Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Why I Want To Get Married In My 30s - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why I Want To Get Married In My 30s (1118 Views)

Why Is It That Women In Their 30s Claim No Sex Till Marriage? / Many Ladies In The Late 30s Never Saw It Coming – Nigerian Man / "Proposing To A Lady In Her 30s Is Not An Engagement But A Rescue Mission" - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Want To Get Married In My 30s by JacksonD7: 3:55pm On May 22, 2017
Last week I opened a thread, and posted an article giving reasons why I wanted to get married in my twenties. As promised, this week I'm giving out five reasons why I want to get married in my thirties. First on the list

1. You'll have more time for yourself

Pushing your date of marriage backwards gives you more time for self indulgence. What is that dream you want to fulfill before you get old; visit Spain, go skydiving, climb the Eiffel tower?, whatever it is you've got time to fulfill those dreams before you get bogged down by marital responsibilities.

2. You get more mature with age

With age comes wisdom, in your thirties you would have seen the world with open eyes, got your fantasies shattered and faced reality head on. The maturity gained would be beneficial, for example you'd have more realistic expectations, and you would have gotten better at managing your finances. Also when you reach a certain level of maturity in life

3. You know what you want

When you're young you want it all, as you get older you begin to have a clearer idea of what you truly desire. This knowledge is invaluable when making a life changing decision such as, choosing who you want to spend the rest of your life with.

4. You have more experience and realistic expectations

In your thirties, you've probably dated a couple women and gotten a taste of what it's like to be in a relationship, you've also probably come to the conclusion that there's no such thing as a perfect 10. Using your dating experience and having reasonable expectations, it shouldn't be too difficult to find a good woman to settle down with.

5. You've gained financial security

A 10 year financial independence plan launched at age 25 will mature when you're 35, by that time you would probably have a meaningful amount of savings accumulated over the years. And if you've been working through your twenties, then you would know the thick and thin of business and this information could come in handy in any of your future financial endeavours. While its not mandatory to be rich before you get married, it still doesn't hurt to at least have some financial stability before you tie the knot. After all, women are attracted to men with resources.

So there you have it, five reasons why I want to get married when I'm a little older. Do you agree with these reasons?, or do you think the ones from last week made more sense?. Kindly drop your comments below and let me know.

The thread from last week:

Why I want to get married in my 20s

https://www.nairaland.com/3798548/why-want-get-married-20s
Re: Why I Want To Get Married In My 30s by talktonase(m): 3:57pm On May 22, 2017
Waooh 30 is the new 20 grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Get Married In My 30s by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 22, 2017
You are right. All the best..
Re: Why I Want To Get Married In My 30s by Theyveedo(m): 3:58pm On May 22, 2017
cool
Re: Why I Want To Get Married In My 30s by Partnerbiz(f): 4:10pm On May 22, 2017
Re: Why I Want To Get Married In My 30s by Oyindidi(f): 4:21pm On May 22, 2017
Good for you, 20s is better
Re: Why I Want To Get Married In My 30s by NairalandCS(m): 4:59pm On May 22, 2017
Why get married tho ?
Re: Why I Want To Get Married In My 30s by DrObum(m): 7:54pm On May 22, 2017
Oga, your life, your business.

But, I no go lie you, your points dey valid.
Re: Why I Want To Get Married In My 30s by JacksonD7: 9:39pm On May 22, 2017
NairalandCS:
Why get married tho ?

To start a family, to have a sense of accomplishment in life. Why don't you want to get married?
Re: Why I Want To Get Married In My 30s by NairalandCS(m): 2:23pm On May 23, 2017
JacksonD7:

To start a family, to have a sense of accomplishment in life. Why don't you want to get married?

A family is not the only sense of accomplishment in this life.

Giving to the less privileged, Making a difference in your society among others.

Plus marriage and family is alot of work.

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Get Married In My 30s by JacksonD7: 4:39pm On May 23, 2017
NairalandCS:

A family is not the only sense of accomplishment in this life.

Giving to the less privileged, Making a difference in your society among others.

Plus marriage and family is alot of work.

You made some valid points up there, getting married and starting a family, is just of many achievements a man can have in a life time.

You made a point about marriage and family requiring a lot work, these days I find myself constantly pursuing challenges that require a lot of effort. So, the hard work of marriage is definitely something I'm looking forward to.

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Get Married In My 30s by JacksonD7: 4:46pm On May 23, 2017
Oyindidi:
Good for you, 20s is better

I haven't decided on an age to get married yet, getting married in the 20s age range sounds like fun. I even opened a thread giving reasons why I might consider getting married in my 20s.

In the meantime, I'll be adopting an "as the wind blows" approach to this, who knows what will happen in the years to come.
Re: Why I Want To Get Married In My 30s by Oyindidi(f): 4:50pm On May 23, 2017
JacksonD7:

I haven't decided on an age to get married yet, getting married in the 20s age range sounds like fun. I even opened a thread giving reasons why I might consider getting married in my 20s.

In the meantime, I'll be adopting an "as the wind blows" approach to this, who knows what will happen in the years to come.
I like young couples
Re: Why I Want To Get Married In My 30s by NairalandCS(m): 4:50pm On May 23, 2017
JacksonD7:

You made some valid points up there, getting married and starting a family, is just of many achievements a man can have in a life time.

You made a point about marriage and family requiring a lot work, these days I find myself constantly pursuing challenges that require a lot of effort. So, the hard work of marriage is definitely something I'm looking forward to.

Its your decision and I respect that. Like they say different strokes for different folks.
Re: Why I Want To Get Married In My 30s by McBrooklyn(m): 5:43pm On May 23, 2017

Re: Why I Want To Get Married In My 30s by digitite: 5:56pm On May 23, 2017
Of course

(1) (Reply)

See What This Woman Did When She Heard That Her Husband Is With Another Woman. / Relationship Advice Needed. Mature Audience Only. I'm 20 And He's 28. / Naked Photos Of Popular Celebrity Leaks [must See Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.