Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,512 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. (13603 Views)

List Of Super Eagles Squad for Egypt Game / Emenike Rejects Invitation Back To The Super Eagles Squad / Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 3:13am On Apr 03, 2010
With the appointment of a new coach, unearthing of new players and axing of some old players, would anyone want to edit his/her list? If you're yet to come up with your team squad, you still have the chance to, who knows, your list might come out to be the final list from the head coach called largerbeer.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by Iyineda(m): 3:48pm On Apr 03, 2010
Well, I'm not too sure we are going to see that many changes in the squad for SA 2010. Lagerback isn't going to revolutionize much in terms of squad depth. It's only the tactical aspects that are going to vary. Any how, here my final list, the one I believe is closest to becoming reality in just over a month from now.

Iyineda:

FULL SQUAD:
Goal keepers
1. Enyeama
12. Etafia
22. Aiyenugba

Defenders
2. Yobo
3. Taiwo
5. Onuoha
6. Adeleye
14. Odibe
16. Afolabi
21. Echiejile
23. Apam

Midfielders
10. Mikel
13. Ayila
17. Ajilore
18. Nsofor
19. Haruna
20. Etuhu

Forwards
4. Kanu
7. Obasi
8. Yakubu
9. Martins
11. Osaze
15. I.Uche

I don't see more than 4 changes occuring in my proposed list.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 4:35pm On Apr 03, 2010
My new list. cool

here is my worldcup winning team for SA 2010

goalkeepers:

Vincent Enyeama
Oladele Aiyenugba
Austin Ejide

Defenders:

Chubuizor Okonkwo
Dele Adeleye
Onyekachi Apam
Danny Shittu

Chidi Odiah
Ederson Echiejile
Fortune Chukwudi

Midfielders:

Rabiu Ibrahim
Mikel Obi
Ajilore
Osas Ideyen
Taiye Taiwo
Osaze odewingie

Strikers:
Peter Utaka
Obafemi Martins
Nsofor
I.K Uche
Mike Eneramo
Obasi Obuke
Hamed Musa

Formation should be 4:3:3

line up should be :

Enyeama

Chidi Odiah Joseph Yobo Dele Adeleye Ederson Echiejile

Osaze odewingie Mikel Obi Taiye Taiwo

Obasi Obuke I.K Uche Obafemi Martins

Option B:

Will rely on wing play, change formation to 4:4:2

Enyeama

Chidi Odiah Joseph Yobo Danny shittu Dele Adeleye Taiye Taiwo

Mikel Obi Yusuf Ayila for Ajilore

Obasi Obuke Osaze odewingie

I.K Uche Obafemi Martins

More explanation to do later.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by Iyineda(m): 9:50pm On Apr 03, 2010
Enyeama

Onuoha             Apam                Adeleye             Taiwo

Mikel               Ajilore

Osaze                                                   Nsofor

I.Uche            Martins
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by Kgdavid(m): 3:12pm On Apr 05, 2010
Enyeama

obafemi/Onuoha yobo/adeleye shittu/apam taiwo/echiejile

Mikel/Etuhu/Ayila/Olofinjana
Haruna/Ajilore Odemwingie

i.uche
nsofor/ martins
eneramo/anichebe

typical 442 formation which i feel would work best for nigeria. in defense i have gone for a combination of one of yobo/adeleye and one of shittu/apam because yobo and adeleye are too similar to play at the same time. the same thing applies for shittu and apam. the best combination would be to use Adeleye and Apam as they have been playing together since youth level they should have a good understanding and must have gained experience by now.out at right back, its nedum onuoha if he plays for us. otherwise, preferably adefemi as he plays in a much more superior league to yusuf and therefore should be more experienced. on the left it is between taiwo and echiejile but i think taye is the man. in the middle i suggest we accept reality and begin to use mikel in a holding role not necessarily as a defensive midfielder but more as a deep lying play maker with ajilore just ahead of him and coming back to support him. i've gone for osaze out on the left because we know he can use his left foot to put in some dangerous crosses, uche is on the right so as to use his pace and skills to beat his man and penetrate the opponents right flank. up front it will be a combination of the skillful second striker and the tall strong target man. martins and nsofor fall into the category of second strikers while eneramo and anichebe are classic centre forwards(target men).

