Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,323 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? (9661 Views)

Nigerian Lady Ready For Marriage On Twitter (Photo) / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / 16 Things You Should Be Ready To Face If You're A Virgin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by justwise(m): 12:55am On Jan 14, 2010
r231:

me 2 cheesy

3some then grin grin
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Busybody2(f): 1:00am On Jan 14, 2010
@r231 and toowise
anything for you two, cos u r both a star.

@tope
whaddaya mean Sauron can't afford that, why una dey drag my darling's yansh on d ground so, don't stop though, he deserves it and more, lol.

@amebo
na long throat go kill una, oya say amen, lol.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by r231(m): 1:02am On Jan 14, 2010
justwise:

3some then grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

Busy_body:

@r231 and toowise
anything for you two, cos u r both a star.

@tope
whaddaya mean Sauron can't afford that, why una dey drag my darling's yansh on d ground so, don't stop though, he deserves it and more, lol.

@amebo
na long throat go kill una, oya say amen, lol.

awwww cheesy cheesy
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by TOPE20001(f): 1:03am On Jan 14, 2010
Busy_body:

@tope
whaddaya mean Sauron can't afford that, why una dey drag my darling's yansh on d ground so, don't stop though, he deserves it and more, lol. .

When did i say that? grin cheesy
Ofcuz ur husband sauron can afford it but i still think its absurd tongue grin
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by SoopaFly1: 1:04am On Jan 14, 2010
justwise:

Honestly u need to insure your mouth, u reallly say alot with it

@justwise

You have no idea how correct you are with your posts. I have been reading some comments here and going through the past posts of some posters, you will know their true intention and level of intelligence. This busybody justs loves to spew undiluted crap and talks and talks and talks so much incoherent nonsense accumulating mega byte space of Nairaland that could be used up valuably by someone who has something better to post.

Always yanning opata, always causing mayhem,always derailing reasonable threads and thats the most painful part. For example, someone like me, sees a topic of interest and you read to get other people's intelligent views and you end up with such slow pokish comments and posts like those of busybody and you wonder why in the first place you bothered to open that thread. Its really bad and irritating and someone might be forced to believe its a 14 year old retarded girl writing this nonsense and derailing threads. Its quite sicken to be honest!
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Sauron1: 1:10am On Jan 14, 2010
TOPE2000!:

Too much . . .its madness undecided
There is a life after wedding now . . . . . .na loan repayment go seperate the couples cheesy

Tope, are you this cheap?
U think 10 milla naira is too much?

Do you know how much a decent wedding planner charges for weddings these days?
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Busybody2(f): 1:11am On Jan 14, 2010
make i quickly comot thread before toowise and r231 cottons on to d fact that although it looks like i am saving them 39k by having a small wedding, i intend to recoup this savings and divert into my own account using a few more of my feminine wiles that i have up my sleeve, lol.

@tope
read ya first post on this thread na, its still there, its alright to have a lil dig at sauron once in a while, and have no fear, i got ur back 110%, lol.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by TOPE20001(f): 1:13am On Jan 14, 2010
~Sauron~:

Tope, are you this cheap?
U think 10 milla naira is too much?

Do you know how much a decent wedding planner charges for weddings these days?

Its not abt cheap . . . . . so if u dont have 40k, u wont get married
There are alot of simple but elegants weddings that doesnt cost that much . . . . . i dont need a over the top wedding planner b4 i have a perfect wedding.

To me the real life begins after the wedding. . . . .i have always wanted a big wedding too but will big wedding give me happy married life? undecided
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by TOPE20001(f): 1:16am On Jan 14, 2010
Busy_body:

@tope
read ya first post on this thread na, its still there, its alright to have a lil dig at sauron once in a while, and have no fear, i got your back 110%, lol.

I knw what i said. . . . .and i am still standing by it
scared of sauron? i fit slap him sef angry cheesy
Yes . . . . .i think men like sauron will prolly say hun wait till we have 40k just to evade marriage. grin
by the time . . . the chic will be in her 30s . . .i knw men like that lipsrsealed
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Sauron1: 1:17am On Jan 14, 2010
TOPE2000!:

Its not abt cheap . . . . . so if u dont have 40k, u wont get married
There are alot of simple but elegants weddings that doesnt cost that much . . . . . i dont need a over the top wedding planner b4 i have a perfect wedding.

Simplicity and elegance CANNOT co-exist.
If you want to serve Chivita and Paraga on your wedding day, na you sabi.
My wedding should be the most special day of me life so i am spending £££ on it. Tomorrow's troubles will take care of itself.

To me the real life begins after the wedding. . . . .i have always wanted a big wedding too but will big wedding give me happy married life? undecided

I am 100% certain a crappy wedding won't give you a happy married life as well.
Na people like you dey do WEDDING MK II because the first one sucked semen. grin grin grin
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Busybody2(f): 1:22am On Jan 14, 2010
Adam Brody, come why are u always diligently wrongly accusing me of always derailing threads, albeit rightly, lol. look here if u no take time, i will campaign till you are crowned nairajand's " chief derailing monitor/moderator", so if u like yourself, DON'T PUSH IT.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Nobody: 1:22am On Jan 14, 2010
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage?

