Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,678 members, 7,823,917 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? (20644 Views)

Lady Mocks Her Friend Who Is Childless After 2 Years Of Marriage / Man Catches His Childless Wife Having Sex With Customer To Get Pregnant / Man Builds House In Calabar For His Poor Neighbours, Childless For 30 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by magnificientzaz(f): 4:34pm On May 16, 2017
you better not copy the western people on this. Their government have made provisions to cater for the old (old people's home). Here in Nigeria, the only hope for old people is their immediate family (children and grand children).
If u try that here, suffer na your own when u don old undecided

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by KanwuliaExtra: 4:40pm On May 16, 2017
Happiness comes from WITHIN.
Others around you may or may not make you happy.

If you are a miserable soul, no one can make you happy. If you are a happy soul, NO ONE CAN MAKE YOU SAD.

You were born alone, YOU WILL DIE ALONE. kiss

Your happiness is IN YOUR HANDS ONLY!
Never give any one the power over YOUR HAPPINESS!

I speak from example.
MYSELF. cool

I don't care WHO is in my life. I ALONE can make myself happy. Single o, married o, children o, no children o. . . . I HAVE MY OWN LIFE TO LIVE, separate from ALL OF THEM. kiss

**** drops mic****

8 Likes

Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by cuedish: 4:58pm On May 16, 2017
SuperBlack:
Yes!

Ask Rev Fathers,

Ask Arsene Wenger

Ask Rev Sisters

There are so many things that makes Life worth living apart from Getting married and Bearing Children.

*Vacations
*Gadgets
*Fu*king around........what more.
Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by Ncsamuel(m): 5:16pm On May 16, 2017
shinarlaura:
At ur old age, that's when u will know how it feels like.

i just checked ur profile pix,.....babe u re smoking HOT!
Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by Ncsamuel(m): 5:16pm On May 16, 2017
shinarlaura:

i just checked ur profile pix,.....babe u re smoking HOT!!!
Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by shinarlaura(f): 5:29pm On May 16, 2017
Ncsamuel:
i just checked ur profile pix,.....babe u re smoking HOT!!!

Thank you
Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by SalamRushdie: 5:43pm On May 16, 2017
shinarlaura:

How will it feel ? The truth is that sooner or later all your kids will still leave you to set up their own families and will only show up for short visits
Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by Ncsamuel(m): 5:44pm On May 16, 2017
shinarlaura:

Thank you
am not a womanizer o. But very soon i must visit DOUALA. lol
Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by shinarlaura(f): 5:54pm On May 16, 2017
Ncsamuel:
am not a womanizer o. But very soon i must visit DOUALA. lol

Lol... strangers are very much welcome
Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by sisisioge: 6:00pm On May 16, 2017
Happiness is relative. Different folks find happiness in different things. As for me o, I find happiness in sharing my world with loving eyes and arms. I can't be single to do that. I'm cat...a cuddle cat. I love hugging babies, children and adults. I wanna have my own set of cuddle team...my Loves for life!

You just took me back to the days of Westlife...everybody is looking for that something. Find your something dude.
Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by Ncsamuel(m): 6:55pm On May 16, 2017
shinarlaura:

Lol... strangers are very much welcome
i had no idea there is an english speaking part in cameroon until recently,taught it was just french throughout the country! How do you guys cope with french as the major language in ur country? And i heard the english speaking parts like limbe,bamenda are being marginalized by the govt, does dat affect you? Sorry i ask too many questions, i read a lot.
Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by saasala(m): 7:14pm On May 16, 2017
Tokziby:
Its highly impossible. The reason is simple, human are social animal meaning that we cannot survive without being around people. Human are easily bored especially when u live alone. Living alone is dangerous cos u can develop illness at any time and when there is no one to call, u are as good as dead. Majority of people that live alone surfer in silence, they are never happy either because they are not married or childless. Living alone also has psychological effects causing the person to be a saddist, get upset easily or over thinking.