plan b
defence remains unchanged

midfield now looks like

Mikel Etuhu/Olofinjana/Ayila
Uche haruna/Ibrahim Odemwingie

Martins

this is the sort of formation i expect to be used against teams with good attacking qualities.
i would bring in another DM in the form of either Etuhu or Olofinjana preferably olofinjana as he he is a better passer than Etuhu. this sort of formation requires your attackers to be quick clever players who can play quick short passes and create space.

notice that i have excluded Sani Kaita because although he is very hardworking he does not have any technical ability.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by ow11(m): 5:01pm On Apr 05, 2010
Kgdavid:

notice that i have excluded Sani Kaita because although he is very hardworking he does not have any technical ability.

Please could you explain to the not so enlightened ones amongst us (me inclusive) what TECHNICAL ABILITY means?
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by Iyineda(m): 6:29pm On Apr 05, 2010
^^^ He means Sani Kaita couldn't dribble past a 2 year old girl even if his life depended on it.

Oh, also, the guy cannot "trap" a ball in a million years. I still weep at ANC 2010 images of his technical mediocrity. It seemed like every pass from a teammate was a challenge.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by Iyineda(m): 6:43pm On Apr 05, 2010
I've watched a couple of videos on Afolabi (Salzburg, Austria). He looks like a very good defender. Neat arial abilities. That could help. *included in my list above replacing Okonkwo*
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by semid4lyfe(m): 8:53pm On Apr 05, 2010
Any Super Eagles line-up without Sanni Kaita is CRAP and should be disregarded!
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by Iyineda(m): 9:37pm On Apr 05, 2010
^^^ . . . And one wonders why our football isn't making any progress. . .

I really hope that was a joke to bait people like me.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by Kgdavid(m): 12:23am On Apr 06, 2010
iyineda ur right on point. not only can he not dribble or trap a ball properly, he is quite a poor passer of the ball.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by 12large: 4:38am On Apr 06, 2010
ow11 he means keita is simply useless, that guy keita and mohammed are two useless players. the two of them takes 3 touches for ball control alone, the cannot shoot or even pass the ball 4 yards without jumping up. did someone just said a nigeria team without keita is rubbish, my brother God punish you i would take
ramon azeez
obiora nwankwo
obi mikel
ayila
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by Kgdavid(m): 11:18am On Apr 06, 2010
you know you just raised a serious point. why is it that not one of our regular midfielders can shoot?? those on the fringes like ajilore and haruna are reasonable but the first teamers are all crap at it
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by snakova(m): 11:48am On Apr 08, 2010
Goalkeepers:
Enyeama
Ejide
AIyenugba

Defenders:
Odibe
Adeleye
Yobo
Apam
Onuoha
Okonkwo
Taiwo
Echeijile

Midfielders:
Mikel
Haruna
Kaita
Ibrahim
Ajilore
Kalu Uche/Yak

Attackers:
Odems
Obasi
Obagoal
Nsofor
Kanu
Ik Uche

4-2-1-3 or 4-1-2-3 or 4-2-3-1. Mikel always with the 2.
Enyeama

Okonkwo/Onuoha yobo/adeleye Odibe/apam taiwo/echiejile

Mikel/kaita//Ibrahim/Ajilore
Haruna/Kalu Uche Odemwingie/Nsofor

i.uche/Obasi

Kanu/Martins/Yak
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by snakova(m): 12:03pm On Apr 08, 2010
Kaita is sluggish, drab and so unentertaining. But he somehow managed both sia1 silver winning teams and put up a disciplined display at the ANC. He did better than Etuhu and the lot in D4. Kanu is still a match winner, the reason he continues to feature as match winner for an EPL side. THe Yak remains the EPL '2nd best foreigner' Yak.I am sure Lagerback would trim down his team to 23 after the colombia friendly,so the final 23 out of 45 would know their status after, not before, the game. Lagerback is an astute gaffer who i feel would be fair in his judgement. My list would most probably be final barring any unforseen circumstances (injuries e.t.c). Ibrahim may not cut it.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by ow11(m): 4:03pm On Apr 09, 2010
@Iyineda

