Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,671 members, 7,837,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. (13602 Views)

List Of Super Eagles Squad for Egypt Game / Emenike Rejects Invitation Back To The Super Eagles Squad / Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by stereotype: 7:19pm On Jan 15, 2010
Kindly quote where i made any insults pls, Since you can read
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 7:19pm On Jan 15, 2010
sleek417:

e be like say u no dey think b4 u post
u know what coaching entails? why not take over from amodu grin grin grin

all ure doing is fantasy selection and doesnt mean u know what coachin entails

in footie, ure a smallie and i dont debate at this level

i no wan laugh but u be clown and i can't help but laugh.

you are yet to respond to the main issue on ground, yet you claim to know football. gosh!!, i can't shout, are u sure you have eaten today? grin grin grin

Do you understand the topic at all? please don't disappoint me, tell me you do  embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 7:23pm On Jan 15, 2010
stereotype:

Kindly quote where i made any insults pls, Since you can read

Dude, try to read well, the topic is for those who criticize but can't come up with their own "better" winning squad, when you jumped on the thread, your first post was not addressing the thread, instead it was criticizing the thread, so do you understand now?

The thread is for those who are bold enough to list their own winning squad (23 man) with a tactical approach on how to reach at least the quarter final of the worldcup instead of spending the whole bandwidth insulting the coaches and the rest.

geddit
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 15, 2010
honeric01:

i no wan laugh but u be clown and i can't help but laugh.

you are yet to respond to the main issue on ground, yet you claim to know football. gosh!!, i can't shout, are u sure you have eaten today? grin grin grin

Do you understand the topic at all? please don't disappoint me, tell me you do  embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
read all ma past posts on the reasons why i dont wanna pick players

i listed the ingredients for a better performance at the mundial
tht piece shows an understanding of the game of footie other than listing a set of terrible players all in the name of satisfying your thread

did u go to school Hot ric grin grin
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 7:27pm On Jan 15, 2010
sleek417:

read all ma past posts on the reasons why i dont wanna pick players

i listed the ingredients for a better performance at the mundial
tht piece shows an understanding of the game of footie other than listing a set of terrible players all in the name of satisfying your thread

did u go to school Hot ric grin grin

ok i don hear you, now are you going to allow others to contribute and stop derailing the thread? undecided
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 15, 2010
honeric01:

Dude, try to read well, the topic is for those who criticize but can't come up with their own "better" winning squad, when you jumped on the thread, your first post was not addressing the thread, instead it was criticizing the thread, so do you understand now?

The thread is for those who are bold enough to list their own winning squad (23 man) with a tactical approach on how to reach at least the quarter final of the worldcup instead of spending the whole bandwidth insulting the coaches and the rest.

geddit
the more u sound pedantic on this, the more dumb you sound

wyf; what kinda tactical approach will guarantee a Q-final berth for the super eagles?

are u alright?

honeric01:

ok i don hear you, now are you going to allow others to contribute and stop derailing the thread? undecided
ok honeric
i no go post again grin grin grin

i just dey play o
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by stereotype: 7:35pm On Jan 15, 2010

geddit Huh Huh Huh

I still don't get it, u were rambling about me cussing and insulting and i asked you to quote exactly where i insulted in all my posts and instead of giving me an answer, u went rambling again.

i am sorry for coming to this thread u hear?
I'm out, u have the post all to yourself now.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 7:46pm On Jan 15, 2010
sleek417:

wyf; what kinda tactical approach will guarantee a Q-final berth for the super eagles?

are u alright?
ok honeric

i just dey play o

Since you know little about coaching, I'd let you off the hook for now, you don't know that every coach is expected to have a tactical approach when heading to a tournament and that they are always given a mandate?

i know say na play u dey play, me self know, just that we are deviating from the main thread purpose.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 7:49pm On Jan 15, 2010
stereotype:

I still don't get it, u were rambling about me cussing and insulting and i asked you to quote exactly where i insulted in all my posts and instead of giving me an answer, u went rambling again.

i am sorry for coming to this thread u hear?
I'm out, u have the post all to yourself now.

