Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,438 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) (43965 Views)

My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them / American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) / "I Am Too Beautiful To Do House Chores" - Nigerian Woman. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) by Psoul(m): 2:39pm On May 26, 2017
Those guys saying a No..No to a man helping his wife do house chores are probably bachelors or irresponsible men. If u are still a bachelor and you are saying "over ur dead body will u do house chores for ur wife", just wait till the time comes, u won't kw wen u start doing dem unless u are an irresponsible man.

The only time u can say that u may not do it is when you are such a very busy business man dat is hardly at home and your wife is also ver busy that two of u are hardly at home and you have enough house helps that do all ur domestic works. But if you have time to wash your own cloth but can't wash your wife's own, u are wicked.
Re: Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) by donqx: 2:48pm On May 26, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) by ImaIma1(f): 2:54pm On May 26, 2017
Water101:
My husband does this even when am not pregnant.and i respect him for that.a loving man will do this over and over again.

The post only shows that men help only pregnant wives and guys here are still saying it's foolishness. Pregnant or not pregnant i enjoy much more. Men are brought up in different ways and different mindsets about family life. They dont see it as foolishness

1 Like

Re: Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 26, 2017
Nma27:
I have one in my compound that washes his baby's clothes and pots. The truth is, his wife is more busy than d guy. He always home. Anyway, what a woman can do, a man can also do... grin

Is that the kind of man you want to marry ?
Re: Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) by Sunsets: 3:41pm On May 26, 2017
Wrong caption: "Men that do house chores for THEIR WIVES..." Who told you that women or wives are the owners of house chores? IT SHOULD BE CAPTIONED, "MEN WHO DO HOUSE CHORES"
darbeelicous:
men that do house chores for their wives like this what do you call it....... Love or Juju??
Re: Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) by ICEMAN(m): 4:09pm On May 26, 2017
Fucking BS. Tell the housegirl to do it. Bitches be watching too much of fake western tv.
Re: Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) by chizobam7(f): 4:20pm On May 26, 2017
Can't u people see in both pictures that they are both pregnant.. What's wrong with taking care of ur wife when she's pregnant.. Nigerians and their mentality
Re: Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) by QueenBeeQBQ: 4:22pm On May 26, 2017
nattyhero:
For me its no big deal, after all both of them live in the house, i wash my kids clothes once a while, and even if my wife's own is among i wash all it takes nothing from me., I personally hate seeing unwashed dishes in the sink, so i tidy them whenever i see the kitchen that way. For me not to forget my kids insist i bath them before they go to school every morning (aged 4 and 6) Before some over sabi pl go begin call me mugu i tight pass una.Bad as in bad i have 2 cars. I flex tight, come back home whenever its conducive but i wont sleep out without a very tight excuse. if you love ur family u will help ur madam do some chores. Hala Madrid shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Thank you so much for this. I want to let you guys in to a secret that's not so secret: A lot of men do the house chores together with their wives now. It's not because they're stupid, it's mostly out of love and compassion for their wives. It's one of the secrets of their happy marriage. It's also one of the numerous reasons why, when you see them in public, you keep admiring their wives and wish that yours was more like theirs. "Oga" it's because they're not wearing her out, because like we all know, house chores have no end, only continuation.
Also times are changing. Didn't you do all these so called "women's work" yourself, when you were in school? So please chill, live and let's live. Do unto others, what you wish to be done to you. That's all.
P. S: Ladies don't take advantage of this and become arrogant or lazy. We're still in Africa, that he's doing this is because he's enlightened, not stupid. Just appreciate and keep praying for him.

On a lighter note, check out my signature and posts for your skin care solutions...

1 Like

Re: Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) by WaZoBiaLander: 4:39pm On May 26, 2017
CreamyMoltenLar:
Yes I would. There's nothing belittling about preparing food or cleaning one's environment. I don't understand why people have this backward mentality about chores. Yes, if I had my way I'd rather fix a light bulb or troubleshoot a computer malfunction or fix a car problem, but that doesn't mean I'm incapable of cooking or keeping a clean environment. Both sexes instinctively gravitate towards certain tasks and I guess doing 'female chores' is considered demeaning because we perceive all things feminine inferior to all things masculine. That's why a girl wouldn't be derided for wielding a spanner and getting grimy working under the hood of a car while her guy is busy watching movies, but the image of a man rolling amala while his wife watches telemundo is enough to induce trauma. I don't subscribe to the whole male supremacy crap, I believe everybody should do what they're most comfortable with. If the woman is a mechanical and technological guru and the guy is a wizard in the kitchen, then I say live and let live. Enough of this 13th century ignorance

THERE ARE SOME PEOPLE WHO WOULD WRITE OR COMMENT ON NAIRALAND AND I'D WISH WE HAVE HUNDREDS OF THEM HERE ON NL. YOU'RE ONE OF SUCH PEOPLE.
YOU'VE SAID IT ALL, REASONABLE AND MATURE COMMENT.