Since we both agree that technical ability has to do with mechanics of game or should I say rudimentary skills of the game, How can you explain away the movement that led to Nigeria's second goal against Mozambique?

Let me remind you incase you have forgotten

[flash=410,281]http://rd3.videos.sapo.pt/play?file=http://rd3.videos.sapo.pt/rnLeBI29jSdzYzWGh6w1/mov/1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="410" height="281" allowFullScreen="true"></embed>[/flash]

Yakubu received that pass from Kaita and I think someone with very poor technical ability would find it difficult to give passes greater than 5 metres.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 4:47pm On Apr 09, 2010
Kaita is one of our best 4, he plays similar to yaya toure, all he needs to do is to go learn how to shoot the ball, i won't do away with him in our new eagles.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by Kgdavid(m): 1:29am On Apr 12, 2010
sorry sir, kaita is nothing like yahya toure. he looks like him in terms of physique and thats were the similarity ends.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by 12large: 4:27am On Apr 12, 2010
kaita a useless player with no techical skills,passing ability whatsoever is called nigeria best 4 you must be mad
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 7:10am On Apr 12, 2010
i dont have to argue with you because we all have what we look out for in a player and what i see in kaita might not be seen by others, i maintain that kaita is very similar to yaya but faster.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by Kgdavid(m): 10:37am On Apr 12, 2010
pls go on youtube and watch yahya toures videos before you compare the two. surely there is a reason y one is one playin at a small club and is in and out for his country while the other is a regular at the worlds best club and a definite starter for his country?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXvcSz1-piQ&feature=fvst

pls watch
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 9:52am On Apr 14, 2010
Kgdavid:

pls go on youtube and watch yahya toures videos before you compare the two. surely there is a reason y one is one playin at a small club and is in and out for his country while the other is a regular at the worlds best club and a definite starter for his country?

pls watch

just because Yaya plays for Barcelona does not mean anyone that does not play in big clubs can't be compared to them, Is Chidi Odiah not better than O'shea? yet o'shea plays for Man U and odia plays for Cska Moscow, you see how unrealistic your comparison is?

Anyways, what i was trying to say about Kaita playing similarly to Yaya is because of the way he stamps his strenght in the middle of the park, he's very stable, also almost as big as Yaya and works as a warhorse unlike the rest DM we have. Geddit now? i ain't talking about if he's better than Yaya, I'm only comparing his similarities.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by Kgdavid(m): 4:22pm On Apr 14, 2010
point im making is that in international football you have to be more talented than being simply built like a rock. etuhu is nigerias best DM in my opinion. i watched some minutes of the fulham vs liverpool game at the weekend and he was really impressive. he kept winning the ball and hardly ever lost possesion. what etuhu lacks is drive
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 4:33pm On Apr 15, 2010
Etuhu in the SE jersey is a waste of space compared to kaita, i prefer to etuhu, tell me, what skills does yaya have apart from being strong and good at taking shots?
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by 12large: 5:00pm On Apr 15, 2010
honeric01 keita is useless period, so out of all the dms you want to compare a technical player like yaya to someone that takes 4 toches just to control ball.i will say it again the future of nigeria dm lies in the hands of ramon azeez or obiora nwankwo
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by Kgdavid(m): 5:12pm On Apr 15, 2010
toure is physically dominant, can drive forward and dribble well, can shoot, uses good technique when passing, come on the guy is extremely good.
kaita on the other hand is only good at chasing the ball
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 5:55pm On Apr 18, 2010
Utaka gets Nigeria recall

Posted: 2010-04-18 17:23

Portsmouth's John Utaka, FC Zurich's Onyekachi Okonkwo and Salzburg's Rabiu Afolabi have been handed Nigeria recalls by Technical Adviser Lars Lagerback.