You get problem, now i know, the cussing and insulting is for those who only know how to insult and cuss SE players and coaches, not for you (except if you are one of them).

better, you knew what to do before, yet you didn't do it. cheesy
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by 12large: 8:29pm On Jan 15, 2010
honeric 101 did i just hear you say talk about experience, you must be amodu brother. please tell me what absolutely useless midfilders like kaita,yussuf,etuhu,olofinajana,ajilore can do, nothing they are totally rubbish none of them can dribble,technique,shoot they are rubbish and you want them to play in world cup God punish your father.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 9:42pm On Jan 15, 2010
12large:

honeric 101 did i just hear you say talk about experience, you must be amodu brother. please tell me what absolutely useless midfilders like kaita,yussuf,etuhu,olofinajana,ajilore can do, nothing they are totally rubbish none of them can dribble,technique,shoot they are rubbish and you want them to play in world cup God punish your father.

I think you should apologize for typing the bolded sentence. undecided

Yes, you need experience in the midfield, i mean according to my opinion because i think you can't just expose the young boys to the world without at least assisting them with someone with experience to give them the confidence they need. what i am trying to say is that you should not expose haruna and rabiu in the midfield alone, you should be able to at least use one at a time and not the 2 at once, but then it's your squad and not mine.

one more thing, i didn't include olofinjana, kaita or etuhu in my squad, i only included ajilore and ayila so i think you should try arguing or debating with accurate details next time.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by semid4lyfe(m): 12:39am On Jan 16, 2010
Yes o! Coach Semid4lyfe, the best coach never to coach the Super Eagles is in da house grin

Ol boy, been a coach is not easy o. I've been battling with this 24-man list for the past 30 minutes being that I''ve had to make some changes to my otherwise default list based on some recent happenings and things I now know.

Goalkeepers
Vincent Enyeama
Dele Aiyenugba
Chijike Ejiogu/Greg Etafia

Defenders
Dele Adeleye
Onyekachi Apam
Joseph Yobo
Olubayo Adefemi
Chibuzor Okonkwo
Elderson Echiejile
Taiye Taiwo

Midfielders
John Mikel Obi
Dickson Etuhu
Femi Ajilore
Uche Kalu
Lukman Haruna
Rabiu Ibrahim
King Osanga
Abdul jeleel Ajagun

Attackers
Ikechukwu Uche
Obafemi Martins
Chinedu Obasi Ogbuke
Micheal Eneramo
Osaze Odemwingie
Victor Obinna Nsofor

Standby Players
*Joseph Akpala *Chidi Odiah *Obiorah Nwankwo *Kingsley Udoh *Fortune Chukwudi *Sanni Emannuel *Chrisantus Macauley *Ramon Azeez *Peter Utaka *Obot Etuk

This is the perfect team to take to to world cup IMO. It's a perfect blend of youth and experience. I'm open to questions from the Nairaland sporting press on what informed the choice of these players and how I'll deploy 11 players from these list to prosecute and win all my matches at the world cup grin wink
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by DrKitaun(m): 1:05am On Jan 16, 2010
sleek417:

are u alright?
ok honeric

i just dey play o

Tokunbo . . . u don dey craze small small grin grin
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by 1forall: 5:59am On Jan 16, 2010
honeric01:

i was trying to calm down but it seems you need to be flogged, why are you talking like someone who mistakenly drank 5 liters of unrefined crude oil? if you don't know what coaching entails, then sh.ut the bleep up, you can't even name players you deem fit for the SE, yet you are one of the first to criticize others that do so, why not delete yourself once and for all from this thread?

Good thread gone funny, lol! grin grin
Couldnt help but ask. . . abeg how does someone mistakenly drink 5 litres of anything. . .LOL!!!!
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by ayusco: 8:35am On Jan 16, 2010
@semid4lyfe nice list but i disagree slightly with ur midfield. ayila is our best midfielder rite now plus he brings xperience. in the past i would said a big no no to haruna based on his attitude and work rate but tuesday's disaster showed painfully that we need creative CM whereva we can get them

my 2 kobo

mikel obi
ayila yusuf
olofinjana seyi (for experience and back up for ayila)
dickson etuhu
rabiu ibrahim (untried but worth the risk)
lukman haruna (heard he scored recently for his club if he maintains this good club form then he should go to SA)
kalu uche

agree 100% with ur selections for other positions

p.s if obodo is fit and playing well can replace any of rabiu, lukman and kalu who underperforms
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by hollandis(f): 9:25am On Jan 16, 2010
Coach-Hollandis

