christ.. so Jehovah or Jesus couldn't be their names... the name of God in Hebrew is his real name... although its not being pronounced right, the tetragrammation YHWH or YHVH is pronounced Yahweh ... or Yehovah... the name of Jesus is Yahshua or some say Yeshua

If that is true, how did it originate?
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:03am On May 16, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Is Jehovah / Jehova the true name of God? How did using Jehovah as the name of God originate?

Check the answers in the suggested link below:

https://www.gotquestions.org/Jehovah.html
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Nobody: 10:08am On May 16, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

The short answer is No.

2 Likes

Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Oloruntobi4382(m): 10:27am On May 16, 2017
Guy are you working for Gotquestions.org?
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:05pm On May 18, 2017
Oloruntobi4382:

Are you working for NL? undecided
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Oloruntobi4382(m): 7:08pm On May 18, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Are you working for NL? undecided
lol, No be NL me and you dey

1 Like

Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by hopefulLandlord: 7:09pm On May 18, 2017
Oloruntobi4382:

lol
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Oloruntobi4382(m): 7:16pm On May 18, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

lol
The dude behaves like a staff.
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by hopefulLandlord: 7:21pm On May 18, 2017
Oloruntobi4382:
The dude behaves like a staff.

true, won't be surprised if he is
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by kellytuns(m): 10:23pm On May 19, 2017
The real name of God is never Jehovah rather yahweh,it was Jehovah's witness that that originated the name Jehovah,there is difference between aleluya and haleluya
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by PastorAIO: 11:02pm On May 19, 2017
15God, furthermore, said to Moses, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, The LORD, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.' This is My name forever, and this is My memorial-name to all generations.

Exodus 3.

"How long will this be in the heart of the prophets who prophesy lies? Indeed they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart, who try to make My people forget My name by their dreams which everyone tells his neighbor, as their fathers forgot My name for Baal."

Jeremiah 23

And as for Seth, to him also a son was born; and he named him Enosh. Then men began to call on the name of Yahweh.

Genesis4

3and I appeared to Abraham , Isaac, and Jacob, as El Shaddai, but by My name, Yahweh , I did not make Myself known to them.
Exodus 6

Compare and contrast the purple text.

Pikin wey nor know him papa name, na pikin be that?

1 Like

Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:26pm On May 30, 2017
Oloruntobi4382:

lol, No be NL me and you dey

You and who? tongue
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Amujale(m): 3:26pm On Apr 24, 2019
No, Jehovah is not the true name of God.

Jehovah is God according to Judaism.

In my opinion, the Almighty God IS African, IS multi-national.
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Amujale(m): 4:01pm On Apr 24, 2019
Furthermore, the true name of God is definately spoken out of an African language.

Africans are the first people in human history capable of perceiving the Almighty God.
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Amujale(m): 4:11pm On Apr 24, 2019
The Europeans came to Africa, stole her precious stones, copied her precious text, jumbled it up and created a Jesus story to help subjugate their crazy campaigns; i.e crusades & holy wars.
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Amujale(m): 4:14pm On Apr 24, 2019
The Arabs came to Africa, stole her precious stones, copied her precious text, jumbled it up and created Islam to help subjugate their crazy campaigns; i.e. crusades & holy wars.
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Amujale(m): 4:14pm On Apr 24, 2019
The early Christian & Islamic crusades are considered by modern day historians to be one of the deciding factors on how broken the world is today.
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Amujale(m): 4:15pm On Apr 24, 2019
All religions got their concept of God from African ancestry and
or spirituality, including the Greeks.
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Amujale(m): 4:16pm On Apr 24, 2019
African spirituality is the only solution to the world’s problems. A good reason for foreigners to want our souls.

The African concept of God is original one. Many have been brain-washed to hate their own culture and traditions.

That’s the reason all the organised foreign religions operating in Africa are silent weapons of mass destruction.
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Amujale(m): 4:17pm On Apr 24, 2019
In the course of human history, African God(s) is seen as the most pleasant, fair, productive, caring and unbiased Divinities the world has ever seen.
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Amujale(m): 4:17pm On Apr 24, 2019
Africans can rule the world again if they find their true identity again.

Get rid of all the ties from oppression & colonialism including their religion(s).

A huge campaign that could last the best part 100 years or sooner still, but it will certainly be worth the effort.
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Emusan(m): 6:06pm On Apr 24, 2019
kellytuns:
The real name of God is never Jehovah rather yahweh,it was Jehovah's witness that that originated the name Jehovah,there is difference between aleluya and haleluya

You're wrong!
Both Jehovah and YAHWEH are rendering of the Hebrew word for God...Just that Yahweh is closer to the Hebrew word than Jehovah.

Jehovah witness only erred by claiming to come to restore the original name of God in the scripture only to have chosen Jehovah which is not too accurate instead of Yahweh.
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Isce(m): 6:26am On Apr 25, 2019
I wouldn't do that for you, find it out yourself, that's the only way you can be convinced but if can't get the truth on this matter then accept to.

God bless you
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by capitalzero: 8:03am On Apr 25, 2019
Emusan:

You're wrong!
Both Jehovah and YAHWEH are rendering of the Hebrew word for God...Just that Yahweh is closer to the Hebrew word than Jehovah.

Jehovah witness only erred by claiming to come to restore the original name of God in the scripture only to have chosen Jehovah which is not too accurate instead of Yahweh.

so Jehovah witnesses are the translator of king James version

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Emusan(m): 8:56am On Apr 25, 2019
capitalzero:

so Jehovah witnesses are the translator of king James version
Read my post again, this time slowly!
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by capitalzero: 9:31am On Apr 25, 2019
Emusan:

Read my post again, this time slowly!
are Jehovah witnesses translators of king James version?answer my question,pls.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Historically Analyzing The Crucifixtion And Resurrection Claim. / Is It A Sin To Burn A Bible? / The Essence Of Celebrating Good Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.