Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad (27372 Views)

Buhari: 1966 Coup, Counter-Coup, I Was All In It, Says PMB / So Embarrassing And Deluding, Every Yorubaman Claiming Lagos / In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by pazienza(m): 7:49pm On Jun 01, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

Zik connived with Ahmadu Bello and Balewa

Who was the VP of Shagari? Ekwueme

Nzeribe spearheaded the annulment of June 12

Daniel Kanu organised 1m man match for Abacha

In 1999, who voted for OBJ alongside the North? SE

So who has been in alliance with the North? Be the objective judge.

1. Awolowo and Akintola out of treachery connived to scam Azikiwe and NCNC and were rightly punished for their political naivety packaged as sufferstication. https://www.nairaland.com/3780719/politics-first-coalition-govt-nigeria

2. Who was Awolowo VP in 1979? Who won more than 70% of votes in Imo and Anambra states in the 1979 presidential elections.

3. Who, in typical afonjaic manner collected Money from
IBB and betrayed Abiola. It wasn't Ndiigbo, it was Yoruba Obas.

4. In 1999, the entire country, barring SW voted for a Yoruba man called OBJ. So?

5. Good question. Look no further than 1967 and 2015.
Who went into alliance with the North against a Southern alliance?

1 Like

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by Okoroawusa: 7:52pm On Jun 01, 2017
amarachi06:

Take a look at my mentions and yours truly. Hate lives in every Nigerian.
one day u will grow up to understand that a young heart filled of hate do not reach its maximum potential becos its clouds ur vision to see the good out there.I pray u will understand.thank u
Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by pazienza(m): 8:00pm On Jun 01, 2017
Diademk07:

Adekunle happened to shoot at anything that moved because no indigene would be seen roaming on the street/in the bush and homeless except the biafra men. As a matter of fact, he mentioned the ibos explicitly in his speech.

That Kogbara was with Ojukwu, does it negate the fact that the biafra men attacked the Ogonis? Didn't Bankole under the command of Ojukwu, lay siege to Ore? How about the attack on the Midwest?

The truth is the Biafra men bit more than they could chew and they were roundly dealt with. Eediots who keep playing the victim card are ugly non-entities and should go get themselves books to read.

Trash!

Adekunle shot at everything within range. He didn't care.

No Biafran men attacked Ogoni. None whatsoever. Only FG soldiers were attacked. Ogoni people were also part of the Biafran Army.
Banjo is not from Midwest, never attacked Midwest natives and refused to invade Yorubaland to chase away the Northern military complex there, instead he wasted precious days in Bini plotting means to not only depose Gowon from Lagos, but also depose Ojukwu from Enugu and rule over a new United Nigeria.
Kogbara was a civilian, a technocrat and a real Ogoni leader.

Nobody playing victim cards, just don't want my people deceived into accepting snakes as ropes, to avoid being stung again.

We must continue seeing snakes as snakes, and call them snake, to remind us of the harm they had caused and can cause and for our own safety and those of our generations unborn.

2 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by fabre4: 8:54pm On Jun 01, 2017
omusiliyu:
Oluwole Soyinka and Abdulganiyy Fawehinmi went to jail because of Ndigbos. They stood against Nigeria government. They ended the war with their powerful pens and mouths. So many Yorubas risked their lives to save ndigbo from going to extinction....and today, they referred to us as cowards.

Yes they were good men but there are also those that are bad and mind u only those of you on nairaland are Cowards and I will continue to support that notion until I see a detribalized westerner here.
Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by banggy: 9:22pm On Jun 01, 2017
Only low life will say The Yorubas are not the best tribe ever liveth
Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by wristbangle: 9:36pm On Jun 01, 2017
ibkgab001:
Those ungrateful people ...

I will rather come back to this world as a GOAT than to come back as an IGBO

IBUKUNOLU

grin grin Na wao!
Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by Timbuktuo: 10:20pm On Jun 01, 2017
janellemonae:

No, we are not the best tribe in the world. There is no best tribe. Please we Yorubas do not talk like this.