Outside of that, there were no surprises in Lagerback's list of 44, released by the NFF on Sunday, with only three players getting first time call ups.

Advocates of more players from the domestic league would be placated after the Swede included six players from the Nigeria Premier League, led by top scorer Ahmed Musa.

But there was no place for out-of-form fullback Chibuzor Okonkwo, who has been upstaged in the home-based Super Eagles team by the impressive Terna Suswan of Lobi Stars.

Rising midfielder Rabiu Ibrahim's lack of club action also counted against him, as he was not included. But Haruna Lukman, who has locked down a place in the Monaco midfield, gets a chance to impress the new coach in camp.

The players are to report to camp in the United Kingdom from April 27 and 28.

FULL LIST:

Goalkeepers: Vincent Enyeama (Hapoel Tel Aviv, Israel), Dele Aiyenugba (Bnei Yehuda, Israel), Austin Ejide (Hapoel Petah Tikva, Israel), Greg Etafia (Moroka Swallows, South Africa) and Bassey Akpan (Bayelsa United, Nigeria)

Defenders: Taye Taiwo (Olympique Marseille, France), Elderson Echiejile (Rennes, France), Chidi Odiah (CSKA Moscow, Russia), Onyekachi Apam (OG Nice, France), Olubayo Adefemi (US Boulogne, France), Joseph Yobo (Everton, England), Daniel Shittu (Bolton Wanderers, England), Ayodele Adeleye (Sparta Rotterdam, Netherlands), Michael Odibe (Siena, Italy), Sam Sodje (Charlton Athletic, England), Rabiu Afolabi (SV Salzburg, Austria) and Terna Suswan (Lobi Stars, Nigeria)

Midfielders/Forwards: Yakubu Aiyegbeni, Victor Anichebe (Everton, England), Chinedu Obasi (TSG Hoffenheim, Germany), Nwankwo Kanu, John Utaka (Portsmouth, England), Obafemi Martins (Wolfsburg, Germany), Brown Ideye (FC Sochaux, France), Femi Ajilore (Groningen, Netherlands), Joseph Akpala (FC Brugge, Belgium), Peter Utaka (Odense Boldklub, Denmark), Michael Eneramo (Esperance, Tunisia), Ikechukwu Uche (Real Zaragoza, Spain), Obinna Nsofor (Malaga, Spain), Kalu Uche (Almeria, Spain), Dickson Etuhu (Fulham, England), Mikel Obi (Chelsea, England), Sani Kaita (Alaniya, Russia), Haruna Lukman (AS Monaco, France), Yusuf Ayila (Dynamo Kiev, Ukraine), Osaze Odemwingie (Lokomotiv Moscow, Russia), Seyi Olofinjana (Hull City, England), Onyekachi Okonkwo (FC Zurich, Switzerland), Omatsone Aluko (Aberdeen, Scotland), Gabriel Reuben (Enyimba, Nigeria), Ahmed Musa, Solomon Okpako (Kano Pillars, Nigeria), Bartholomew Ibenegbu (Heartland FC).

http://kickoffnigeria.com/news/14936/utaka-gets-nigeria-recall.php
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 6:03pm On Apr 18, 2010
12large:

honeric01 keita is useless period, so out of all the dms you want to compare a technical player like yaya to someone that takes 4 toches just to control ball.i will say it again the future of nigeria dm lies in the hands of ramon azeez or obiora nwankwo

Kgdavid:

toure is physically dominant, can drive forward and dribble well, can shoot, uses good technique when passing, come on the guy is extremely good.
kaita on the other hand is only good at chasing the ball