23 man squad
1. Ajiboye
2. Vincent Enyeama
3. Dele Aiyenuga

Defenders
1. Chidi Odiah
2. Femi Adeleye
3. Danny Shittu
4. Onyekachi Apam
5. Joseph Yobo
6. Elderson Echiejele
7. Chibuzor Okonkwo

1. Mikel Obi
2. Okoronkwo(Heart land/ Under 17)
3. Sani Keita
4. Haruna Lukman
5. Uche Kalu
6. Yusuf Ayila
7.Taiye Taiwo(No 11 jersey)
8.Isaac Promise(where the hell is he sef?)

1. Osaze odemwengie
2. Obinna Victor Nsofor
3. Obafemi Martins
4. Ikechukwu Uche (No 7 jersey)
5. Ogbuke

4-3-2-1 formation with special regards to wing play.
Team A

AJIBOYE

ODIAH SHITTU YOBO ECHIEJELE

OKORONKWO MIKEL UCHE KALU

IK UCHE NSOFOR
OGBUKE

TEAM B
ENYEAMA

APAM CHIBUZOR SHITTU ECHIEJELE

AYILA LUKMAN PROMISE/KEITA

NSOFOR TAIWO

MARTINS
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by ow11(m): 10:25am On Jan 16, 2010
Coach ow11-

GK - 1   Vincent Enyeama
       12  Dele Aiyenugba
       22  Austin Brown

DF - 2 Joseph Yobo
       3 Angelo Ogbonna
       5 Onyekachi Apam
       6  Dele Adeleye
      13 Chibuzor Okonkwo
      19 ThankGod Ike
      21 Elderson Echiejile

MF - 13  Yusuf Ayila
       14  Seyi Olofinjana
       10  Mikel Obi
       23  Taye Taiwo
       16  Kalu Uche
       20  Dickson Etuhu
        4   Nwankwo Kanu

FW - 7  Chinedu Obasi
        8  Yakubu Aiyegbeni
        9  Obafemi Martins
       11 Osaze Odemwengie
       15 Ikechukwu Uche
       18 Obinna Nsofor

This squad would be my world cup squad 2010. As a coach, I will monitor the fitness of Victor Anichebe and should make the squad ahead of Yakubu if proven to be fit.

Enyeama (C)

Okonkwo             Apam       Yobo        Ogbonna

Olofinjana (Gilberto Silva)

Etuhu (Melo)      Mikel (Ramires)

Odemwengie(Kaka)
                                                           K. Uche (Robinho)                                             
                                    Martins( L. Fabiano)

Compact Midfield with Odemwengie and K.Uche falling back and assisting the midfield in bringing the ball out of defence. They will do a lot of running while Olofinjana screens the defence with his inch perfect tackles. Nothing fancy. . . Just tackle fill in the gaps for Ogbonna or Okonkwo. This team has to overpower Mascherano, Gago and maybe Veron in the Argie midfield. Our players are bigger and would need to be in top physical condition to outmuscle the Argies.

Apam would have to marry Higuain and Messi would be zonal marked as would Tevez. This midfield has to play with their hearts and Mikel has to invoke the spirit of Essien. Yobo wouldn't start against Argentina, It would be Ayila in his spot.

If the game frustrates Messi and Di Maria, and Maradona decides to bring on Zanetti, then Ikechukwu Uche and Obasi have to come on to run at the tired Argentine defensive midfield. replacing Mikel/Etuhu and K.Uche

For the 2012 Nations cup,

The following players should have been tested in friendlies to ascertain their readiness

Obiora Nwankwo
Josiah Maduabuchi
Victor Namo
Rabiu Baita
Nedum Onuoha
King Osanga
Ramon Azeez
Sani Emmanuel
Onyekachi Okonkwo
Rabiu Ibrahim
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 11:30am On Jan 16, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Yes o! Coach Semid4lyfe, the best coach never to coach the Super Eagles is in da house grin

Ol boy, been a coach is not easy o. I've been battling with this 24-man list for the past 30 minutes being that I''ve had to make some changes to my otherwise default list based on some recent happenings and things I now know.

