Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,653 members, 7,827,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? (6447 Views)

A Nairalander Wisdom Nwedene's Outfit To Jehovah's Witnesses Convention In Enugu / 'El' Is the true Name Of what is called God / Who Is Jehovah? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by johnw47: 12:10am On Jul 12, 2019
habitual lying™ max
i was right from the beginning when i first called you "mad™ max"

https://www.nairaland.com/3798197/jehovah-jehova-true-name-god/3#80151842
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Emusan(m): 6:49am On Jul 12, 2019
Barristter07:
Your inability to answer that question was what points to the Fact.

That's not a fact, go back to school.

Are they the originals?

Give us the original...i guess your NWT was translated from the original.

Just as the name disappeared from late copies of Septuagint.

Which Greek Equivalent of the divine name appear in the original Septuagint quoted by the apostles in their writings?

Where is your evidence that the Apostles quoted from the Septuagint?

Not refuted ? Tell if J in Jeremiah , Jehonadab is correct or not ?

Tell is it only J you found wrong in what I posted?
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Barristter07: 8:38am On Jul 12, 2019
Emusan:

That's not a fact, go back to school.

Give us the original...i guess your NWT was translated from the original.

Your silly sef now admit the name appeared in Septuagint which is a Greek writing, which renders your equivalent argument dumb and senseless . So you are telling me that you didn't know the apostles quoted from the Septuagint ?

Tell is it only J you found wrong in what I posted?

Expose yourself again after disgracing yourself on J. . Emphasis on " V"

YHWH or YHVH , any difference ?

1 Like

Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 12, 2019
Emusan:

(1)Peter quoted Psalms 110:1
JEHOVAH said to my Lord, sit at my right hand until i make your enemies a stool for your fit! Act 2:34-35

(2)Paul quoted Joel 2:32
Everyone who calls on JEHOVAH's name will be saved! Romans 10:13

Perhaps i'm mistaken, i need someone to correct me! embarassed
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Jessicha(f): 9:14am On Jul 12, 2019
Barristter07:

Your silly sef now admit the name appeared in Septuagint which is a Greek writing, which renders your equivalent argument dumb and senseless . So you are telling me that you didn't know the apostles quoted from the Septuagint ?

He needs serious help LoL.
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Emusan(m): 9:21am On Jul 12, 2019
Barristter07:

Brainwashed JWs where did I admit such?

Were you their when the apostles were written their books?

Exposing your ignorance....

Just tell us how Jehovah was formed and what makes it correct more than YAHWEH simple.
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Emusan(m): 9:24am On Jul 12, 2019
Maximus69:

(1)Peter quoted Psalms 110:1
JEHOVAH said to my Lord, sit at my right hand until i make your enemies a stool for your fit! Act 2:34-35

(2)Paul quoted Joel 2:32
Everyone who calls on JEHOVAH's name will be saved! Romans 10:13

Perhaps i'm mistaken, i need someone to correct me! embarassed

I didn't ask you if they quote OLD TESTAMENT...Olodo!!!
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Jessicha(f): 9:38am On Jul 12, 2019
Emusan:

Anger kills sense, learn to think before you reply, Google can even help you. Apostles quoted freely from LXX . and it has the divine name .

Just tell us how Jehovah was formed and what makes it correct more than YAHWEH simple.

grin tell if Yhwh is different from yhvh ?
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Jessicha(f): 9:40am On Jul 12, 2019
Emusan:

He still has a point. U need to calm down, The original LXX retained the divine name in its old testament translation.
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Jessicha(f): 9:42am On Jul 12, 2019
Emusan:

Ayam laughing o, Just tell me that the LXX never used the divine name . cheesy
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Emusan(m): 10:13am On Jul 12, 2019
Jessicha:
Anger kills sense, learn to think before you reply, Google can even help you. Apostles quoted freely from LXX . and it has the divine name .

Likewise ignorance kill faster than diseases!

Provide the evidence that apostles quoted from it.

You can also see it on Google that they never!

grin tell if Yhwh is different from yhvh ?

