Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti (14203 Views)

Boston Heaves A Sigh Of Relief As Bomb Suspect Is Arrested, Suspect In Critical / Haiti Joins African Union / I Can Breathe A Sigh Of Relief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by bluespice(f): 9:09pm On Jan 15, 2010
davidylan:

this is bogus nonsense. Haitians are black like you. Next.
i can't remember ever claiming they weren't or i was pink either
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 15, 2010
debosky:

You're talking a whole  lot of nonsense - Nigeria is the highest contributor to peace keeping in Sierra Leone, Liberia and even Sudan. We have housed more suffering people from Liberia than any West African Nation. That is being your brothers' keeper.

I never castigated nations who help. That is beside the point and is typical of a lot of the posts here. Standing issues on the head in the bid to make some noise too. I am relieved nations like the US, Canada, the EU are willing to help Haiti . . . that wasnt the issue at all.

I asked a basic question - what is the inherent problem with African nations and their inability to at least provide a functioning society for its citizens? the earthquake in Haiti did nothing more than highlight this problem. Its sad you'd rather look the other way.

debosky:

If you can help then you do - helping Haiti does not mean you can't help Sudan. If a means is made available to help, a pragmatist will take hold of that opportunity and not sit down soliloquizing like you are doing - your talk is cheap.

Go on and help . . . what are ya waiting for? Isnt that the only thing we're good for? We just help . . . it doesnt matter we are no better any way.
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 15, 2010
This is not the time to get all political and religious.
These guys need all the help they can get.

I watched THE FACTOR last night and it appears Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'reilly, Pat Robinson and Davidylan share same sentiments.
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by platinumnk(f): 9:10pm On Jan 15, 2010
David- What do you care for seriously?
Is these speeches to boost your ego?
So you can be proud of being black?

You can talk but have you actually done anything?
Again, When a time to help someone at home came,  where was David?
Where  were you in that thread?
Thread has 30 something pages, where does your name show up?

You tell us our house is burning, you rent a hotel while your family's house is burning, while calling everyone about it  undecided
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 15, 2010
platinumnk:

Dude, I KNOW every one that donated.You DID NOT. You cannot make your assumptions TODAY! cheesy

So when a time to help out one of your own, where were you? You dont care about those at home, neither those overseas. So what do you care for?  Your respect from the worlds view?You found just as easy to insult those who are trying to help. .
undecided  

I can see if you did actually try to help, but u didnt and u choose to castigate those who want to help. Hypocrisy of THE HIGHEST ORDER!

I didnt say that i donated . . . not interested in making donations that simply highlight the fact that we live in a dysfunctional society.
The Americans are too busy fighting for health reform, we are content with a missing president . . . we can just ask for donations no?

The hypocrisy is with you . . . just that you cant see it sadly. You think you're doing a world of good by "donating" . . . (not that its a bad thing), the problem is no one stops to think why the French dont really need to go begging before a boy can get medical attention in his hospital.

While you're donating . . . ask yourself why Josh could not get medical attention in his own country. Perhaps it might go a long way in helping you understand why we're so backward.

The greatest indictment of how horrible the black man's plight is reflected in the number of us who are sitting comfortably in foreign countries. Just for a second imagine if the rest of the world was just like us . . . who would help Haiti?
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 15, 2010
OMO IBO:

This is not the time to get all political and religious.
These guys need all the help they can get.

I watched THE FACTOR last night and it appears Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'reilly, Pat Robinson and Davidylan share same sentiments.

I do not share sentiments with Pat Robinson . . . but i to a certain extent understand where Limbaugh and O'reilly are coming from on this issue. Hmmm its about time the third world nations (God knows the day we will ever advance to second world status . . . well seems we are content with donations) sat up and began to help themselves too. It doesnt mean others cant help us in our time of need but its appalling that 40% of Haiti's budget is made up of foreign aid from the US mostly. What's wrong with us? Are we cursed?
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by platinumnk(f): 9:18pm On Jan 15, 2010
davidylan:

I didnt say that i donated . . . not interested in making donations that simply highlight the fact that we live in a dysfunctional society.
The Americans are too busy fighting for health reform, we are content with a missing president . . . we can just ask for donations no?

