Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,536 members, 7,823,327 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? (9662 Views)

Nigerian Lady Ready For Marriage On Twitter (Photo) / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / 16 Things You Should Be Ready To Face If You're A Virgin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by oluclem(m): 10:38pm On Jan 13, 2010
justwise:

Don't worry when i find virgin mary to marry then i will spend that much.

Be ready to marry a 14 years old girl
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Moonstone(f): 10:41pm On Jan 13, 2010
justwise:

Don't worry when i find virgin mary to marry then i will spend that much.
Are you flippin' kidding me?
So wedding expense is now dependent on one's virginity? That's ridiculous. How does a woman's promiscuity determine how much her wedding should cost?
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by oluclem(m): 10:46pm On Jan 13, 2010
All you need to get marry is a good job accommodation,and Bride price, every other thing na jara, Church/Mosque wedding na jara, reception na jara, and for those that want to do wedding with 10 million, I hope they have extra 20 Million, cos the real expenses (INAWO) start immediately after marriage, be wise
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by justwise(m): 10:48pm On Jan 13, 2010
Moonstone:

So wedding expense is now dependent on one's virginity? That's ridiculous. How does a woman's promiscuity determine how much her wedding should cost?

Calm down love!! when i said virgin mary i was refering to an angel, basically saying i'm not going to spend that much no matter who i'm wedding.

U interpreted my post from another angle.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by MrCrackles(m): 10:50pm On Jan 13, 2010
Moonstone:

Relax and stop hyperventilating!! tongue
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Igwe9(m): 10:51pm On Jan 13, 2010
According to the initial posters, decent home, sound family car and constant source of income work for me.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Moonstone(f): 10:53pm On Jan 13, 2010
justwise:

Calm down love!! when i said virgin mary i was refering to an angel, basically saying i'm not going to spend that much no matter who i'm wedding.

U interpreted my post from another angle.
Phew! cheesy Thanks for clearing that up

Of course I did cos virgin mary was a human being.
When you're getting married to someone you want to spend the rest of your life with, money should not be an issue. . . . . . except it'll throw you in heavy debt.
I mean brides want a million-dollar (naira is too cheap) wedding. They want the Vera Wang dress, impeccable China, wonderful hall. They want the talk of the town. Except a lady is willing to be considerate, that's the kind of wedding you should aim to give her.

You can be cheap all your life, don't just be cheap on the best day of your life. . . smiley

@ Crackles, I won't hyperventilate on such an issue. As long as no one decides to become a hypocrite cheesy cheesy
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by oluclem(m): 10:56pm On Jan 13, 2010
Moonstone:

You can be cheap all your life, don't just be cheap on the best day of your life. . . smiley

I don't understand, what do you mean by don't just be cheap on the best day of your life
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by justwise(m): 10:59pm On Jan 13, 2010
Moonstone:

Phew! cheesy Thanks for clearing that up
Of course I did cos virgin mary was a human being.
When you're getting married to someone you want to spend the rest of your life with, money should not be an issue. . . . . . except it'll throw you in heavy debt. I mean brides want a million-dollar (naira is too cheap) wedding. They want the Vera Wang dress, impeccable China, wonderful hall. They want the talk of the town. Except a lady is willing to be considerate, that's the kind of wedding you should aim to give her.
@ Crackles, I won't hyperventilate on such an issue. As long as no one decides to become a hypocrite cheesy cheesy
I can give my bride a wedding to remember without spending stupi.d amount of money, i rather use that money to look after her. There is life after wedding, kids will come into the picture. If she want top-dollar wedding beyond my plan then her bank balance will feel it as well.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Moonstone(f): 10:59pm On Jan 13, 2010
oluclem:

I don't understand, what do you mean by just don't be cheap on the best day of your life
switch the 'just' and 'don't' and you'll get my drift. I was too preoccupied to notice that one.
justwise:

I can give my bride a wedding to remember without spending stupi.d amount of money, i rather use that money to look after her. There is life after wedding, kids will come into the picture. If she want top-dollar wedding beyond my plan then her bank balance will feel it as well.
It is not stupid! You don't have to pay for the wedding all by yourself. She can help you too. I think it's wrong to push everything on the groom.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by oluclem(m): 11:01pm On Jan 13, 2010
Moonstone:

switch the 'just' and 'don't' and you'll get my drift. I was too preoccupied to notice that one.
I don't understand, Explain, lol
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by justwise(m): 11:05pm On Jan 13, 2010
Moonstone:

switch the 'just' and 'don't' and you'll get my drift. I was too preoccupied to notice that one. It is not silly! You don't have to pay for the wedding all by yourself. She can help you too. I think it's wrong to push everything on the groom.

Paying £40,000 for a wedding is pure madness, marriage is supposed to be a life time committment, u don't waste ur saves on wedding alone and after that u start living on credit card and loans or start saving from scrach again.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Moonstone(f): 11:07pm On Jan 13, 2010
justwise:

Paying £40,000 for a wedding is pure madness, marriage is supposed to be a life time committment, u don't waste your saves on wedding alone and after that u start living on credit card and loans or start saving from scrach again.
Well a wedding is just the beginning of your marriage. It's worth it to marry someone and to make her happy. As most people say, it's the bride's day.
She might not want to cause a hassle but don't let her miss out on her dream day.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by justwise(m): 11:10pm On Jan 13, 2010
Moonstone:

Well a wedding is just the beginning of your marriage. It's worth it to marry someone and to make her happy. As most people say, it's the bride's day.
She might not want to cause a hassle but don't let her miss out on her dream day.

