Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,679 members, 7,823,918 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? (9665 Views)

Nigerian Lady Ready For Marriage On Twitter (Photo) / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / 16 Things You Should Be Ready To Face If You're A Virgin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 14, 2010
~Sauron~:

What about travelling costs? Honeymoon and Paris(for costumes)
MC(Basket Mouth/Ali-Baba or Osuofia). grin
Musician(KSA or KWAM-1).
Accommodation(your guests/friends/relative).

wedding costs are divided into 3

pre-wedding costs- wedding planner
security
hall

wedding cost itself -highlighted above

post weddin costs- honeymoon and probably a gift for ya wifey

MC? i can do any MC, i dont need a baba suwe to give me dry jokes
music - Gimme a DJ and Asa- how much will that go for

the thing is all these money no go come from ma pocket alone

my mum n dad, my wife n her parents, my uncles and aunts and then myself

as i dey see am , ill need like 5m

chei shocked shocked shocked na by force?
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by jaybee3(m): 8:09pm On Jan 14, 2010
~Sauron~:

Credit card runs ke?
When the groom is an Investment Banker(MIT graduate). . . .Bride is a Lawyer in the City(Yale Graduate).
Omo. . . .U need to expand your horizon abeg.
i would have expected a union between an MIT and a yale graduate to yield class orientation. The IB's that i know would have chattered a plane and fly the guests to the exotic location where the wedding is going down.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Sauron1: 8:11pm On Jan 14, 2010
jay bee:

i would have expected a union between an MIT and a yale graduate to yield class orientation. The IB's that i know would have chattered a plane and fly the guests to the exotic location where the wedding is going down.

Hehehehe.

sleek417:

wedding costs are divided into 3

pre-wedding costs- wedding planner
                               security
                               hall

wedding cost itself -highlighted above

post weddin costs- honeymoon and probably a gift for ya wifey

MC? i can do any MC, i dont need a baba suwe to give me dry jokes
music - Gimme a DJ and Asa- how much will that go for

the thing is all these money no go come from ma pocket alone

my mum n dad, my wife n her parents, my uncles and aunts and then myself

as i dey see am , ill need like 5m

chei shocked shocked shocked na by force?

5 million from your side alone, shey?
How much will the gross expenditure be?
I wanna know the amount of money that will cover for all the 3 phases of the wedding cost.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 14, 2010
~Sauron~:

Hehehehe.

5 million from your side alone, shey?
How much will the gross expenditure be?
I wanna know the amount of money that will cover for all the 3 phases of the wedding cost.
i dunno o

if i don get 5m, i can breathe, my wifey will come with hers, my mum, my dad, my relatives

but why should i even spend that much?

no be waste be that?
call the whole of Lagos to come chop ma savings?
omo na wa o
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by bawomolo(m): 9:07pm On Jan 14, 2010

seriously osisi i cant imagine giving a man money to sponsor or better still marry me, thats wat it sounds like

my parents no go even allow me marry such a dude, i have 3 sisters dat did not sponsor theirs, same with me, why should i? im not desperate ojare

funny how notions of equality erode when "gender" roles favor women.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by chelseabmw(m): 10:13pm On Jan 14, 2010
politician=5million and above

Pastor= 1million and above

lecturers= 500k

civil servant=100k and above

bike men,drivers and etc= 100k below

thats the estimate above
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by r231(m): 10:34pm On Jan 14, 2010
^^^^^^hmmm cheesy
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by BTT(m): 11:05pm On Jan 14, 2010
si.lly idle talk of vanity. . . pstchew . . . hisses, scrams
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by obimind(m): 11:08pm On Jan 14, 2010
get a good job thats all!
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by chriswu(m): 12:57am On Jan 15, 2010
[Electra][/all the "greens" in the world baby ]. ole shocked shocked shocked
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by GL(f): 3:50am On Jan 15, 2010
chelseabmw:

politician=5million and above

Pastor= 1million and above

lecturers= 500k

civil servant=100k and above

bike men,drivers and etc= 100k below

thats the estimate above

grin grin grin

@ topic,
i didn't know grooms bear the entire wedding cost. i thought it was shared by both families. i think what should determine how much you spend on the wedding is how much you actually have. if you only have 15 or 20 million why spend a whopping 10 million on one day? you have to cut your coat according to your size!
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by DeathofDog: 4:54am On Jan 15, 2010
It depends on how big you want it to be. Since Naija weddings consists of Traditional and Church wedding, you can decide ho wmuch you wanna spend on each.

For a traditional wedding, An average nice one would cost you about 1.5 million. That is if you want the traditional to be big. The church wedding I guess could cost u abt 1.7 million.

For the rings, it depends on ur pocket, Diamonds could cost as little as 150K and above,
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by victichy: 5:56am On Jan 15, 2010
because he has got responsibilty to uphold whatsoever.so he gat to be ready
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by bashydemy(m): 9:30am On Jan 15, 2010
Una dey make me fear to even plan wedding with all this cost i think i need to remain single oooooooo
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by ezan(m): 9:58am On Jan 15, 2010
N5m for marriage? Typical 9ja show off, after that they live mouth 2 mouth. Why not spend N1.5m and invest the rest so as to provide for that marriage?

