Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,534 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) (67475 Views)

Little Girl Lives With Stomach, Liver & Bowel Outside Her Body In UK (Graphic) / Nurse And Her Mother Test Positive For Coronavirus In Epe, Lagos / Brave Chinese Woman Walks Into A Hospital Holding Snake That Bit Her(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by ziga: 12:13pm On May 21, 2017
arnold123:
injection can never do someone like dat, it looks like a second degree burn from fire

Stevens Johnson syndrome looks like burns and it is definitely a medication reaction. It involves the skin on the outside as well as inside e.g mouth, eyes, nose, lungs.

That is why it is so dangerous. There is no way to predict it and it is treated like burns.

It can be fatal depending on how much skin is involved.

Hope the child pulls through.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Jman06(m): 12:13pm On May 21, 2017
it is only in nigeria that an untrained person would administer something like drugs that can kill as much as it can save, without anybody doing anything about it. Even in ghana they are enlightened enough to know the dangers of drug administration by quacks. what a country!!!
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 21, 2017
Jman06:
what license does the nurse have to administer injection in the first place?? The other day it was an untrained ''chemist'' killing a senator with doses of ethnical drugs and now this, yet nigerians would still not learn to be cautious with drugs and always see a licensed professional to determine if, which and what quantity that is needed.
Calm yourself. It's an adeverse reaction. Nurses do administer injections , transfuse blood , deliver babies and give dialysis treatment. An allergic reaction to the ingredients of the injection happens nothing to do with the nurse.
Just as some people are allergic to penicillin. How do you know you are allergic to it? It's given and your body react.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 21, 2017
Jman06:
it is only in nigeria that an untrained person would administer something like drugs that can kill as much as it can save, without anybody doing anything about it. Even in ghana they are enlightened enough to know the dangers of drug administration by quacks. what a country!!!
Adverse reaction to medication has nothing to do with qualifications
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by ReneeNuttall(f): 12:16pm On May 21, 2017
darbeelicous:
Hey fam..... When u take a look at this pictures what comes to mind, burns? Hot water or fire.... But it's neither of those. This was caused by an injection reaction (that's what the doctor called it!)

8years old ofeyinwa is currently at the federal Medical Center Owerri, he's suffering from what the doctor called injection reaction, apparently, ifeyinwa got down with a cold few weeks back, then her aunty took him to a Nearby chemist, the nurse gave her an injection (obviously expired) ... Anti-maleria she called it. Not quite long ofeyinwa's skin change and it resulted into this, burns all over her face and body. Please let's pray for her quick recovery.

I WILL LIKE TO USE THIS MEDIUM TO ANNOUNCE TO WHO EVER CARES TO LISTEN THAT THERE IS A WAREHOUSE JUST BESIDE VENUS HOTEL AT ONITSHA, WERE EXPIRED INJECTIONS AND SYRINGES ARE REPACKAGED AND RESOLD INTO THE MARKET.FROM WHAT I GATHERED THE WAREHOUSE IS OWNED BY AND IBO MERCHANT AND PEOPLE AROUND THAT AXIS ARE AFRAID TO SNITCH ON THE MAN FOR FEAR OF BEEN HUNTED BEING THAT HE'S AN INFLUENTIAL PERSON.PLS I WILL LIKE TO APPEAL TO THE RELEVANT AUTHORITIES TO GO THERE AND SEE FOR THEMSELVES AND CONFIRM THIS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by darbeelicous(f): 12:16pm On May 21, 2017
hey......
Rayhandrinni:
Two sides
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 21, 2017
delishpot:
He reacted to the medication. Not the nurse's fault.

the medication is likely expired.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by banmee(m): 12:17pm On May 21, 2017
delishpot:

How is it not the nurses fault? The first thing i get asked before being medicated by any doctor/nurse is if i am allergic to anything. To be doubly sure, he/she checks my medical records. Una too de used to rubbish for Nigeria. Smh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by ziga: 12:18pm On May 21, 2017
Jman06:

Every medication you take can cause a lot of harm.

Some drug reactions are very common while some are rare and life threatening.

A nurse is trained and licensed to administer medications.

In advanced societies, Medical doctors prescribe medications. Pharmacists and some nurses with advanced training are also licensed to prescribe with certain limitations that are determined by the need of the society.

One of the big problems with Nigeria is that everybody has become a "Doctor" and you can walk into a pharmacy and buy whatever medicine you think you need - Very dangerous and sometimes can be fatal.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Neddyogu(m): 12:18pm On May 21, 2017
nNEOo:
these demons that paid more attention to their hair n not their books........

look @ d pain you've put this little princess.....

girls pls your brain is not in ON your head it IN your head,
quit fixing wee von n pay attention in class, ladies pls.....

no child should be allowed go through such pain.