The hypocrisy is with you . . . just that you cant see it sadly. You think you're doing a world of good by "donating" . . . (not that its a bad thing), the problem is no one stops to think why the French dont really need to go begging before a boy can get medical attention in his hospital.

While you're donating . . . ask yourself why Josh could not get medical attention in his own country. Perhaps it might go a long way in helping you understand why we're so backward.

The greatest indictment of how horrible the black man's plight is reflected in the number of us who are sitting comfortably in foreign countries. Just for a second imagine if the rest of the world was just like us . . . who would help Haiti?
Can you see how absurd you sound? So you want someone to die because the hospital didnt help them?
im content with the government ? Seriously?
But that not going let people die on my hands because the government didnt do something about it.

Even you said you waiting till you have enough money to help, are u going togive that to politcal persons who support your arguments?

If if was your family would you say let him die because the government didnt do anything? You want to teach the government a lesson so you allow someone to die.

And David the amount asked was 20$ ,  20 is supporting Nigeria the way it is abi?

You ever thought about how saving his life could change Nigeria?
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by Kobojunkie: 9:20pm On Jan 15, 2010
davidylan:

I do not share sentiments with Pat Robinson . . . but i to a certain extent understand where Limbaugh and O'reilly are coming from on this issue. Hmmm its about time the third world nations (God knows the day we will ever advance to second world status . . . well seems we are content with donations) sat up and began to help themselves too. It doesnt mean others cant help us in our time of need but its appalling that 40% of Haiti's budget is made up of foreign aid from the US mostly. What's wrong with us? Are we cursed?

[size=14pt]ROFLMAO!!!! [/size]

OH MY GOSH!!!
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 15, 2010
platinumnk:

David- What do you care for seriously?
Is these speeches to boost your ego?
So you can be proud of being black?

You can talk but have you actually done anything?
Again, When a time to help someone at home came,  where was David?
Where  were you in that thread?
Thread has 30 something pages, where does your name show up?

You tell us our house is burning, you rent a hotel while your family's house is burning, while calling everyone about it  undecided

If my house was burning i wouldnt call you for starters. What for? I believe in independence and individual responsibility.

What does David care for? No its not my ego . . . seriously i think many of you are pretty silly to suggest a mere 6 page thread filled with vitriol from faceless folks is all i need to boost my ego. No i dont need it.

This is what i care for:

1. That black africans can begin to critically think about developing our own countries just like the Asians elected to do 40-50 yrs ago and are now giants today.

2. I care that we develop societies that provide for its citizens rather than catering to a tiny cabal who continously hold us hostage.

3. I care that no longer will i turn on my TV to see the image of the black child with kwashiokor, disease and suffering.

If that boosts my ego . . . then i'm satisfied.
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by H2O2: 9:21pm On Jan 15, 2010
fuckin-a lol.  this topic still dey steamroll. na wa oo  grin
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 15, 2010
platinumnk:

Can you see how absurd you sound? So you want someone to die because the hospital didnt help them?
But that not going let people die on my hands because the government didnt do something about it.

Even you said you waiting till you have enough money to help, are u going togive that to politcal persons who support your arguments?

If if was your family would you say let him die because the government didnt do anything? You want to teach the government a lesson so you allow someone to die.

And David the amount asked was 20$ ,  20 is supporting Nigeria the way it is abi?

Take your time to understand my point before posting . . . i'm sure you have a brain.

Where in my post did you read that Josh shld die because Nigeria cannot provide health care for him? Are you either blind or in a hurry to sling some vitriol?

I simply stated and i repeat . . . when next you frivolous folks who think you can change the world one donation at a time are getting set to drop more $20 . . . remember the saying - its better to teach a man to fish than to constantly give him fish to eat. How many Joshes can you save $20 at a time? While saving Josh is it too much to insist that Nigeria provides a better system where we dont have to constantly have to beg for our lives?