Una ranting is not needed, Kaita was included in the 45 man list, if he can out-space the rest 4s on the list, then he's good to be at the world cup, let see if he would be 1 out of the probably 3 DM Lagerbeer would take to SA.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by Iyineda(m): 6:43pm On Apr 18, 2010
honeric01:

FULL LIST:

Goalkeepers: Vincent Enyeama (Hapoel Tel Aviv, Israel), Dele Aiyenugba (Bnei Yehuda, Israel), Austin Ejide (Hapoel Petah Tikva, Israel), Greg Etafia (Moroka Swallows, South Africa) and Bassey Akpan (Bayelsa United, Nigeria)

Defenders: Taye Taiwo (Olympique Marseille, France), Elderson Echiejile (Rennes, France), Chidi Odiah (CSKA Moscow, Russia), Onyekachi Apam (OG Nice, France), Olubayo Adefemi (US Boulogne, France), Joseph Yobo (Everton, England), Daniel Shittu (Bolton Wanderers, England), Ayodele Adeleye (Sparta Rotterdam, Netherlands), Michael Odibe (Siena, Italy), Sam Sodje (Charlton Athletic, England), Rabiu Afolabi (SV Salzburg, Austria) and Terna Suswan (Lobi Stars, Nigeria)

Midfielders/Forwards: Yakubu Aiyegbeni, Victor Anichebe (Everton, England), Chinedu Obasi (TSG Hoffenheim, Germany), Nwankwo Kanu, John Utaka (Portsmouth, England), Obafemi Martins (Wolfsburg, Germany), Brown Ideye (FC Sochaux, France), Femi Ajilore (Groningen, Netherlands), Joseph Akpala (FC Brugge, Belgium), Peter Utaka (Odense Boldklub, Denmark), Michael Eneramo (Esperance, Tunisia), . . .

. . . Ikechukwu Uche (Real Zaragoza, Spain), Obinna Nsofor (Malaga, Spain), Kalu Uche (Almeria, Spain), Dickson Etuhu (Fulham, England), Mikel Obi (Chelsea, England), Sani Kaita (Alaniya, Russia), Haruna Lukman (AS Monaco, France), Yusuf Ayila (Dynamo Kiev, Ukraine), Osaze Odemwingie (Lokomotiv Moscow, Russia), Seyi Olofinjana (Hull City, England), Onyekachi Okonkwo (FC Zurich, Switzerland), Omatsone Aluko (Aberdeen, Scotland), Gabriel Reuben (Enyimba, Nigeria), Ahmed Musa, Solomon Okpako (Kano Pillars, Nigeria), Bartholomew Ibenegbu (Heartland FC).

Final 23-man squad in bold colours. cool

Starting XI:
Enyeama; Apam, Yobo, Adeleye, Taiwo; Obasi, Mikel, Ajilore, Osaze; I.Uche, Yakubu.

*** UPDATED ***
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 8:01pm On Apr 18, 2010
Iyineda:

Final 23-man squad in bold colours. cool

Starting XI:
Enyeama; Apam, Sodje, Adeleye, Taiwo; Obasi, Mikel, Ajilore, Osaze; I.Uche, Yakubu.

Well, it's your own list, not larger beer or mine, Taiwo, Sodje, Ajilore and Yakubu won't make my starting XI
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by Iyineda(m): 10:47pm On Apr 18, 2010
I replaced Sodje with Yobo in my starting XI. If not, I really do hope that Lagerback's team is going to be composed of at least 7 of the player's I've listed.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by SleekReek(m): 4:01pm On May 02, 2010
FULL LIST Going to World cup:

Goalkeepers: Vincent Enyeama (Hapoel Tel Aviv, Israel), Dele Aiyenugba (Bnei Yehuda, Israel), Greg Etafia (Moroka Swallows, South Africa)

Defenders: Taye Taiwo (Olympique Marseille, France), Elderson Echiejile (Rennes, France), Chidi Odiah (CSKA Moscow, Russia), Onyekachi Apam (OG Nice, France),Joseph Yobo (Everton, England), Ayodele Adeleye (Sparta Rotterdam, Netherlands), Michael Odibe (Siena, Italy), Daniel Shittu