Using question to answer question....olodo
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 12, 2019
Emusan:

OH i'm sorry Sir, i just want to know how they'll quote those verses while speaking before their Jewish brothers without mentioning the divine name JEHOVAH! wink
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Jessicha(f): 11:28am On Jul 12, 2019
Emusan:

From where did Paul Quote Romans 9:25 ?
Hebrew text or LXX . you are getting more stupid with each day Sir

Which part of Google ? grin grin

Using question to answer question....olodo

At least prove it, that V is wrong, any difference ?
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Jessicha(f): 11:31am On Jul 12, 2019
Maximus69:

OH i'm sorry Sir, i just want to know how they'll quote those verses while speaking before their Jewish brothers without mentioning the divine name JEHOVAH! wink

The LXX version they quoted have the divine name. Don't mind that one disgracing himself on a public forum grin grin .
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Jessicha(f): 11:32am On Jul 12, 2019
Emusan:

I showed this to my friend just now, It was laughter everywhere. See your life
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 12, 2019
Jessicha:

He wants to curse the blessed servants of the most high God. Whereas it's obvious that he's fellowshiping with the accursed ones!

Now he wants to convince himself that he is on the right path!

But the most difficult thing to do is how to convince yourself that you're right when all evidences around and circumstances is indicating that you're wrong! cheesy
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Emusan(m): 12:47pm On Jul 12, 2019
Maximus69:

Did you aware that the pronunciation of the name was prohibited, which is even the reason why the name lost its pronunciation in the first place

Anyway, continue in your delusion
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Emusan(m): 12:50pm On Jul 12, 2019
Jessicha:

From the Old Testament

Provide the evidence that it was Septuagint they quoted from.

Your stupidity is higher than heavens

Indonesia part!

Proof first that Jehovah is more correct than Yahweh
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 12, 2019
Emusan:

Did you aware that the pronunciation of the name was PROHIBITED, which is even the reason why the name lost its pronunciation in the first place
Anyway, continue in your delusion

Please can you tell or show me from the scriptures those who PROHIBITED God's holy name which his only begotten Son said is important? cheesy

If actually they prohibited it back then and some today are encouraging people to remember God's name, but you're now agitating against them, whose side are you God's friends or God's enemies? cheesy
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Emusan(m): 3:03pm On Jul 12, 2019
Maximus69:

Please can you tell or show me from the scriptures those who PROHIBITED God's holy name which his only begotten Son said is important? cheesy

If actually they prohibited it back then and some today are encouraging people to remember God's name, but you're now agitating against them, whose side are you God's friends or God's enemies? cheesy

That's why I'll always say you lack wisdom.

You claimed "how they'll quote those verses while speaking before their Jewish brothers without mentioning the divine name JEHOVAH"

Now look at the @bold in your post, you said "some today are encouraging people"

Are we talking of today or your lie of the Apostles speaking BEFORE THEIR JEWISH BROTHERS using a name forbid to be pronounced (only if they even no the pronunciation in the first place) without being accused
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 12, 2019
Emusan:

That's why I'll always say you lack wisdom.
You claimed "how they'll quote those verses while speaking before their Jewish brothers without mentioning the divine name JEHOVAH"
Now look at the @bold in your post, you said "some today are encouraging people"
Are we talking of today or your lie of the Apostles speaking BEFORE THEIR JEWISH BROTHERS using a name forbid to be pronounced (only if they even no the pronunciation in the first place) without being accused

Hmmm,

Are you saying Jesus also forgot God's name or he succumbed to the tradition that forbids the pronunciation of his father's name? John 17:26
Because Jesus is ready to die for the truth {John 18:37} he's not scared of anyone, and he strengthened his followers never to be scared even while facing the threat of death ! Matthew 10:28

So when he quoted Deuteronomy 6:4, do you think he also hid the divine name out of fear? Mark 12:8-29

Are you saying those Apostles forgot God's name that Jesus taught them?
Or they were scared of pronuncing God's name before those fierced antagonists?

You're becoming more and even much more deluded in your reasoning than i thought Sir!
If this is just due to the hatred you have for JWs, please don't allow it to blur your insight or kill your conscience! embarassed
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Emusan(m): 7:49pm On Jul 12, 2019
Maximus69:

Hmmm,

Are you saying Jesus also forgot God's name or he succumbed to the tradition that forbids the pronunciation of his father's name? John 17:26
Because Jesus is ready to die for the truth {John 18:37} he's not scared of anyone, and he strengthened his followers never to be scared even while facing the threat of death ! Matthew 10:28

So when he quoted Deuteronomy 6:4, do you think he also hid the divine name out of fear? Mark 12:8-29

Are you saying those Apostles forgot God's name that Jesus taught them?
Or they were scared of pronuncing God's name before those fierced antagonists?

You're becoming more and even much more deluded in your reasoning than i thought Sir!
If this is just due to the hatred you have for JWs, please don't allow it to blur your insight or kill your conscience! embarassed

See the most deluded person looking for a mate....