Stop dragging urself into the gutter trying to talk like an igboman. Don't cross dt line cos ur defending urself. We should leave all d greatest, biggest, best, mostest nonsense to them. Dt foolishness is their specialty.

True omoluabi comment. Respect, ma'am.

2 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by Dindondin(m): 10:28pm On Jun 01, 2017
hammer6:
YORUBA SHOULD STOP ALL THIS PRETENCE, WAT ABOUT THE YORUBAS THAT WENT ROUND LAGOS KILLING IGBOS?
U WANT THE WORLD TO BELIEVE THAT IT WAS ONLY HAUSA, I THINK NOT.
when did this happen

3 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by BLACKdagger: 12:41am On Jun 02, 2017
ipodstinks:
You are a liar. All your victims cries have been exposed. Let me ask you, why did you ppl hide what you did to minorities tribes from south south and Midwest from that war history?, So you did that in order for you to get Sympathy. The truth has come out already and it is spreading fast.

what is this one saying undecided

Pained soul... kikikiki.
Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by chris31(m): 1:42am On Jun 02, 2017
hammer6:

SIR LOUIS OJUKWU PROPERTY THAT IS STILL BEING USED BY LAGOS GOVERNMENT IS WAT?
STOP LYING, YORUBA STARTED THE WHOLE ABANDONED PROPERTY AND NO IGBO WERE NOT GIVEN THEIR PROPERTY.
EVEN THE MONEY IN THEIR ACCOUNT, AWOLOWO REFUSED TO ALLOW THEM.
That was a game plan by the North to let Igbos move back to the North & SW after the war they mislead the SS against the SE because had it been it never happened igbos may have not returned back to the North & SW but i thank God that the SS themselves have known that the North scammed them also....Right from time the North never wanted a united SS & SE they have this ideology divide & rule.

You should try & read the history of both sides if you call urself a 21st century student before u give judgment hear from both sides u will find out the truth urself.
Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by barcaboi(m): 6:33am On Jun 02, 2017
hammer6:

SIR LOUIS OJUKWU PROPERTY THAT IS STILL BEING USED BY LAGOS GOVERNMENT IS WAT?
STOP LYING, YORUBA STARTED THE WHOLE ABANDONED PROPERTY AND NO IGBO WERE NOT GIVEN THEIR PROPERTY.
EVEN THE MONEY IN THEIR ACCOUNT, AWOLOWO REFUSED TO ALLOW THEM.
shameless bigot...that is why history is important in classes if not all these bigots will get the story twisted...... google it if u are so lazy to ask about what really happened
Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by Diademk07: 7:10am On Jun 02, 2017
pazienza:

Trash!

No Biafran men attacked Ogoni. None whatsoever. Only FG soldiers were attacked. Ogoni people were also part of the Biafran Army.
Banjo is not from Midwest, never attacked Midwest natives and refused to invade Yorubaland to chase away the Northern military complex there, instead he wasted precious days in Bini plotting means to not only depose Gowon from Lagos, but also depose Ojukwu from Enugu and rule over a new United Nigeria.

Nobody playing victim cards, just don't want my people deceived into accepting snakes as ropes, to avoid being stung again.

We must continue seeing snakes as snakes, and call them snake, to remind us of the harm they had caused and can cause and for our own safety and those of our generations unborn.

Bullshit!

By your notion, we could also say that Ojukwu was also plotting against himself because he was roundly flogged by the soldiers just the way Bankole was, at Ore? LOL!

The truth is Ojukwu betrayed Bankole, just like he did to many people. That's exactly the face of most ibos. Even Zik betrayed not only his folks but Ahmadu Bello, whom he claimed was his close friend. Tell me who was the beautiful bride who kept on changing his team everytime?

Just look at the revisionism, as if we're not aware how Saro wiwa fought on the Nigeria side or the fact that Ogoni folks do not like the Ibos as seen by how the Ogoni man attacked the girl who was putting on Biafra cap.