Stop ur show of ignorance. Looks more like an allergic reaction to the medication which is nobody's fault. Just genetic variation. This is the reason we pray for Nigeria's healthcare system to upgrade to the level of 'tailor-made' Medical intervention. Maybe Genetic profiling would become commonplace one day. But when?
At least d parents of dat girl can now identify one allergen their daughter reacts to. Leave nurses outta this.

1 Like

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by VajanahDischaj(f): 12:18pm On May 21, 2017
delishpot:
this thing is becoming too much . our NAFDAC Is dead. it might not even be a reaction but an adulterated drug . what if this is a new shlt out there ?
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 21, 2017
nNEOo:
these demons that paid more attention to their hair n not their books........

look @ d pain you've put this little princess.....

girls pls your brain is not in ON your head it IN your head,
quit fixing wee von n pay attention in class, ladies pls.....

no child should be allowed go through such pain.

You too! USE your brain it's in your head not on your head! Learn to read
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Nobody: 12:29pm On May 21, 2017
I will address a few things
1. To those shouting from the roof tops,calm yourselves come down from up there and sit on this chair right here.
2. There is a lot of misinformation here so let's enlighten one another.
Adverse reactions happen in that medical field, they happen at home. Someone mentioned why did that nurse get a medical history? To get a comprehensible medical history regular access to good healthcare is needed with accompanying notes. There is no centralised healthcare system in this country. No one knows they are allergic to anything unless you are exposed to it.

Someone who is allergic to penicillin will know because of what happened when that person was given the drug. Do not vilify the nurse here , same thing happens to doctors as well. This has nothing to do with being qualified, doses , expiry date that's just ignorance based in misinformation it happens.

1 Like

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by adatemi: 12:29pm On May 21, 2017
[quote author=delishpot post=56721273]He reacted to the medication. Not the nurse's fault.[/quot

That's why its important that patient medical files are reviewed before drugs are given. So, the nurse could held liable.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 21, 2017
DrObum:
This is likely to be Steven Johnson's Syndrome.
A rare adverse reaction to some medications.

Doesn't mean the drug was expired or the nurse was wrong.
Could just happen.

God help her though.
Not so rare anymore. It seems not a week goes by without a case/thread of this online.

1 Like

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Abagworo(m): 12:31pm On May 21, 2017
It's not as a result of expired drugs but a rare drug reaction. It's an unfortunate situation and the nurse might have to suffer for crossing her professional boundary which states that she takes instructions from a licensed physician before administering injection or drugs of any form.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by x6blade(m): 12:32pm On May 21, 2017
gustav25:
why are you seekinattention with your personal image ?#attentionWhore#
ok
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by delishpot: 12:32pm On May 21, 2017
banmee:

How is it not the nurses fault? The first thing i get asked before being medicated by any doctor/nurse is if i am allergic to anything. To be doubly sure, he/she checks my medical records. Una too de used to rubbish for Nigeria. Smh.

You are right on that one. But sometimes even doctors may not know. Esp if the patient has no record use of that medicine. How then would the patient know that he or she is allergic to it? You found out you are allergic to certain chemicals in some medicines after you used it right? So before you used it, if the doctor asked you if you were allergic to it, would you say yes?
But you are right, the nurse should not diagnose and never administer drugs without doctors priscription
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by delishpot: 12:34pm On May 21, 2017
[quote author=adatemi post=56733337][/quote]

True that, the nurse should never play the role of a doctor. I agree but the child reacting to the medication is not because the nurse gave some fake drug. She could have avoided this if she administered it with a doctor's prescription
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Fohlah(f): 12:34pm On May 21, 2017
her body reacted to the medication
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by adedarab: 12:36pm On May 21, 2017
So how was she meant to check if the immune system would tally with the meds!!!!! There is a device for that
Its an allergic reaction which the patient or parent might not even be aware of.

darbeelicous:
exactly my point...... She never cared to find out if the child's immune system would tally with the treatment she administered...... It'd shock u to know that she's still walking around free, doing her business as usual. angry angry
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Jman06(m): 12:36pm On May 21, 2017
ziga:

Every medication you take can cause a lot of harm.

Some drug reactions are very common while some are rare and life threatening.

A nurse is trained and licensed to administer medications.

In advanced societies, Medical doctors prescribe medications. Pharmacists and some nurses with advanced training are also licensed to prescribe with certain limitations that are determined by the need of the society.