If not because your delusion is stronger than your reasoning, you'll have asked some simple questions.

>Which book was given to Jesus to read?
>Was God's name written there or the one already substituted with Adonai or Elohim?
>Won't those Jews see that as an opportunity to accuse Jesus the more?
>If Jesus actually taught his disciples about how to pronounce the name, wasn't supposed to be an evidence written in the scripture?
>Did the Jews looking for slight opportunity to accuse Jesus or the disciples of wrong doing?

>Lastly, why is it that Jesus Himself never addressed the Father anytime with the divine name?

I know because you've been brainwashed beyond measure you can't reason with this questions.

Anyway, the pix below tells you how Jesus Himself addressed the Father.

Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Jessicha(f): 9:48pm On Jul 12, 2019
Emusan:

From the Old Testament

I know you don't have sense

Which old testament , Masoretic text or Greek LXX ?

Provide the evidence that it was Septuagint they quoted from.

Romans 9:25 quoted Hosea and said " it is as he says also in Hosea: Those not my people I will Call my people, and her who was not beloved , beloved "

Which version include the bold ?

Your stupidity is higher than heavens

Good description of yourself

Indonesia part!

Proof first that Jehovah is more correct than Yahweh

Neither is Yahweh more correct , we still have Yahveh, Yehowah etc . But the form familiar to the English Speaker as Gods name is Jehovah. U can cry now
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 12, 2019
Emusan:

See the most deluded person looking for a mate....

If not because your delusion is stronger than your reasoning, you'll have asked some simple questions.

>Which book was given to Jesus to read?
>Was God's name written there or the one already substituted with Adonai or Elohim?
>Won't those Jews see that as an opportunity to accuse Jesus the more?
>If Jesus actually taught his disciples about how to pronounce the name, wasn't supposed to be an evidence written in the scripture?
>Did the Jews looking for slight opportunity to accuse Jesus or the disciples of wrong doing?

>Lastly, why is it that Jesus Himself never addressed the Father anytime with the divine name?

I know because you've been brainwashed beyond measure you can't reason with this questions.

Anyway, the pix below tells you how Jesus Himself addressed the Father.

Well all your questions could easily be summed up in one:
Who is the WORD of God? John 1:1,18

Because it's evident that the WORD of God will know how every text in the scriptures from Genesis to Malachi should be correctly and wisely applied! Matthew 6:9, John 17:6,26

What leads to this argument is the fact that the Jews developed an idea that God's name be hidden.
But God's son insisted that his father's name be made known, as recorded at John 17:26.

So since none of us was present during the first century to know if Jesus actually mentioned the name or not, what we know today is the mindset of Jesus {1Corinthians 2:16} and this can lead us to the answer if God's name should be pronounced or not!

If Jesus quoted Deuteronomy 6:4 as written in Mark 12:29, surely he must have pronounced the name without bowing to the tradition of those wicked Jews whose mindset have been blurred by Satan{the resister and liar}! John 8:44

And of course the WORD of God{Jesus Christ} is not unaware of all the evil intentions of those wicked Jews who wanted God's name forgotten {Jeremiah 23:27} i strongly believe that he has existed even before Abraham { John 8:58} So nothing as in NOTHING is hidden under the Sun from him! John 1:48 smiley
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by johnw47: 12:33am On Jul 13, 2019
Maximus69:

He wants to curse the blessed servants of the most high God. Whereas it's obvious that he's fellowshiping with the accursed ones!

cheesy

there is the real false jw's folks, they come to your door pretending to be lambs
but inwardly they are wolves. mad™ max says false jw's are: "the blessed servants of the most high God"
and that the christian he is speaking to is: "fellowshiping with the accursed ones"
that's how evil false jw's truly think of christians

the reason they speak to you at all is because they think they are being saved by their evil works
and also they need to continually convince themselves and others that they are God's people, laugh
they are a very unsure people, always puffing themselves up, having the wrong faith

Mat_7:15  Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

false jw's - false prophets - wolves in sheeps clothing:
https://www.nairaland.com/3793815/how-one-witness-jehovahs-witness/69#77522552
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Nobody: 6:35am On Jul 13, 2019
johnw47:

there is the real false jw's folks, they come to your door pretending to be lambs
but inwardly they are wolves. mad™ max says false jw's are: "the blessed servants of the most high God"
and that the christian he is speaking to is: "fellowshiping with the accursed ones"
that's how evil false jw's truly think of christians

the reason they speak to you at all is because they think they are being saved by their evil works
and also they need to continually convince themselves and others that they are God's people, laugh
they are a very unsure people, always puffing themselves up, having the wrong faith

Mat_7:15  Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

false jw's - false prophets - wolves in sheeps clothing:
https://www.nairaland.com/3793815/how-one-witness-jehovahs-witness/69#77522552

Mr FOCUSLESS is here again! cheesy
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Emusan(m): 7:11am On Jul 13, 2019
Jessicha:
I know you don't have sense

Which old testament , Masoretic text or Greek LXX ?