Lmao. The real betraying weasels are the Ibos! Eediots who plunged the South into the mess by teaming up with the uneducated North to subjugate the south just because they thought they could rule Nigeria through back doors if they teamed up with the uneducated North, not knowing that the North, though uneducated are power hungry themselves and when things didn't go your way, you eediots plunged Nigeria into its first coup, killing every regional leaders except the Ibo leaders yet you wanted us to join your lots in your suicide mission? For crying out loud, We should be avenging our Leaders (Akintola, Ademulegun et al) whom your devilish folks killed yet deluded eediots as yourself expected us to fight for your cause!

Should we talk about how Ojukwu betrayed Bankole who was the man that won every battle for him or how the fool betrayed the Neutral grounds (Midwest and Ore) by not only invading but attacking them? You know what? I'm quite happy that biafra were defeated! Not only because betrayals were roundly dealt with as should be, but because my lovely state, Ondo state could have become an ibo as well as our language changed to Ibo while eediots like yourself would have been telling us how our ancestors came from Ngwa.. LOL.

2 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by Diademk07: 7:34am On Jun 02, 2017
pazienza:

1. Awolowo and Akintola out of treachery connived to scam Azikiwe and NCNC and were rightly punished for their political naivety packaged as sufferstication. https://www.nairaland.com/3780719/politics-first-coalition-govt-nigeria

2. Who was Awolowo VP in 1979? Who won more than 70% of votes in Imo and Anambra states in the 1979 presidential elections.

3. Who, in typical afonjaic manner collected Money from
IBB and betrayed Abiola. It wasn't Ndiigbo, it was Yoruba Obas.

4. In 1999, the entire country, barring SW voted for a Yoruba man called OBJ. So?

5. Good question. Look no further than 1967 and 2015.
Who went into alliance with the North against a Southern alliance?

Will you shut up already?

Zik was born in the North, he could even speak their language fluently more than Yoruba yet he wanted to rule the West and had the audacity to cry foul because the West voted for an AG man? Why not contest in the North where he was born, when the Osu man knows he would be beheaded before he even make a try? LOL.

Moreover, was he not the same person who connived with the whites and the North to join both the North and South together when Awolowo was against it yet the fool still had the guts to believe he could come to the West to rule us? What a deluded eediot! LOL!

2 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by EmeritusMbaM: 7:42am On Jun 02, 2017
[s]
pazienza:
The accommodators are at it again.

“Myself and the same UNICEF representatives
went on to convey something of what lay
behind this intransigence: Among the large
majority hailing from that tribe( Yoruba) who are the
most vocal in inciting the complete
extermination of the Igbos. I often heard
remarks that all Nigeria’s ills will be cured
once the Igbos have been exterminated from
the human map.” (Dr Conor Cruise O’Bien, 21
December, 1967, New York Review).

“I want to see no Red Cross, no Caritas, no
World Council of Churches, no Pope, no
missionary, no UN delegation. I want to
prevent even one Ibo from having even one
piece to eat before their capitulation. We shoot
at everything that moves and when our troops
march into the centre of Ibo territory, we shoot
at everything, even things that do not
move” (Benjamin Adekunle, Commander, 3 rd
Marine Commander Division, Nigerian Army to
French Radio Reporter)

Mr Nwabuikwu, we understand that there exists good amongst the bad. But individual motives must be distinguished from national motives.

Even amongst the Nazi, there were good men,but the actions. of the good ones can never erase the fact the Nazi general policy was anti Jewish.

I'm sure some Nazi must have saved some Jews too.

It was Andrew Nwankwo( Ironsi ADC) Hausa friend named Bello, that saved him from the Northern junta, the same Northern military junta that killed many of Andrew Nwankwo Igbo Nigerian military compatriots.
https://www.nairaland.com/1076677/real-story-how-lt.col-fajuyi

We have nothing against good individual Yorubas, but the Igbophobic nature of Yoruba nationalism can never be watered down, and no amount of white washing would make us forget it.

