Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,832 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu (62514 Views)

Think Twice Before You Throw A Birthday Party For Your Girlfriend / Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! / Think Twice Before You Follow Him To The Hotel: My Personal Encounter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 01, 2017
v
Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by gracile(f): 5:35pm On Jun 01, 2017
Understanding as well, truly love isn't enough
Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by Wayne4uall(m): 5:37pm On Jun 01, 2017
God first grin
Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by kennyz247(m): 5:37pm On Jun 01, 2017
stories for the Gods.....
my brodas just stay away from ladies.....if u ar not ready for marriage....9ja girls are vatually all killer by creation

1 Like

Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by TheLogicalMind(m): 5:39pm On Jun 01, 2017
ModCaller:
So on point.

But the main thing is she must be very ready for heavy sex. That's the only reason I'm gonna pay her bride price. Just sex. I repeat, just sex, because most ladies are essentially useless but for sex.

You're living in the 7th Century. Someone should drag you into the 21st Century even if it is against your will.

1 Like

Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by ijayebonyi(f): 5:40pm On Jun 01, 2017
emusmithy:

Lacking all these, she'll still coman be saying...

[img]https://media./images/3616bd07e5eb4b5602bf609cac4fed58/tenor.gif[/img]

Lol. How about he?
Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by reiddecuti: 5:41pm On Jun 01, 2017
Still waiting for when a lad or lass with these qualities will be born.

Believe me when I say: not in this generation.

1 Like

Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by ijayebonyi(f): 5:42pm On Jun 01, 2017
What will be will be
Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by EPIJOE: 5:43pm On Jun 01, 2017
OUT OF ALL, I CHOOSE TOLERANCE. ITS THE COMBINATION OF ALL.
Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by gentlegenius(m): 5:44pm On Jun 01, 2017
Enoma222:
My secondary school gf have all this qualities i guess am just lucky .....lolz
You are really lucky my guy. But if she's still a teenager, then you need tolerance and understanding to flow along with her.
I am currently dating a secondary school girl and I think they are the best kind of girls to date.
Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by larrybabanla(m): 5:44pm On Jun 01, 2017
All these slay queens and pepper dem gangs, I pity them then

1 Like

Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 01, 2017
ijayebonyi:
Lol. How about he?

Lols, tell me...what's the first thing that came to your mind? wink
Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 01, 2017
importexpert:
When you read some articles online, they give a lot of dos and don’ts about relationships that are bigger than our Nigerian constitution. These codes are so many that trying to keep all of them can turn a full blooded human to a robot. The point is: while some of the dos and don’ts are valid, they are not always necessary. What works in one relationship may not work in another. This results in partial success and partial failure.
But some things are so essential that you should not overlook them. They form the core of every true relationship. You may refer to them as the engine a successful relationship. Among a plethora of such things, three qualities stand out the most. If they are present in you and your partners, your relationship will weather any storm irrespective of the do’s and don’ts that have been set by others. You can find them below.

1. Teachable: Webster dictionary defines “teachable” as being ‘able and willing to learn’. This is by far the most vital quality. No matter how horrible your partner may be, if they have this one quality, there is still hope. Nobody enters into a relationship being perfect. We must all have a deficit in one way or the other. The ability to be open to learn and change for the happiness of another person is what counts. If your partner does not know how to show love, how to cook, how to tidy up a home or any other thing but is willing to learn, you have a treasure. Too many people will instead just say “That is the way I am and I can’t change for anybody. Deal with it.” It takes a lot of gut and humility to admit that you are doing something wrong and have the desire to learn to do it right. If your partner is rigid and is not willing to learn, you had better think twice.

2. Devotion: You may substitute this word for “commitment.” Love is easy; commitment is difficult. Love is a feeling that comes and goes; commitment remains whether the feeling is present or not. Devotion is what makes someone want to keep a relationship even it is not convenient. It is what makes a partner continually watch out for the interest of another even when they do not feel like it. It is the quality of sticking to someone no matter the challenges. It is what keeps your partner by your side even if they find someone more attractive than you. You would want a partner that would remain committed to you even when they do not feel they love you. It is from this quality that other things like sacrifice spring up. If you doubt your partner’s commitment to you and your relationship, you should have a second thought. Many dating relationships and marriages crash because one partner did not learn how to be devoted during the ups and down of life.