2 Likes

Re: Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) by Sammmypoko(m): 4:50pm On May 26, 2017
As long as she is preggy no biggie..
Re: Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) by ImaIma1(f): 5:30pm On May 26, 2017
CreamyMoltenLar:
Yes I would. There's nothing belittling about preparing food or cleaning one's environment. I don't understand why people have this backward mentality about chores. Yes, if I had my way I'd rather fix a light bulb or troubleshoot a computer malfunction or fix a car problem, but that doesn't mean I'm incapable of cooking or keeping a clean environment. Both sexes instinctively gravitate towards certain tasks and I guess doing 'female chores' is considered demeaning because we perceive all things feminine inferior to all things masculine. That's why a girl wouldn't be derided for wielding a spanner and getting grimy working under the hood of a car while her guy is busy watching movies, but the image of a man rolling amala while his wife watches telemundo is enough to induce trauma. I don't subscribe to the whole male supremacy crap, I believe everybody should do what they're most comfortable with. If the woman is a mechanical and technological guru and the guy is a wizard in the kitchen, then I say live and let live. Enough of this 13th century ignorance

Who is this guy? If not that I am off the market, I would have gravitated towards your side.

1 Like

Re: Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) by seunfape(m): 5:46pm On May 26, 2017
That 2ND girl go be Uganda couple
Re: Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 26, 2017
ImaIma1:
Who is this guy? If not that I am off the market, I would have gravitated towards your side.
wink
Re: Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) by ImaIma1(f): 6:37pm On May 26, 2017
CreamyMoltenLar:
wink

You need to organize a seminar to lecture some of the guys here on a lot of things and help change their mindsets towards how they view women, property and money. Please do it for their wives or future wives
Re: Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 26, 2017
ImaIma1:
You need to organize a seminar to lecture some of the guys here on a lot of things and help change their mindsets towards how they view women, property and money. Please do it for their wives or future wives
To be fair you're asking them to do something that will likely cause them ridicule from their peers, families and even members of the society. I remember reading a lady's comment once, where she said she walked in on her elder brother sweeping his house while his fiancée was sleeping and she was threatening to 'report' the issue to her mum. You need to see the way girls were insulting the guy and accusing the girl of witchcraft. It goes way beyond simply telling guys to change their mentality. The society itself scorns men caught doing domestic chores when there's a lady present. Have you ever looked at a guy and said "what are you doing in the kitchen?" or "heyah, you really need a wife so you can stop patronizing mamaput?" That's the ingrained notion that such things aren't manly coming to play. What if one day your man says you should relax and watch African Magic while he sweeps the house and cooks lunch and your church members pay you a surprise visit? I'm pretty sure you won't put your feet up and invite them to join you while your man 'slaves' away. Its a societal problem.
Re: Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) by londoner: 7:20pm On May 26, 2017
Jayk1:
couldn't have agreed more but u must realize that
1. This is africa where it is believed that women should take care of the family no matter how busy they are
2. The man has an ego which adopting the female role makes him appear less of a man

...well for me i don't find anything wrong in assisting with the chores bt cant stand the role shift

I understand that but Africa needs to be able to progress along with the needs of its people. African men got used to women also working and earning money and they don't feel less of a man in that case in fact now many will refuse to marry a woman that does a not work or have a business at all that generates some income. Also those women don't feel 'less of a woman' because they are doing what was traditionally a 'man's job'.

When African men truly put the family unit above them as individuals it will not only be easy but natural to do 'role shift' as you call it but 'role progression/adaptation' as I term it.