How is it that the Europeans can do it and we cannot?
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by bluespice(f): 9:27pm On Jan 15, 2010
davidylan:

If my house was burning i wouldnt call you for starters. What for? I believe in independence and individual responsibility.

What does David care for? No its not my ego . . . seriously i think many of you are pretty silly to suggest a mere 6 page thread filled with vitriol from faceless folks is all i need to boost my ego. No i dont need it.

This is what i care for:

1. That black africans can begin to critically think about developing our own countries just like the Asians elected to do 40-50 yrs ago and are now giants today.

2. I care that we provide societies that are can provide for its citizens rather than catering to a tiny cabal who continously hold us hostage.

3. I care that no longer will i turn on my TV to see the image of the black child with kwashiokor, disease and suffering.

If that boosts my ego . . . then i'm satisfied.

damn all of that and focus on the lives that are in danger of being lost now!
surely you do have some form of human feelings to realise what a life means
surely you know what it is to loose a loved one,
even if you don't know what it feels like to have any of the feelings i tried to describe, must you then ridicule those that do?
can you not for decency's sake let those that died begin to rot before you begin to use their deaths in your crusade for black power?
sometimes black people disgust me.
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 15, 2010
platinumnk:

Yeah i thought about it. We'll simply get a steady stream of requests for $20 each. Nigeria is not likely to ever change with attitudes like yours.
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 15, 2010
bluespice:

even if you don't know what it feels like to have any of the feelings i tried to describe, must you then ridicule those that do?
can you not for decency's sake let those that died begin to rot before you begin to use their deaths in your crusade for black power?

who is this fool? Some posts i deliberately try to ignore but this is going way too far . . .

hmmm what is it about "some form of human feelings"? Where is your human feelings for the thousands who die in Nigeria from accidents, robberies, police brutality, starvation or the many kidnapped daily? Where are your human feelings for the dying in sudan, Somalia, Congo? Or you only develop human feelings when it comes to Haitians?

Yeah black people disgust me too . . . black people like you who cocoon themselves in foreign lands then start acting like Africa is no concern of theirs.
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by platinumnk(f): 9:31pm On Jan 15, 2010
bluespice:

^This lipsrsealed

davidylan:

Yeah i thought about it. We'll simply get a steady stream of requests for $20 each. Nigeria is not likely to ever change with attitudes like yours.
No for the simple fact he was treated IN Nigeria. How many times do you see ST. Jude Hospital asking for donations?
How many times do u see non- black people asking for donations? Plenty, I see them everyday

Do u understand the siginificance of life at all?
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by platinumnk(f): 9:34pm On Jan 15, 2010
davidylan:

who is this fool? Some posts i deliberately try to ignore but this is going way too far . . .

hmmm what is it about "some form of human feelings"? Where is your human feelings for the thousands who die in Nigeria from accidents, robberies, police brutality, starvation or the many kidnapped daily? Where are your human feelings for the dying in sudan, Somalia, Congo? Or you only develop human feelings when it comes to Haitians?

Yeah black people disgust me too . . . black people like you who cocoon themselves in foreign lands then start acting like Africa is no concern of theirs.

And again I ask ypou david, with the millions dying in Nigeria and other African Countries . . what have you done?

When I presented the question you said that you didnt want to support the government. .
but by doing nothing you are still supporting it, except you get a bonus!: dead bodies
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 15, 2010
bluespice:

yeah ive lost a brother before so shut up.

platinumnk:

^This lipsrsealed
No for the simple fact he was treated IN Nigeria. How many times do you see ST. Jude Hospital asking for donations?
How many times do u see non- black people asking for donations? Plenty, I see them everyday

Do u understand the siginificance of life at all?