Goalkeepers
Vincent Enyeama
Dele Aiyenugba
Chijike Ejiogu/Greg Etafia

Defenders
Dele Adeleye
Onyekachi Apam
Joseph Yobo
Olubayo Adefemi
Chibuzor Okonkwo
Elderson Echiejile
Taiye Taiwo

Midfielders
John Mikel Obi
Dickson Etuhu
Femi Ajilore
Uche Kalu
Lukman Haruna
Rabiu Ibrahim
King Osanga
Abdul jeleel Ajagun

Attackers
Ikechukwu Uche
Obafemi Martins
Chinedu Obasi Ogbuke
Micheal Eneramo
Osaze Odemwingie
Victor Obinna Nsofor

Standby Players
*Joseph Akpala *Chidi Odiah *Obiorah Nwankwo *Kingsley Udoh *Fortune Chukwudi *Sanni Emannuel *Chrisantus Macauley *Ramon Azeez *Peter Utaka *Obot Etuk

This is the perfect team to take to to world cup IMO. It's a perfect blend of youth and experience. I'm open to questions from the Nairaland sporting press on what informed the choice of these players and how I'll deploy 11 players from these list to prosecute and win all my matches at the world cup grin wink

You mean that Greg Etafia of moroka swallows is good enough to make your worldcup team? the shortest and self confidence lacking goalkeeper?

Chijike Ejiogu (a.k.a Arugbo monkey) is a very nice goalkeeper, i didn't remember his name until i saw him on your list.

most of the players you have on your list are worth it and i like them, but then are they going to be able to blend well before the worldcup? remember that alot of them were tutored under different Nigerian coaches and they were taught different tactics.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 11:35am On Jan 16, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Tokunbo . . . u don dey craze small small grin grin

Him crase pass small. cheesy
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by semid4lyfe(m): 11:35am On Jan 16, 2010
@ ow11
I'm impressed by your team list particularly with  the inclusion of certain home-based players like Ike ThankGod & Chibuzor Okonkwo. However, Victor Brown is not the best goalkeeper in the Nigerian League. . . . . . . . Chijioke Ejioghu is better IMO.

However players like Nedum Onuoha, Angelo Obinze Ogbonna and *Dennis Aogo who have 'dual eligibilty' have not commited themselves to playing for Nigeria so I question their inclusion in the team. I also question the inclusion of Kanu Nwankwo (He's just a waste of space) and Yakubu Aiyegbeni in your team. Having said this, I like your team.

@ Honeric01,
Chijioke Ejioghu is appearing before Greg Etafia. . . . Chijioke Ejioghu/Greg Etafia, this is how I wrote it. , meaning I prefer Chijioke to Greg. However Greg Etafia has consistently won the best goalkeeper award in the South African League and is rated very highly there.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 11:36am On Jan 16, 2010
1forall:

Good thread gone funny, lol!  grin  grin
Couldnt help but ask. . . abeg how does someone mistakenly drink 5 litres of anything. . .LOL!!!!

You self no see how u just dey yarn since?
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 11:40am On Jan 16, 2010
semid4lyfe:

@ Honeric01,
Chijioke Ejioghu is appearing before Greg Etafia. . . . Chijioke Ejioghu/Greg Etafia, this is how I wrote it. , meaning I prefer Chijioke to Greg. However Greg Etafia has consistently won the best goalkeeper award in the South African League and is rated very highly there.

Your list is more than 23 man squad so you are only expected to have a 23 man squad at a go, Greg is a terrible keeper and the south African league sucks big time when it comes to defending and scoring rates. Greg lacks confidence and i watch him like once or twice a month on TV. that guy can't beat 20 goal keepers in our league.