1 Like

Re: Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) by ImaIma1(f): 8:12pm On May 26, 2017
CreamyMoltenLar:
To be fair you're asking them to do something that will likely cause them ridicule from their peers, families and even members of the society. I remember reading a lady's comment once, where she said she walked in on her elder brother sweeping his house while his fiancée was sleeping and she was threatening to 'report' the issue to her mum. You need to see the way girls were insulting the guy and accusing the girl of witchcraft. It goes way beyond simply telling guys to change their mentality. The society itself scorns men caught doing domestic chores when there's a lady present. Have you ever looked at a guy and said "what are you doing in the kitchen?" or "heyah, you really need a wife so you can stop patronizing mamaput?" That's the ingrained notion that such things aren't manly coming to play. What if one day your man says you should relax and watch African Magic while he sweeps the house and cooks lunch and your church members pay you a surprise visit? I'm pretty sure you won't put your feet up and invite them to join you while your man 'slaves' away. Its a societal problem.

I understand it will take more than a mindset change. I have enjoyed such treat ment but I do not take it for granted. May God help us all.
Re: Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) by Josephwyse(m): 8:12pm On May 26, 2017
He is just doing his work it is not only for women but ladies dont capitalize on it that you man must do the house chores just do your best if he loves you he will help
Re: Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 26, 2017
ImaIma1:
I understand it will take more than a mindset change. I have enjoyed such treat ment but I do not take it for granted. May God help us all.
Lucky you. Hope you're taking care of oga
Re: Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 26, 2017
cruchenuti:

Is that the kind of man you want to marry ?
I want a man who can't help with the house chores when I'm too tired or worn out to do so... Only to our privacy sha. Can't tolerate my man doing such chores for outsiders to see.
Re: Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 26, 2017
Nma27:
I want a man who can't help with the house chores when I'm too tired or worn out to do so... Only to our privacy sha. Can't tolerate my man doing such chores for outsiders to see.

Hahaha. So you do care what people will think of you. So you scared of them saying you used jazz on your husband grin. Well...I don't mind you using jazz for me o.
Re: Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) by lashorrt(f): 7:51am On May 27, 2017
ebuclassic18:

as slay queen tinz
grin
Re: Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) by uzoormah(m): 8:26am On May 27, 2017
Oyindidi:
My man don wash my stained pants before. Him no die.

u sure?
DAT one na narrow escape
Re: Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) by Oyindidi(f): 8:32am On May 27, 2017
uzoormah:

u sure?
DAT one na narrow escape
Lol, narrow escape from what?
Re: Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) by Afonjashapmouth: 9:03am On May 27, 2017
Oyindidi:
Lol, narrow escape from what?

u no dey sleep abi?
Re: Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) by Oyindidi(f): 9:05am On May 27, 2017
Afonjashapmouth:

u no dey sleep abi?
I dey sleep, I sleep like small pikin last night. Too tired.

Good morning sharpmouth
Re: Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) by Afonjashapmouth: 9:15am On May 27, 2017
Oyindidi:
I dey sleep, I sleep like small pikin last night. Too tired.

Good morning sharpmouth

hit me up nah
Re: Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) by Oyindidi(f): 9:16am On May 27, 2017
Afonjashapmouth:

hit me up nah
Done
Re: Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) by Tedassie(m): 9:32am On May 27, 2017
kakaG:

It all depends.

Most men prefer to clean areas that concerns them within the house like equipments in the sitting room, handle minor electrical/carpentry issues et al.

Also some men over the week will want to do their laundry and in doing that, will also do some of thier wife's and kids too.

However, when it comes to scrubbing the floor, doing dishes and other women related chores when the woman isn't preggy, especially if it is regular you're either a mugu or juju at work.

Besides,the moment you start doing these, the woman will take advantage and expect you to do so always.

Some women are Carloscallous man!
Re: Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) by Tedassie(m): 9:35am On May 27, 2017
uju22:
yes this is LOVE LOVE LOVE. ,no two aways
Happy birthday!!
Re: Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) by sekundosekundo: 9:39am On May 27, 2017
timilinda:

So women that have circular jobs should be called "dicks". After all, it's a man's duty to provide for the home.

Deep.

1 Like

Re: Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) by Tedassie(m): 9:41am On May 27, 2017
Water101:
My husband does this even when am not pregnant.and i respect him for that.a loving man will do this over and over again.
hmm...and why would you knowingly LET him "over and over again"?

Just asking o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Gets Scolded By His Young Daughter After He Went To Marry Another Lady (vid) / Marriage Gone Wrong / Olofinkua Theresa Omowunmi Is Missing..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.