That question shld be directed to the government of Haiti. They need to explain why billions in aid to Haiti is not getting to those who need it. They need to explain why roads are non-existent in Haiti, they need to explain why there is no earth moving vehicle in a nation of 10 million . . . they have a lot of explaining to do. Aristide has to explain why he is enjoying himself at the behest of the South African government while his people die daily for lack of basic necessities and food.

I repeat again . . . Haiti was no better BEFORE the earthquake . . . what took your humanity so long to notice?
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by chiogo(f): 9:36pm On Jan 15, 2010
Davidylan, you're not making sense as you're not exactly doing anything yourself besides rant.
You should take your arguments up with the Nigerian government.

Obviously, it is the government's duty to cater to its people and if they fail to do so? what do you do besides save lives who are in urgent need of saving IF it is within your means?
Typing essays on here will NOT make the government do what you're supposedly asking for, which is common knowledge anyway.
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 15, 2010
I simply stated and i repeat . . . when next you frivolous folks who think you can change the world one donation at a time are getting set to drop more $20 . . . remember the saying - its better to teach a man to fish than to constantly give him fish to eat. How many Joshes can you save $20 at a time? While saving Josh is it too much to insist that Nigeria provides a better system where we dont have to constantly have to beg for our lives?

some do - others just talk

it has been said - the activist is not the person who points out the river is dirty - the activist is the person who gets into the river and cleans it.

all these oyinbos you keep on going on about - once upon a time they too were savages. they didn't get this way by pontificating, but by doing.

what has all your reflecting done ? has it changed anything?

actually this sounds like you - you started this off with an ode to 'white man's burden' -  what is wrong with the black man?
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 15, 2010
I repeat again . . . Haiti was no better BEFORE the earthquake . . . what took your humanity so long to notice?

i seem to remember that some 50,000 people were alive, a larger number were uninjured - yea they didn't have money - but they had their health, hopes, dreams - there were functioning hospitals. . .
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 15, 2010
chiogo:

Davidylan, you're not making sense as you're not exactly doing anything yourself besides rant.
You should take your arguments up with the Nigerian government.

Obviously, it is the government's duty to cater to its people and if they fail to do so? what do you do besides save lives who are in urgent need of saving IF it is within your means?
Typing essays on here will NOT make the government do what you're supposedly asking for, which is common knowledge anyway.

Its easy to come on here and say others dont make sense. Are you making sense yourself? Or are you thinking your $10 donation makes you a better person? Yeah you are right we shld take this up with our governments . . . but its hard to do when you're just one in a myriad of others who are content living in foreign countries and making donations.

oyb:

some do - others just talk

it has been said - the activist is not the person who points out the river is dirty - the activist is the person who gets into the river and cleans it.

all these oyinbos you keep on going on about - once upon a time they too were savages. they didn't get this way by pontificating, but by doing.

what has all your reflecting done ? has it changed anything?

actually this sounds like you - you started this off with an ode to 'white man's burden' -  what is wrong with the black man?

Just the same way you're pontificating here too . . . just the same way you all sit on politics and pontificate all day no? Same thing except you can simply hop on here and point fingers at me.

You live in Nigeria urself . . . why is donating to Haiti more important to you? The whites probably didnt get here by pontificating . . . but they didnt get here by sitting back and donating either. Haiti is older than the USA . . . ask yourself why its far worse than a 50yr old Nigeria.
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by bluespice(f): 9:40pm On Jan 15, 2010
davidylan:

surely you know better than to resort to insults at the slightest provocation (then again, i might be wrong)
but you seem to be surrounded by the people you just described that you conveniently lump everyone together.
the same way i feel sad and wish i could change the situation of things in nigeria when people die from both natural and man made disasters is the same way i feel about sudan, somalia and haiti.
You need to realise that some people don't just talk,
while talking might be the way some choose to help (raising awareness), to others, it might be to pray
to yet another group, it might be to actively travel to the regions and providing themselves to work.
You're getting hot and bothered about africa and her problems, and i can understand but should the fact that one place is neck deep in problems caused by her leaders, external influences and her inhabitants alike take anything from the fact that on the other part of the world, another disaster has taken place?
should the fact that haiti was never in the spotlight of humanitarian help, when sudan and somalia were take away from the fact that haiti needs help now?
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 15, 2010
bluespice:

surely you know better than to resort to insults at the slightest provocation (then again, i might be wrong)
but you seem to be surrounded by the people you just described that you conveniently lump everyone together.
the same way i feel sad and wish i could change the situation of things in nigeria when people die from both natural and man made disasters is the same way i feel about sudan, somalia and haiti.
You need to realise that some people don't just talk,
while talking might be the way some choose to help (raising awareness), to others, it might be to pray
to yet another group, it might be to actively travel to the regions and providing themselves to work.
You're getting hot and bothered about africa and her problems, and i can understand but should the fact that one place is neck deep in problems caused by her leaders, external influences and her inhabitants alike take anything from the fact that on the other part of the world, another disaster has taken place?
should the fact that haiti was never in the spotlight of humanitarian help, when sudan and somalia were take away from the fact that haiti needs help now?

Just giving you a taste of your own medicine. sorry i'm no longer inclined to responding to you.

oyb:

i seem to remember that some 50,000 people were alive, a larger number were uninjured - yea they didn't have money - but they had their health, hopes, dreams - there were functioning hospitals. . .

to say those 50,000 had health, hopes and dreams is to betray your ignorance on the level of poverty in Haiti. Functioning hospitals where? Did you know quite a large number of those 50,000 were living on mud?

the big question is why? What is wrong?
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by platinumnk(f): 9:44pm On Jan 15, 2010
platinumnk:

by doing nothing you are still supporting it, except you get a bonus!: dead bodies
davidylan:

Its easy to come on here and say others dont make sense. Are you making sense yourself? Or are you thinking your $10 donation makes you a better person? Yeah you are right we shld take this up with our governments . . . but its hard to do when you're just one in a myriad of others who are content living in foreign countries and making donations.

Just the same way you're pontificating here too . . . just the same way you all sit on politics and pontificate all day no? Same thing except you can simply hop on here and point fingers at me.

You live in Nigeria urself . . . why is donating to Haiti more important to you? The whites probably didnt get here by pontificating . . . but they didnt get here by sitting back and donating either. Haiti is older than the USA . . . ask yourself why its far worse than a 50yr old Nigeria.

So what are you doing David. Happy that are others are dying to reiterate your views?
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by bluespice(f): 9:45pm On Jan 15, 2010
davidylan:

Just giving you a taste of your own medicine. sorry i'm no longer inclined to responding to you.

wow, seriously, wow
respect should never be given erratically
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by stronger: 9:50pm On Jan 15, 2010
Okay, This has gone WAY out of hand!!
I was actually hoping we could make David see reason. . . which is, points may be valid, but definitely wrongly timed.
I was also hoping we could do it without Insults. . . apparently not. So, David, we give up! You win, we lose. YOU ARE SO RIGHT, AND WE ARE WRONG!!
Maybe we all should take some time out and think through it. maybe. . maybe minds will be changed.
For now, this argument serves NO PURPOSE. We've been going back and forth, saying the same things.
So, I'd like to ask the moderator to consider locking the thread!!
Meanwhile, people, keep doing all you can (no matter how little) to save a soul!!
Peace out.  smiley
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 15, 2010
platinumnk:

So what are you doing David. Happy that are others are dying to reiterate your views?

Again you're not getting my point . . . let me explain better . . .

Am i happy Haitians are dying? NO! I would not wish an earthquake on any nation and i for one i'm glad Africa does not fall within natural disaster zones. If anyone thinks God doesnt love Africa, he/she needs to take one look at Haiti and change his/her mind.