Arugbo monkey is a good keeper and Austin Brown is good too.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 11:41am On Jan 16, 2010
ayusco:

@semid4lyfe nice list but i disagree slightly with your midfield. ayila is our best midfielder rite now plus he brings xperience. in the past i would said a big no no to haruna based on his attitude and work rate but tuesday's disaster showed painfully that we need creative CM whereva we can get them

my 2 kobo

mikel obi
ayila yusuf
olofinjana seyi (for experience and back up for ayila)
dickson etuhu
rabiu ibrahim (untried but worth the risk)
lukman haruna (heard he scored recently for his club if he maintains this good club form then he should go to SA)
kalu uche

agree 100% with your selections for other positions

p.s if obodo is fit and playing well can replace any of rabiu, lukman and kalu who underperforms

Bro, what about your own list? can we see yours?
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 11:47am On Jan 16, 2010
hollandis:

Coach-Hollandis

23 man squad
1. Ajiboye
2. Vincent Enyeama
3. Dele Aiyenuga

Defenders
1. Chidi Odiah
2. Femi Adeleye
3. Danny Shittu
4. Onyekachi Apam
5. Joseph Yobo
6. Elderson Echiejele
7. Chibuzor Okonkwo

1. Mikel Obi
2. Okoronkwo(Heart land/ Under 17)
3. Sani Keita
4. Haruna Lukman
5. Uche Kalu
6. Yusuf Ayila
7.Taiye Taiwo(No 11 jersey)
8.Isaac Promise(where the hell is he sef?)

1. Osaze odemwengie
2. Obinna Victor Nsofor
3. Obafemi Martins
4. Ikechukwu Uche (No 7 jersey)
5. Ogbuke

4-3-2-1 formation with special regards to wing play.
Team A

AJIBOYE

ODIAH SHITTU YOBO ECHIEJELE

OKORONKWO MIKEL UCHE KALU

IK UCHE NSOFOR
OGBUKE

TEAM B
ENYEAMA

APAM CHIBUZOR SHITTU ECHIEJELE

AYILA LUKMAN PROMISE/KEITA

NSOFOR TAIWO

MARTINS

Man, your list is something else, your selection is lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed and your formation na cry cry cry cry

Abeg, let us into why you selected those you selected and how you intend binding them into these strange positions you put these players.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 11:53am On Jan 16, 2010
ow11:

Coach ow11-

GK - 1   Vincent Enyeama
       12  Dele Aiyenugba
       22  Austin Brown

DF - 2 Joseph Yobo
       3 Angelo Ogbonna
       5 Onyekachi Apam
       6  Dele Adeleye
      13 Chibuzor Okonkwo
      19 ThankGod Ike
      21 Elderson Echiejile

MF - 13  Yusuf Ayila
       14  Seyi Olofinjana
       10  Mikel Obi
       23  Taye Taiwo
       16  Kalu Uche
       20  Dickson Etuhu
        4   Nwankwo Kanu

FW - 7  Chinedu Obasi
        8  Yakubu Aiyegbeni
        9  Obafemi Martins
       11 Osaze Odemwengie
       15 Ikechukwu Uche
       18 Obinna Nsofor

This squad would be my world cup squad 2010. As a coach, I will monitor the fitness of Victor Anichebe and should make the squad ahead of Yakubu if proven to be fit.

Enyeama (C)

Okonkwo             Apam       Yobo        Ogbonna

Olofinjana (Gilberto Silva)

Etuhu (Melo)      Mikel (Ramires)

Odemwengie(Kaka)
                                                           K. Uche (Robinho)                                             
                                    Martins( L. Fabiano)

Compact Midfield with Odemwengie and K.Uche falling back and assisting the midfield in bringing the ball out of defence. They will do a lot of running while Olofinjana screens the defence with his inch perfect tackles. Nothing fancy. . . Just tackle fill in the gaps for Ogbonna or Okonkwo. This team has to overpower Mascherano, Gago and maybe Veron in the Argie midfield. Our players are bigger and would need to be in top physical condition to outmuscle the Argies.

Apam would have to marry Higuain and Messi would be zonal marked as would Tevez. This midfield has to play with their hearts and Mikel has to invoke the spirit of Essien. Yobo wouldn't start against Argentina, It would be Ayila in his spot.