I'm with u on the issue of making her happy, surely thats wat any decent man wants fro the bride, but u don't have to break the bank to do that.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by TOPE20001(f): 11:12pm On Jan 13, 2010
£40, 000 for a wedding shocked
That is absurd jare . . . . . . . .men will say anything to evade marriage shaaaaaa ni undecided
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by oluclem(m): 11:14pm On Jan 13, 2010
Moonstone:

, It's worth it to marry someone and to make her happy. As most people say, it's the bride's day.

Is it only by lavishing money on the wedding day that will make the bride happy or the life after wedding, have you not seen ladies that all the who is who in the country attended their wedding, yet everyday of their life all they do is to curse the day they got married.

justwise:

I'm with u on the issue of making her happy, surely thats wat any decent man wants fro the bride, but u don't have to break the bank to do that.
i support you jooooooooooo
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Moonstone(f): 11:19pm On Jan 13, 2010
justwise:

I am not saying you should break the bank o! Just do what you can. No man should be horribly broke after his wedding. It's what he can afford. If you have 200,000 pounds in your account, what stops you from using up 40,000?
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by justwise(m): 11:26pm On Jan 13, 2010
Moonstone:

I am not saying you should break the bank o! Just do what you can. No man should be horribly broke after his wedding. It's what he can afford. If you have 200,000 pounds in your account, what stops you from using up 40,000?

That is a big IF, but nobody should do 9-5 and save only to spend it on wedding costing £40,000.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by r231(m): 11:26pm On Jan 13, 2010
justwise:

Paying £40,000 for a wedding is pure madness, marriage is supposed to be a life time committment, u don't waste your saves on wedding alone and after that u start living on credit card and loans or start saving from scrach again.

ridiculous
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by justwise(m): 11:28pm On Jan 13, 2010
r231:

ridiculous

Yes its ridiculous to spend such amount
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by oluclem(m): 11:29pm On Jan 13, 2010
Moonstone:

So what are you saying?
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by deji2009(m): 11:31pm On Jan 13, 2010
oluclem:

So what are you saying?

just about to ask. example she gave does not correspond
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Moonstone(f): 11:31pm On Jan 13, 2010
justwise:

That is a big IF, but nobody should do 9-5 and save only to spend it on wedding costing £40,000.
Well for 9-5, I suppose 5,000 is okay then or maybe even 10. Or is that so horrible as well?

^ that's what i'm saying
oluclem:

So what are you saying?
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by deji2009(m): 11:34pm On Jan 13, 2010
That's some people mentality. without complicating anything. I would say £5,000-10,000.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by r231(m): 11:34pm On Jan 13, 2010
even if you have £1M in the acct £40K is still ridiculous ki lo de
pple will come and eat then leave talk about it for couple of days Ovation and Co
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by justwise(m): 11:37pm On Jan 13, 2010
r231:

pple will come and eat then leave talk about it for couple of days Ovation and Co

I see where u are coming from, so u spending that much to show off? U want to be given an award for the most expensive wedding, u must be kidding,
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by justwise(m): 11:38pm On Jan 13, 2010
deji2009:

That's some people mentality. without complicating anything. I would say £5,000-10,000.

Thank you very much!!
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by oluclem(m): 11:38pm On Jan 13, 2010
r231:

and 4get all you've spend, It's nothing but IGG. Initial GraGra.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Moonstone(f): 11:39pm On Jan 13, 2010
r231:

Who told you that?
People with such money especially Nigerians will want the best of the best. Those ones are even worse because they can exhaust up to 100k on the wedding.
The more money you have, the more you feel the need to portray your kinda class.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by deji2009(m): 11:39pm On Jan 13, 2010
With any level of education et cetera, in the united kindom people dont complicate things

whether is 9 to 5 whatever marriage is marriage. Money is not easy to see like that unlike

our corrupt country. I have a friend that just wedded and i can guarantee you he spend

no more than 2000 and he got wedded to a beautiful delta state girl. very beautiful girl
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by justwise(m): 11:41pm On Jan 13, 2010
Moonstone:

Well for 9-5, I suppose 5,000 is okay then or maybe even 10. Or is that so horrible as well?

^ that's what i'm saying

Now u have my attention
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by oluclem(m): 11:42pm On Jan 13, 2010
deji2009:

With any level of education et cetera, in the united kindom people dont complicate things

whether is 9 to 5 whatever marriage is marriage. Money is not easy to see like that unlike

our corrupt country. [size=18pt]I have a friend that just wedded and i can guarantee you he spend

no more than 2000 and he got wedded to a beautiful delta state girl. very beautiful girl
[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Do White People Pay Bride Price? / The Number Of Girls I Have Dated and made love to (pictures) / Why Women Don't Like Taking A Dump In Their New Bf's Home: Vote

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.