God bless the Yoruba man that saved you and his descendants, if they haven't embraced the awoist Yoruba nationalism that is inherently Igbophobic.

Ozoemena. Fences make for good neighbors. Let's all get our own individual nations and become good neighbors.
[/s]

The funniest thing about this midget is the way he scream Igbophobic everywhere as if he likes Yoruba people. You hate others and cry when they return the hate, you are a devilish being and big disgrace to your people. Honestly, wish you can channel your tears to millions of your people all over SW since you hate the Yorubas so much. Mschew

3 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by Diademk07: 7:50am On Jun 02, 2017
EmeritusMbaM:
[s][/s]

The funniest thing about this midget is the way he scream Igbophobic everywhere as if he likes Yoruba people. You hate others and cry when they return the hate, you are a devilish being and big disgrace to your people. Honestly, wish you can channel your tears to millions of your people all over SW since you hate the Yorubas so much. Mschew

You dey mind him?

I've known them since my schooling days at Benin. One of my friends was even calling my Ofe nmamnu which I thought was a tease since I did nothing to provoke him only to come on nairaland and realise what it means.

The truth is majority of them hates us and it's high time we started returning the hate already. I would still give some of them the benefit of the doubt, like our ibo tenants but not those I see emanating the hate in front of me yet wants love from me in return. Deluded weasels!

2 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by MAYOWAAK: 8:27am On Jun 02, 2017
Tai Solarin, a civilian, risked his own life by going right into the heart of the Biafran enclave to rescue Igbo children and gave them education at Mayflower School, Ikenne.

2 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by ipodstinks: 8:29am On Jun 02, 2017
BLACKdagger:

what is this one saying undecided

Pained soul... kikikiki.
Whether pained soul or paint soul. Your atrocities during that time have been linked and it is spreading fast. The way you force Igbo names on south south ppl and changed their street names to Igbo names and killed anyone of them that opposed the forced government. You are just starting.

2 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by BLACKdagger: 8:38am On Jun 02, 2017
ipodstinks:

[s]Whether pained soul or paint soul. Your atrocities during that time have been linked and it is spreading fast. The way you force Igbo names on south south ppl and changed their street names to Igbo names and killed anyone of them that opposed the forced government. You are just starting[/s]

The devil is a liar!..kkikikikikiiki.
I kno d difference between chaff and food. cool
Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by EmeritusMbaM: 8:39am On Jun 02, 2017
Diademk07:

You dey mind him?

I've known them since my schooling days at Benin. One of my friends was even calling my Ofe nmamnu which I thought was a tease since I did nothing to provoke him only to come on nairaland and realise what it means.

The truth is majority of them hates us and it's high time we started returning the hate already. I would still give some of them the benefit of the doubt, like our ibo tenants but not those I see emanating the hate in front of me yet wants love from me in return. Deluded weasels!

They have been poisoned by their bitter parents, reason i wish some Yorubas forming sophistication can wake up. Ibos are bitter people and reason everyone hate them. No one love these people cos of their ways, our people should be wise.

2 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by ipodstinks: 8:42am On Jun 02, 2017
pazienza:

Trash!

Are you saying Biafra solder didn't attack ogoni ppl. You must be kidding. So why did Igbo not included their atrocities in south south and Midwest into Biafra story? You ppl are pathetic lairs. Well, the truth has been exposed and I am happy that even the south south ppl, delta and benin are already knowing more of the war. I will distribute the book in schools here for them to know the real truth. When a lie goes for long time, one day the truth shall catch it. The time is here.

1 Like

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by ipodstinks: 8:49am On Jun 02, 2017
BLACKdagger:

The devil is a liar!..kkikikikikiiki.
I kno d difference between chaff and food. cool
You are talking to a delta man, a war activist. The book already being published my granddad was a survival of you evil activities, though he lost his sister to your devilish Biafra solder. Keep laughing coa you will cry at the end. Some schools here have gotten the book. I didn't give them in order for them to resentment toward Igbo's, but to know the truth you ppl have been hidden for long.