In the developed countries where old people live alone, they usually die of depression. That is why they have old people home where they can interact with their fellow mate and live a longer life. In places like Nigeria, u will discover that they are the nicest of people, this is because they want to lure people around them and always have someone to chat with. That is why they prefer to live in the village where they have friends than to live in the city where their children will leave them at home doing nothing and nobody to interact with.

In case u are planning to do that its never the best thing to do. You might enjoy it when u are still young but the moment u reach ur forties expect something different.

RB007 ... Listen to this guy. He is King Solomon reincarnate.
Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by saasala(m): 7:15pm On May 16, 2017
Tokziby:
Its highly impossible. The reason is simple, human are social animal meaning that we cannot survive without being around people. Human are easily bored especially when u live alone. Living alone is dangerous cos u can develop illness at any time and when there is no one to call, u are as good as dead. Majority of people that live alone surfer in silence, they are never happy either because they are not married or childless. Living alone also has psychological effects causing the person to be a saddist, get upset easily or over thinking.

In the developed countries where old people live alone, they usually die of depression. That is why they have old people home where they can interact with their fellow mate and live a longer life. In places like Nigeria, u will discover that they are the nicest of people, this is because they want to lure people around them and always have someone to chat with. That is why they prefer to live in the village where they have friends than to live in the city where their children will leave them at home doing nothing and nobody to interact with.

In case u are planning to do that its never the best thing to do. You might enjoy it when u are still young but the moment u reach ur forties expect something different.

Seun, read this guy's post carefully and do the needful asap
Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by shinarlaura(f): 7:16pm On May 16, 2017
Ncsamuel:
i had no idea there is an english speaking part in cameroon until recently,taught it was just french throughout the country! How do you guys cope with french as the major language in ur country? And i heard the english speaking parts like limbe,bamenda are being marginalized by the govt, does dat affect you? Sorry i ask too many questions, i read a lot.

Yeah Cameroon is make up of English and French cuz we were colonised by the French and Bristish but as u rightly said French is the majority. It's not easy for Anglophone especially when go to Yaounde (the capital) or any other french speaking region. Every thing is in french. Almost all the states universities teaches in french. So all these affects us like seriously
Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by Akinwale14(m): 7:32pm On May 16, 2017
3kay945:

If you love yourself or get good partner, your mind would change. Cos kids allow you see yourself when you're young.
Ok thanks
Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by Akinwale14(m): 7:34pm On May 16, 2017
Noel1:
Lol. You want to eat ur cake nd have it? No way!
I can eat my cake and still have it man
Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by Ugosample(m): 7:40pm On May 16, 2017
Emmacj19:
See nairaland advisers, perverts everywhere. If you are about 50 years above, single, childless and happy please come and advice this op. Not when when you are with your wife,gf ,bf ,husband and be typing Nonsense on nland. See them

What is this one saying?
Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by mark2sunny(m): 7:50pm On May 16, 2017
shinarlaura:

You very pretty
Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by mark2sunny(m): 7:50pm On May 16, 2017
shinarlaura:

You very pretty
Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by shinarlaura(f): 7:54pm On May 16, 2017
mark2sunny:

You very pretty

Thank you
Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by BadlikeRIRI: 7:56pm On May 16, 2017
Not possible
Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 16, 2017
RB007:
Can you be single, childless & happy? smiley

absolutely! a lot of ppl's problems in life stem from marital issues and responsibility that comes with parenting. not everyone is maternal/paternal, some ppl struggle to cope on their own let alone compound issues by bringing in more ppl, not everyone is meant to marry, some cant commit, some prefer to be reclusive and hate having ppl in their personal space.
marriage and parenthood are choices, they're not compulsory at all. many ppl are out there living very happy fulfilled lives, single and childless by choice and they wont have it any other way.
Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by nzubeokafor: 8:31pm On May 16, 2017
Mujaheeeden:
Yes. Happiness is in you. Find that which makes you happy and you tell sadness goodbye forever

If an Arsenal Fan can be happy why should you ever be sad
bros no vex, if it is you will you be happy? shocked
Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by sweetrace(f): 8:50pm On May 16, 2017
obataokenwa:
No one alters nature and becomes happy at the long run. Ask Aunties that rejected men at young age

I asked the aunties. They said they are so happy. In fact they are ecstatic!