As someone said he needs a a job.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by TOPE20001(f): 1:23am On Jan 14, 2010
~Sauron~:

Simplicity and elegance CANNOT co-exist.
If you want to serve Chivita and Paraga on your wedding day, na you sabi.
My wedding should be the most special day of me life so i am spending £££ on it. Tomorrow's troubles will take care of itself.

Simplicity and elegant CAN co-exist
I am sure i have to been to more weddings that u tongue
Why spend all ur life savings on a wedding? i dont get it
4-5mil naira is enuff for a good wedding . . . .why go borrow a loan cuz of a wedding undecided

I am 100% certain a crappy wedding won't give you a happy married life as well.
Na people like you dey do WEDDING MK II because the first one sucked semen. grin grin grin

Wateva jare . . . . i still stand by my words cool
atleast if i didnt spend much on my wedding and it collapses . .God 4bid, i wont be that bitter grin
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by TOPE20001(f): 1:24am On Jan 14, 2010
stillwater:

As someone said he needs a a job.

Thank you
A good paying stable job. if i dont spend much on wedding now . . . . i can always go all out on my vows re-newal cool
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Sauron1: 1:27am On Jan 14, 2010
TOPE2000!:

Simplicity and elegant CAN co-exist
I am sure i have to been to more weddings that u tongue

You prolly underestimate what you see in those weddings.
2 of ma mates had their weddings in 2009 and the combined cost of the whole shiznit was around £40K.
Of course, the bride's family contributed some of it too but £40K is £40K.

Why spend all your life savings on a wedding? i dont get it
4-5mil naira is enuff for a good wedding . . . .why go borrow a loan cuz of a wedding undecided

Who ever said £40K amounts to a man's life savings.
It's something people plan for. It doesn't just happen like a date to the London Zoo or Vue.

Wateva jare . . . . i still stand by my words cool
atleast if i didnt spend much on my wedding and it collapses . .God 4bid, i wont be that bitter grin

Cheapskates!!! grin
You will prolly buy your wedding ring @ Argos. tongue
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Nobody: 1:30am On Jan 14, 2010
TOPE2000!:

Thank you
A good paying stable job. if i dont spend much on wedding now . . . . i can always go all out on my vows re-newal cool

Don't mind Sauron. You know he is like all those owambe kind of people that can party till dawn sweating till daybreak.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by chika98: 1:30am On Jan 14, 2010
In this recession? One can have a $10,000 wedding and still have it look grand! Just cut the guests to a minimum.

OP
It depends on the sort of wedding you want to have. Go big and spend your life savings. Go small and save money you can put towards your down payment on a house
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Sauron1: 1:32am On Jan 14, 2010
stillwater:

Don't mind Sauron. You know he is like all those owambe kind of people that can party till dawn sweating till daybreak.

Even the Bible says you should not worry about tomorrow.
Today's troubles are enough on it's own to lump tomorrow's worries on it.

Live for today.
£40K wedding is nothing, trust me.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by debosky(m): 1:34am On Jan 14, 2010
How much do you need?

Not much - 50k in naira can get you married comfortably in the registry.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Sauron1: 1:35am On Jan 14, 2010
debosky:

How much do you need?

Not much - 50k in naira can get you married comfortably in the registry.

£200 wedding?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Nigerians go kill me oooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
Na goats wan do the wedding?
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by TOPE20001(f): 1:36am On Jan 14, 2010
~Sauron~:

You prolly underestimate what you see in those weddings.
2 of ma mates had their weddings in 2009 and the combined cost of the whole shiznit was around £40K.
Of course, the bride's family contributed some of it too but £40K is £40K.

2weddings and the combined cost is 40K . . .Meaning 20k each right?
so why must urs be 40k?
u be obasanjo's son? grin

Who ever said £40K amounts to a man's life savings.
It's something people plan for. It doesn't just happen like a date to the London Zoo or Vue.

Plan?? How does one save up to 40k in this country?
U be must be company director to have that amount saved up
If a naija man want to save up 40k . . . . .i guess he wud prolly get married wen he is in his 40s undecided
Then some men wonder why . . . . . . their gfs run off and marry another guy shocked

Cheapskates!!! grin
You will prolly buy your wedding ring @ Argos. tongue

Lol
Why wud i be the one to buy my own ring in the first place, isnt that the groom's responsibilty?
The only thing that WILL be expensive at my wedding has to be the rings sef grin
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by justwise(m): 1:37am On Jan 14, 2010
~Sauron~:

Live for today.
£40K wedding is nothing, trust me.

Do u work or u depend on mum & dady?
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by debosky(m): 1:37am On Jan 14, 2010
~Sauron~:

£200 wedding?

Nigerians go kill me oooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Why not? People waste money on weddings - spending millions and they are driving tokunbo cars and renting flats. Isn't that stupid?  

Spend money on your future. . . no, waste money yes.