One of the big problems with Nigeria is that everybody has become a "Doctor" and you can walk into a pharmacy and buy whatever medicine you think you need - Very dangerous and sometimes can be fatal.
The person that administered the drug is not a qualified nurse. I know the different kinds of ADR, and about idiosyncratic drug reactions. What I'm saying is that there is no regulation in nigeria as to the use of drugs. Drugs need to be controlled in nigeria, otherwise our healthcare system will remain a laughing stock. We need to do away with quacks!
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by adatemi: 12:37pm On May 21, 2017
[quote author=delishpot post=56721273]He reacted to the medication. Not the nurse's fault.[/quot

That's why its important that patient medical file is reviewed before drugs are given. So, the nurse could be held liable. Patient medical file is necessary because it will provide medical practitioners with patient' s medical history including if they have ever had any reaction to any drugs & the medications that they are presently on. Sometimes taking 2 different medication can have adverse consequences if taken together. Well it's a lesson for us all.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 21, 2017
darbeelicous:
hey......
hi, you alright?
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 21, 2017
This is quite unfortunate for the girl. I feel so sorry for her.

Some have argued that it's SJ syndrome, while others have opined that the nurse was responsible and should be made to face the music for the cruel and insensitive act she had perpetrated. But these are all nothing but speculations, conjectures and personal opinion.

There should be a thorough investigation into the matter and if it is established that this young, innocent child was made subject to such a horrible condition as a result of someone's negligence and carelessness, such a person musn't go unpunished, for this is just too cruel and horrific to be excused as a mistake.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by mayberry1(f): 12:39pm On May 21, 2017
slawomir:
it is possible the nurse is not at fault. maybe the body of the little child didn't react well with that injection
just like the ridges of human finger print is different for each person on planet earth so also our body are all different
like me if I take injection especially chloroquin injection then I will start sleeping instantly and the upper and lower jaw of my face( maxila and mandible) will start paining me.
if I enter a car that uses fuel then I start vomiting instantly
our body reacts differently no need to blame the nurse immediately. proper investigation should be carried out

and for those quoting me to say which car do I use? weather the one that uses electricity or water
I was not expecting such questions from nurses and doctors in this forum because they are already aware of what I meant.
but for those that are not doctors or nurse, this is it
a moving car causes the otholits( the organs in the human ear for gravity, linear acceleration and speed) to cause dizziness. as the car moves the otholiths continue to rotate.
because my own otoliths has a poorer ability to sense motion, stop and movement of cars. I begin to feel dizzy, then the fuel from the car reacts instantly and I throw up or vomit.
I feel a little bit comfortable only if the car is in a very high speed. constant speed. straight motion and all the windows of the car is opened.
that is why I also don't enter a vulciperator!

The WHO/Ministry of Health has advised Nigerians to stop using chloroquine injection to treat malaria.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by banmee(m): 12:40pm On May 21, 2017
delishpot:

You are right on that one. But sometimes even doctors may not know. Esp if the patient has no record use of that medicine. How then would the patient know that he or she is allergic to it? You found out you are allergic to certain chemicals in some medicines after you used it right? So before you used it, if the doctor asked you if you were allergic to it, would you say yes?
But you are right, the nurse should not diagnose and never administer drugs without doctors priscription

When you are born, you are tested for allergies and this information goes with you for the rest of your life. Well at least in sane countries. I know my kids were. It is every parents responsibility to make sure this is done. The problem is Nigerians does not take anything serious until shiit goes south.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Jman06(m): 12:44pm On May 21, 2017
Raine80:

Adverse reaction to medication has nothing to do with qualifications
Who diagnosed the child of the ''malaria'' and determined that that drug was suitable for her condition?? Do you know there's what is called 'history taking' that can help to determine if a particular drug will be appropriate for a patient or not? So much ignorance in nigeria!
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by godquality: 12:44pm On May 21, 2017
SirVintageCock:
CRIME? Not a crime sir. It is an adverse drug reaction. Steven Johnson syndrome. Don't be surprised that child is reacting to a drug that is as common as eg a paracetamol injection. Sh!t happens
Sorry but i respectfully agree to disagree with you bco it's still a crime. Before giving a child or anybody an injection or drug, one should know the side effects it may have on that particular patient especially if one goes by the professional name "nurse". So shit doesn't just happen it mostly happen because of negligence.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by delishpot: 12:47pm On May 21, 2017
banmee:

When you are born, you are tested for allergies and this information goes with you for the rest of your life. Well at least in sane countries. I know my kids were. It is every parents responsibility to make sure this is done. The problem is Nigerians does not take anything serious until shiit goes south.

That is over there na. In Nigeria, no one does that Shi on a public level. So there you have it. There is a deep rot in our society. Even abroad, people die due to severe reaction from administered medications. Shit happens over there too.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by darbeelicous(f): 12:51pm On May 21, 2017
yea....... My girl z strong.... They both in the same ward.
Rayhandrinni:
hi, you alright?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Get Clear White Eyes Naturally / China: Man's Bladder Explodes, Fell Asleep For 18 Hrs After Drinking Excess Beer / Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.