Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:16 AM

Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? (20911 Views)

Lady Mocks Her Friend Who Is Childless After 2 Years Of Marriage / Man Catches His Childless Wife Having Sex With Customer To Get Pregnant / Man Builds House In Calabar For His Poor Neighbours, Childless For 30 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by Thalamus: 10:25pm On May 16, 2017
RB007:
Can you be single, childless & happy? smiley

No !!!! You Cant
Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by iRepNaija1: 12:00am On May 17, 2017
Let me ask you a question: Can someone who decides to get married and have children be happy? undecided You see how silly it sounds when you ask in reverse?

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by ollybosieb: 12:07am On May 17, 2017
Why not, it's your life, it's your decision, whatever rock your boat. Marriage and children doesn't define happiness .
Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by mikolo80: 1:56am On May 17, 2017
Laple0541:
Even animals in their kingdom know the importance of procreation, your parent did a lot of chemistry, stressed and laboured to bring you to this world so bring someone too so that your lineage history will not be terminated with you.
then what will happen if the lineage is not terminated.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by Nofuckgiven: 2:03am On May 17, 2017
It baffles me when Africans play this game to continue reproducing irresponsibly,the ones who are alive are struggling to survive yet more are still being born. Not saying it is a bad thing but life would be much easier if we copied the whites on this aspect of procreating responsibly. If you can afford to raise ten kids by all means do so,doesn't necessarily mean one must get married. I mean babymamas and babydaddys are already on the increase,the main issue is have money to raise them so they don't contribute to nuisance in the society.
Secondly,I am yet to see a passage in the Bible that says marriage is compulsory. This is why Reverend Father's and sisters don't marry because it makes them focus more on God's work. No distractions unlike pastors and every other person. Happiness is self taught!! You can't give what you don't have. If you keep relying on others to make you happy,you might never be satisfied.

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by Nobody: 2:36am On May 17, 2017
I've seen lonely single old women here. No kids. It's not very enjoyable in my opinion. Having a family contributes to happiness in old age. Money becomes useless when you're old. Vanity it is.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by alolimet: 5:32am On May 17, 2017
It is very much possible. People succeed based on determination, If that is someone's desire they can achieve happiness without marriage nor kids.
Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by Nobody: 5:55am On May 17, 2017
Nofuckgiven:
It baffles me when Africans play this game to continue reproducing irresponsibly,the ones who are alive are struggling to survive yet more are still being born. Not saying it is a bad thing but life would be much easier if we copied the whites on this aspect of procreating responsibly. If you can afford to raise ten kids by all means do so,doesn't necessarily mean one must get married. I mean babymamas and babydaddys are already on the increase,the main issue is have money to raise them so they don't contribute to nuisance in the society.
Secondly,I am yet to see a passage in the Bible that says marriage is compulsory. This is why Reverend Father's and sisters don't marry because it makes them focus more on God's work. No distractions unlike pastors and every other person. Happiness is self taught!! You can't give what you don't have. If you keep relying on others to make you happy,you might never be satisfied.

@bold
I am not sure what you mean by that. In some Western countries the birth rate is so low that governments are struggling to ensure a certain amount of pensions for their old and it is getting worse. So while Africans in general may have too many children, whites have not enough, which leads back to the initial question of whether a person can be happy without marriage and children.

A BIG YES! That's why more and more people do not want to bring children into this world.

Children are a lot of work and cost a lot of money. They also take away some of your freedom, to sleep as long as you desire (at the weekend), to party, to travel, to pursue your career (this is a problem for many women in particular). In a relationship, children take up most of the space and time making it even difficult for couples to make out and the rest.

Looking after children can be exhausting and even boring. There is not much fun in the changing of diapers. Going out with fiends to have a dinner without having to run after your 2-year-old constantly is more relaxing too.

Many people have discovered the ease that a life without kids offers but others find their deepest joy in mother-/fatherhood.

To each their own and not an easy decision to make but I would rather have the freedom of choice than my life laid out by tradition.