But this is the problem . . . Haiti is not much worse than it was before the earthquake except more people are dead than would have died naturally. I'm more worried about the fact that AFTER this outpouring of "aid", Haiti will simply go back to what it once was. the elite stealing all its resources while the people starve and we all pay no attention until the next disaster where we rush for our wallets again. You cant just give water and food to Haitians and expect everything will be ok . . . they are losing 15% of a meager GDP with this disaster . . . what happens next? Do they have a government that is prepared to do its best to work FOR the Haitian people?

Will they have hospitals now? Roads, schools, food, jobs, emergency equipment? I doubt it . . . aid is only a stop-gap.
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 15, 2010
stronger:

Okay, This has gone WAY out of hand!!
I was actually hoping we could make David see reason. . . which is, points may be valid, but definitely wrongly timed.
I was also hoping we could do it without Insults. . . apparently not. So, David, we give up! You win, we lose. YOU ARE SO RIGHT, AND WE ARE WRONG!!
Maybe we all should take some time out and think through it. maybe. . maybe minds will be changed.
For now, this argument serves NO PURPOSE. We've been going back and forth, saying the same things.
So, I'd like to ask the moderator to consider locking the thread!!
Meanwhile, people, keep doing all you can (no matter how little) to save a soul!!
Peace out.  smiley

You are free to quit the thread . . . you are however out of line to insist it be locked.

We've been going back and forth primarily because a lot of you think you're doing the world a favor by donating $10. Donations are good . . . but sometimes you need to ask yourself why you do so.

Peace out to you too.
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 15, 2010
to say those 50,000 had health, hopes and dreams is to betray your ignorance on the level of poverty in Haiti. Functioning hospitals where? Did you know quite a large number of those 50,000 were living on mud?

this may come as a shock to you - but it is possible to be dirt poor and still have hope for a better tomorrow - it may not be lofty dreams of high net worth but just having a bigger hut.

question- you have gone on and on about the bad government, our ignorance of african conflicts, etc -

OYA , WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

as someone who has faced off against you in the past and as an a poster on this thread - it seems the onlly thing the state of africa haiti blacks etal mean to you is points to be bandied about in a debate
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by platinumnk(f): 9:53pm On Jan 15, 2010
Since David spoke so wonderfully, Im want to know what hes going to do. . .

Until it I still say you rented a hotel while your house is burning.  wink

Why not fly to Haiti and knock some sense into them? You wont need any first aid kit, because I know you wont help anyone, the dying children dont need it?

Isnt that what you said?

Walk over the dying and march up to the capital and demand that they change.

i support you 100%, would give to your cause, but you want to remain independent.  smiley
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by otele(m): 9:55pm On Jan 15, 2010
re:davidylan challenges the motivation and usefulness of relief effort to haiti

motivation: feel good by donors
usefulness: temporary partial relief at best, inadequate dependency at worst

however, the kids in the hospitals now looking for help wont care if the help getting to them is for ''feel good'' purposes. haiti has been feeding on clay for a long time and nobody cared, well some people cared too(if not for feel good). but we should leave this argument for now and help however we can. our help is not good enough, nor genuine enough, but it is better than nothing. if i were one of those hapless dudes there, i wont mind who is giving the help

a drowning man can hold on to a snake for survival
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 15, 2010
otele:

re:davidylan challenges the motivation and usefulness of relief effort to haiti

motivation: feel good by donors
usefulness: temporary partial relief at best, inadequate dependency at worst

however, the kids in the hospitals now looking for help wont care if the help getting to them is for ''feel good'' purposes. haiti has been feeding on clay for a long time and nobody cared, well some people cared too(if not for feel good). but we should leave this argument for now and help however we can. our help is not good enough, nor genuine enough, but it is better than nothing. if i were one of those hapless dudes there, i wont mind who is giving the help

a drowning man can hold on to a snake for survival

Good point . . . i guess i will heed stronger's suggestion and go wash my car. you're all free to donate $1 to me pls. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Who's Greater - Mugabe (Who Took His Peoples Land Back) Or Mandela (Who Didn't) / Obama's Half Brother Runs For Election In Kenya / Montana Becomes First US State To Ban Tiktok; Law Likely To Be Challenged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.