If the game frustrates Messi and Di Maria, and Maradona decides to bring on Zanetti, then Ikechukwu Uche and Obasi have to come on to run at the tired Argentine defensive midfield. replacing Mikel/Etuhu and K.Uche

For the 2012 Nations cup,

The following players should have been tested in friendlies to ascertain their readiness

Obiora Nwankwo
Josiah Maduabuchi
Victor Namo
Rabiu Baita
Nedum Onuoha
King Osanga
Ramon Azeez
Sani Emmanuel
Onyekachi Okonkwo
Rabiu Ibrahim

You have 6 months to present a worldcup winning team, i think with your list, you have to play up to 20 friendlies to be able to pick the best 23 man squad from all these players you picked, you have more than 33 players to pick from and all of them are potential starter according to your list so how are you going to blend out a strong 23 man squad who understand eachother and will play according to your instructions? 70% of your squad players are yet to see what the real world look like. (worldcup standard)
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 11:59am On Jan 16, 2010
semid4lyfe:

However players like Nedum Onuoha, Angelo Obinze Ogbonna and *Dennis Aogo who have 'dual eligibilty' have not commited themselves to playing for Nigeria so I question their inclusion in the team.

yes, these players aren't ready to play for Nigeria especially Aogo because he recently pledged to play for Germany and Low promised him a shirt in his squad. Onuoha will never play for Nigeria, has never ever said he was going to play for us, Ogbonna is a player i don't know anything about.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by ow11(m): 12:07pm On Jan 16, 2010
semid4lyfe:

@ ow11
I'm impressed by your team list particularly with  the inclusion of certain home-based players like Ike ThankGod & Chibuzor Okonkwo. However, Victor Brown is not the best goalkeeper in the Nigerian League. . . . . . . . Chijioke Ejioghu is better IMO.

However players like Nedum Onuoha, Angelo Obinze Ogbonna and *Dennis Aogo who have 'dual eligibilty' have not commited themselves to playing for Nigeria so I question their inclusion in the team. I also question the inclusion of Kanu Nwankwo (He's just a waste of space) and Yakubu Aiyegbeni in your team. Having said this, I like your team.

Bassey Akpan, Chijioke Ejiogu and Austin Brown are very good keepers but I picked Brown ahead of Ejiogu due to more experience and he offers a different option. Enyeama and Aiyenugba are the same type of keepers. High eccentricity ratings and tendency to attack corner kicks. Brown is a good shot stopper and has been playing longer than Ejiogu at the top level. Ejiogu's Arugo FC heroics notwithstanding was after Brown's then Eagle Cement FC (now Dolphin) showings.

Did you catch some of Heartland's highlights in the CAF champions league?

Ogbonna should play for the SE, he is in serie B and hasn't got a look in recently in the Italian team unlike Aogo. Onuoha shouldn't be in the squad until he can commit. I think if Ogbonna is invited and doesn't come through, Joseph Eyimofe (U-17 2001) and veteran of continental footie should be tried in that role.

Kanu can be a waste of space sometimes BUT we need a leader in the dressing room as captain Enyeama can't do that yet. Yakubu is a better option than Eneramo BUT a fit Anichebe would make my squad sha.

In your team, I don't understand the rationale behind the presence of Ajagun and Haruna. Would these guys start? You should do a team sheet for the Korea game.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by ow11(m): 12:16pm On Jan 16, 2010
honeric01:

You have 6 months to present a worldcup winning team, i think with your list, you have to play up to 20 friendlies to be able to pick the best 23 man squad from all these players you picked, you have more than 33 players to pick from and all of them are potential starter according to your list so how are you going to blend out a strong 23 man squad who understand eachother and will play according to your instructions? 70% of your squad players are yet to see what the real world look like. (worldcup standard)

The other players listed are after the world cup. My world cup 23 is listed above. The novices are probably Ogbonna and Ike. Ogbonna would try to solve the Taye problem as I do not rate Echiejile that high. I stand to be corrected since I haven't seen a lot of him.

ThankGod Ike showed grit and tenacity in the Champion's league and is a commanding centre-back. His commitment can make him do an Okonkwo in the Olympics.

The remaining 21 have played together before and have been roundly trashed as being lazy. A psychologist and my tendency to disregard big names would light a fire up their a**.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 12:48pm On Jan 16, 2010
ow11:

Kanu can be a waste of space sometimes BUT we need a leader in the dressing room as captain Enyeama can't do that yet. Yakubu is a better option than Eneramo BUT a fit Anichebe would make my squad sha.