3. Tolerance: If your partner has a quick temper, there is a problem. If your partner is fond of flaring up at the slightest provocation, your relationship is sitting on a time bomb. You need someone who is tolerant when they see your flaws. You will make mistakes. You will commit unimaginable blunders. You will say things you never mean. You will do things that you never really planned to do. You will hurt your partner even without knowing. If you want to argue the previous statements, you need to come to terms with your humanity. Face the truth: you are not perfect. To err is human. But in all, your partner needs to be someone who can forgive and be accommodating of your flaws. And this is why tolerance is crucial. A successful relationship is one where the partners have mastered the art of forgiveness and tolerance.

In conclusion, you will notice that love does not make the list. The reason is because this list is Reality 101. While love is important, it is not a quality a partner can possess. Rather, it is what is felt between two people and the feeling can be erratic. A durable relationship needs more than just love; it needs more of teachability, commitment, and tolerance.

Do you agree with Me cheesy?

yes I do
Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by ijayebonyi(f): 5:48pm On Jun 01, 2017
emusmithy:

Lols, tell me...what's the first thing that came to your mind? wink
I just wrote what came to mind
Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by madridguy(m): 5:48pm On Jun 01, 2017
Following....
Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by mamatayour(f): 5:49pm On Jun 01, 2017
sotall:
Do you have sisters, nieces and female cousins ?
Does this your statement apply to them?
God bless you. You said my mind
Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by Ochyglowsglows(f): 5:50pm On Jun 01, 2017
I agree 100%
Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 01, 2017
Okay... return this serve

Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by bigfather(m): 6:03pm On Jun 01, 2017
importexpert:
When you read some articles online, they give a lot of dos and don’ts about relationships that are bigger than our Nigerian constitution. These codes are so many that trying to keep all of them can turn a full blooded human to a robot. The point is: while some of the dos and don’ts are valid, they are not always necessary. What works in one relationship may not work in another. This results in partial success and partial failure.
But some things are so essential that you should not overlook them. They form the core of every true relationship. You may refer to them as the engine a successful relationship. Among a plethora of such things, three qualities stand out the most. If they are present in you and your partners, your relationship will weather any storm irrespective of the do’s and don’ts that have been set by others. You can find them below.

1. Teachable: Webster dictionary defines “teachable” as being ‘able and willing to learn’. This is by far the most vital quality. No matter how horrible your partner may be, if they have this one quality, there is still hope. Nobody enters into a relationship being perfect. We must all have a deficit in one way or the other. The ability to be open to learn and change for the happiness of another person is what counts. If your partner does not know how to show love, how to cook, how to tidy up a home or any other thing but is willing to learn, you have a treasure. Too many people will instead just say “That is the way I am and I can’t change for anybody. Deal with it.” It takes a lot of gut and humility to admit that you are doing something wrong and have the desire to learn to do it right. If your partner is rigid and is not willing to learn, you had better think twice.

2. Devotion: You may substitute this word for “commitment.” Love is easy; commitment is difficult. Love is a feeling that comes and goes; commitment remains whether the feeling is present or not. Devotion is what makes someone want to keep a relationship even it is not convenient. It is what makes a partner continually watch out for the interest of another even when they do not feel like it. It is the quality of sticking to someone no matter the challenges. It is what keeps your partner by your side even if they find someone more attractive than you. You would want a partner that would remain committed to you even when they do not feel they love you. It is from this quality that other things like sacrifice spring up. If you doubt your partner’s commitment to you and your relationship, you should have a second thought. Many dating relationships and marriages crash because one partner did not learn how to be devoted during the ups and down of life.

3. Tolerance: If your partner has a quick temper, there is a problem. If your partner is fond of flaring up at the slightest provocation, your relationship is sitting on a time bomb. You need someone who is tolerant when they see your flaws. You will make mistakes. You will commit unimaginable blunders. You will say things you never mean. You will do things that you never really planned to do. You will hurt your partner even without knowing. If you want to argue the previous statements, you need to come to terms with your humanity. Face the truth: you are not perfect. To err is human. But in all, your partner needs to be someone who can forgive and be accommodating of your flaws. And this is why tolerance is crucial. A successful relationship is one where the partners have mastered the art of forgiveness and tolerance.