I know you lost your sense from womb...

LXX has never been found at the temple of the Jews

Romans 9:25 quoted Hosea and said " it is as he says also in Hosea: Those not my people I will Call my people, and her who was not beloved , beloved "

Which version include the bold ?

Go and ask Google the version the Jews always use at the temple

best description of yourself

Perfect description of yourself.

Neither is Yahweh more correct , we still have Yahveh, Yehowah etc . But the form familiar to the English Speaker as Gods name is Jehovah. U can cry now

Let your cry reaches heaven
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Emusan(m): 7:33am On Jul 13, 2019
Maximus69:
Well all your questions could easily be summed up in one:
Who is the WORD of God? John 1:1,18

Because it's evident that the WORD of God will know how every text in the scriptures from Genesis to Malachi should be correctly and wisely applied! Matthew 6:9, John 17:6,26

So why is there no scriptural support that Jesus used the name nor the apostles

I show you even from your own translation that Jesus never addressed the Father with the divine name!

How will Jesus address the Father more than 20times without a single time recorded to have used the divine name, if the name is so important

What leads to this argument is the fact that the Jews developed an idea that God's name be hidden.
But God's son insisted that his father's name be made known, as recorded at John 17:26.

Did it occur to you that name as being used by the scripture speaks more about the NATURE and very ESSENCE of God not about going up and down shouting personal name

So since none of us was present during the first century to know if Jesus actually mentioned the name or not, what we know today is the mindset of Jesus {1Corinthians 2:16} and this can lead us to the answer if God's name should be pronounced or not!

But all your points have been centered on JESUS MADE MENTION OF THE NAME! So now your tune has change because you know within you that the Jews would've used that to accuse Jesus the more.

If Jesus quoted Deuteronomy 6:4 as written in Mark 12:29, surely he must have pronounced the name without bowing to the tradition of those wicked Jews whose mindset have been blurred by Satan{the resister and liar}! John 8:44

But why must it be until Jesus quoted from the old testament that he'll make use of the name?

Isn't it better and beautiful if Jesus personally addressed His Father with the name rather than using it through quoting from OT?

And of course the WORD of God{Jesus Christ} is not unaware of all the evil intentions of those wicked Jews who wanted God's name forgotten {Jeremiah 23:27} i strongly believe that he has existed even before Abraham { John 8:58} So nothing as in NOTHING is hidden under the Sun from him! John 1:48 smiley

Is it only before Abraham or before creation?

The point is, if the name is so important why Jesus didn't address the Father directly with the name?
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Jessicha(f): 9:11am On Jul 13, 2019
grin grin grin The evidence is staring at you , did the apostles quote LXX or not.

Emusan:

Did Paul quote LXX at Romans 9:25 or not ? Eleleya grin grin
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by johnw47: 9:14am On Jul 13, 2019
Maximus69:

Mr FOCUSLESS is here again! cheesy

mad™ max, of course you have no re course to the truth
Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Barristter07: 9:42am On Jul 13, 2019
You are so deluded.
Emusan:

where did I admit such?

Apostles quoted from LXX , Yes or no ?

Jessicha cited Romans 9:25 , not only did she cite that as an example, she went ahead to highlight the wording of the text , All you need to do is tell if that quote of the apostle Paul is LXX or not ?

1 Like

Re: Is Jehovah / Jehova The True Name Of God? by Barristter07: 9:44am On Jul 13, 2019
Jessicha:
grin grin grin The evidence is staring at you , did the apostles quote LXX or not.

Did Paul quote LXX at Romans 9:25 or not ? Eleleya grin grin

Admitting the LXX was used by the apostles will destroy him since he knows the LXX very much retain the divine name.

Hope u are good, its been a while.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Good Friday: A Day Of Celebration Or Mourning / 28 Funny & Hilarious Church Memes You Have To Check Out This Sunday / I Really Pity Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.