Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,738 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu (62522 Views)

Think Twice Before You Throw A Birthday Party For Your Girlfriend / Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! / Think Twice Before You Follow Him To The Hotel: My Personal Encounter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by klassykute(m): 7:17am On Jun 02, 2017
AlexCk:
If u really love the person, u will do whatever it takes to make it work wella, hence having those qualities
sm oeople cannot learn pride will not let them jare. They tink beauty or money or dat ass will make dem get all from a man...
Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by gentlegenius(m): 7:32am On Jun 02, 2017
Tori46:

What if she leaves you for a younger guy when she gets to the University? At a point she may feel trapped or something and want to explore being that she's young. Plus she may not even know what she wants yet
Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by gentlegenius(m): 7:33am On Jun 02, 2017
Tori46:

What if she leaves you for a younger guy when she gets to the University? At a point she may feel trapped or something and want to explore being that she's young. Plus she may not even know what she wants yet
If she did all these or any of these, it means I'm not educating her well or she just wasn't meant for me. It's true that teenage girls always want to date guys in their age group, explore and fornicate and even commit Abortions for them. But I must make her understand that no matter how much a guy of your age group claims to love you, he'll end up marrying someone far younger than you and you'll have no choice but to marry a man about 10 years older than you and live to regret all the bad things you did with guys of your age group. I must show her examples and proofs that men naturally don't marry women who are their age mates so it is useless and very unwise for a girl to seek to date guys of her age bracket. If she had a little bit of wisdom, she'll understand this and even advice other young girls close to her.
So whatever she does later in her life depends on how I nurture her now.
Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by cbrass(m): 8:00am On Jun 02, 2017
gentlegenius:

So you think everyone is interested in university education? What about the millions of graduates that are on the streets jobless?
Anyway, to answer your question, I'll say that once my daughter enter senior secondary school, I'll personally encourage her to date a responsible, God fearing matured guy. A guy who will have a positive influence on her life and help her overcome the peer pressure and mistakes of teenage age. I'll give her the clues to choosing a good guy and She has to introduce him to me and I'll talk to him. Then she has to undergo virginity checks and test regularly to convince me that she is not sleeping with him or any other guy.
Dating does not destroy young girls but sex does. Once you set this standard for your daughter very early in her life, she'll just get on with it till adulthood. You won't have to advise her again in her University.

So you will encourage your daughter not to get educated? shocked its clear you don't know the reason why you go to school...i will advice you to quit that relationship and encourage that girl to complete her education. BTW are you from the north?
Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 02, 2017
ijayebonyi:
guess is better, abi you're thinking otherwise?

Do you have a husband material in your life?
Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by Tori46(f): 9:09am On Jun 02, 2017
gentlegenius:

If she did all these or any of these, it means I'm not educating her well or she just wasn't meant for me. It's true that teenage girls always want to date guys in their age group, explore and fornicate and even commit Abortions for them. But I must make her understand that no matter how much a guy of your age group claims to love you, he'll end up marrying someone far younger than you and you'll have no choice but to marry a man about 10 years older than you and live to regret all the bad things you did with guys of your age group. I must show her examples and proofs that men naturally don't marry women who are their age mates so it is useless and very unwise for a girl to seek to date guys of her age bracket. If she had a little bit of wisdom, she'll understand this and even advice other young girls close to her.
So whatever she does later in her life depends on how I nurture her now.

Hmm.. looks like you have a good heart, I wish you all the best in your endeavour
Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by fumisko(f): 9:34am On Jun 02, 2017
I get
cbrass:

The capital answer is NO but you see the definition of love by some people these days is scary. Exactly this question u asked popped up in my mind in my last relationship which I just left some weeks ago. I was committed in various ways - money, time(even though am a programmer) , sacrifices with her doing nothing other than her just saying I Love u nw. But when I ask her about commitment she goes crazy on me and start the "you nag too much talk", so if we look at it again from your angle I can conclude that the love wasn't there or probably was there but somehow got lost in transit
Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by gentlegenius(m): 1:19pm On Jun 02, 2017
cbrass:

So you will encourage your daughter not to get educated? shocked its clear you don't know the reason why you go to school...i will advice you to quit that relationship and encourage that girl to complete her education. BTW are you from the north?
Do you really know the meaning of the word 'educated'? Do you know what it means for one to be educated?
Anyways, I didn't say I'll encourage my daughter not to be educated. But it seems going to higher institutions is what you termed as 'being educated'. I was referring to my girlfriend when I said earlier that not everyone is interested in going to the University. She's is a passionate and talented business manager and I have good business plans for her which could turn her to a millionaire in just a year. So weting concern her with University? But if she still desire a University degree, she can aquire it later with her own money through part time or other similar programmes.
Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by Enoma222(m): 2:33pm On Jun 03, 2017
gentlegenius:

You are really lucky my guy. But if she's still a teenager, then you need tolerance and understanding to flow along with her.
I am currently dating a secondary school girl and I think they are the best kind of girls to date. l grin[quote author=gentlegenius post=57096143]
You are really lucky my guy. But if she's still a teenager, then you need tolerance and understanding to flow along with her.
I am currently dating a secondary school girl and I think they are the best kind of girls to date.

yea she is still a teen but she is really. mature she always let me know that she dose not care about my present situation but my future dat all matter am expire do be a more better person because of her

guys don fall back to teen .....lol
Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by simmis: 5:14pm On Jun 03, 2017
importexpert:
When you read some articles online, they give a lot of dos and don’ts about relationships that are bigger than our Nigerian constitution. These codes are so many that trying to keep all of them can turn a full blooded human to a robot. The point is: while some of the dos and don’ts are valid, they are not always necessary. What works in one relationship may not work in another. This results in partial success and partial failure.
But some things are so essential that you should not overlook them. They form the core of every true relationship. You may refer to them as the engine a successful relationship. Among a plethora of such things, three qualities stand out the most. If they are present in you and your partners, your relationship will weather any storm irrespective of the do’s and don’ts that have been set by others. You can find them below.