Is Enyeama our current captain? i thought it was Kanu and Yobo or am i wrong? undecided

Anichebe is a waste pipe when it comes to the national team, he was in the Olympics and we saw how shitty he was. Eneramo would be preferred to Yakubu and Anichebe because he still has that zeal to improve and to do well in his career unlike Yabuku who feel or thinks he has arrived.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by ow11(m): 12:59pm On Jan 16, 2010
honeric01:

Is Enyeama our current captain? i thought it was Kanu and Yobo or am i wrong? undecided

Anichebe is a waste pipe when it comes to the national team, he was in the Olympics and we saw how shitty he was. Eneramo would be preferred to Yakubu and Anichebe because he still has that zeal to improve and to do well in his career unlike Yabuku who feel or thinks he has arrived.

In my team, Enyeama is captain. Yobo is a disgrace to all zealous and valiant men who wear the arm bands for their countries.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by semid4lyfe(m): 1:11pm On Jan 16, 2010
honeric01:

Anichebe is a waste pipe when it comes to the national team, he was in the Olympics and we saw how shitty he was. .
I agree wholeheartedly with you on what you said about Anichebe. Added to this the guy likes forming landlord with the ball and is fu.c.k.!ng  selfish. He has this I can do it alone and score mentality which I don't like. It's exactly for this reason that I won't even give Stanley Okoro a look in. As for Isaac Promise, he a dead and expired log of wood. He couldn't play well to save his life and I suspect his real age is worrying him seriously.
honeric01:

Eneramo would be preferred to Yakubu and Anichebe  because he still has that zeal to improve and to do well in his career unlike Yabuku who feel or thinks he has arrived
Once again I agree.
honeric01:

Your list is more than 23 man squad so you are only expected to have a 23 man squad at a go, Greg is a terrible keeper and the south African league sucks big time when it comes to defending and scoring rates. Greg lacks confidence and i watch him like once or twice a month on TV. that guy can't beat 20 goal keepers in our league.

Arugbo monkey is a good keeper and Austin Brown is good too.
No problem. Chijioke Ejioghu a.k.a Arugbo Monkey will beat Greg Etafia to the 3rd goalkeeping spot anyway.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by semid4lyfe(m): 1:31pm On Jan 16, 2010
ow11:

Ogbonna would try to solve the Taye problem as I do not rate Echiejile that high. I stand to be corrected since I haven't seen a lot of him.
From the little I know and have seen of Angelo Ogbonna, he's a decent player but I still rate Echiejile above him cos he has played for the S.E before and he's done well on those occasions.
ow11:

ThankGod Ike showed grit and tenacity in the Champion's league and is a commanding centre-back. His commitment can make him do an Okonkwo in the Olympics.
I agree Ike ThankGod is a very fit and athletic player. He's probably the best central defender in our league presently. Little wonder he's rated very highly by the sports journalists who follow the local league. He's a player very much after my heart. Nice Choice!
ow11:

The remaining 21 have played together before and have been roundly trashed as being lazy. A psychologist and my tendency to disregard big names would light a fire up their a**.
The remaining players in your list are okay except for Kanu Nwankwo and Yakubu Aiyegbeni. Once a player has lost it, he has lost it. Kanu has lost it and Yakubu has nothing to offer so there is very little a psychologist can do. I want 23 fit players who can run and cover every single grass on the pitch, mark, close down space and opponents and not players who stroll and jog on the pitch. Kanu and Aiyegbeni, I repeat are just a waste of space. They add nothing to they team. Rather, they subtract from the team.

My team list and formation against Korea coming up. . . . . . . . .  .  . . . watch this thread

This is how a good central defender should look . . . . . Yobo has this sort of physique too. . . . tall, athletic, fit, imposing and commanding. . . . but he's too lazy, prone to errors and doesn't command, control and marshall the back four. Checkout Ike ThakGod. . . . . .Even his name alone will ensure he'll do well grin wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Senegal: AFCON Int'l Friendly Sunday, 16th June, / Johan Cruyff: Netherlands Great Dies Of Cancer Aged 68 / Manchester United: Carrick To Step Down As First Team Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.