1 Like

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by BLACKdagger: 9:06am On Jun 02, 2017
ipodstinks:

[s]You are talking to a delta man, a war activist. The book already being published my granddad was a survival of you evil activities, though he lost his sister to your devilish Biafra solder. Keep laughing coa you will cry at the end. Some schools here have gotten the book. I didn't give them in order for them to resentment toward Igbo's, but to know the truth you ppl have been hidden for long. [/s]

I dnt care to know were u come from.
Why would i care when u hav been lying up amd down...kikikikikik.
Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by ipodstinks: 9:11am On Jun 02, 2017
BLACKdagger:

I dnt care to know were u come from.
Why would i care when u hav been lying up amd down...kikikikikik.
grin, don't want you to know as well. All I care is about my ppl. They must know the truth, how you ppl killed our parents and forced your name on some of us. How you trying hard to take our land. All that has been exposed.

1 Like

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by BLACKdagger: 9:25am On Jun 02, 2017
ipodstinks:
grin, don't want you to know as well. All I care is about my ppl. They must know the truth, how you ppl killed our parents and forced your name on some of us. How you trying hard to take our land. All that has been exposed.

Kikikiki... the devil is a lair!!.

We all know d truth.
Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by kingzizzy: 9:34am On Jun 02, 2017
I find it quite astonishing that some Yorubas are congratulating them for having save Igbos. While this is a noblw gesture, it is tarnished by the fact that Yorubas still wanted to do 'one Nigeria' with the same people trying kill Igbos.

This is one thing I never understood about Yorubas, their blind belief in 'one Nigeria'

An example is with herdsmen. When Herdsmen attack Igbo land, many Igbos call for the division of Nigeria.

When Herdsmen attack Yoruba land, that is when Yorubas call for 'unity of purpose'

What is this with Yorubas and about trying to do 'one Nigeria' with killers?
Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by ephi321(f): 10:09pm On Jun 02, 2017
Amoto94:
There are good and bad people in every group, but we choose to focus on the bad ones neglecting those who are good. A family friend regretted living Okene during the war though he survived the war and has never left Okene but many of his colleagues didn't survive. The earlier we realised that what we need is fighting off bad governance and being exemplary in our dealings the better for us. eph123 react

Lol. I've never disputed that. We are first humans before being Yoruba or Fulani or wherever we may come from.

Recently, I learnt something. There is a difference between generalisations and stereotypes. It's worth knowing the difference.
Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 04, 2017
kingzizzy:
I find it quite astonishing that some Yorubas are congratulating them for having save Igbos. While this is a noblw gesture, it is tarnished by the fact that Yorubas still wanted to do 'one Nigeria' with the same people trying kill Igbos.

This is one thing I never understood about Yorubas, their blind belief in 'one Nigeria'

An example is with herdsmen. When Herdsmen attack Igbo land, many Igbos call for the division of Nigeria.

When Herdsmen attack Yoruba land, that is when Yorubas call for 'unity of purpose'

What is this with Yorubas and about trying to do 'one Nigeria' with killers?
On the contrary, majority of the average Yoruba folks saw, and still see the civil war as a battle between the Hausas and the Igbos. That's why most Yoruba's don't understand why Kanu was so anti-yoruba when he started Radio Biafra...

As to your second question, well I believe it's because Yoruba's prefer cultural diversity to homogeneity and mostly because "O shi maa da" meaning things will still turn out better for Nigeria is a Very common slogan here in the southwest . And why mention Fulani herdsmen alone Don't all tribes have their flaws?? Is Nigeria made up of only 3 tribes Why focus on the bad side alone??

The Ijaw creek boys are kidnapping people in Lagos, does that mean Yoruba's should call for secession

Restructuring is the way forward. Our Diversity and population can be our greatest strength if we use it wisely...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki / APC Rejects Diri As Bayelsa Governor-Elect / Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.