In conclusion, you will notice that love does not make the list. The reason is because this list is Reality 101. While love is important, it is not a quality a partner can possess. Rather, it is what is felt between two people and the feeling can be erratic. A durable relationship needs more than just love; it needs more of teachability, commitment, and tolerance.

Do you agree with Me cheesy?

Teachable and Tolerance are d biggest attraction for me.
Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by steve6: 6:12pm On Jun 01, 2017
Nice !
Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by cbrass(m): 6:17pm On Jun 01, 2017
This is a mature write up, this is indeed reality. I used to tell people love do fade away when commitment is dead
Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by fumisko(f): 6:19pm On Jun 01, 2017
I believe it is hard to offer commitment without love. Why would I want to commit to someone I have no attraction or liking for. Don't u know its love that would make you see your wife crying and you would feel it at the center of your heart...if u don't love her...nothing would make u want to tell her sorry....or ask for forgivenesss even if you not at fault....
Christ said love is d greatest...that's wat makes him forgive us wen we sin again and again
I think the issue is that we take love to be a feeling...
I see love as feeling +commitment+ tolerance etc

If I have no attraction for you or that thing deep inside that ( we call love).....I won't care..ask those my male friends that ask me out over and over again that I have no attraction for......my point is when I have no feeling for you....I cannot even think commitment
You are committed to, tolerant of, and devoted to someone u hv dt depth for.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by cbrass(m): 6:20pm On Jun 01, 2017
bigfather:

Teachable and Tolerance are d biggest attraction for me.

Me it's commitment and tolerance

1 Like

Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by cbrass(m): 6:25pm On Jun 01, 2017
fumisko:
I believe it is hard to offer commitment without love. Why would I want to commit to someone I have no attraction or liking for. Don't u know its love that would make you see your wife crying and you would feel it at the center of your heart...if u don't love her...nothing would make u want to tell her sorry....or ask for forgivenesss even if you not at fault....
Christ said love is d greatest...that's wat makes him forgive us wen we sin again and again
I think the issue is that we take love to be a feeling...
I see love as feeling +commitment+ tolerance etc

If I have no attraction for you or that thing deep inside that ( we call love).....I won't care..ask those my male friends that ask me out over and over again that I have no attraction for......my point is when I have no feeling for you....I cannot even think commitment
You are committed to, tolerant of, and devoted to someone u hv dt depth for.

Do I love the maths I did while in school? No I was committed into passing them so I can graduate wink
Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by jman77(m): 6:25pm On Jun 01, 2017
Girls quality these days cheesy

Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by cbrass(m): 6:28pm On Jun 01, 2017
gentlegenius:

You are really lucky my guy. But if she's still a teenager, then you need tolerance and understanding to flow along with her.
I am currently dating a secondary school girl and I think they are the best kind of girls to date.
Stop wasting your time, in fact I will say stop wasting her time. What should be paramount for her is her studies
Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 01, 2017
ijayebonyi:
I just wrote what came to mind

Hmm, mind games!
Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by Iyke216(m): 6:55pm On Jun 01, 2017
Abeg i de find two yards of wife material, Please where can i buy it?
Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by Amgreat1(m): 6:58pm On Jun 01, 2017
Correct article. Thank you.
Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by Decryptor(m): 7:00pm On Jun 01, 2017
ModCaller:
So on point.

But the main thing is she must be very ready for heavy sex. That's the only reason I'm gonna pay her bride price. Just sex. I repeat, just sex, because most ladies are essentially useless but for sex.

Until you start looking at a woman beyond her her unclothedness and yourself beyond your erection, you'd realise that there is more to being in a meaningful relationship apart from just sex alone.
Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by Austinoiz(m): 7:15pm On Jun 01, 2017
To hell with these relationship tips. A is not B so what works for A will NOT likely work for B.

BTW, I no get galfriend at the moment, so who will I sample these tips on?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Moment A Groom Wept Uncontrollably At His Wedding (Photo, Video) / 6 Places You Should Never Toast A Nigerian Girl / Nigerian Man Proposes To His Russian Girlfriend On Valentine's Day (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.