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by supernet4(f): 8:13am On May 17, 2017
shumuel:

kikiki Lol grin for you i don port sharp sharp, lets make it May ending July too far joor grin Dubai wedding Loading... 50%
No ooo I can only do July
I dey wait to collect my ajo{daily contribution} so I go use am come pay
Anyways send ur groomlist lets Av a look
Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by Nofuckgiven: 10:34am On May 17, 2017
Mindfulness:

@bold
I am not sure what you mean by that. In some Western countries the birth rate is so low that governments are struggling to ensure a certain amount of pensions for their old and it is getting worse. So while Africans in general may have too many children, whites have not enough, which leads back to the initial question of whether a person can be happy without marriage and children.

A BIG YES! That's why more and more people do not want to bring children into this world.

Children are a lot of work and cost a lot of money. They also take away some of your freedom, to sleep as long as you desire (at the weekend), to party, to travel, to pursue your career (this is a problem for many women in particular). In a relationship, children take up most of the space and time making it even difficult for couples to make out and the rest.

Looking after children can be exhausting and even boring. There is not much fun in the changing of diapers. Going out with fiends to have a dinner without having to run after your 2-year-old constantly is more relaxing too.

Many people have discovered the ease that a life without kids offers but others find their deepest joy in mother-/fatherhood.

To each their own and not an easy decision to make but I would rather have the freedom of choice than my life laid out by tradition.
I agree with you but what I meant was in terms of giving birth to kids you can't raise financially! cool
Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by ykgold29(m): 10:29am On May 19, 2017
tydi:

bro oya outta my generosity, come,play this game with me and we smile to the bank tommorrow

3w9kwrx
bro abeg post today game here na
Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by Nobody: 11:18am On May 19, 2017
obowunmi:
Not in Nigeria. People will mock you .

People will over mock him with all his money .
Saying he must have sold his manhood for money rituals , that's why he doesn't want a wife who will reveal his secret.
Most people will run from him grin
Except prostitues and slay queens or gays that will warm his bed.
No girl from a well brought up home will feel comfortable with his idea.

Op better wake up, and tell us the truth y u want to live alone ?

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by Ewucanbeer: 7:41pm On Aug 20, 2017
Tokziby:
Its highly impossible. The reason is simple, human are social animal meaning that we cannot survive without being around people. Human are easily bored especially when u live alone. Living alone is dangerous cos u can develop illness at any time and when there is no one to call, u are as good as dead. Majority of people that live alone surfer in silence, they are never happy either because they are not married or childless. Living alone also has psychological effects causing the person to be a saddist, get upset easily or over thinking.

In the developed countries where old people live alone, they usually die of depression. That is why they have old people home where they can interact with their fellow mate and live a longer life. In places like Nigeria, u will discover that they are the nicest of people, this is because they want to lure people around them and always have someone to chat with. That is why they prefer to live in the village where they have friends than to live in the city where their children will leave them at home doing nothing and nobody to interact with.

In case u are planning to do that its never the best thing to do. You might enjoy it when u are still young but the moment u reach ur forties expect something different.

I, not married, no kids and happy! what is your point? (oh i have no girlfriend either!)

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by bukatyne(f): 8:15pm On Aug 20, 2017
gwama:

Ask the Catholic sisters and the priests grin grin

Catholic sisters and priests are not 'single or childless'.....

They belong to a family of fellow fathers and sisters touching lives.

If you are not influential (touching lives) and belong to a group of people who are obliged to you, it;s OYO when you are older.

So called single people abroad have pets who belong to them.

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by Nobody: 6:08am On Aug 21, 2017
even if i want to be single,i cant live a childless life

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 21, 2017
bukatyne:

Catholic sisters and priests are not 'single or childless'.....

They belong to a family of fellow fathers and sisters touching lives.

If you are not influential (touching lives) and belong to a group of people who are obliged to you, it;s OYO when you are older.

So called single people abroad have pets who belong to them.

True
Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by WORLDPEACE(m): 9:46am On Aug 22, 2017
shinarlaura:
At ur old age, that's when u will know how it feels like.

And you know this because you are 70 and childless?
Re: Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? by starlite1: 9:34am On Aug 23, 2017
italo:

Are you happier than all the priests and sisters?

Those people you mentioned aren't ordinary people. These are people that have dedicated their entire being to the service of God, and as a matter of fact, they have more children than you can imagine. The mission works and the motherless baby homes they oversee complete them as parents.

All Those notherless Kids are their's. So no take them get hope, they are better humans.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out / Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? / Adorable Reaction Of An Old Woman To Her Grandson’s New Car (Video )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.