1. Teachable: Webster dictionary defines “teachable” as being ‘able and willing to learn’. This is by far the most vital quality. No matter how horrible your partner may be, if they have this one quality, there is still hope. Nobody enters into a relationship being perfect. We must all have a deficit in one way or the other. The ability to be open to learn and change for the happiness of another person is what counts. If your partner does not know how to show love, how to cook, how to tidy up a home or any other thing but is willing to learn, you have a treasure. Too many people will instead just say “That is the way I am and I can’t change for anybody. Deal with it.” It takes a lot of gut and humility to admit that you are doing something wrong and have the desire to learn to do it right. If your partner is rigid and is not willing to learn, you had better think twice.

2. Devotion: You may substitute this word for “commitment.” Love is easy; commitment is difficult. Love is a feeling that comes and goes; commitment remains whether the feeling is present or not. Devotion is what makes someone want to keep a relationship even it is not convenient. It is what makes a partner continually watch out for the interest of another even when they do not feel like it. It is the quality of sticking to someone no matter the challenges. It is what keeps your partner by your side even if they find someone more attractive than you. You would want a partner that would remain committed to you even when they do not feel they love you. It is from this quality that other things like sacrifice spring up. If you doubt your partner’s commitment to you and your relationship, you should have a second thought. Many dating relationships and marriages crash because one partner did not learn how to be devoted during the ups and down of life.

3. Tolerance: If your partner has a quick temper, there is a problem. If your partner is fond of flaring up at the slightest provocation, your relationship is sitting on a time bomb. You need someone who is tolerant when they see your flaws. You will make mistakes. You will commit unimaginable blunders. You will say things you never mean. You will do things that you never really planned to do. You will hurt your partner even without knowing. If you want to argue the previous statements, you need to come to terms with your humanity. Face the truth: you are not perfect. To err is human. But in all, your partner needs to be someone who can forgive and be accommodating of your flaws. And this is why tolerance is crucial. A successful relationship is one where the partners have mastered the art of forgiveness and tolerance.

In conclusion, you will notice that love does not make the list. The reason is because this list is Reality 101. While love is important, it is not a quality a partner can possess. Rather, it is what is felt between two people and the feeling can be erratic. A durable relationship needs more than just love; it needs more of teachability, commitment, and tolerance.

Do you agree with Me cheesy?
wisest word ever
Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 03, 2017
OP, this is a beautiful write up but your conclusion is wrong.
It makes it one of those confusing articles all over the Internet.
love isn't just a feeling, with love comes all these things you have listed and so much more.
It makes one devoted, tolerant, and so much more.
When you are in love these things come almost effortlessly.
When you are in love, you natural find yourself devoted to your loved one and highly tolerant of him or her.
love is like a tree with so many branches. It goes beyond mere feelings.
Love is responsibility and trust. With love comes mutual respect, companionship, acceptance, care, selflessness, etc. It bears repeating that these things come effortlessly though i believe the extent to which they are exhibited depends on the depth of the love.
Furthemore God is love. The emboldened should mean something to you.
Love is like the stem of the tree and these points you listed and so much more are the branches.
A lot of authors go about spreading the mantra that love isn't everything but at the end they try to justify their claims by using the characteristics or attributes of love thereby adding to the whole confusion just as you've done.
You can't uphold a branch at the detriment of the stem or the whole tree.
Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jun 03, 2017
kennyz247:
stories for the Gods.....
my brodas just stay away from ladies.....if u ar not ready for marriage....9ja girls are vatually all killer by creation
Fact.
Before now I would have differed but experience has taught me better.
Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jun 03, 2017
AlexCk:
If u really love the person, u will do whatever it takes to make it work wella, hence having those qualities

You are so on point
You simply nailed it right there.

Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jun 03, 2017
fumisko:
I believe it is hard to offer commitment without love. Why would I want to commit to someone I have no attraction or liking for. Don't u know its love that would make you see your wife crying and you would feel it at the center of your heart...if u don't love her...nothing would make u want to tell her sorry....or ask for forgivenesss even if you not at fault....
Christ said love is d greatest...that's wat makes him forgive us wen we sin again and again
I think the issue is that we take love to be a feeling...
I see love as feeling +commitment+ tolerance etc

If I have no attraction for you or that thing deep inside that ( we call love).....I won't care..ask those my male friends that ask me out over and over again that I have no attraction for......my point is when I have no feeling for you....I cannot even think commitment
You are committed to, tolerant of, and devoted to someone u hv dt depth for.

You said it all.
thumbs up.
Just decided to go through some comments to see if there aren't people that know all these qualities the OP highlighted are made possible by the existence of love.
Without love how can i just be devoted to someone like i have nothing else to do with my time?.
God bless you for this post.
I am satisfied there are people that reason this well.
Re: Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Three Qu by ijayebonyi(f): 12:00pm On Jun 09, 2017
emusmithy:

Do you have a husband material in your life?
Lol. Don't know where to buy it o grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Guy Makes His Girlfriend Up, And It Came Out Well (Photos & Videos) / I Regret Not Making My Marriage Work, And Now My Husband Is Happily Remarried / 33-Year-Old Kenyan Virgin Who Wants To Remain So Till Age 50 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.