After all that they will now be pricing meat aggressively in the market, as if it's the aboki's fault that they wasted money. Mugus.  angry
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by TOPE20001(f): 1:38am On Jan 14, 2010
chika98:

In this recession? One can have a $10,000 wedding and still have it look grand! Just cut the guests to a minimum.

OP
It depends on the sort of wedding you want to have. Go big and spend your life savings. Go small and save money you can put towards your down payment on a house

Thank you ooo
I will say it again unless u have a very rich family that wants to sponsor ur wedding . . .40k is absurd cool cheesy
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Nobody: 1:39am On Jan 14, 2010
~Sauron~:

[b]Live for today.
[/b]£40K wedding is nothing, trust me.

Live for today and live in debt tomorrow. Naaa thank you!!! Proposal vetoed!!!
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Sauron1: 1:40am On Jan 14, 2010
TOPE2000!:

2weddings and the combined cost is 40K . . .Meaning 20k each right?
so why must urs be 40k?
u be obasanjo's son? grin

They spent £40k each and that includes the traditional wedding.

Plan?? How does one save up to 40k in this country?
U be must be company director to have that amout saved up
If a naija man want to save up 40k . . . . .i guess he wud proolu get married wen he is in his 40s undecided
Then some men wonder why . . . . . . their gfs run off and marry another guy shocked

£40K pounds?
I am sure your credit score can rip out £40K from Lloyds TSB.

Why wud i be the one to buy my own ring in the first place, isnt that the groom's responsibilty?
The only thing that WILL be expensive at my wedding has to be the rings sef grin

And you will serve Bread and Agoiiin beans for your guests. grin grin grin grin
Chei, let me marry you then.
My monthly salary should cover up for your wedding conveniently with few coins left to spray your coconut head.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by chika98: 1:41am On Jan 14, 2010
stillwater:

Ha heeeeee I hope you aren't listening to Sauron. Dude won't even spend all that on a wedding himself. He's just getting you lot all riled up

TOPE2000!:

Thank you ooo
I will say it again unless u have a very rich family that wants to sponsor your wedding . . .40k is absurd cool cheesy

Rich or no rich save the money for something else
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by TOPE20001(f): 1:41am On Jan 14, 2010
stillwater:

lol. . . . . management is not in sauron's dictionary cheesy
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by justwise(m): 1:43am On Jan 14, 2010
debosky:

Why not? People waste money on weddings - spending millions and they are driving tokunbo cars and renting flats. Isn't that silly?  

After all that they will now be pricing meat aggressively in the market, as if it's the aboki's fault that they wasted money. Mugus.  angry
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Sauron1: 1:44am On Jan 14, 2010
justwise:

Do u work or u depend on mum & dady?

How does this affect the price of FISH?

debosky:

Why not? People waste money on weddings - spending millions and they are driving tokunbo cars and renting flats. Isn't that silly?  

The amount of money they spend on their wedding isn't going to build em a new house in Lagos anyways.
Tokunbo cars? Puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeease.
What you give is what you get. The couples who spend money on their wedding recoup em back via mouth-watering gifts.

So by your own estimation, how much do you think one should spend on a GRAND wedding(including traditional)?

stillwater:

Mortgage itself is debt.
All your credit cards are debt so what difference does it make?
Your PAY MONTHLY mobile phone is DEBT.

TOPE2000!:

lol. . . . . management is not in sauron's dictionary cheesy

Manage-wetin?
Your children won't forgive you when they see Agoiiiiin beans/sachet water in your Wedding DVD in the next 15 years. grin grin grin grin
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by TOPE20001(f): 1:46am On Jan 14, 2010
~Sauron~:

They spent £40k each and that includes the traditional wedding.

They musta been married a igbos . . . . no offence grin

£40K pounds?
I am sure your credit score can rip out £40K from Lloyds TSB.

Excatly what i dont want to do . . . .so after marriage we shud be livin in debt? i pity your future wife undecided tongue
Cut your coat accoding to your size is what they say cool

And you will serve Bread and Agoiiin beans for your guests. grin grin grin grin
Chei, let me marry you then.
My monthly salary should cover up for your wedding conveniently with few coins left to spray your coconut head.

Lolz . . . . i aint that cheap cool
U can have a elegant wedding with just 10k sef grin
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by debosky(m): 1:47am On Jan 14, 2010
~Sauron~:

What you give is what you get. The couples who spend money on their wedding recoup em back via mouth-watering gifts.

If all the people you know are hungry people, they will chop your food and leave you with 1,000 plastic buckets and cheap cutlery sets as gifts.

So by your own estimation, how much do you think one should spend on a GRAND wedding(including traditional)?

Depends on your income - anyone who personally spends over 6 months salary on a wedding is being wasteful. If your parents can afford more and choose to spend, that is their own decision.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

RE: 8 Ways To Win The Heart Of Rich Island Guys (ajebutters) / Photos From The “big A$$ Challenge” Trending Online / ''Have Sex Its Not A Sin''pastor Demonstraes Sex Making On The Altar With A Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.