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by tiswell(m): 8:50pm On May 16, 2017
Artorius:
Every one must define for themselves what the meaning of happiness is.

Happiness is fulfillment, the one cannot be obtained without the other.

If a person according to the dictates of their heart decides that childlessness or perpetual singleness is the way to go, who are we to judge?

If being married with children is a necessity for life happiness, what can we say about widow/ers, or people who are biologically incapable of reproduction, are they then doomed to forever be unhappy? Certainly not!

Jesus, Paul, Oprah Winfrey, Isaac Newton, are examples of people who lived what we may consider to be happy and fulfilling lives, but were never married, on the other hand Maria Curie, J. F. Kennedy, Prophet Muhammad, etc. did, and they left their legacies.

Happiness is personal, even more so it is internal. Please do not let anyone or society impose their definition of happiness upon you .

Should you seek happiness by following public opinion, therein will you find your deepest unhappiness and waste your years in regret.

Above all, know thyself
Jesus got married to Mary Magdalene and they had kids

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 16, 2017
RB007:
Can you be single, childless & happy? smiley

Are there people that are married with their kids and happy? Yes!. Unhappy nko? There are.

Are there people that are single, childless and happy? Yes!. Unhappy nko? There are.
I believe you are a grown man.
I would advice you to first understand what having a "FAMILY of your own" is (the things it brings over time- both short term n Long term). If you understand it and decide to sacrifice /forgo it. Then I believe it's for a higher cause and you've understood it well enough to take it up. Because if you concluded now because you are considering some Emotional stress you are having entering or maintaining a relationship. You might regret it in later years. If you feel you don't understand well enough about how this issue of Life partner, marriage or Family works speak to an elder, if you are religious check the pages of your scriptures (I think virtually all religions talks about it).. Above all it is who you let into your life and how the relationship is managed/results produced by both parties that determines the Joy in it.(there is no point in being the only happy one in a relationship.. it's an unhealthy relationship ) .
Definitely there are single n Childless yet happy individuals. but understand what it entails before embarking on such journey. (#Timely discovery)
You spoke about Adoption in one of your comments (any one that does adopt a child means he/she needs the presence of one), so I see it's not the child part that is really of problem to you.. It's the relationship with a partner.. Talk to your Dad / Male Guardian.

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by ojay2053(m): 9:18pm On May 16, 2017
Geraldyne:
yeah.. by all means you can.. dahs what I wanna do...but I'll adopt...I don't care wah ppl gonn say..my lyf..my fuckin choice
Take it easy ,sis. When the time comes ye shall find a good man and bore like the Hebrew women.
Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by obataokenwa(m): 9:20pm On May 16, 2017
sweetrace:

I asked the aunties. They said they are so happy. In fact they are ecstatic!
That moment they want to console themselves by having many converts. Join them
Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by chibuzorAbia: 9:49pm On May 16, 2017
gabe:
Jesus, Yes! That myth was perpetuated to make sure we propagate. Children are hell...

You dey mind these African fools? Just procreating in impossible poverty!

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by supernet4(f): 10:06pm On May 16, 2017
shumuel:

Well it all depends,, yes you can but no matter what you will always worry over not getting married and having kids.

I am also thinking of this possibility at the moment, all this divorce and marriage saga is very discouraging; no one is loyal any more, well i have nieces and nephews i guess thats enough, planing to shower my love and time on them, i really don't see myself getting married or having kids 'I no get time for wahala jare '
Chai u don fall my hand o
I don tell my family say Na July we dey come know ur people o
Chai
Reconsider Biko make I bring Groom price
Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by shumuel(m): 10:13pm On May 16, 2017
supernet4:

Chai u don fall my hand o
I don tell my family say Na July we dey come know ur people o
Chai
Reconsider Biko make I bring Groom price

kikiki Lol grin for you i don port sharp sharp, lets make it May ending July too far joor grin Dubai wedding Loading... 50%

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband / Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? / Gas Explosion In Cross River Kills 2, Injures 4 Family Members. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.