Exactly! Totally misplaced priorities.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by uzebu714: 11:06am On Jan 15, 2010
good paying job,good accomodation,good credit check and a God fearing spouse. smiley
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by marocguy(m): 11:33am On Jan 15, 2010
5 mil in cash or at least a 120k payn job 4 lyk 3 yrs wit a car and at least a rented comfortable flat apartment and at least a room in d villa. Then u r a go.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by sugarpp: 11:38am On Jan 15, 2010
depends on if the woman has money of her own i.e. career woman n if they want to start hvn kids immediately.
If a kid is to be delayd and the woman works then he needs to hv half of what will make comfortable yearly living for the two of them and extra towards investment. I would estimate £25k-£45 income per annum n £5k-£20k for investment n savings. In Nija terms expectations will be less ofcos maybe 1mil per annum and 200k for savings.
equate kids n u need double of everything equate house wife then triple.

Now for wedding ceremony depends on how many countries and events. Naija one shld b between 1mil-5mil, UK £10k-25k, honeymoon £3k-5k. Marriage no easy oooooooooooo
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Delpi4real(m): 5:08pm On Jan 15, 2010
I blieve with a stable job to fend 4 ur family and an apartment,u can go ahead.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by BankyC1: 6:14pm On Jan 15, 2010
dunno, depends on d kind of life he wants 2 live after d wedding day. grin
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Smi1(m): 5:35am On Jan 17, 2010
I don't like big wedding that calls for all street members , a lil budget and a constant work is highly important for a man and any man with out a job should forget wedding atleast untill he finds a job
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by chriswu(m): 1:09pm On Jan 17, 2010
3mills is relatively okay if the wife to be is cooperative, and covers some of the cost. wink
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Stannex(m): 8:31pm On Jan 17, 2010
I think it's madness to spend #3-5 million on wedding. It's outrageous. How many jobs in this country put that much in your purse. For me a costant job, decent car and about 300-500k take care of the stuff. But if one can afford more, well and good. sad
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by chriswu(m): 9:31pm On Jan 17, 2010
Stannex:

I think it's madness to spend #3-5 million on wedding. It's outrageous. How many jobs in this country put that much in your purse. For me a costant job, decent car and about 300-500k take care of the stuff. But if one can afford more, well and good. sad
ah Bros, shocked your wife go faint. you know women like it big.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by adeniyi334: 1:28pm On Jan 18, 2010
Well, its a state of the mind. If you set ur mind at it, you'll be surprised where the finances will come from.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Jaylone(m): 4:14pm On Jan 18, 2010
If I get the question right the poster is asking how much to prepare for a marriage not a wedding. The problem is that a whole lot of the answers are pointing towards wedding.

Know yourself, get EMPLOYED and LOVE your spouse.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Fearcom(m): 7:55pm On Jan 18, 2010
How much must a guy have to wed? . . . . . Hmmm . . . .Let's see . . . 50,000(registry wedding)350,000,500,000,N1m,N1.5m . . . . . .Options,options,options!whatever he can afford;at least,a job with reasonable and stable income,accommodation,and be able to feed and clothe his family . . . . . .hope i covered everything? . . . . . . .
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by harakiri(m): 6:16am On Jan 19, 2010
At least N150 million!

It goes thus :

70 million for investment in property (she must NOT know about this)
40 million in fixed deposit (she must NOT know about this either)
10 million in shares and securities (not very reliable these days thanks to Cecelia and Okereke)
20 million in savings account (yours)
10 million that she has idea of and from here you take out 2-3 million for marriage (not more than that)

To me, big weddings are just a facade and the main beneficiary is the woman. What's the point of spending over 10 million naira on a wedding and after that, she becomes a terrorist in the home? What's the point of spending so much when the rate of divorce is rampant these days? What's the point of spending all that when she may have slept with the guy who's your best man and he'll be smiling at both of you and laughing in his heart at what a real zombie you really are? As far as i'm concerned, NO WOMAN IS WORTH BLOWING UP A FORTUNE ON! If you doubt me, ask the divorcees!
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by A40(m): 2:43am On Jan 25, 2010
Hahaha i got invited for a wedding for next month. The Aso Ebi is about 100 gran so you can only imagine how much the entire wedding must cost
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by harakiri(m): 2:46am On Jan 25, 2010
A-40:

Hahaha i got invited for a wedding for next month. The Aso Ebi is about 100 gran so you can only imagine how much the entire wedding must cost

lol
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Zimex: 11:55am On Jan 27, 2010
Fear.com:

How much must a guy have to wed? . . . . . Hmmm . . . .Let's see . . . 50,000(registry wedding)350,000,500,000,N1m,N1.5m . . . . . .Options,options,options!whatever he can afford;at least,a job with reasonable and stable income,accommodation,and be able to feed and clothe his family . . . . . .hope i covered everything? . . . . . . .

Gbam!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Vaseline Crew Reacts As Vaseline Trends In Nigeria (photos) / I Am Going To Blow Your Mind (pictures Included) / My Fiancee Won't Allow Visits Or Intimacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.