Midfielders/Forwards: Chinedu Obasi (TSG Hoffenheim, Germany), Nwankwo Kanu, John Utaka (Portsmouth, England), Obafemi Martins (Wolfsburg, Germany), Peter Utaka (Odense Boldklub, Denmark), Ikechukwu Uche (Real Zaragoza, Spain), Sani Kaita, Kalu Uche (Almeria, Spain), Dickson Etuhu (Fulham, England), Mikel Obi (Chelsea, England), Russia), Haruna Lukman (AS Monaco, France), Osaze Odemwingie (Lokomotiv Moscow, Russia), Switzerland).

On StandBy

Joseph Akpala (FC Brugge, Belgium),
Austin Ejide (Hapoel Petah Tikva, Israel),
Rabiu Afolabi (SV Salzburg, Austria)
Femi Ajilore (Groningen, Netherlands)
Sam Sodje (Charlton Athletic, England),
Victor Anichebe (Everton, England),
Yusuf Ayila (Dynamo Kiev, Ukraine),

Coach Sleek Reek.(Starting Eleven against Argentina)

Vincent Enyeama

Joseph Yobo              Daniel Shittu            Ayodele Adeleye               Taye Taiwo

Mikel Obi                             
           Osaze Odemewigwe                                  Dickson Etuhu                                                                                                   

Kanu Nwankwo

Peter Utaka                    Obafemi Martins     

Dickson Etuhu's job will be to cover for Taiwo whenever he goes forward and prevent deadly passes from the Argentine Midfield,Mikel Obi will protect the back four and also distribute passes to the forwards.I put a Shittu and Ayodele in the central paring because of there aggressiveness and work rate but i will warn them to be wary of needless tackles in the 18 yard box.Yobo is more experienced to play from the right back because in the central he may cause some deadly errors that may lead to a penalty.Kanu will sit behind the two forwards,who are also aggressive and sharp goal poachers and only need visionary passes to get goals,this is what Kanu will provide,besides he will also break up the flow of the Argentine midfield play by constant fouls that will be committed on him.

My goal is to get the goals quick while keeping it tight defensively.In  the second half,Kalu Uche will come in for Kanu and Ike Uche will come in for Peter Utaka later,then depending on the scores,if we are winning i will change Osaze and bring in Sanni Kaita,though not too skillfull but does the dirty work well like Garba Lawal,if it's a draw or we are loosing,i will instruct Taiwo not to forage forward again but will instruct that all the defensive right and left backs should sit deep,then i will change Etuhu and bring in Chinedu Obasi.It all depends on the game plan, i may opt to bring in Echiejile for Osaze and move Taiwo forward to the left wing to provide the deadly crosses and shorts and have Mikel and Etuhu cover the back four in the middle of the park.Zonal marking is what i will use to curtail Messi,Tevez, and Veron,Shittu has proven over time that he can mark out any striker though i will work on his stamina,though in the case of tiredness,i will bring in Onyekachi Apam,change Kanu for Kalu and bring in Ike Uche for Peter Utaka.

For Enyeama i will work on his handling of corners,and set pieces,on the defenders i will work on them not giving away free kicks around the 18yard box,for the Midfielders there passes and crosses for Osaze/Obasi/Utaka who may fill in the winger position,for the wing back-recovery is very vital with an understanding between the central defence and the defensive midfielders to cover up quickly when they go forward,for the strikers i will work on the shooting technique intelligent placement is more accurate than brute power in shots.I believe my jokers in this tournament will be Peter Utaka,Ike Uche,Kanu Nwankwo and Chinedu Obasi.This is my thought,i'm not an expert but at best this is what i came up with.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Senegal: AFCON Int'l Friendly Sunday, 16th June, / Johan Cruyff: Netherlands Great Dies Of Cancer Aged 68 / Manchester United: Carrick To Step Down As First Team Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.